Magician of Cote

By Soumyadeep02

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka , Demon of 4th generation arrives at ANHS in search of freedom from his past. He will go t... More

About the story
Prologue
Vol 1-Ch-1 The ANHS
Vol 1-Ch 2-The Fortune
Vol 1-Ch-3 The Introduction
Vol-1 Ch-4 The Stalker
Vol-1 Ch-4.5 The Dorms
Vol-1 Ch-4.75 The Keyaki Mall
Vol-1-Ch-5 The childhood friend
Vol-1 Ch-6 The Boys
Vol-1 Ch-7 The Angel from Heaven
Vol-1 Ch-8 The Pledge
Vol-1 Ch-9 The One Stop
Vol-1 Ch-10 The Turn
Vol-1 Ch-11 The Mask
Vol-1 Ch-12 The Best Friend
Vol-1 Ch-13 The Horikitas
Vol-1 Ch-14 The Angels and Demons
Vol-1 Ch-15 The Clown
Vol-1 Ch-16 The Prestige
SS- The Frenemy
SS-The Anomaly
Volume 2 - Prologue
Vol-2 Ch-1 The Date
OAA
Vol-2 Ch-2 The Trap
Vol-2 Ch-3 The Case
Vol-2 Ch-4 The Creep
Vol-2 Ch-5 The Shy One
Vol-2 Ch-6 The Convincer
Vol-2 Ch-7 The Sleight
Vol-2 Ch-8 The Gaff
Vol-2 Ch-9 The Final Stand Part-1
Vol-2 Ch-10 The Final Stand Part-2
Vol-2 Ch-11 The Aftermath
SS-The Genius
SS-The Amusement Park
Volume 3- Prologue
Vol-3 Ch-1 The Cruise
Vol-3 Ch-2 The Surprise
Vol-3 Ch-3 The Rules
Vol-3 Ch-4 The Fellowship
Vol-3 Ch-5 The First Day

SS-The Birthday

710 38 24
By Soumyadeep02

"How much more we have to wait?" asked Horikita.

"Don't act like a child, Suzune."

"After the amount of mental trauma, you have given me today. You don't have the rights to say anything."

"What do you mean? Yeah, the rides were a little intense but they were fun right?"

I looked at my group and apparently no-one agreed with me.

"Nazuna? Sakura? You both joined her side."

Both of them had an apologetic look on their faces. Oh! The betrayal.

While I was busy enjoying myself, Horikita had manipulated them to join her side.

"Anyways, there's still 10 minutes to 6. So, have some patience."

It had been more than twenty minutes, we were standing at the meeting location. Till now, nobody had arrived.

Finally, after 5 minutes. The groups started arriving one by one. It was almost 6:15 when the last group arrived.

It was Okitani's group. The poor guy had to face the combined wrath of the whole Class C.

"Now, that everyone has arrived and you all are done berating Okitani. Can we move on to the second surprise?" I said.

"Second surprise?"

"We have a second surprise!"

"Heck yeah, The fun is still not over."

"Oh, how did I get so lucky to end up in this class."

"Calm down guys, our next stop would be a newly opened Michelin star restaurant present in the campus. We would be going there by the bus. Come on, we don't want to be late."

"Michelin star restaurant! I am going to be stuffed with food tonight."

All of us boarded the same bus which had dropped us off here, in the morning.

The restaurant was a new venture opened at the south-western part of the campus. Closer to the dormitories which is in the western part of this artificial island.

The amusement park was in the extreme east so we had to cover a lot of distance.

Finally, we reached our destination and we got off the bus.

It was a lavish looking restaurant. My classmates couldn't believe that they were going to be treated at this place.

On entering, everyone were confused to why the restaurant was devoid of any customers. For such a fine dining, they were expecting it to be crowded.

"Guys, if you are wondering why there is no one here. That's because I booked the whole place."

"But isn't that a little expensive?" asked Hirata.

"Nah, we deserve it." Ike said.

"I brought you guys here, to experience how it would feel to be the top class in this school. Right now, we can afford it maybe once a month. But if we become Class A. This will be a regular affair."

"Don't worry Ayanokouji-kun, we will do our best to get to the top." said Mori.

"Good, I expect all of you to behave properly and mind your manners, especially the idiot company. We don't want to be known as the savages."

"Hey, man. Don't do us dirty." Sodou cried.

Everybody ignored him and sat down on the long table arranged especially for 40 people. I sat at the head of the table alongside Nazuna and Kikyou.

The scene looked like one of those royal feasts of old times.

The restaurant served 8 course dinner. The meal started with an amuse-bouche, savory salmon and creme fraiche. It was followed by raw fish served crudo-style.

After the opening bites, a small bowl of soup in three types. Smooth pureed veloute, bisque or light broth. Alongside salad with a variety of dressings.

For the main course, Udon, Unagi and Sushi were served. It was followed by the cheese course. It consisted of cheese with dried fruit and nuts.

Everyone were enjoying there food. Laughter and smiles everywhere. Three months ago, no-one would have imagined that these defects would be living like royals instead of scraping for some points. The improvement and growth they had were tremendous.

Before the desert could arrive, I got up and gently tapped my spoon against my glass, I had seen in the movies that this is done to grab the attention of the people.

But it couldn't be heard over the noise, so I naturally did what any common person would do and threw the glass on the floor.

The shattering of glass got their attention.

"Sorry, it fell from my hand. I would pay for it." I said to the waiter who was glaring at me. For a moment, I thought of buying the whole restaurant just to fire him but then I thought it would have been too petty.

"I am glad that you all are having fun, also I observed that many of you have made new friends. Like Sodou and Onodera or Hasabe over there pestering Miyake. So, it looks like today was a success."

Hasabe pouted at me. While everybody clapped.

"I hope you all are motivated enough to face any challenges the school throws at us soon, together. Keep this memory in your mind when the going gets tough."

"Ayanokouji-kun, why are you talking like there's going to be somewhere kind of test in the near future." asked Kikyou.

"Remember about the summer vacation on the island in the sea that Chabashira-sensei talked about?"

"Yes, if I am not wrong we would be leaving on the morning of 22nd July for it. A week on the cruise ship to the island." replied Chiaki.

"Do you really think our school would give us nice things without any catch. They promised 100% employment rate and it turned out that only Class A gets that. They literally baited us for the whole month of April with sweet lies. Then overwhelmed us with the truth in May."

"That is true, this school is the biggest clickbait in the world. Trust me, I have seen some of the biggest clickbait in YouTube and nothing compares to this." said the Professor.

"Exactly, even though I don't understand what you said. This vacation is clearly a test for us. So, I need you guys to be ready and able."

"Don't worry, Ayanokouji-kun. We will follow your command to victory." shouted Kei.

Everybody started shouting and hollering until the waiter silenced us. He warned us to maintain decorum.

Looks like we won't be allowed here again.

"Anyways, there is another reason as to why we have gathered here today. During the last week, all of us were busy in preparation for our finals. So, we didn't get the time to celebrate the birthdays of Akito and Keisei. So, we wish you a belated happy birthday."

Keisei and Akito looked embarrassed as everybody wished them. I told the waiter to bring in the cake.

It was a triple tier cake with three different flavors in different tiers.

The ceremony proceeded with the cake cuttings. Then the deserts arrived. A scoop of sorbet with a selection of fresh fruits and petit fours alongside tea and coffee with cookies were served.

But my favorite ice-cream chan arrived at last. From there on, I only remember ice-cream chan and ignored everything else.

After everything was done, we finally exited the restaurant at 9 pm. We had to walk back to our dorms as there was no bus. Thankfully, the dorms wasn't far away.

Everybody walked in groups. The pleasant night breeze made it enjoyable to walk after a heavy dinner.

Maxima and I were walking together. Sensing the opportunity, I held her hands. We decided to take a detour and spend some time at my favorite spot behind the third year dorms building.

We both sat down on the bench. Nazuna had her head on my shoulder. With the full moon lighting the night, gave Nazuna an angelic glow.

"Hey, did you enjoy today?" I asked softly.

She just nodded.

"Too tired to talk?"

"No, I just don't wanna talk to you." she said with a mischievous grin.

"Hey! You should really appreciate that I am giving you my shoulder to rest. Moreover, who ignores a guy who just spent 500k points on a date."

"What! 500,000 points?"

"Yep, that restaurant costs a lot."

"But 500,000 points spent in a day!"

"It's not like this is an everyday occurrence. Calm down, you are more worried than my classmates."

"Yeah, because they don't even know it."

"Hey, I am a generous leader. Under my leadership you live the best life possible. But you are not going to acknowledge the fact that I did it all for you."

"You did not, you do remember what you said before right?"

"Maybe, I had just planned all of this just to treat you to an amazing day at the amusement park and a 8 course meal at an Michelin star restaurant without spending any of my points."

"To do that you would have to be the smartest person in this school."

"You are saying, I am not?"

"Okay genius, you can't fool me. But I am thankful for today."

"It was a shame that Fūka-senpai couldn't join us."

"Yep."

We both were silent for a while.

"Hey, can I confess something to you." I broke the silence.

"H-huh, c-confess?" she said nervously.

"Yes, I wanted to tell you this for a long time. I don't want to keep you in the dark."

"What do you mean?"

"It's about Nagumo."

"Nagumo! I thought that-, never mind."

"Yes, I take it you already know how he is the unofficial ruler of second year."

"Of course, he is in my class."

"Yeah, what if I said that he is the reason for your circumstances."

"What kind of circumstances?" Her voice was shaky.

"You didn't had any friends, whoever came in contact with you would just run away. Why?"

"I-It's because of my mannerisms r-right? How I behave, people don't l-like me because of who I am, right?" she said as tears escaped from her eyes. This was a sensitive topic for her.

I softly caressed her cheeks and wiped her tears.

"That's not true."

"What do you mean?"

"I am going to tell you a story. Hear it with an open mind. You can call me a liar but I have proof."

"What story Kiyotaka, what are you talking about?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback - (10th July)

I was in my cabin in the student council office, finishing my tasks as the treasurer. When I heard a knock on my cabin's door.

"Come in."

The door opened and Nagumo entered. But he was not alone, he had brought five giants like students from his class.

Although they weren't as big as Albert. But all of them together would have overwhelmed him easily.

From the OAA app, I knew they were NPC's as Professor likes to call them. But for a person who didn't know it would be intimidated by their build.

Nagumo sat down on the seat in front of me and rested his legs on the table.

"I would appreciate if you keep your legs off my table. It's good manners." I said nonchalantly, spinning the pen that I was holding in my fingers.

Subtly, I clicked the button type mechanism. It was a click pen, so it looked like I was retracting the nip but actually it was to start the recorder.

During the whole Class C fiasco, I had built many bugs and recorders. I had fixed one of them in the pen that I carry all the time.

You can never be too careful at this school.

"Ayanokouji is your name, isn't it?"

Unfortunately for him, he didn't remove his filthy legs from my table. If I wasn't pissed off before, I was now.

"I didn't know you had a case of amnesia, vice-president Nagumo."

"Don't try to act smart, these guys here is not just for show." He said with a smug expression.

"Okay, so why are you here?"

"I ask the question here, you understand?"

I started laughing. This whole scene was just too funny.

"You think this is funny, let's see if you laugh after they beat you to pulp."

"Haha, it is funny that even though you are a senior you have to use them to try and intimidate me. Ooh, I am shaking."

"You punk, I would have beaten you myself. But I don't even consider you as someone, I would fight."

"That's good or the student council would have to search for a new vice-president."

"Enough! Getting in the student council doesn't mean you are any special. Tell me, what is your relationship with Asahina?"

"What do you mean, she is my good friend."

"Oh yeah, I suppose you fantasize about becoming her boyfriend, right? I know guys like you."

"I mean honestly, yes. I do fantasize of becoming someone special to her, someone she could rely on. But why is that a problem?"

"See, I knew it. Just because you are a little smart, you think you have a chance with a senior? Ridiculous."

"I don't think that I have any chance with her. She deserves someone even better than me but you can't help falling for her. I mean she is just the best. Anybody would be lucky to have her."

"Okay, I get it. You like her. But because I am a generous guy, I am forgiving your past transgressions. So, be the smart one and distance yourself from her. Or it would end badly for you."

"Oh, well I don't care. She is my friend and will continue to be so. Period. Now you can pack your circus and perform somewhere else. Don't annoy me." I said and got up, ready to pack up and leave for the day.

As I reached towards the door. One of the guy, who I would be calling NPC#1 caught my outstretched hand.

"So, you have chosen death." I said to him.

I gave him a backhanded slap with my other hand. The speed of the slap worked as a stun. His hold on my hand loosen.

I tripped him over and walked over his fallen body to reach the door.

"Nagumo, if you really want to have any hope of intimidate me. Try bringing the whole of second year." I said in a heavy voice.

I exited the room, leaving behind several shocked second years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As the voice recording ended, I looked at Nazuna.

"B-But, I thought that it was me."

"No, it wasn't you. It was Nagumo, scaring off everyone who dared to talk to you."

"Why would he do that?"

"My Best guess, he likes you."

"What!"

"Yes, his plan was to isolate you. Make you vulnerable, convince you that the fault lies with you. When you are at your lowest, he would come and save you from the pitiful loneliness. It's manipulation 101."

"I can't believe it. I really thought that he was a nice guy. Even though he was the ruler of second year, he would still talk to me sometimes. I was a fool to think that anybody in this damn world would care about me."

Her shoulders slumped, eyes red by crying. Even in this state she looked adorable.

I held her chin up and looked into her purple eyes. They were brimming with emotions.

"You know, you are a fool to think that nobody in this world cares about you. I don't if you heard the recording properly or not but I was ready to take on 5 physically built seniors than abandoning you."

"I know this maybe too over ambitious but I want to be the one who would care about you. I want to be the one who will always be by your side. Your partner in crime."

"K-Kiyotaka, I-I"

"Shh, let me finish. The last few weeks every moment spent with you was worth it for me, every date we had. Even if others might find you weird. But I adore every small things you do."

"Nazuna, I know you deserve the best this world has to offer but would you like to go out with me?"

Nazuna was speechless, she went into a trance. I gently hugged her and patted her head.

"Hey, you don't have to answer now. Next week, I would be leaving for the summer vacation. You can answer anytime before that or even after I come back. Although, I would prefer before as it would really ease my mind. I could focus on the challenges we would face but it's okay, there's no hurry. Now, I am just rambli-"

"Yes." Nazuma cut me off with a single word.

"You mean-"

"Yes, I would love to go out with you, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. You have treated me better than anyone ever did. The fact that I like you also helps."

"Okay... I don't know what to do now." I said awkwardly.

"Huh?"

"I mean, I never expected to succeed. This is my first time asking someone out so... What should I do?"

Nazuna started giggling.

"Hey, don't make fun of me. I had to take advice from internet-sensei to ask you out."

"Don't worry, it's first time for me too. We will explore this together." she said with determination.

With the awkwardness gone, we started talking about random things. It was nearly 11pm when we finally went back to our rooms.

As I lay down on my bed, I thought about today. Finally, after two months my plan had come to fruition.

During the month of May, I had already started planning to take down Nagumo. After a thorough investigation about him, I found out his strengths and weaknesses.

One of which gained my interest. When I found out about Asahina Nazuna, how Nagumo liked her and what he was doing to her. I started forming my plan.

The chance meeting at the lunch break wasn't a coincidence. I specifically wanted to ask her on a date, the previous year paper just gave me the reason to do just that.

Then I had cut any contact with her for a month. Making her feel like I had abandoned her like others. Then after a month, calling her myself to invite her to the date.

From there on every date, every complements, every action carefully orchestrated to develop her feelings for me.

Kiryuin intentionally speaking about Nazuna being my girlfriend in the meeting, when Nagumo was present was planned too. I knew that once he got jealous, he would try to confront me. Which would give me the perfect weapon to use for turning Nazuna against him.

From the start, I wanted her to join my side. Turning Nagumo's weakness against him would be instrumental in my future plans.

Sun Tzu said- "To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

Nagumo did just that. He made my work easier by breaking down Nazuna. I just had to do was build her back up.

Now, that this work is done. I can fully focus on the tests we will face in this summer vacation.

______________________________________

I think this should have been a proper chapter rather than a SS but none the less. It is what it is.

Akito's and Yukimura's birthdays are on 11th and 13th July so I thought why not give them some treat. I have never seen anyone mentioning their birthday.

Yes, Kiyotaka doesn't actually like Nazuna. I think, it would have too unrealistic for him to change this quickly.

But how did you liked the manipulation. I was actually planning this since, the mid terms. Finally, Kiyotaka has his first girlfriend.

But it doesn't mean that Koji will always remain like this. He would start changing gradually.

Next will be the volume 3 prologue.

Anyways that's all for now

Have a wonderful day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 182 8
A seemingly normal school boy, Kazuki Hikaru, enrolled into Japan's best and most prestigious school, Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. A...
962 41 3
A new arrival has come to the Advanced Nurturing High School. He bears a mysterious past, and unclear motives. Unbeknownst to his peers, whom he will...
29K 749 27
After parting his true feelings to Sasuke, Itachi thought that he can finally go to hell despite his good intentions for everything he's done in life...
12.5K 683 25
Ryuuen Kakeru is a delinquent who has lived his life on the streets ever since he was very young. With no propsects and his future looking grim, his...