๐ฌ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง, malachi barton

By ari3splan3t

More

๐’ ๐€ ๐“ ๐” ๐‘ ๐
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—ผ๐ง๐ž

97 10 0
By ari3splan3t

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃, through the vehicle as they traveled down the highway with the music blasting and the sunroof down. Sariyah smiled as she realized she was thirty minutes away from the beach house. For the most part, she was excited about being back.

On the other hand, she was a nervous wreck for some odd reason. She couldn't particularly think of why she was truly nervous. But if she was being honest with herself, she was extremely nervous about seeing her old child hood best friend again.That was even if he still visited cousins beach every summer after all of those years.

Sariyah put the thought at the back of her mind though. Trying to ignore it the best way that she could. She wondered if any of her old friends would be here and if they'd even remember her after all of those years. Before she left cousins beach five years ago, she and 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢 made matching bracelets and even after all those years she never took it off.

Except when she took a shower of course, or when she was playing sports. She often wondered if he did the same or if he just threw the bracelet away since it was a silly 𝗺𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 childhood memory. But to her it was more than that. It signified who she was all those years ago.

"Are you excited?" Alexandra asked her daughter as she was snapped out of her thoughts.

"I am, but I'm a little nervous." Sariyah admitted. Her mother nodded, "Don't be, I was gonna wait until we got there to tell you but-" she began to speak before Sariyah cut her off.

"Tell me what mom?" Sariyah questioned, she immediately thought it was something bad.

"It's nothing bad but Maya and Lauren are gonna be meeting us there!" Alexandra said, making Sunny's face light up. She hadn't seen her auntie and her cousin in what felt like ages. Back then, they'd also a company the family on the trips to cousins beach during the summer. But they drifted apart all those years ago.

Sariyah's mood was instantly changed. She knew for a fact this summer vacation would 𝐛𝐞 𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝗼 𝐫𝐞𝗺𝐞𝗺𝐛𝐞𝐫. "Let's stop at this store first, we're almost at the beach house." Alexandra said as they pulled up to a gas station.

Sariyah hopped out the car. She remembered this store. Her dad would bring her and Malachi there during the summer to get the milkshake they sold. "I remember this place." She said as she faintly smiled at the memory.

"Oh really? I do too. We had some good memories here, im glad we're back." Alexandra said as she opened the door and her and Sariyah walked in the store.

They were greeted by the store clerk as a group of teenagers walked into the store right behind them. Sariyah walked down the aisle trying to see if they still had the refrigerator where the diy milkshakes were made and they did.

Her face lit up as she pulled the vanilla milkshake from the fridge and put it on the mixer. "Excuse me." a boy with black and red hair said as he reached to get a milkshake too.

Sariyah moved out the way to prevent herself from bumping into him, "You like these too huh?" He said trying to make conversation.

"Yeah I do. The vanilla one is the best flavor." She responded as the mixer stopped and she grabbed the milkshake.

"It is, what's your name?" He said as she finally looked up at her, analyzing her face like he remembers her and she did the same thing.

"Sunny?" He questioned before she even got to speak. "Malachi?" She said after him. The two teenagers smiled at each other as they analyzed how much they'd grown up.

"It's been years." Malachi said as he reached out to hug her and she reciprocated that hug.

"It has been." She said as they finally pulled apart.

"How have you been?" Sunny asked.

"I've been good, my family and I moved to Massachusetts permanently about a year ago." Malachi said.

"That's good to hear! my mom and I are back for the summer. We stay in Texas now." Sunny responded.

"That's cool, why'd you stopped coming to cousins?" He asked and sunny paused. He sensed she was uneasy about the question so he regretted asking it.

"It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it." He stated and she nodded.

"No it's okay, my parents they got divorced and my mom just didn't wanna come back you know? but things are different now." She spoke.

"I'm sorry to hear that but im glad you're back. everyone missed you." He stated and she smiled.

"I missed everyone too." She said.

"If you aren't busy tonight there's this party at the beach you should come." He said.

"I'll have to ask my mom but if she says yeah I'll come, is it okay if my cousin comes too?" Sunny asked.

"Who? Maya? yeah she can come, she's the one throwing it." Malachi said laughing a little.

"So things have changed out here." Sunny said laughing a little. "Yeah they have." He responded.

"Sunny? are you ready?" Alexandra said approaching her daughter who was taking entirely too long on the milkshakes.

"Yeah mom. I'm ready, look at who I ran into." Sunny said.

"Malachi? Nice to see you again sweetheart. How are your parents?" Alexandra said to him.

"Nice to see you again too Ms. Smith and they are doing well. I'll be sure to tell them I seen you too." He said.

"Alright, see you later then!" Alexandra said.

"See you later Malachi." Sunny said as she grabbed her milkshake and paid for it at the counter.

"See you later." Malachi responded as he smiled at sunny, as he walked out of the store.

In the car ride to the beach house Sunny couldn't help but think about her interaction with Malachi. After years of wondering what it would be like to see him again, she was just glad he remembered her.

"We're here." Alexandra said to her daughter as they arrived at the beach house. On the front porch Maya and her mom Brandy smiled, excited for the arrival of the two of them.

"It feels so good to be back here." Sariyah said as she smiled getting out of the car as her cousin ran towards her.

The two teens embraced one another with so much excitement. "I've missed you!" Maya said.

"I missed you more, now come help me with these bags please." Sariyah asked.

"Auntie Brandy." Sariyah said as she walked toward her aunt and hugged her.

"You've gotten so tall oh my." Brandy said as she examined Sariyah. Sariyah just smiled, she missed her family.

Soon they were done unloading the truck, "What did you pack in here?" Maya complained as she held one of her cousins bags.

Sariyah laughed, "Not much, just my clothes in that bag."

Soon everyone was in the house and they were getting settled in. "And this is the last bag" Maya spoke as she sat the huge duffel bag on the floor.

"Thanks Maya." Sariyah said.

"I heard you were throwing a beach party." Sariyah continued making Maya shush her and immediately close the door.

"What?" Sariyah asked noticing how frantic her cousin got.

"My mom doesn't know, she just thinks me, Malachi and a few of our friends are going to the beach which is true...sorta." Maya explained.

"How'd you find out?" Maya asked.

"Malachi told me actually, I ran into him at the corner store." Sariyah asked.

Maya smiled, "I know he was so happy to see you. When I told him you were finally coming back he wouldn't stop talking about you."

"Really?" Sariyah asked.

"Yes really. Every five seconds it was him being anxious to see you again." Maya said making Sariyah blush.

"Now let's find you something pretty to wear to the beach." Maya said.

"Alright. I'm excited." Sariyah said smiling.

This was going to be one hell of a summer break.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

heyy everybody! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Remember don't be a silent reader and stay tuned for more🤍!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.1K 44
there she goes again, the girl im inlove with... its cool we're just friends IN WHICH, NICO CANT HELP FALLING INLOVE WITH HER NEW FRIEND...
151K 11.6K 13
Her ลŸey bana gelen mektupla baลŸlamฤฑลŸtฤฑ. Ufacฤฑk bir not kaฤŸฤฑdฤฑnda yazan ลŸeyler bรผyรผk olaylara ve hayatฤฑmฤฑn deฤŸiลŸmesine yol aรงmฤฑลŸtฤฑ. Ben kendimden emin...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

314K 8K 114
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
The Catch By Kate

Fanfiction

4.8K 347 25
West and Stephanie are from very similar worlds. Both parents own a large chain of restaurants and both parents despise each other. West's parents ha...