From Trainer to Beast Tamer P...

By SnowflakeDragon18

As if the Pokémon world wasn't strange enough, Hoenn Champion (Y/N) finds herself transported to the magical... More

Keys and Pokemon List
Chapter 1: Welcome to Twisted Wonderland
Chapter 2: the Haunted Dorm
Chapter 3: Don't Anger Dark Types
Chapter 4: Idiot Wrangling
Chapter 5: Idiot Training
Chapter 6: First Day
Chapter 7: Senior Encounters
Chapter 8: Tart Making
Chapter 9: An Unmerry Unbirthday Party
Chapter 10: You Choose
Shenanigans 1
Shenanigans 2
Shenanigans 3
Special Event: Scary Monsters, A Screaming Halloween Show
Chapter 11: Magift
Chapter 12: The Investigation Begins
Chapter 13: Confronting a Hyena and a Wolf
Chapter 14: Life's Not Fair
Shenanigans 4
Shenanigans 5
Shenanigans 6
Special Event: Ghost Groom
Chapter 15: Deal with the Devil
Chapter 16: It's A Deal
Chapter 17: Kicked Out
Chapter 18: A Wrench in the Plan
Chapter 19: Plan B
Chapter 20: Mission Accomplished?
Chapter 21: Let Go
Shenanigans 7
Shenanigans 8
Shenanigans 9
Special Event: Camp Vargas
Chapter 22: Winter Break
Chapter 23: Kalim and Unexplainable Moodswings
Chapter 24: Suspicion
Chapter 25: Fighting Cunning with Cunning
Chapter 26: Repressed Anger
Shenanigans 10
Shenanigans 11
Shenanigans 12
Special Event: Fairy Gala
Chapter 27: VDC
Chapter 28: Auditions
Chapter 29: Boot Camp
Chapter 30: The Line is Crossed
Chapter 31: Cultural Festival
Chapter 32: A Bit of a Setback
Chapter 33: A Step too Far
Chapter 34: An Unexpected End
Shenanigans 13
Shenanigans 14
Shenanigans 15
Special Event: Fireworks Festival
Chapter 35: Invasion
Chapter 36: Time to be Reckless
Chapter 37: Tailing the Kidnappers
Chapter 38: Never Trigger the Secret Boss Early
Chapter 39: All Fun and Games...
Chapter 40:...Till People Get Hurt
Chapter 41: Sleep Kiss
Chapter 42: Descent
Chapter 43: Titans
Chapter 44: Into the Fire
Chapter 45: Earth Titan Part 2
Chapter 46: Ice Titan Part 2
Chapter 47: Magma Titan Part 2
Chapter 48: Battle for the Underworld
Chapter 49: A New Beginning
Shenanigans 16
Shenanigans 17
Shenanigans 18
Special Event: Glorious Masquerade
Chapter 50: A Storm Brewing
Christmas Special
Chapter 51: Blackout
Lost In Briar Valley AU Pt 1
Lost in Briar Valley AU Pt 2
Lost in Briar Valley AU Pt 3
Lost in Briar Valley Pt 5

Lost in Briar Valley Pt 4

3.3K 116 54
By SnowflakeDragon18

Visit 2 people. Probably gonna be shorter than visit one...maybe.
Lost In Briar Valley AU Pt 4

"Get back here, you little troublemaker!" A young teen jokingly warned as she chased after the laughing Noibat, her cap firmly between his teeth.
The now thirteen year old (Y/N) Stone ran through Reflection Cave, tailing the flying Pokémon, her nimbleness serving her well as she ducked and weaved around the stalagmites and rock formations.
"(Y/N), slow down!" The voice of Diantha, champion of the Kalos region, echoed from behind her. "I don't want you to wander off with all of those strange reports."
"I'll be fine!" (Y/N) yelled back, not taking her eyes off the Sound Wave Pokémon. "But I'm not letting this little guy get away with my favorite hat!"
Diantha sighed, shaking her head. "Where on earth does she get all that energy?"
"Oh, leave her be." Professor Sycamore said with a laugh as he followed behind her. "Her partner isn't going to let anything happen to her. Besides, you remember what being a trainer was like at that age: the world begging to be explored, feeling ready to take on any challenge that comes, getting into all kinds of trouble. At least that's how I remember it, and I wasn't even a strict battler."
The champion smiled. "I suppose you're right, Professor. And a good trainer can't be lacking for passion. The Hoenn region will be in good hands, though I can't take much credit for it."
"You're doing a fine job. I wouldn't have guessed (Y/N) was your first student, but I guess it helps when your student makes it easy for you."
"She's a good kid." Diantha then made her expression serious. "Back to the mission at hand. You're certain the strange readings are coming from in here?"
The Professor nodded. "Yes, though it took me a bit of time to pinpoint due to Reflection Cave's natural oddities. At first, I thought it was an anomaly related to Mega Evolution, but then we started receiving reports of Pokémon disappearing then reappearing, and people having visions of other worlds."
"Ultra Wormholes?" Diantha offered, only for Sycamore to shake his head.
"I've spoken to Professor Kukui on the matter. According to him, it's similar to Ultra Wormholes, but too distinct to be the same phenomenon. It does make me feel concerned. That's not all though. A rumor has circulated that Xerneas was spotted near here."
Diantha's eyes widened. "Xerneas? Why would the legendary guardian life be drawn here?"
"I don't know, but something tells me something is very wrong if Xerneas felt the need to interfere."
"Then we should hurry. (Y/N)!"
Deeper in the cave, Noibat seemed to have finally shaken the trainer. Before he could do a victory spin though, the girl leapt from one of the protruding crystal formations and snatched the little Pokémon from the air. The two were laughing as they landed.
"I win." (Y/N) declared in a sing-song voice, taking her cap back. "And I'll take this back, thank you very much."
She placed her cap firmly back on her head and then released Noibat. The little bat circled around her, wanting to continue their game.
"Hey, I know you want to keep playing, but I've got to go back and help Diantha and Professor Sycamore figure out what's going on here. If whatever's happening isn't stopped, people and Pokémon could start getting hurt. I don't suppose you know where to start searching?"
"Noi!"
The little bat flew off deeper into the cave, stopping only to make sure the human was following. Deciding to trust the little Pokémon, (Y/N) ran after him, passing the many reflective walls that gave the cave its name.
"Noi!" Noibat yelped, landing and pointing his wing at a particular spot along the wall.
Unlike the rest of the cave, this wall wasn't reflective, but glowing, so much so (Y/N) couldn't see anything. As she crept closer, Noibat hopped onto her shoulder and wrapped his wings around her neck. Against her better judgment, (Y/N) reached out to touch the wall. The second her fingers brushed the surface, there was a blinding light, forcing her to close her eyes. The air around her turned chilled and a moment later, she opened her eyes to see she was surrounded by a wintery forest. Her first thought was a mischievous psychic type had decided to teleport them outside of Reflection Cave given it was winter time in the Kalos region, but something in (Y/N)'s gut told her this was something else. The layout and flora of the area was all wrong and the temperature was much more frigid than it should be, making the girl grateful she had bundled up so much for the expedition. Noibat yipped as an icy wind swept through and he immediately dove into the girl's jacket, shivering.
(Y/N) chuckled, patting the Pokémon when he peeked his head back out. "Yeah, I don't like the cold either. Tell you what: you can stay in there and we can keep each other warm. That sound fair?"
"Noi-bat!" The Sound Wave Pokémon agreed, nuzzling under her chin.
"Glad you're on board. Now, first thing's first: where the heck are we?"
Given the cold weather and the terrain, (Y/N) almost believed she was back in the Sinnoh region, but something told her that wasn't the case. The forest didn't feel right for the region, and something about this unfamiliarity actually felt...familiar.
She sighed. "Guess we're walking. What a day to leave Starraptor and Flygon behind..."
For a long time, the two hiked up the road. When the sun began to dip a little too low for her liking, (Y/N) let out Houndour, picking him up so she could conserve more heat.
"Sorry about this Houndour."
The dark type licked her cheek, showing there were no hard feelings. In contrast, (Y/N) could feel poor Noibat shivering under her jacket and adjusted it more to try to mitigate the cold.
"We've got to get out of- hm?"
Something caught the girl's eye up the road: a short body crumpled up, likely unconscious due to how little they seemed prepared for the cold. The girl immediately ran for them, rubbing their arms as she urged her fire type to lie on top of them to try to warm them up.
"Hey! Are you okay!? Listen, you've got to wake up! Come on, wake up!"
(Y/N) shook the individual hard, and felt something stir in them. Quickly she turned them over to their side to keep talking to them, but froze as she met a familiar pair of red eyes. Their face was youthful, almost as much as her own and despite the bitter cold, they were smiling at her with a distant look.
"Funny...freezing to death, and it's your face I see again...(Y/N)..."
The stranger lost consciousness again, and the girl began to panic, shaking them again.
"No, no, no! You've gotta stay awake! If you fall asleep, you'll die! Talk to me, please! How do you know my name!? Why do I know you!?"
The stranger did not respond and with few options, (Y/N) ran around the trees, gathering tinder. Fortunately, Cynthia had taught her several tips about surviving in the snow, so she knew where to gather it. Getting as much as she could carry, she quickly had Houndour dig out a pit and light the kindling. A small fire began to burn, and though it was weak, it should be enough to wake up the stranger. (Y/N) looked at him from across the flames, digging into her memories as she tried to remember who this person was. He knew her, she knew him. His face felt fuzzy in her mind, like something from a dream from long ago.
A dream...
"Keep that joy and that kindness and the drive in your heart, and I believe that same force that brought us together will let us meet again someday."
Her eyes widened as she felt a tear slip down her cheek, the memories rushing back to her.
"Lilia?"
A loud bark cut her off as Noibat hid his face in her jacket and Houndour bore his teeth, hackles raised. A large, fluffy canine came barreling up the road, attached to a sled, immediately running to the girl, wagging its tail. (Y/N) signaled Houndour to back off as she greeted the hound with pets.
"HEY OVER THERE! ARE YOU ALL RIGHT!?"
An older gentleman came into view, and (Y/N) sighed in relief.
"Please help! My friend's unconscious and I can't wake him up! He doesn't have anything for the cold!"
The old man had a kind look to him, his hair a faded shade of lavender and his eyes set for action.
"Oh dear, what are you children doing up on the mountain at this hour?"
"We..." (Y/N) didn't really know how to explain this situation, especially since she had no clue what Lilia was doing here. "We're lost?"
The man quickly gave her a once over before checking up on Lilia.
"I better take you kids back home on the sled. Though, I don't know if Teddy here can handle all three of us."
"Houndour can help!" (Y/N) said as the dark type barked in agreement.
The old man looked a bit hesitant. "You sure? He's a bit small for sled pulling."
(Y/N) nodded. "Trust me, he's a lot stronger than he looks!"
The old man took her word for it and with her assistance, loaded Lilia into the sled and hooked up Houndour. Just as she insisted, Houndour gave Teddy a run for his money, and mercifully quick, the man whistled as they came to a stop in front of a sturdy looking cottage.
"You weren't kidding about that little guy! You ever considered sledding as a career, young lady?"
She laughed as she jumped off the sled. "We don't get enough snow where I'm from for that, sir."
He waved her off. "Just call me Pops. So, what brings you and your friend to our neck of the woods this time of year? It's mighty dangerous up on those mountain."
"Um, well...I don't know how I ended up on those mountains. I was exploring a cave, and the next thing I know I was out there."
"Huh, well I'll be darned if I've ever heard something like that happening. I heard some stories from well beyond here about people appearing from thin air, but I always chalk that up to fairy tales."
"It's not even the first time it's happened to me." (Y/N) muttered under her breath as she and Pops pulled Lilia from the sled and began to drag him to the house.
"What about this fellow? You just happened to come across him when you did?"
She nodded. "Yeah, we were looking for a way off the mountain, and I found him on the trail."
Pops smiled. "Well, I'll say he's a lucky duck a kind stranger came when they did. I don't know if me or Teddy would've spotted him without that fire."
"Thanks, Pops, but we're not actually strangers. Lilia and I have met before."
"Well, ain't that something. Where'd you meet?"
"Funny enough, this has happened to me before, appearing in different locations out of nowhere. The last time it happened, Lilia and I met and we had this crazy adventure." She smiled at the fae, but it slipped into a frown. "But, then I had to say goodbye. It hurt, because he's a really good friend of mine, and then on top of that, I almost forgot about him."
"I reckon maybe that's why you showed up here." Pops suggested, visibly confusing the girl. "See, I've heard tales of people being sent where they're needed. Your friend here needed help and then you showed up. I'd say that counts for something."
She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, yeah you're right!"
"Though I'd recommend getting that magic under control, young lady. You don't want to keep popping up in strange places all by yourself."
"Oh, I'm never alone." (Y/N) assured, smiling down at Houndour who walked beside her. "I've got my friends like Houndour."
"Dour!" The Dark Pokemon barked.
She then looked down at the bundle hiding in her jacket. "And I even have a new friend with me. Wanna come out and say hi to Pops, Noibat?"
Cautiously, Noibat peaked his head out from the jacket, looking up curiously, which caused Pops to laugh.
"Well look at that! I've seen my fair share of fruit bats but never one that big. Real cutie though! Swear, my wife's gonna love you kids."
(Y/N) laughed as they stepped on the porch. "Thanks for bringing us here, Pops. Let me know if I can do any-,"
"Nonsense." The old gentleman cut her off. "We've got grandkids your age. I know I'd want this kindness shown to them if they were in your shoes." He then unlocked the door, leading the group inside. "Senna! We've got company!"
An older woman in an apron stepped out of what seemed like a kitchen if the smell was to be believed. She immediately became shocked at the sight of them.
"Oh dear! All of you inside before you catch your deaths!" Pops closed the door behind them as Senna began to examine the still unconscious Lilia. "Poor thing. Milo, take him upstairs to the beds so we can get him warmed up. Sweetie, you come with me and I'll fix you up some tea."
"Thank you, Mrs. Senna." (Y/N) responded, trusting Houndour to help Pops get Lilia upstairs.
The older woman smiled fondly, ushering her into the kitchen. "What a polite girl, but call me Ma, dearie."
Ma luckily already had a pot of tea boiling on the wood stove, smelling faintly of apples. Actually, everything around here smelled like apples, not that (Y/N) was complaining. She quickly fixed a cup for the girl and for Noibat once the little guy crawled out of his hiding spot to roost by the fire. She then asked the girl to explain everything.
"What an adorable thing." Ma said fondly as she watched Noibat happily sip the tea. "But I have to say, that was quite a story, (Y/N). It was good luck Pops and Teddy found you when they did."
"Yeah." She agreed, looking out the window to peer at the worsening storm. "I don't think we would've lasted that long out there, and I don't think I would've been able to find this place in time."
"Well, the important thing is Pops found you both, though you two outta stay and wait out the winter with us."
"Are you sure?" (Y/N) asked. "I don't want to be a burden."
Ma waved her off. "Don't give it another thought, dearie. I couldn't live with myself sending two kids and their gaggle of adorable critters out into the cold! Besides, us old folk love the company when we can get it."
(Y/N) laughed as Pops entered the kitchen, being met with a warm cup of tea from his wife.
"Your friend's all settled upstairs, but that pup of your insisted on staying put with him."
"Houndour will make sure he's warm." (Y/N) assured. "If Lilia wakes up, he'll tell us."
"Smart thing then, ain't he?" Pops noted before getting a serious look. "I'm sure my wife has already insisted you bunk with us until the winter's over, (Y/N). Winters here are something fierce. I know you said you come from far off, but is there any way to reach your folks? A letter or a magic doohickey?"
(Y/N) set her tea down, shaking her head. "I don't think that's possible, even without the storm. My guardians are just too far away. As for Lilia..." The memory of Lilia's exile came back to her, along with the emotions of pain, sadness, and rage as her fists clenched. "I don't think there's anyone to reach for him."
"Oh my." Ma said before placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Don't you worry dear. Your friend's lucky to have someone like you to look after him. Now, why don't we get some food into all of ya?"

(Timeskip)

Lilia slowly began to stir as he felt himself tucked into a bed. With a moan, he sat up and took in his surroundings: it was a modest bedroom with a type window, a wardrobe, a throw rug, and a modest bed perfect for his size. A bark came from his left and the former general turned his head to see a canine-like creature staring at him. It was black furred with a reddish-orange underbelly, short pointed ears, and almost skeleton-like armor on its head and along its back. Lilia had run into many monsters on his journey, but the demeanor of this creature was hauntingly familiar.
"A...Pokémon?"
"Dour!" It barked before walking out of the room.
Lilia sighed and laid back in the bed. He was convinced now he was dead, how else would he be seeing Pokemon? Heck, before he passed out, he was certain he had seen-
"Lilia?"
His eyes shot open as he sat back up, facing a child standing in the door, the dog Pokemon and a bat one at her side. Despite the years that had passed for her (though clearly not nearly as many as for him), he could never forget that face.
"(Y/N)?"
Her face broke out into a smile as tears filled her eyes. "Lilia!"
(Y/N) ran over, tackling the male in a hug. Lilia was taken aback for a moment before a soft smile curled onto his lips and he embraced the young teen.
"Hi, beastie."
"It wasn't a dream! It really is you! I'm so happy to see you again!"
"I'm happy to see you again too, (Y/N). You've grown so much since I last saw you. I...I missed you."
"I missed you too."
"Dour!" Houndour jumped on the bed along with Noibat.
"And these two?"
(Y/N) patted her Pokémon on the head. "This is Houndour. He's one of mine. As for Noibat here, he just tagged along for this little adventure, but I'm hoping he might stick around after."
Noibat giggled as she wiggled her fingers at him.
Lilia smiled before petting Houndour. "One of yours?"
"Yeah! I became a Pokémon Trainer and now I'm traveling all over the world, meeting new Pokémon, battling powerful trainers, it's been amazing! You..." She suddenly deflated. "You were right. I was only able to do those things because you sent me home."
Lilia placed a hand on her shoulder. "It was one of the hardest choices in my life, but I knew your world needed you."
"I have a dad now. Well, it's weird, he's too young to be my dad, but he'd also a little too old to be my brother, but he takes care of me and he's taught me so much. I also have a grandpa and he's so funny and generous."
"I'm glad. It sounds like you're well taken care of."
"What about you?" (Y/N) asked. "After what happened, what have you been doing these past few years?"
Lilia laughed before patting her head. "Few years? Clearly time has been flowing differently for the two of us."
"Hm?"
"(Y/N), it's been almost two hundred years since that happened."
"What!?" She shrieked, causing Noibat to fly off in shock. "N-no! There's no way. Steven and I met right after I went back, there's no way that much time has passed!"
"It's all right." Lilia insisted. "You come from a different world, time flowing differently insisted unexpectedly. It's just good fortune I'm a fae and we have longer lifespans."
"What about Malleus? How old is he now, well compared to me?"
Lilia's smile faded as he put his hands in his lap. "That's why I'm out here. Malleus still hasn't hatched yet."
"That's...that's not normal, right?" (Y/N) asked.
"No, he should've hatched a few years after his egg was laid, but with Maelenor and Levan gone..."
"You told me dragon eggs need love and magic to hatch."
"Yes, Malecia, our queen, has been giving as much magic as she can to help Malleus, but it's not enough. I've been looking all over Twisted Wonderland for a way to hatch a dragon, but no luck. I was hoping to find some information out here, but I got caught in that blizzard." Lilia turned to smile at her. "Then you came to my rescue."
"Well, I figured I'd pay you back." The girl answered, hugging him once again.
Lilia felt a peace inside that he had been lacking for years. With one hug, this small child had brought a little light back into him, like whenever he visited Malleus in the tower. It felt nice having someone greet him so warmly. A knock came and the two looked up to see Ma with a tray of sweet and tea, Noibat on her shoulder.
"Well, glad to see you looking right as rain! Here, eat and drink up! Gotta warm you up on the inside too!"
(Y/N) took the tray and placed it in front of Lilia. "Everything is apple flavored. It's really good! Ma's an amazing cook!"
"Aw shucks." Ma said, patting the girl on the head as Noibat flew back to the bed. "Helps that I had such eager helpers. She wanted to make sure you got the best! You're a lucky fella."
Lilia smiled, ruffling (Y/N)'s hair. "I suppose I am."

(Timeskip)

"Oh, you're traveling to search for a dragon?" Pops said.
Once Lilia was a bit warmer, they all reconvened in the living room to talk. Houndour and Noibat were napping by the fireplace as everyone again had tea in their hands.
"Yes." Lilia answered. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble. I should leave now."
"What are you saying!?" Ma scolded. "You can't move in your condition! It's too cold around here for a child to cross the mountains alone! And worrying your friend so much! You both should stay here until spring arrives."
(Y/N) snorted back a laugh as Lilia pouted.
"No, I can't do that..."
"You don't have to worry." Pops insisted. "It's been a long time since we had guests visit here at the back of the mountain."
"...can't you guys see these ears?" Lilia asked.
"Ears?" Ma repeated before blinking. "Oh my! Are you a fae?"
"Does that mean he's not a child?" Pops asked (Y/N) who nodded.
"Oh dear, I really thought you were around the same age as our granddaughters." Ma said worriedly. "I'm sorry for treating you like a child."
Lilia looked at them, confused. "Aren't you scared?"
"Why should we be? You didn't do anything to scare us, and (Y/N) here was so worried for you."
"That's..."
Pops cut him off. "I won't tell you to stay here until spring, but please stay at least until the blizzard stops. The nights are long in winter, so can you two be the talking companions for these old folk?"
"We'd love to, Pops!" (Y/N) assured as Lilia sighed.
"Hmph, old folks, huh? If you say that, I'm actually much older."
"You don't look so. How old are you?" Ma asked as (Y/N) smiled mischievously.
"He doesn't like to answer that question."
Lilia ruffled her hair. "420...No, actually I'm already 430 years old."
"Now that's a shock!" Pops said with a laugh. "A rare chance for me to seek knowledge from my seniors in life at this age! I have many things to ask!"
Lilia then gave (Y/N) a look. "I hope you're pleased with yourself."
She picked up Noibat and grinned. "Very."
They all laughed, only for a high pitched howl to cut them off. Pops stood up as Teddy began barking madly.
"The wolves."
Pops grabbed an ax hanging over the fireplace and began to march towards the door. Lilia stood up, prepared to fight them off, but Ma kept him seated.
"No, none of that. Pops and Teddy are used to chasing them off, you leave it to them."
Pops stepped out the door, only for Teddy to come running inside. The old man gritted his teeth as the wolves emerged from the woods in vast numbers.
"Darn, pack's gotten much bigger."
"Pops, let me help!" (Y/N) said, running up to him with Houndour.
"Absolutely not! They're too many of them!"
"Don't worry, we don't need to get close. Watch. Houndour! Use Flamethrower!"
The Dark Pokémon shot out a stream of flames, causing a lot of the wolves to whimper and back off.
Pops scratched his head. "Huh, never seen a pup do that before!"
Still, a few of the bigger wolves were growling, stalking closer. (Y/N) held her ground, pulling a Pokeball from her belt.
"All right, you asked for it. Go, Swampert!"
She threw the ball into the air, summoning out her starter who was poised to fight. The wolves stopped their advance as they stared down the larger creature who had no fear of them.
"Just give 'em a warning, buddy! Use Earthquake!"
"Pert!"
Swampert slammed his fists into the ground, causing it to crack. That finally did the trick as the wolves turned tail and ran.
Pops whistled.
"Well, that was some fine creature wrangling, (Y/N). I'm mighty impressed!" Swampert walked back to them and the two humans stepped aside to let him in. "I will say, that one's a bit bigger than the other ones."
"Yup. Swampert here's been with me since the beginning. Oh, hey buddy, look!" (Y/N) ran to her partner's side and motioned to Lilia. "Look who it is! It's Lilia!"
The water type's eyes widened as he trotted over to the fae and sniffed him, before pushing his head into his hands.
"Uh, (Y/N)?" Lilia said, a bit concerned. "What is he doing?"
"What? Don't tell me you don't recognize him, Lilia. I know he's bigger now, but you'll hurt his feelings!"
Lilia studied the Pokémon's face closely, trying to understand what she was talking about, only for that stern, intimidating expression to melt into a softer, dopier, and, more importantly, familiar face.
"Marshtomp?"
Swampert pushed his head to Lilia's chest and the old fae hugged him.
(Y/N) smiled. "See? You do remember! And it's Swampert now! He's fully evolved now!"
"Uh, evolved?" Lilia repeated.
"Oh, right. I never did get to explain that to you last time I was here."
Lilia smiled and patted the seat next to him. "Why don't you explain?"

(Timeskip)

For several days, Lilia and (Y/N) stayed with Ma and Pops, waiting out the winter storms, helping out on the farm, and generally doing housework. (Y/N) and Ma quickly realized Lilia could not be trusted anywhere near the kitchen (though (Y/N) did have a faint memory of roasted rat that told her not to trust him in that regard), so they made sure Pops kept him busy with physical work around the farm. Given their extended stay, (Y/N) asked Ma and Pops if her other Pokémon could also join them, since she wanted them to stretch their legs. Ma was more than happy to oblige as she was already fond of Noibat, Houndour, and Swampert, so a few more monsters to scare off the wolves wouldn't hurt. (Y/N) most recent teammate, Amuara, was more than happy to frolic in the snow with the men, along with Honedge, who seemed especially interested in Lilia, likely sensing his strength. Scyther acted much more aloof, choosing to hang out on the porch or on the roof, but Lilia's eyes couldn't be fooled. He could tell the bug type was keeping watch for danger and he knew those scythes were not for show. Metang just floated around (Y/N) and Ma, naturally curious, but still responsible enough to catch objects with Psychic that were knocked by Noibat.
"Thank you, dear." Ma said as Metang handed her a bowl on top of a high shelve. "So this fella here's gonna get bigger, (Y/N)? He's already barely fits in here!"
"On, he'll get way bigger when he evolves again." (Y/N) explained, having told Lilia, Ma, and Pops about the intricacies of Pokémon and their evolutions. "Steven's ace is Metagross, and they're huge! They can't float anymore, but they more than make up for it in sheer power!"
"Hard to fathom your world just accepts kids like you having these monsters around. Don't get me wrong, these critters have been a delight to have, but it seems a bit dangerous."
"Well, we've all grown up around Pokémon." (Y/N) said, placing a hand on Metang. "There's an understanding between us."
"I suppose every place has its version of pets."

(Timeskip)

Winter broke much quicker than any of them we expected. Ma said it must be a good omen for the duo, who planned to travel back to Briar Valley. After all, the portal which had sent (Y/N) home the first time was still located in the capital, and though it hurt Lilia to admit, he had even more reason to send her home this time. He couldn't imagine how terrified her guardians were. Ma made sure to pack them some hardy meals for the long journey back and bundled them up, since it was still too cold for her liking. And so, the two bid well to their elderly hosts and began trek back, though, (Y/N) insisted on traveling in style.
"Woah!" Lilia said as Swampert vaulted over a fallen tree trunk, holding tightly as (Y/N) steered her partner, Noibat flying after them. "He's a lot faster on all fours, isn't he?"
"You should see him swim!" (Y/N) called back. "Just tell me if you see a river, or a mud pit. He actually swims faster in mud."
"Considering what happened to Baul last time, I believe it."
"I wish I had Flygon or Starraptor with me, then we could soar there in a minute!"
"Pert!" Swampert growled.
"Not that you're slow, buddy, but you can't fly."
"So, Flygon is your dragon, correct?" Lilia recalled.
(Y/N) had told her all about her Pokémon and the adventures they had had, but especially about her first six.
She nodded, pulling out her Pokédex and tossing it to him with Flygon's entry pulled up. "Yup! He's also a ground type like Swampert. He flies me everywhere. You know, Noibat's also a dragon type."
"This little guy?" Lilia said as said Pokemon dove for his arms to rest. "Not exactly a fierce looking thing for a dragon."
"It'll be more obvious when he evolves. Here." She turned and pulled out Noivern's entry as her Dex began to speak.
"Noivern, the Sound Wave Pokémon, and the evolved form of Noibat. The ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles. It swoops out of the dark to attack. Although it has a violent disposition, if you give it a nice ripe fruit that it loves, Noivern will suddenly become tame."
"Now that I believe is a dragon." Lilia said. "And a handsome one at that! Though I suppose we bats are just that naturally gifted!"
(Y/N) laughed. "You know, the first Pokémon I caught, Crobat, I always felt something familiar about him. Most trainers are pretty scared by Golbats, but when the old timer approached me, I felt...happy. Now I know why: he reminded me of you?"
"Oh, he was a wise old warrior, filled with boundless knowledge?"
"No, he was an old bat, a bit on the small side."
The youngsters all cackled as Lilia feigned hurt. "Kids today! No respect!"
When night fell, the group set up camp with the help of (Y/N)'s other Pokémon since Swampert needed to rest. Lilia even offered to chop up firewood, but...
"Honedge, you know better than that!" (Y/N) scolded as she dislodged the steel/ghost type from the dizzy Lilia. "Also, Lilia, when I say some Dex entries are exaggerated, what I didn't mention is that most of the ghost type ones aren't!"
"Good to know." He groaned, starting to get his bearings back.
Fortunately, Scyther was more than willing to finish chopping the wood that Houndour set on fire. Once dinner had been warmed up, the two began to share more stories as they leaned against Swampert, Amaura, Noibat, and Houndour were curled up at their sides, the other Pokémon floating around.
"Wait, is that me and Marshtomp!?" (Y/N) said as Lilia showed her an illustration from a book from Ma and Pops' house.
The picture was divided into two halves, the top part showed the faes and humans fighting, but with shadowy creatures seeming to lurk among their ranks. The bottom half then showed the two sides looking on in awe, divided by a line of the shadow figures. At the top was a depiction of a young child side by side with a creature that looked just like Marshtomp, both enveloped by light.
Lilia chuckled. "Yes. Believe it or not, you became quite the folk hero after you left, not just to us fae, but to the humans as well."
"But...I fought against them. Why would they call me a hero?"
Lilia smiled, turning the page to a quote:

"The fighting only stops when someone is brave enough to say no more, when people stop acting like frightened animals and try to understand each other."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. "I told that to the Dawn Knight. Did he..."
"It seems your words had more sway than you thought, at least on him."
(Y/N) leaned back against Swampert. "You know, for how much we had to put up from him, I don't think he was all that bad a person. I hope he was okay."
Lilia bit his tongue. In truth, he knew the end the Dawn Knight had faced and it hadn't been a pleasant one, but (Y/N) didn't need to know that.
"Hey, why don't you tell me about this Cynthia mentor of yours. You said she's terrifying?"
"No, she's incredible. When she battles she is terrifying. Her Garchomp can bench press Swampert." Swampert puffed air from nose, ruffling the girl's hair. "If he'd let her!"
The old fae chuckled. "Well, when it comes to you two, I doubt there's anything you can't overcome."
"Aw." (Y/N) said, side hugging him. "When did you go soft?"
"Oh, I guess age and travel...and missing a certain beastie who'd raise hell."
(Y/N) laughed before removing a small necklace from her neck and handing it to him. "Well then, take this so you'll always have a piece of me nearby. It's the symbol for my grandpa's company."
Lilia placed it in his pouch. "I'll treasure it always. I am glad you're here, (Y/N)."
"I am too. Who would've thought a scouting mission would turn into this?" She patted Noibat's head. "To be honest, I just wanted to try to get Noibat to join my team, I didn't think I'd get sucked into another world, again. Diantha's gonna be mad at me."
"Don't worry, I'll vouch for you. Any chance she knows how to hatch a dragon egg?"
"Maybe Professor Sycamore. He's really smart. And he has a Garchomp too, so he knows about dragon types."
The girl let out a yawn and Lilia could hear her beginning to drift off into sleep. Instinctively, the fae wrapped his cloak around her and the child fell asleep soon after. Swampert then grunted and nudged Lilia with his noise.
"Oh, don't worry, I'll rest soon enough. You know, I keep wondering just what were the odds that you two just happened to show up again right when I needed you. Now I'm starting to wonder if someone just designated you as my guardian angels, though this one is a bit too mischievous to be called an angel."
"Pert..."
"I know, I know, I'm not one to talk. Still, I can't help but wonder if someone is intentionally bringing us together."

(Timeskip)

The group traveled on like this for days, (Y/N) only allowing Lilia to do the fishing once their food from Ma had run out. Eventually, Swampert began running through a landscape that was familiar to them both. Despite the centuries that had passed, Briar Valley still had that magical, mysterious edge (Y/N) remembered from her first trip.
"Welcome back." Lilia said as they continued on their journey.
Eventually, they made it to the base of the mountain that hid the fae capital. Deciding Swampert had done enough, Lilia and (Y/N) decided to scale the mountain themselves, helped by the fact they weren't being hunted down by Silver Owls this time around.
"(Y/N), be careful!" Lilia warned as he pulled her up to the correct pathways.
She rolled her eyes. "Relax, Lilia, I know how to scale mountains. Besides, Metang was there to catch me if I slipped."
The steel type raised their arms in agreement as the old fae sighed.
"I remember having a similar conversation with you last time, and you ended up falling into a ravine."
"Hey, that was not my fault, there was an earthquake! Besides, I didn't get hurt!"
"No, but you were captured by the Silver Owls."
"...touché." They both laughed at the memory before coming to a bridge, one that (Y/N) had a distinct memory of it being destroyed. "Oh, they fixed the bridge!"
"Well, we did have a couple of centuries to do so."
The group traveled across the bridge and not long after, as night began to settle, they arrived at their destination, a familiar face there to greet them.
"BAUL!" (Y/N) shrieked in delight as she all but tackled the poor confused fae.
It took Baul a few moments to process both that a child, a human child at that, was clinging to his waist, and who this particular child was.
"(Y/N)!?" Baul yelled with his usual volume (too loud), grabbing the child by the shoulder. "HOW ARE YOU HERE!?"
"Wow, how did I not remember the ringing in my ears?" (Y/N) mumbled as Noibat, who was perched on Lilia's shoulder, chattered unhappily.
Lilia chuckled. "Baul, try to be calm about this."
"General!"
"I'm not your general anymore. We shouldn't have to go through this every time. Anyways, (Y/N) and I crossed paths during my latest journey and I thought she could assist us. Malleus might also appreciate sensing her again."
"Ah, of course." Baul looked down at the girl before patting her head. "It's good to see you again, human."
"Aw, Baul, I thought we made it to first name basis!"
The knight ignored her, turning to Lilia with a somber expression. "You should visit his highness."
Lilia tensed. "What's wrong?"
"I'll explain later."
Lilia bit his tongue and glanced at (Y/N). "(Y/N), come. And bring Swampert."
"Coming!"
Lilia led (Y/N) up the seemingly endless Cradle Tower where Malleus's egg was being kept. The fae did worry briefly about the Senate learning he had brought a human here, but (Y/N) boldly declared that if those old coots had been scared of her as a little kid, she'd send them fleeing for the hills if they tried to cause trouble, which put a smile on the old timer's face. Eventually, they reached the summit, seeing the pitch black egg floating in the pavilion, green flames illuminating the lanterns. (Y/N) eyes were wide at the sight as Lilia walked up to the egg.
"Hello, Malleus. It's been a while." The egg glowed as it usually did when he came. "I would've been here sooner, but I got caught in a blizzard. I have to say, I'm not a fan of the cold. But, I did bring a surprise."
(Y/N) and Swampert stepped forward, and both human and fae swore that Malleus's egg began to rapidly pulsate with light, as if the hatchling inside became elated.
"Hi, Malleus." (Y/N) greeted. "I don't suppose you remember us, do you?"
The egg seemed on the verge of shaking, which made Lilia smile.
"Would you believe these two saved me on the road?" Lilia muttered. "It's almost like destiny. The last time they were here, they helped us, so I'm hoping that maybe this time, they can help you."
"Come on, Malleus!" (Y/N) urged. "You've gotta be bored in that egg by now. I know it's been a few hundred years. If you hatch now, then we can play together! I want to show you all my new Pokémon and tell you about my adventure, but I can't do that if you're in your egg!" The egg showed no signs of response, causing the girl to smile sadly. "Nothing, huh? That's okay, I can wait."
Lilia sighed. "It's been so long. I've turned 450 years old...I've completely turned into a grandpa."
"Like you weren't before." (Y/N) joked, Swampert snickering in the back.
"Hush, you." Lilia said, Malleus seemingly also laughing at the joke. "Even after traveling this much, I'm surprised there are still places I haven't been to yet. This world is huge."
"Are you kidding? That's the best part!" (Y/N) said, stars in her eyes. "There will always be new places to explore and new things to try! Isn't that exciting."
The old fae chuckled. "I suppose so. I've had the lifespan to walk across it, the world is always changing. It's been so much easier to travel now with the world opening up to the Descendants of the Night. The conflict between the fae and humans has already been forgotten by humans. Or maybe, fairy tales about humans being brave enough to listen and understand have inspired others to do the same."
"Wonder where they got that from." (Y/N) said as Lilia gave her a side hug.
"Still, I suppose it's a small victory. No matter how much we resist, we can't stop the development of human civilization. We fae will remain in the past. We will eventually be relegated to fairytales. But I don't want you to be the main character of a fairytale, Malleus. You will be born and live your life. So hurry up and hatch so (Y/N) isn't a grandma when you finally do!"
"Please, Malleus?" (Y/N) asked. "The world becomes a lot more interesting when you step out and experience it. I'll even go with you if you want."
Lilia smiled. "There are a lot of things I want to show both of you. And there's a lot of things I wouldn't mind seeing about your world, (Y/N)."
"I'll give you guys the grand tour of my home region and then we can go explore the regions I haven't been to together. How's that sound, Malleus?"
The egg again pulsated, but it was obvious Malleus had no intention of hatching yet.
"Well, if you're not gonna come out, I can at least make sure you sleep before we leave." (Y/N) said. "This one's my favorite."
She hummed the first few notes of the song before she began to sing.

Let me sing a lullaby
As you close your eyes
And as you're drifting off to sleep
HowIhope that thedreams that you find
Are bright.

Love, canwe meet again soon in the bluest of skies?
Where atomorrowwaitsfor you andI
So hold metight one more time, but don't kiss me goodbye
'Cause I know that I'll see you on the other side.

I will think of our song when the nights are too long
I'll dream of you for that's where I belong
Love, can we meet again soon in the bluest of skies
Only, in my dreams, do we meet again.

As she finished the song, (Y/N) sadly smiled. "Next time, make sure I can actually sing it to your face."
Somberly, the trio bid farewell and descended the tower, Baul greeting them at the bottom. Lilia's expression became tense and he urged (Y/N) and Swampert to stay back as Noibat, who had stayed behind, flew over to them.
"Baul, that expression you made before, what's going on?"
Baul couldn't look his former general in the eyes, but kept his voice low. "His Highness's egg has been losing magic rapidly as of late, and he has been refusing magic."
Lilia's eyes went wide. "What!?"
"I had hoped that your presence would encourage him, but I fear that if things do not change, by the next full moon, he may end up returning to the stars."
"He'll die!?" (Y/N) shouted, Baul hadn't vastly underestimated her young ears. "We can't let that happen!"
"We've tried everything, (Y/N)." Baul said somberly. "But he refuses to take the magic he needs to survive."
"Then we have to find a way to make him hatch." (Y/N) said desperately, starting to tear. "Fire types in my world make Pokémon eggs hatch faster. Maybe Houndour could stay by the egg-?"
"(Y/N), you know it's not that simple." Lilia said, almost numb with despair.
"We have to try something!" (Y/N) shouted. "We can't just let him die! Meleanor told me last time that I was sent here for a reason! It couldn't be just to sit back and do nothing!"
Baul felt pity for the girl, who was too young to be dealing with this. "(Y/N), it's out of our hands. All we can do is pray. There is another problem though. A strange creature has been spotted roaming the forests surrounding the mountains. The Senate believes the monster is being drawn by His Highness's fading strength."
"Ridiculous." Lilia spat. "It's just a beast. I'll chase it off if it will get the Senate to focus on saving him. What does it look like?"
"It was a tall, stag-like being, but it glows with an unnatural light. It produces this...powerful aura that also feels very fae-like."
(Y/N) suddenly tensed. "Did you just say a tall, stag-like monster?"
"Yes?" Baul said.
"There's no way. Baul, was the monster blue with black legs? With rainbow colored antlers?"
"Y-yes! That's exactly what the reports claimed."
"(Y/N)." Lilia said. "Is this being a Pokémon?"
(Y/N) shouted a laugh.
"Not just a Pokémon, it's the answer to our problems! Look!" The girl pulled out her Dex and brought up an entree with a large stag-like like how she and Baul described. "This is Xerneas, the legendary Pokémon of Life. Lilia, this is it! There reason I was brought here! Xerneas has the power to rejuvenate even those on the brink of death. If anything can save Malleus, it's Xerneas!"
"Will it help us?"
"It has to. I'll..." She clenched her fist. "I'll battle them if I have to."
Both males looked at each other, unsure, but nodded in agreement. Without a moment to waste, Lilia and (Y/N) bolted into the forest on the back of Swampert.
"Xerneas shines in seven different colors." (Y/N) yelled. "We should be able to find it in the dark."
"Noibat!" The Sound Wave Pokemon cried, jumping from Lilia's shoulder and flying beside them.
(Y/N) nodded with a smile. "Good idea, Noibat. Give us an aerial view. In fact." She grabbed three Pokeballs from her belt, releasing Metang, Scyther, and Houndour. "Fan out! If you find Xerneas, send up a signal!"
The Pokémon all nodded, darting out in all directions. It didn't take long for a Flamethrower to be shot into the air, luring Swampert back to Houndour's location. The dark type loyalty sat by a set of curved prints. (Y/N) placed her hand by them, measuring the size and shape.
"Big enough from what I know." She then glanced into the tree, noting several flower blooming in a line. "Plants growing. They couldn't have gotten far."
"I can sense it." Lilia said. "It's almost fae-like in energy, and immense."
"Makes sense. Xerneas is a fairy type. Come on, we can catch up to them!"
"(Y/N), wait." Lilia interjected. "Say we find this Xerneas, what then?"
"I talk to them. Xerneas is a benevolent Pokémon. They'll listen. This is something only I can do, it has to be why I was sent here! Xerneas will listen to me."
"And if it doesn't. Even I can sense how wildly powerful this creature is."
"Yeah, but they're still a Pokémon. If I make my intentions clear, they will help us. I...I can't just stand aside again and let someone die. I made a promise to Maelenor to protect Malleus. I can't go back on that promise."
"(Y/N)..."
A crashing bomb came from the mountain as the night sky was lit up, first by piercing lightning, then by fire. The raging winds stoked the flames and in mere moments, the entire forest was set ablaze. Fortunately, the scout Pokémon had already been heading towards their destination and were running alongside them in no time as they raced to escape.
"Really wish I had taught you Rain Dance, buddy!" (Y/N) yelled, returning the three scouts as Swampert bounded away.
"I don't suppose you have any other ways to affect the weather?" Lilia said.
"Not unless you want it to start hailing on us! We need to get upwind, but the fire's spreading too fast!"
As they broke into a clearing, tiny jiggles filled the air as dots of lights began to fill the air. (Y/N) instinctively held out her hands as a pixie fell into her palms. The girl held the tiny creature close to her chest before using one hand to guide Swampert to run in a parallel direction.
"(Y/N)! What are you doing?!" Lilia shouted.
"Making a fire break! We need to slow it down! Swampert, use Earthquake! We need a stone and dirt wall!"
"Pert!" The water/ground type yelled as he rose to his hind legs and slammed his front ones into the ground.
The force of the quake tore the ground, revealing bare earth and stones. As the passengers got off to give Swampert more time to reinforce the break, (Y/N) pulled out another Pokeball.
"Sorry, Amaura, but I really need your help." She released the ice type, who immediately looked uncomfortable with the heat. "It's all right, girl. I just need you to make a line of ice along the break line, just to slow the flames down. Can you do it?"
Though the Pokémon was clearly uncomfortable, she nodded and began to use Ice Beam, creating a line of ice for the break. Noibat then swooped in, fanning Amaura with her wings to keep her cool. The pixie (Y/N) had saved also jumped in to help, flying onto the ice types back and filling her with a green soothing light, which made her Ice Beam look a bit stronger. As the flames came closer, Lilia grabbed her arm.
"We've done what we can. We have to go now or we'll be swallowed."
(Y/N) looked terrified at the blazing knowing the fae was right. At that moment, she prayed for a miracle. All at once, a wind blew, so powerful, it seemed to push the fire back. An unworldly glow engulfed the area as the steady sound of hoofbeats approached them. The duo turned to see a majestic being emerge from the untouched woods: Xerneas. Lilia was awestruck by the sheer presence of the creature as it methodically walked towards them. Its antlers glowed with rainbow light as it let out a call to the sky, rain pouring down from the heavens to smother the fire. As if that weren't enough, even before the smoke had cleared, a green aura pulsed through the ground, willing the plants to grow anew, and in a mere second, it was as if the fire had never started. Lilia was beyond disbelief at the power of this Pokémon, and he understood why (Y/N) revered it so much. The human child, seeing the danger had passed, ran to the Pokémon, putting her hands together and bowing to it.
"Xerneas, Giver and Protector of Life, I beg you for help. Our friend is dying and you are the only one who can save him."
Xerneas looked down at the girl, its expression unreadable. Lilia, thinking it may attack (Y/N), tried to step forward, but was blocked by the Pokémon, beseeching him not to intervene.
"Please." (Y/N) begged, crying. "I can't let him die. I promised to protect him. If Malleus dies, Lilia will be alone again. He'll be so sad. Please, please help us."
Xerneas lowered its head and Lilia held his breath, but the Life Pokémon only placed the edge of its muzzle against her head. Just then, another fury of lightning filled the air, and Lilia realized where it had come from.
"The Cradle Tower! We need to go! Swampert, get ready!"
Just before the water type could get them aboard, Xerneas cut off their path, laying down and motioning to its back. (Y/N) gasped in relief.
"Thank you."

(Timeskip)

If Lilia thought Swampert was a wild ride, he had nothing on Xerneas, who bolted as fast as the wind, returning them to the tower in mere minutes. The knights all seemed to scatter as Xerneas came to a screeching halt at the steps of the tower, Baul there to greet them.
"Sir Vanrouge! (Y/N)! I...see you found the creature."
Lilia leapt from Xerneas and got in Baul's face, grabbing him by the neck. "Baul, what is happening!?"
"Lilia stopped choking him!" (Y/N) shouted as Baul coughed out a response once he was released.
"Please, look to the top of the tower."
Both did so, seeing green lightning pouring out from Malleus's chamber.
"What is this...?" Lilia asked.
"Three months ago, it stopped receiving magic power from Queen Maleficia and his heartbeat has become weaker. He seemed to strengthen after your visit, but now this barrier has expanded around the egg. Approach is impossible! The doctor and imperial guards who tried were all gravely injured."
"And it started a forest fire." (Y/N) added.
"Yes. Her Majesty has tried to suppress it with magic, but it only continues to resist. If we're not careful, the egg could be crushed."
As he spoke, both Lilia and (Y/N) flinched as a screeching sound filled their ears, a sound that was similar to...crying?"
"Malleus?" (Y/N) said.
Baul looked at them in confusion.
"Can't you hear that noise?" Lilia asked.
"Noise? I only hear the sound of wind and thunder." The screeching intensified and both Lilia and (Y/N) instinctively ran for the steps. "Are you both going to climb the tower!? Don't be foolish! You'll be struck down by the lightning long before you get there!"
"I'm not afraid of lightning anymore!" (Y/N) said defiantly as her partner ran to her side. "Besides, lightning can't hurt Swampert. Lilia, he can get us up there!"
"It's suicide!" Baul argued before Lilia glared at him.
"Idiot! A child who has yet to open his eyes is crying alone! There's no way we adults should stand here and watch! (Y/N), get us up there!"
With Baul pleading with them to stop, the human and fae crawled under the water type who began to march up the tower once more, taking each hit of lightning without flinching.
"MALLEUS!" Lilia yelled as they reached the summit, only to get pulled back under by (Y/N) as purple lightning struck out at him. "Ugh! It's strong...without Swampert, it would be the end of us...and yet...haha! It's the first time in 200 years since I've gotten that response!"
The baby screeched again as (Y/N) called out.
"Malleus! We're here! Please stop and let us help you! Xerneas can heal you!"
The lightning began to fall faster as the sheer force of it made Swampert's legs buckle.
"Are you angry?" Lilia asked. "I'm sorry. I wasn't able to find a way to hatch you, but you shouldn't punish (Y/N) and Swampert for it! Especially when they went to all that trouble to help!"
The lightning again intensified as (Y/N) gritted her teeth.
"That's not what's wrong." (Y/N) said, turning back to the egg. "Malleus, I'm listening, please just tell me what's wrong!"
A bolt came down as (Y/N) ventured too far from safety. Lilia jumped on her to drag her back in, taking a nasty hit.
"LILIA!"
"ARH! Haa...Haa...okay...I got it." Lilia said. "THAT'S THE SPIRIT! CRY MORE! THAT'S HOW A BABY SHOULD ACT! GREAT! DO IT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!" The storm got worse and Lilia began to scream at the sky. "Meleanor! Levan! Are you guys just gonna watch from the sky!? How great it is to be there, huh!?"
"Lilia, I wouldn't put it past Meleanor to strike us down from the heavens!" (Y/N) yelled. "Stop provoking her!"
The old fae suddenly got a mad look on his face. "I won't let Malleus go! Malleus will see it, the world neither of you got to see!"
Malleus shrieked again, and this time, (Y/N) seemed to finally understand.
"Wait, is that it, Malleus? Are you...lonely?" The swell of the storm answered her question as Lilia suddenly got out from under Swampert. "LILIA!"
The pain was immediate as he began to limp towards the egg. "Yeah, I know...you've been alone for 200 years. Of course you'd feel lonely. Why couldn't we understand such a simple thing?" With a massive struggle, he reached out and cradled the egg. "Come on, Malleus? What now? Surely you're bored."
Lilia could feel his strength waning, only for a smaller body to run forward and cradle the egg as well.
"(Y/N)! Get back to safety!"
The human was in far worse shape, only managing to stand thanks to her partner. "No way! I-it's my fault too...I've been a lousy friend. I'm sorry, Malleus...I promise, if you hatch now, I won't let you feel alone again. We'll be friends, and I can even show you my world. So please hatch!"
The egg glowed as magic began to be sucked in. Lilia could feel his own magic drain as he laughed.
"I knew! You're starving. You don't have to endure it. Well, take mine then! My magic, my lifespan...I'll give you as much as you need! So please, come out...TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD!"
(Y/N) could faintly hear Malleus's heartbeat in the chaos and smiled. "Please Malleus? I promise, the world's not so scary, especially not when you have people who want to see you..."
A singular tear dropped from her cheek and landed on the egg, and in flash, a shattering sound was heard, followed by a roaring screech. The storm calmed and both Lilia and (Y/N) looked down to see a pitch black baby dragon in their arms.
"M...Malleus?" (Y/N) whispered, receiving a screech in response.
Lilia was frozen to the spot.
"He hatched...really?" The hatchling let out a sneeze which shot green flames out. "Gah! This kid can already breathe such powerful fire!? Haha! Look, he has the same green flames and eyes and Meleanor! No doubt about it! Malleus...oh, I finally met you. It took me 200 years...phew...haha, ha..."
Lilia's laughs dissolved into tears as (Y/N) also began to cry, hugging the hatchling.
"Really...you scared all of us so much, you troublemaker...you shouldn't have made Lilia cry like that. It's not nice..."
The baby warbled in response, wriggling from Lilia's grasp as he curled his head into her neck and wrapped his already large wings around her.
"It's nice to meet you too, Malleus..." She said as the hatchling again warbled, but this time it sounded like a familiar melody. "Oh, you want me to sing it again. I guess...I promise...let me sing...a lullaby...as...you...close...your.....eye......"
Lilia stopped crying as he rapidly saw (Y/N)'s eyes glaze over. The human child collapsed, Swampert catching her as Malleus shrieked in displeasure.
"(Y/N)!" Lilia screamed as he ran over to check her pulse, realizing it was fading fast. "SWAMPERT, DOWN THE TOWER!"
The old fae bundled them all on to the water type who flew down the steps.
"HELP!" Lilia screamed as they reached the bottom. "WE NEED A DOCTOR!"
Only Baul was brave enough to approach Lilia, who had the heir in his arms, helping him to lay the girl on the ground.
"What happened!?" Baul shouted.
"It must've been the tower." Lilia realized in a panic as Malleus jumped onto (Y/N)'s chest, sniffing at her face. "Stars, it was too much for a human! I should've protected her. WHERE IS THE DOCTOR!?"
"Sir Vanrouge." Baul said, his voice somber. "It's no use. Her life force is fading."
"No! NO! I WON'T!" Lilia shouted, putting her head in his lap as Swampert and Noibat came to her side. In fact, all of (Y/N) emerged from their Pokeballs, crying out for their trainer. "(Y/N), PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES! PLEASE! Please..." He wept bitterly. "Don't leave me too..."
A shadow fell over them all and Lilia looked up to see Xerneas peering down at them. Without a shred of pride, tears on his face, Lilia bowed his head as (Y/N)'s breathing began to weaken and begged.
"Please...please save her...don't let her die. She's only ever tried to help those in need. Please...take me if you must, but don't punish her for having a selfless heart."
Xerneas' expression seemed to soften as the ancient being was moved by the selfless love of a father begging for his child's life. The Pokémon's antlers glowed as it lowered its head to the girl's face. It let out a puff of air as a wave of rainbow colored light pulsed through her, and she let out a gasp as her breathing steady, though she did not open her eyes.
Lilia choked out a sob and he cradled her head and kissed her forehead, certain now she would live. He looked up to the legendary Pokémon.
"Thank you."
Xerneas nodded as (Y/N)'s Pokémon all piled in to nudge their trainer, only for Malleus to screech unhappily and swipe at them. Swampert huffed at the newborn for his audacity as Lilia laughed.
"Now, now, Malleus, you have to share her with her friends. I know you're a dragon, but this isn't a treasure to horde."
The baby shrieked angrily and threw his wings on top of (Y/N)'s chest, as if to refuse to give her up. Lilia laughed, only for an echoing voice to completely ruin the mood.
"VANROUGE!"
Swampert growled furiously as the Senate appeared.
"VANROUGE! HOW DARE YOU TOUCH THE HEIR WITH THAT HAND OF YOURS!?"
"Not only that, but allow a filthy human child to touch the heir!"
"The egg was hatched with the magic of a bat and the life force of a human...IT'S AN UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL!"
"THE CRIME OF DEFILING THE NOBLE DRACONIA CLAN IS HEAVY!"
Swampert roared at them as the Pokémon all began growling furiously, but the old coots kept running their mouths.
"TO LET SUCH SAVAGE CREATURES BE NEAR THE HEIR! DO NOT APPROACH THE PRINCE AGAIN, YOU BAT! HURRY, TAKE THE PRINCE AWAY FROM THEM!"
Malleus shrieked angrily as he was being pulled away, digging his claws into (Y/N)'s clothes to hang on. Just then, it all stopped as Xerneas stepped in front of them, putting itself between the Senate and everyone. The Life Pokémon's antlers were lowered to attack, daring the arrogant fae to make a move. Though this creature was alien, even they were forced to recognize its power as it challenged them to act.
"NO!" Lilia shouted. "No more." He looked at the hatchling. "Malleus, you must let go. She cannot stay with you."
The baby screamed again in protest, but eventually let go, giving the Senate the opening to take the prince away. The Senate seemed as if they wanted to insult Lilia further, but Xerneas did not once move from its battle stance, chasing them off as Malleus could be heard crying and screaming for Lilia and (Y/N).
"SUCH ARROGANCE!" Baul screamed. "TAKE YOUR INSULTS BACK AT ONCE!"
"Baul, enough." Lilia said somberly as he gathered (Y/N) in his arms. "It's over."
He walked over to Swampert and laid the girl on his back. He laid a kiss on her forehead.
"You've done enough for us, beastie. Time to go home." He turned to Swampert, scratching his face and nodding to him. "I don't need to tell you to protect her. Take care of each other."
Swampert nodded as Noibat landed on (Y/N), curling up to her neck and looking up at Lilia expectantly.
"Noi?"
"I can't go with you, little one. Do me a favor though: when you return to your world, stay with her, learn from her, and grow into the mighty dragon you're meant to."
Noibat understood, wrapping his wings around the girl as Lilia said farewell to each Pokémon before stopping in front of Xerneas.
"Thank you for everything. Please lead them home."
The Life Pokémon nodded and turned to lead the group back, and Lilia stayed there as he watched his other child disappear back to her world.

(Timeskip)

"(Y/N)!" A voice called.
The girl groaned and slowly woke up, rubbing her eyes.
"Diantha? What happened?"
The champion gave her a stern look. "You tell me. I told you not to go wandering off and you think that means taking a nap under a tree?"
The girl looked up and saw that she, Swampert, and Noibat were all curled up into a pile beneath an odd tree. The Pokémon began to stir as the girl stood up and yawned.
"I guess Noibat must've hit us with Hypnosis or something while we were playing. I had the weirdest dream...I think?"
Diantha tilted her head. "Really?"
"Yeah, I remember a blizzard, a fire, a dragon, a bat, and I think I saw Xerneas too."
"Well, I think that's as close as we'll get to seeing it today." Professor Sycamore said, joining them. "We didn't find anything, and all of the strange readings have gone back to normal."
"All of them?" (Y/N) asked. "Huh, that's weird. Maybe it was just some local Pokémon messing around down here?"
"Could be." The Professor concluded. "For now, we should head back before dark.
"Great! I'm starving!" Noibat then leapt onto (Y/N)'s shoulder. "Hey there, Noibat. Have a good nap?"
"Noi!" He chirped as (Y/N) scratched his chin.
"Glad to hear it. Say, Noibat, we had a lot of fun running around down here, right? I was thinking maybe you want to join my team?"
She held up a Pokeball and the Pokémon chirped as he hit the device, being sucked in with no resistance.
"Welcome to the family."
Everyone then began to file out, talking about celebrating the new team member, when Swampert and (Y/N) lingered for a moment, almost hearing the sound of crying. Turning back, (Y/N) looked at the tree again and noticed how it's branches didn't seem like branches, but more like antlers.
Almost like...
She shook her head. One of these days her wandering mind was going to get her into trouble.

Visit 2 complete, meaning we are nearly caught up to present day, which I remind you will be included in this AU. Also, yes I used Isabella's Lullaby because it totally fits in this situation. Anyways, I want to do some sense for the next trip back, so send me some suggestions that could be Lilia dropping hints to his kids.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 212 10
After her adventures in Paldea, Y/N is invited to go on a school trip to a smaller island called Kitakami. Between her champion duties and being cons...
51.7K 838 48
As the title suggests, this story will be based on what happens after the events of "Risen from Betrayal". 1 year after becoming the Champion of Alo...
140K 3.6K 73
We all know the story about Cinderella, being poor and then with help of magic become queen... Well this story isn't about m...
5.1K 56 37
Y/N is a sweet child who lives in the alola region surrounded by Pokémon they have never met. Y/N has always dreamed of becoming a well known name o...