COTE | | Bound | | [Suzune x...

By Ayanokoji-Kyun

| | BOUND | | [Suzune x Kiyotaka] ~ Snippet of Chapter 1 ~ "Ayanokoji." She suddenly said my name with such d... More

Chapter 2 || The First Not A Date!
Chapter 3 || Dealing with an insect
Chapter 4 || Not So Subtle Announcement
Chapter 5 || 'Change'
Chapter 6 | | Chillin W/ Friends
Chapter 7 || Unveiled Truth
Chapter 8 || Developing Feelings
Chapter 9 || One Month and Meeting the Inlaw
Chapter 10 || The Colour Red
Chapter 11 | | Significance
Chapter 12: Wet 🍋
Chapter 13 | | The Morning After
A/N
Chapter 14 || Pool Day

Chapter 1 || The Compass Strikes (it doesn't actually) Again!

4.6K 117 112
By Ayanokoji-Kyun

| | BOUND | |

"I see not the reason you have to savagely stab me with that disastrous weapon of yours Horikita. In fact, I find your possession of it quite troubling." My eyes wandered to where she held her compass in the form of a dagger, ready to pounce and strike me if provoked. In truth, I never do provoke her, she just takes things in a different way.

"I would never do something so cruel as stabbing someone Ayanokouji, you must have me mistaken for someone else, after all, such acts of violence could get me in some serious trouble." She gleefully smiled, poking the top of her weapon with her finger, testing the sharpness level of it before sleekly sliding it into the pocket she had the quickest access to. Despite the sharp edge of the compass, after a few minutes of being impaled by it, the mark quickly disappears from my skin and doesn't particularly hurt in any way shape or form so being stabbed doesn't mean I'm in critical danger or anything.

"Yes, perhaps I do have you mistaken as someone else, my apologies Horikita." I apologised to her and then proceeded to look out of the classroom window, admiring the scenery of the elite school campus.

It was a week after the island exam and zodiac exam and everyone seemed relaxed despite the fact that there would soon be more exams. Class D came out on top during the island exam, understandably, we hadn't advanced classes yet however, our living wage did differ a lot from that of before so when the time came around to get points deposited, everyone was extremely happy and all gave praise to Horikita who always seemed angered in receiving it. Of course, there's a reason behind that - the reason being me, for it was not her who excelled during the Island exam and won it for our class but it was me. Me who so selfishly handed over the achievements to Horikita because I did not want to be put in the spotlight or create a target on my back. Hence why she didn't enjoy the praise since the truth about the win was hidden with deceit and lies.

"Ayanokoji." She suddenly said my name with such determination that it almost scared me - key word: almost -, "Are you perhaps free tomorrow?" She asked me. You see, the quickest option would be to say no and that 'I have plans' but of course, she would not believe that seeing as she knows how friendless I am and how no one particularly spends time with me.

"I wouldn't say I'm busy." Alas, I went with an answer in between yes and no, "As a caution, I have to ask - if you are perhaps invited me on an outing - I would have the wrong idea to assume this is a food trap, correct?" I felt the slight glare she gave me, however, I did not falter in my asking of this serious question.

"It's bold of you to incorrectly assume that I'm only offering you to come on an outing with me because I want something from you, alas, you are mistaken. Is it wrong to want to go on an outing with a f-friend?" Some people who were listening to our conversation, a conversation that was not very hushed, had their jaws agape. If I could muster the courage to change my face, I too would have had my jaw dropped, after all, if my ears do not deceive me, I'm sure that Horikita Suzune just referred to me as a 'friend.'

"I suppose it's not wrong to want to go out with a friend Horikita, I'll accept you on the offer - seeing as I lack the means to refuse," I said, glancing at the compass that had returned to the hand of its owner, glinting in the sunlight.

"Lack the means?" She falsely smiled at me, caressing her weapon, after all, it's rare to see her genuinely smile, "You have every right to refuse my kind offer Ayanokoji."

"I gracefully accept your offer Horikita," I immediately responded, in a facade-like fear of my arm getting temporary holes instilled in it.

"That's nice to know." Once again, she sheathed her weapon, carefully sliding it back into her pocket, and earning a sigh of relief from my mouth.

"Did you hear that?" Shinohara whispered quite loudly, evidently attracting the attention of the students around her, Horikita and I included, "Horikita-san and Ayanokoji-kun are going on a date." She glanced at the two of us and then more people started looking at us.

Horikita got up and began packing her things seeing as it was time for school to end, "View it however you wish, but I must ask you to refrain from inputting yourselves in my private endeavours, Ayanokoji and I are not going on a date, we are simply going to go on an outing with each other." She cooly said, picking up her bag.

Kei butted in with a small grin, "Definitely a date~!" She exclaimed happily, her grin expanding at Horikita's now flushed face, "See~ you're even blushing Horikita-san~!" Kei was quite the person to create this type of expression on Horikita's face, and might I say it, whilst blushing -I suppose Horikita has a side of cuteness to her.

"I- I have much more important things to think about than going on a date with a boy, Ayanokoji is simply a friend that I wish to spend time with." Horikita stood her ground despite the blush that only kept growing on her face which contradicted her speech entirely.

"Whatever you say Horikita-san~!" Kei chimed, feeling happy because of the reaction she managed to pull out of Horikita. It would be God's gift to see that reaction more times, after all, it is a cute side to Horikita that none of us have seen before.

Once she had left the room in a flushed state, a few of the girls surrounded my desk which included, Sato, Kei and Mii-chan.

"May I help you?" I asked as nicely as I could muster, after all, I too wanted to leave the classroom and go to my dorm to where I could occupy myself by browsing the internet.

"No. You need our help." Kei said, leading the conversation. It was a conversation that I wasn't truly expecting to happen. They began to send me the location of various food places depending on the mood that 'we' - referring to Horikita and I - were in. They said that Horikita and I need to relax and have fun once in a while so they recommended we go to the arcade that's been getting a lot of positive reviews lately.

This truly is a waste of time, "This is the perfect date plan!" The three of them said as they were walking with me back to the dorms. Seeing as the conversation in the classroom was never-ending, I offered to continue it on a walk back.

A question within me lingers, what's so important about a date that I have to have a plan for it? I often presumed that a date was just a meeting between friends, is this not what it is? But of course, I don't actually retain the feelings of friendship for her, nor do I retain them for anyone else, however, I still just can't understand what the importance of it is.

| | BOUND | |

Once I had entered my dorm, I immediately laid down and opened the Google app.

'What is a date?'

Answer: A date is referring the day, month and year that humanity currently resides in.

Well, that wasn't particularly helpful seeing as I knew that already.

'What is a date between two people?'

Answer: A date is an appointment to meet someone or go out with them, especially someone with whom you are having, or may soon have a romantic relationship.

That was far more helpful than the latter answer, however, it's come to my attention that Horikita Suzune may have lingering romantic feelings for me as she asked me out on this so-called 'date'. Of course, I didn't like her romantically, nor did I like her as a friend. I only liked her as a tool.

But tools are very useful. Especially tools like her. Briefly thinking about it, I decided that I was, once again, going to use her. If she actually had romantic feelings for me, I could finally learn the truth about human emotions. Someone as emotionally detached as I could potentially awaken a feeling of 'love' within me if taught correctly. And Horikita and I have been somewhat close since the beginning of the school year, so she is the perfect candidate.

One thing for certain is that I'll somehow have to convince her to lock away that darn weapon of hers if I ever commence a relationship with her. I might even be seeing that compass in my dreams if I don't lock it away permanently.

And just as I was about to close my eyes in order to sleep, a faint buzzing came from my phone.

CALLER ID: HORIKITA SUZUNE

At this hour? I breathed slightly heavier than usual and then brought my phone to my ear, "Hello, Horikita."

"Hi, Ayanokoji."

"Do you need something?"

"Not particularly, I... I just felt like calling you, is there a problem with that?" Her voice behind the phone sounded nervous when she began speaking but quickly turned into that usual tone of hers.

"No problem here."

"I wanted some company is all." She told me. And out of many people, she now had the number of since the Island exam, she chose to call me.

"Would you like to video call? If I'm speaking to you, I'd much rather look at your face whilst doing so." I asked the moment I had asked, there was ruffling in the background of the call.

"Give me a moment." I calmly waited until she requested to video call - to which I accepted.

She stared at me in silence whilst also slowly turning red, "Is something the matter, Horikita?"

"No... however, are you wearing a shirt by any chance, Ayanokoji?" She asked me.

"No. I find it rather uncomfortable to sleep without a shirt on, and since I was on the path of falling asleep before you called, I had taken my shirt off. I can put one on if it makes you uncomfortable." I said, sitting up in bed, accidentally giving her a wider view of my abdomen which caused her face to flush a deep shade of red. This further contributed to the idea of her feelings for me.

"No, no. It's fine!" She said, a bit too fast.

"I'm parched, I'm going to make myself some tea, and I suppose I'll bring you with me," I said, bringing my charged phone and then propping it up on the kitchen counter with my full body on display. I was wearing my black grey and white plaid pyjama bottoms and no shirt, leaving my toned abs in perfect view of the camera as I slowly made my tea. I observed her face closely, and I calculated that she liked looking at my body seeing as her eyes completely stopped looking at my face and only towards it. It was rather cute.

"What time do I need to be ready by tomorrow?" I asked her, it was a Saturday so there wasn't any school. People would usually either spend their time inside studying for the upcoming test or enjoy their high school lives.

She was snapped out of her trance of looking at my body when I spoke and she quickly adjusted herself, "I was thinking around 11 am if that's all right with you?"

I nodded, finishing making my mug of tea, "That's fine with me." I brought my tea back to my bed and placed it on the bedside table.

We sat and conversed for around an hour and whilst I was in the middle of speaking, I heard some soft snores coming from the phone and I concluded that she was asleep seeing as her eyes were closed, and for some bizarre reason, I did not leave the call but stayed, appreciating the small sounds coming from my phone and also fell fast asleep, with just a little bit, just a slither of excitement for the next day.

| | BOUND | |

WORD COUNT: 2137

Quite frankly, I've come to enjoy the Ayanokita ship, so I decided, why not make a fan fic about them?

Due to the lack of Honami fics (cause I read them all), I resorted to Horikita fics and believe it or not, I FUCKING LOVE THEM. Honami is still my number one tho, on god.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 215 6
One-Shot Book (Mainly dabbles in crossovers) Been around the COTE community for a year or two, reading and lurking within the shadows, and now, I hav...
145K 6.2K 90
Y/N has a dark past filled with violence, scheming, and manipulation. In the pursuit of a changed lifestyle, Y/N enrolls in Tokyo Metropolitan Advan...
86.8K 2.7K 66
In this reality, Ayanokouji decided he wants to be an Ikemen, let's see how this goes! There will be plot deviations. This is my restarted version...
243K 11.3K 91
Reminder: THE CHAPTER 1-5 IS KINDA NOT IN THE RIGHT PLACE, I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT PLEASE I REQUESTED YOU TO READ IT LIKE THIS 001, 002, 003, NOT 001...