KAYAMATH

By Namswrites

I love you. Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever.... ♾️♾️ If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to... More

Authors note
Character's sketch
Main characters
Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
ABOUT ME AND KAYAMATH
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 16

36 3 0
By Namswrites

                             ....... 🦋 .......

As the golden rays of the morning sun gently filtered through the curtains, filling the room with a warm glow, Panchi woke up to the melodious chirping of birds outside her window. The serene ambiance of the morning filled her heart with a sense of peace and tranquility.

Over the years, Panchi had blossomed into a stunning young woman, her inner beauty radiating outward, captivating everyone who crossed her path. With her enchanting smile and graceful demeanor, she had a magnetic presence that left a lasting impression on everyone she met. Panchi was truly stunning.

With her dark, silky hair, fair, smooth skin, and slender figure, she looked very delicate yet perfectly proportioned. Her cheeks had a light pink hue to them.

Her room was adorned with soft hues of pastel colors, creating a serene and inviting atmosphere. With a soft smile, Panchi stretched her arms and took a deep breath, savoring the freshness of the new day.  She gets off the bed and goes towards the balcony adjacent to the room and steps into the balcony.

As she stood on the balcony, watching the butterflies flit gracefully from flower to flower, a wave of nostalgia washed over Panchi, transporting her back to the carefree days of her childhood.

Seeing the butterflies flying outside reminds her of her childhood days.

I never thought that sitting in someone else's house in another city would make me miss my home. But fate also plays a strange games. I never thought that my mumma and papa would go away from me. Having grown up in the shade of my mother and father's love, I never thought that I would come to the harsh of the real world.

It has been Thirteen years since Mumma passed away. But still I feel that she will come from somewhere and call me, 'Gudiya, don't run after butterflies, if you fall somewhere, you will get hurt.', Then later you will come to me and will say, 'Mumma, look, it has hurt. Even now, whenever I get hurt, I feel as if Mumma will come from somewhere and apply medicine to my injury.
I never thought that my life would be ruined in this way.

My parents being away from me was like a nightmare for me. For so many days I kept thinking that I wish I too had gone with them. Don't know when our happy life got affected by someone's evil eye. Never did I imagine that our own would betray us like this. Ashok mama dealt such a blow to papa that mumma could never recover from the shock of his betrayal.

Over the years,  Mama siphoned off large sums of money using intricate schemes. He manipulated financial records, creating false accounts and transactions to cover his tracks and maintain his facade of innocence.

Slowly but steadily, he diverted company funds into his personal accounts, building a substantial fortune while maintaining his respected position within the company. Papa, unaware of his brother in law's deceit, battled alone with the mounting financial irregularities, never letting a hint of his struggles reach home. Even when  Ashok Mama suddenly disappeared from our lives, Papa chose to keep Mumma in the dark.

And then, one day, Mami and my cousins also left abruptly, leaving us all shattered. The company stood on the brink of bankruptcy, drowning in the wake of years of hard work papa had invested. When Mumma learned of the truth, it dealt her a blow she couldn't recover from. Her condition deteriorated day by day, and the taunts of society only worsened her mental state.

It's human nature, isn't it? When someone is thriving, everyone sings their praises, but the moment they stumble, those same people are quick to mock and deride them. Every time Mumma stepped out, she was bombarded with questions and gossip, each one adding to her anguish.

“Mrs. Shah, I heard your brother embezzled funds from his own sister family's company. Is it true?”

Haww...  That's utterly disgusting act..

“Is your brother and sister-in-law on the run?”

"It's like biting the hand that feeds you..."

"I heard that your brother sold all his parents' property, and also sold your parents' only house which was the last memory they had.. Is this true??

"It's so shameful, you know...”

People always had a knack for kicking others when they were down, and Premlata was no exception. We were living through all of this. Mumma couldn't bear it anymore, and one day, she left us to be with God.

The pain of betrayal and the cruelty of society weighed heavily on us, and I couldn't help but wonder how life could be so merciless...

Papa could not bear the grief of mother's passing, but because of me he continued to bear it all. The memory of his mother always haunted him, and the taunts of the society were not allowing him to live. So father sold everything and we left that city and shifted to Dehradun. It was there that all my education took place. During these years, Papa started his small business again in Dehradun and it was doing well. After I turned 18, papa brought me to Mumbai to Pranay uncle and Niharika aunty.

After coming to Mumbai, I came to know that papa had gastric cancer. But papa never told this to anyone. He was battling cancer alone for so many years. But in his last days, he handed over my responsibility to Pranay uncle and Niharika aunty.

And his last wish was that I and Neev should get married. That's why we both got engaged while he was still alive. Now Neev is my fiance.

Papa was very happy in his last days, he was assured that after him Neev will be there for me. And he kept saying that now he can die in peace. Now he is going to his Lata, she has been alone for so many years, now I will go and take care of her. He was smiling even on his death bed. He was saying that he has chosen the best life partner for me, he will take care of me. He was relieved to see Neev near me. And then within a few days he too passed away. And at the age of 18 I became an orphan.

Determined to make the most of the day ahead, Panchi went about her morning routine. After done with her morning routine she dressed for the day, Panchi couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had settled in her heart. She missed her parents, the carefree moments they had shared, the laughter that had echoed through the halls of her childhood. But now, it seemed like a distant memory.

….........

The Panchi goes to the dining area well-prepared. Pranay uncle, Niharika aunty and Neev show her there. She sits quietly in her place. Panchi softly looks at Neev, but as usual, Neev is seen eating his breakfast without any emotion with a Stern face. She greeted everyone good morning but unlike her enthusiasm greetings both Pranay and Niharika slightly nodded their head in casual manner. And Neev he didn't even glance at her once.

Panchi felt a pang of disappointment as she looked away, her enthusiasm dampened.

"Panchi, your favorite breakfast is here," Shyamala kaki announced cheerfully.

"Oh, thank you, kaki," Panchi replied with a grateful smile.

Niharika interjected sharply, "Typical middle mentality. How many times have I told you to call them by their names only? And stop saying thank you all the time when they do their work. We pay for them, for God's sake. It's not necessary to always say thank you and sorry to them."

Panchi's heart sank as she witnessed Niharika's scolding. She felt a deep sense of sadness for Shyamala kaki, who had always been kind and caring towards her. Since Panchi started living there, Shyamala kaki made sure she felt comfortable and welcomed. That's why Panchi always addressed her with affection and respect. In fact, she never treated anyone disrespectfully.

However, Niharika and Pranay were the complete opposite. They didn't appreciate Panchi's respectful demeanor towards everyone. They harbored disdain for people of lower rank and tried to instill those values in their family.

Their beliefs not only fueled their ego but also led them to believe they were superior to those who didn't share their background. While their views were repugnant, they didn't even consider the concepts of right and wrong.The sting of Niharika's words still fresh in her mind,

Her thoughts then turned to Neev, her childhood friend who had now become her fiancé. They had shared countless memories together, their friendship blossoming into something more over the years. But lately, something seemed amiss. Neev's demeanor had changed, his once cheerful disposition replaced by a quiet reserve.

Panchi quickly finishes her breakfast and leaves the house. Because she can't even imagine how Neev has changed so much?
HOW CAN PEOPLE CHANGE SO MUCH IN JUST A FEW YEARS? She couldn't understand.

For many years after Neev left the city, both of them would write letters to each other or talk to each other on the phone. Their friendship always remained intact. But as the years passed, Neev's behavior changed. Gradually his calls stopped. They did not talk to each other for months. Slowly Neev and Panchi started moving away from each other's life.

Perhaps they would never have met, if Panchi's father had not brought her to Mumbai. But they met again, Panchi was very happy with this. When she met Neev after so many years. But this happiness lasted only for a moment. Neev didn't even look at her as if he didn't know her at all. maybe they should never meet. With this bitter truth she entered the college.

Despite the unpleasant encounter, she was determined not to let it ruin her day. Stepping into the familiar surroundings of the college campus, she felt a sense of relief wash over her.

In college, Panchi found solace in her studies. The challenges of her MBA program provided a welcome distraction from the tensions at home. Immersed in her coursework, she found herself absorbed in discussions, debates, and group projects.

After classes ended for the day, Panchi made her way to Neev's office for her part-time job. Working in the office allowed her to gain valuable practical experience while also earning some extra income to support herself. Here, she could focus on tasks at hand and escape the judgmental gaze of Niharika and Pranay.

As she settled into her desk and began to tackle her tasks for the day, Panchi's mind gradually shifted away from the earlier altercation with Niharika. She focused on the present moment, channeling her energy into her work and studies, determined to carve out her own path despite the obstacles in her way.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Please vote and comment to let me know you are still with me on this journey. Thank you for your patience.

Love you all ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.2K 4.8K 32
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
198K 16.2K 23
~ꗥ❀ "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐫....𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞." ❀ꗥ~ Amrita Kaushik "Why don't you just leave me alone?" A 24 year old woman, with lot of...
1M 40.6K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...
10.3M 574K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...