Road of the Lonely Ones ✸ Pau...

By screamstu

I must've done something wrong to be left so lonely. Twilight / Paul Lahote screamstu, 2023 More

Road of the Lonely Ones!
Vol I, Eat and am Eaten
000. Cigarette Psychology
001. Metal Angel Wings
002. Torn Dead
003. Madness and Honey
004. Remarkably Human
005. Taste of Cruelty
006. Roadkill

007. Deer Heart

111 5 1
By screamstu

Hospitals. They have been around for many millennia, yet they never seem to lose the awful smell and uncanny feel. Paul couldn't help but feel uneasy. He had rushed there as soon as he had managed to control his anger and shapeshift back. His heart was beating fast, and only going faster as he walked through several hospital corridors. Not one bringing him any more relief as he sped round the corners, trying to find the room Saskia had been put in.

He finally caught sight of two people sitting outside a room, one a taller boy with his elbows on his knees, hands over his face; the other was a young boy, half asleep and resting on the person beside him. Levi and Hugo.

"Hey, hey, what's going on? Is she okay?" Paul immediately questioned Levi in a hushed tone, careful not to wake the sleeping boy next to him.

"I-I don't know, they pushed us out while they were trying to calm her down. She's hysterical." Paul's heart was thundering, his worry overtaking him as he looked towards the door behind where the siblings were sitting. "She hasn't been taking her meds, and she keeps talking nonsense about her being crazy, something about the werewolves and vampires. I don't know what to do, Paul."

The tone of the boy was so defeated. Paul wanted to help these poor siblings more than anything. But the overbearing weight of his disturbance about the whole situation happening with his Saskia took over as he could faintly hear her crying from the room in front of them.

"Can I go in?" He was fidgeting, his hands already itching to reach for the door handle and storm in to hold his imprint close.

"Yeah, we thought you might be able to help."

Paul breathed. It hurt.

Opening the door hurt even more. He barely made it through the threshold before a body slammed into his chest. A shorter blonde figure was suddenly pushing at him. Again, he could feel the overwhelming surge of emotions coming from the girl. Before he could even begin to talk, she was already talking.

"Paul, please, they want to keep me here. I don't need to be here." Saskia was staring at him, but it wasn't her normal soft eyes looking at him. No, instead they were wide, like a deer in headlights. Panicked and nothing but afraid. He wasn't quite sure what it was she had to be scared of. "Please, get them to take me away. I'm crazy. No one believes me. I'm going insane."

Oh, she was afraid of herself.

"Hey, hey. It's okay" Paul put his large hands on the side of her neck. Rubbing his thumbs along her cheek as if to try and out her at some sort of ease. "You're okay." He breathed out in relief. Finally scanning the rest of her body. She was on her feet which was a good sign, and her arms were bruised. Though a redraw cut rested on her cheek across to her neck, just below her ear. That would scar. Her chest was heaving, and he could hear her wheezing. She must have broken a few ribs. His poor imprint. "You shouldn't be out of bed."

Saskia groaned, and he could see the tears of frustration forming in her eyes.

"Sir, we need you to step out of the room." A doctor suddenly came up beside them. A couple of nurses and hospital security surrounded the young girl as if trying to herd her.

"I'm not leaving-"

"Alright, alright back up, let the kids have some room." Sheriff Swan was suddenly in the room, taking charge immediately.

"Charlie, please lock me up, I'm crazy and they're coming for me." She was suddenly in front of Charlie, grabbing his shirt and trying to grab the handcuffs from his belt. "Please, Charlie, please. I'm not safe to anyone." Paul couldn't comprehend any other feelings other than guilt. It was filling his lungs, crawling up his oesophagus and spilling off his tongue.

"Sas, it's okay. No one is coming for you." Was this his fault? Making her feel like no one could ever believe her?

Her head was switching between the two people. Paul's warmth behind her and Charlie's fatherly comfort in front. Though neither meant anything to her as the tears fell down her cheeks.

"Saskia, sweetheart, I'm not puttin' you in the station." Sheriff Swan grabbed her wrists and removed them from his shirt, putting his hands on her shoulders. "You need to rest."

"No, no I need to, you need to-" Saskia was all too suddenly crouched down, her hands over her ears and fingers digging into her temple. She was in pain, Paul could feel it. Her head was pounding and she was hot to the touch, too hot. More than a fever, like how he and the pack were. "It hurts, Paul, it hurts."

"Woah, woah okay, let's get you to the bed." He and Charlie shared a look of worry. The Lahote boy had grabbed onto her, one hand around her waist and the other holding the side of her head over the hand that was clutching her skull. Though she hissed as he touched her, flinching away from him and crashing into the corner of the hospital bed. She was hot, it was too hot. "Sas, it's okay."

"No, no it hurts so much." Saskia was sobbing now. Scratching at her neck and arms and legs and head. As if she was trying to get out of her own skin. Paul tried to reach for her arms, to get her to stop hurting herself, though he failed as she ripped herself away, stepping further away. He tried his best to ignore the hurt in his chest as she did so. And before he could even register, nurses were flooding in, grabbing her and restraining her to the bed. Ignoring her screams of pain and Paul's own shouts of protest. Security was ushering him out, though his superhuman strength stopped them as he stared at his imprint, tears dripping down her neck as she was unable to wipe them. He wished to help her, understand what was going on and wipe those aching tears from her face.

"Come on, son." Charlie had put a hand on his shoulder. "They know what they're doing."

"But-"

"Do me a favour and take her brothers home, their fathers a no-show." Paul finally gave in, his guilt coming back as he backed out of the room and looked at the Sanders brothers. Levi's hands were shaking as he stroked his younger brother's head while he slept on his lap. Saskia's blood-covered jacket was placed over Hugo, a sense of comfort from his sister's calming scent though is eyebrows were scrunched up as he slept, still in a state of worry. A heartbreaking scene to anyone around. Children looking after children.

Billy Black was way too secretive for Paul's liking. He knew something. Something about Saskia. Something that he wasn't being told.

After dropping off the two boys back to their house, Pual went straight to Sam's, where he knew everyone would already be. Except the air was different, and not just because of their knowing of Saskia's current state. But there was something else.

Billy looked sorrowful. His hands on his chin as he looked deep in thought. The others were silently chatting around the table as Emily cooked them up something too eat. They all seemed to go quiet as Paul entered, his head low and Saskia's jacket in hand (the brothers had left it in his car and it was the most comfort he could get). Anger was prominent, they could all feel it as it whispered to them through the thick air of silence. Though guilt still remained along with the deep ache for his imprint.

"Don't mind me." His voice was harsh, Jared and Embry winced.

"Is she okay?" The alpha spoke, trying to get the boy to keep his cool. Hoping to by speaking about the girl.

"I don't know." It didn't work. Paul's heart was so heavy he felt as if he were about to keel over. He suddenly felt so top heavy with a painful sting of unknowing. Was she okay? It seemed a surprisingly difficult question. "She was burning up, almost like us, I-I've never seen anything like it."

"She will be okay." Billy Black had finally spoken up. It irked Paul in such a way. They all turned to face the older man in his wheelchair as he sat with a hand on his chin. Though Paul walked straight unfront of him, Jared having to place a hand on his arm in fear of the Lahote boy throwing himself at the man.

"What do you know?" A demand more than a question.

"You'll know when the time is right."

Paul groaned and slammed his fist on the table. "What the fuck does that even mean. Just tell me what's wrong with her."

"When the time is right. She needs to be aware first of what she is."

"What she is?" Embry's mumbled question seemed to go unnoticed as Paul's frustration was piling up.

"She's my imprint, I deserve to know!" His voice rose as he took a step closer. The worry for his girl was being overthrown by the pure irritation he felt. Did Billy have to be so fucking vague all the time?

"No, I need to talk more with the elders, they will be able to help her understand." Billy had already turned around and was wheeling himself towards the door. His tone seemed final. Nonetheless, the younger boy was having none of it as he followed him towards the door. His footsteps hard and angry.

"Understand what? Goddammit just tell me!" Sam grabbed his arm, a voice in his head from the alpha telling him to calm down and just leave it. But Paul was an angry boy, he didn't mean to be such a monster. It seemed uncontrollable, spilling out of him as his body started shaking. He just wanted to be held, to not have this burning rage in him all the time. The one that ruined relationships and broke glass. The one the punched holes into walls and doors and the one that seemed to drive away his imprint. God, what was wrong with him? Would he always be like this? He didn't want to be the angry one.

Being a giant wolf didn't help the situation, only escalated it. Whenever his anger became too much he would turn. As he was doing so now. Growling and ripping off his shirt as the warmth became too much. Sam as already pushing him out the door. His anger was getting the better of him. And it had got the better of Saskia. It made him pause, the thought of her. Soft compared to his sharp. He didn't want this anger to control his life. Drive away the people he loved or wanted to love.

"Get off me." He demanded in the calmest tone he could. Deep breaths through his nose as his chest heaved. "It's fine." He turned to where Sam had retreated next to Billy, seemingly having told everyone else to leave them. "I just want her to be okay." He finally revealed softly.

"And she will be." It felt like Billy had meant to add something else on the end. A 'For now'. or some sort of 'Until...'

But one harsh look from Sam told him he needed to trust Billy on this. Let someone else have the control. It was a tough pill to swallow. Yet, the lingering thought of Saskia slowed his heart and relaxed his uneven breaths as he shut his eyes. Anchored him back down and kept him human. Away from the angry wolf of a boy he had become.

AUTHORS NOTE

omd i have been busy as fuck.

Anyways my girl Saskia is gonna be okay. For now.

BUT FOR FURTHER NOTICE!!

The pack do not heal quick in this story. It is important for the plot i promise.

Also this should get more interesting from now on. Hope there are no mistakes!

lots of love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 725 12
𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 ❛i never stopped thinking about you.. about us❜ Paul lahote 𝐱 oc The twilight saga During...
127K 4.6K 29
▍ 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 . 𝟎𝟎𝟏. conflicting love. 𝙸𝙽 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙷 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙧 befriends a 𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣, and 𝙥𝙖𝙪𝙡 𝙡𝙖𝙝...
74.8K 2.5K 25
.  . • ☆ . ° TWILIGHT.• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ ❝Your feelings and mine are all lonely And dawn comes, you're there lying with me And you reach out to touch ...
578K 23.7K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...