starstruck | natalie scatorcc...

By fruitcombo

bonnie didn't hold much faith, she didn't know where faith came from. the crash changed that, made her better... More

⊱✫⊰
⊱playlist⊰
⊱bonnie kurage⊰
⊱cast⊰
⊱act 1⊰
⊱pilot⊰
⊱pilot⊰

⊱pilot⊰

91 5 0
By fruitcombo

1996──────────────────────

IT was the night of the party, the celebration of the team going to nationals, a huge success. Some came to wish luck but most came to get plastered.

Bonnie wasn't too keen on going, she wasn't really fond of the partying crowd and she didn't think she ever would be.

The ravenette sat at her vanity, looking into the mirror as she did her hair. Her fingers weaving between her hair, creating a long braid down her back. Her thoughts had been practicality at the moment.

Her hand reached over to her lip sticks, picking a light maroon to glaze her lips, on top of this she put on a clear lip gloss.

The most of her makeup had already been done a few hours ago, her skin glowed slightly at the light that shone in her room.

The ravenette stood up, letting her braid fall over her shoulder. She moved to her closet, opening and looking inside. Her first instinct was a gorgeous red mini dress she hadn't been able to wear, it was casual yet a perfect fit for a party. To match the dress she adorned long silver earrings, her new black kitten bag, her favourite black kitten heels and a black leather jacket.

The look was complete, that was something to be happy about at least. After watching herself in the mirror, the girl left her room and moved downstairs, swinging her door open and locking it behind her.

Mika pulled up to the driveway, his lips curled, giving a cheeky grin.

"You look gorgeous Bon"

Bonnie let herself lightly laugh at his compliment while opening her car door and sitting beside him.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad either"

He glowered at her, his teeth baring as he smiled. His eyes glued onto her form before leaning into her and sticking a kiss onto her cheek, his hand holding her cheek lightly.

"What was that for?" Bonnie laughed at the action, almost confused.

"You look good"

"We already established that, let's just get going" Her tone fell a little flat, her mood shifting.

Mika started driving to the party, a hand on her thigh. Bonnie didn't have the heart to push it off of her, the warmth of his palms made her reluctant. The callousness of his palms distracted her, she didn't like it. Yet she still let her own hand rest atop it, her soft palm met his knuckles as they sat in silence.

The party was already a fucking mess. This is exactly why Bonnie had wanted to ditch it. The loud environment, the drugs and vomit filled her senses immediately when they pulled up to it.

"Bon, we're here" Mika said, sweetly stating the obvious.

Bonnie grabbed her bag and opened the car door, closing it once she had stepped outside. The two made their way to the main event, where all the yellowjackets probably would be soon, considering they were all suckers for alcohol. Not that she wasn't either, she just hated this scene.

"Oh look there's Via and Chris, didn't think they'd show after what happened at the last party"

Bonnie let her eyes roll at Mika's comment, chuckling at him before making her way to the two.

"Hey Bon, care for a hit?"

Chris held out a blunt, Bonnie held out her own hand to take it but Mika had taken it before she could.

"You sure? I don't want you-"

"Mika give it to me" Bonnie sternly said, her playful expression melted off while looking at her boyfriend. Mika sucked in a bit of air before handing it to her reluctantly.

The blunt was nice, she hadn't had a smoke of one in a while, no thanks to Mika. Her cares and worries and concerns all drifted away with the smoke she exhaled. This is why she loved weed.

"Did you see what happened with my ex?"

Olivia started her usual routine of gossip, a rotation between her ex, her brother, her biology teacher and her sex life.

"No, what happened?" Bonnie asked with a hint of curiosity.

"He got a buzz cut and then nearly overdosed on pills his new girlfriend got him"

The three other friends nearly choked on the air they were breathing, Bonnie on the blunt she was smoking. Olivia had said that with complete nonchalance. Her demeanour never changed.

"I know, crazy right? he always told me he'd never get a buzz cut but surprise! he did"

"That's the thing you're fixated on?"

Mika asked with full concern, Chris simply started hacking a laugh up, his face red with amusement. Bonnie moved her eyes away from her group and to the keg. Pulling up the blunt, she took a puff and huffed it out. She then let her eyes return to Olivia, giving her a grimace.

"God he'd look ugly with a buzz cut"

"What I said" Olivia replied, a smirk appearing on her lips. Her fingers fumbled to her pocket, pulling out a cigarette.

"This is the good shit, got it from another ex"

"What ex, Courtney? She'd lace that shit" Chris gave his unwanted opinion, earning an eyeroll from Olivia.

"Fuck off, at least it's the good brand"

Bonnie let her laugh escape, she enjoyed Olivia and Chris's presence. Especially their conversations and weed of course.

The ravenette let her eyes go to Mika, his eyes crinkled in amusement at the conversation, she let her eyes wander his face.

He was incredibly groomed, it was one of the reasons she agreed to go out with him. She wouldn't be caught dead with someone that didn't care for themselves. He looked lovely, his hair gelled and combed back, his outfit matching her's with their leather jackets, and his camera wrung around his neck.

He'd never part with it. He always kept it around him, even when they had sex. Not that she minded, he gets some pretty good shots of her.

After finishing the blunt, she threw it onto the floor, making sure to stomp on it. The effects of the weed had already made her throat dry.

Her eyes guided themselves to the keg, her hand itching to hold a cup.

"I'll be back"

Her heels led her to the keg, pulling up a red cup, the girl started filling it to the top. Licking her lips as she did so, Bonnie really needed a drink or two.

After filling her cup, the girl stood up straight, letting the people in line get their own drinks, she let her arms cross and let her cup be brought up to her lips. The liquid filled her throat, a heat entering her system, but she was a heavyweight. So it'd take her a few to get it completely in.

Eyes scanned the scene, they squinted at the drunk and horny teenagers. It was a disgusting sight honestly, but the people she was looking for weren't in sight. Natalie wasn't around, Jackie wasn't either, neither was Lottie.

Then right on cue Taissa came up to the keg filling up her drink and once she was done, turned to Bonnie in surprise.

"Bonnie? Didn't think I'd see you here"

"You sound shocked"

"I am..you're not one for parties right?"

Bonnie made no effort to reply, nodding her head slightly as if it should've already been known.

Taissa stood a little awkwardly, her cup brought to her lips as she drank the liquor. Bonnie only watched, unmoving.

"Fuck, don't look at me like that Bon"

"Like what?"

"Like..you're mad or something"

Bonnie rolled her eyes at Taissa's statement, letting it fester in her brain as she came up with a response.

"I'm not mad or something"

"You're mad about Allie though"

Bonnie scoffed at the girl infront of her, she looked fidgety, her eyes fixed on the ravenette.

"Why would I be mad about that? Yeah it was incredibly stupid of you and I warned you but inherently I don't care all that much, not crying over it anytime soon"

That was probably the most she said so far that day, the girl just wanted to get her point across. Taissa looked a little relieved, which was odd considering her whole shtick was that she didn't care.

Taissa looked as though she wanted to say something after Bonnie, but something or rather, someone had interrupted her.

"I admire your resilience Ty, can't be easy knowing you fucking crippled someone today" Shauna spat out, her cup looked a little crinkled, as though she was gripping onto it in pure hate.

The cool air between Taissa and Bonnie had dissipated, now being replaced with a stale and heated atmosphere.

"Cool, good talk Shauna" Taissa seemed done with being near the keg, or being near Shauna. She had started to leave when Shauna kept spewing her mouth.

"Just admit you did it on purpose"

Everyone knew Shauna was drunk out of her mind right now, but that comment struck a nerve in Taissa.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me"

"You're wasted"

"And you're a fucking sociopath!"

Bonnie continued drinking, her eyes rolled at the scene before her. Taissa looked at the ravenette for help, reassurance, but the other girl simply looked off in another direction, her face simple and calm. That made Taissa a little nerve stricken.

Instead, Van interrupted the argument.

"Hey, Shauna, take it easy..." Van put a hand on Shauna's shoulder, ready to lead her away but Shauna shrugs it off.

"Good news, you guys, we don't have to worry about the Allie problem anymore"

Shauna started off, her eyes floating from Taissa to Bonnie and to Van, then to the rest of her teammates, before fixing them on Taissa again.

"Taissa fixed it for us"

"What's she talking about?" Laura Lee asked, her hands entwined into each other. The other teammates felt a bit awkward at the question, until Natalie spoke up.

"She's talking about Taissa's little
plan" Her tone laced with disgust, Natalie sure didn't make an effort to hide it either. The malice plastered on her face.

"Please, since when do you give a shit anyway? don't you have a bong to hit or a dick to suck, or something?"

In retaliation Taissa let her own words be filled with malice, her eyebrows furrowed and her nose scrunched slightly.

Lightly scoffing at the low blow Taissa gave to Natalie, Bonnie moved to the keg a few steps away from her. She began pouring herself some more liquor before standing back up and listening to the conversation or argument.

"Don't talk to her that way" Shauna blurted out, defending the blonde that had just inserted herself in the conversation.

"Fuck off, Shauna. I don't need you to defend me"

Natalie let her gaze shoot to Shauna, her lips pulled into a grimace at the thought of Allie's leg.

"Last I checked, you were fine with the whole 'freeze her out' strategy"

"Seriously, what are you guys
talking about?" Laura Lee repeated her words that had been drowned out by the argument.

"Shut the fuck up, Laura Lee!"

Bonnie couldn't help but roll her eyes at the group, she felt a little sorry for them. Why on earth are you getting drunk to cause a confrontation? It was a tad childish in her eyes but to each their own.

She saw Mika, Olivia and Chris watching the group. Olivia looked quite intrigued by the fight, a smug smile on her face as she tried listening to the gossip. Chris looked amused, he just wanted to see girls fight. Mika looked a bit concerned, seeing as he knew the context.

The ravenette moved her eyes to her teammates and watched. They landed on Natalie, her angered expression made Bonnie hide in her cup, sucking up the contents of it slowly.

Jackie then came along, she was quick but not quick enough. The captain came to stand by Bonnie, her gaze lingering on the scene before her and then moving to the ravenette beside her.

Bonnie made no movements to stop it.

"Let me finish! LET ME-"

"You interrupted me!"

"Go ahead and say that again, bitch-"

An even bigger crowd gathered at the loud fight, it was more interesting at the fact it was the yellowjackets team.

"Are we stopping them or?"

"I'm not, you can sure try, sunshine" Bonnie replied to Jackie's question, her response earned a small chuckle. The sudden use of her nickname caught Jackie off guard, she wanted to reply but the shouting stopped her from doing so.

Jackie then moves her gaze to the rest of her teammates, then with an angry huff storms into the middle of the maelstrom.

"THAT'S IT, ENOUGH!!!"

Everyone stops in their tracks, the silence was deafening, Bonnie put a hand to her ear as it readjusted to the sudden silence. Jackie crosses her arms, glaring. Then, turns on her heels.

"Yellowjackets, with me"

The rest of them watch as she stomps off into the woods beyond the bonfire. She clearly expected them to follow her in suit. To which they did. Bonnie chugged the last of her drink and placed it next to the keg, then followed the group.

The girls had found themselves lined up like they were in the military. Jackie paced up and down, watching them individually as she thought of something motivating to say to them.

Most of the girls were drunk, one of them getting a kick of acid and one of them high.

Bonnie was interested on what Jackie was going to cook up this time. The fight was serious this time, so what exactly was she going to say in this situation?

That wasn't the only thing on her mind though, she wanted to know why her eyes strung to Natalie every few minutes, the fact that the blonde stood next to her didn't exactly help.

Also, she was quite hungry, she was definitely going to get a bite after this on the way home.

Interrupting her thoughts, Jackie spoke up.

"I don't know what the fuck that was, but I do know that it's over"

She stopped her pacing, looking off into the distance before moving her head to the girls that had now dissipated out of the line.

"We're about to go to nationals, you guys, nationals! And based on what I'm looking at right now, we might as well not even bother getting on that plane"

In a beat of silence, Jackie then clapped.

"Alright, everybody line up!"

When no one made any movements, Jackie almost shouted at them

"I'm fucking serious, line up!"

Almost as a reflex to her tone, they do. Then, a small smile played on her Jackie's lips. Bonnie knew exactly what she was going to say, and she let her own lips tug into a small smile.

"I'm going to talk to you like adults, Is that okay with you?"

A few smiles escaped the girls. Jackie was happy with the outcome, her eyes moved to look at Bonnie, who gave her a reassuring nod.

"Coach is always telling us that you can't win without three things"

Jackie let her fingers count the three things as she said them.

"Talent, trust and respect"

Jackie looks at the girls as she speaks, they all look at her back. Some in shame and some in interest.

"I mean, Coach also talks a lot of bullshit, but I'm pretty sure he's right about that."

Bonnie smiled at her words. Jackie always excelled in motivational speeches.

"So here's what we're gonna do, I want each of you to go down this line and say one nice, true, thing about every other girl on this team"

Upon hearing her words a silence fell on the group, exchanging looks as if to ask if she's serious. Taissa was the first to speak up about it.

"What is this, fucking girl scout camp?"

"Who wants to go first?" Jackie asked, completely ignoring the snarky comment.

"I'll go, Jackie" Laura Lee speaks up, since no one else did.

Laura Lee steps out and walks to the end of the line. Her form stops at Taissa, who stood at the end of the line.

"Taissa, you are beautiful in the eyes of our lord."

Laura lee then moved to van, stating the exact same thing.

"Van, you are beautiful in the-"

"Oh my god" Lottie cackled, her hand on her stomach as she realised that Laura Lee wasn't being unique at all and preaching her religion instead.

"Laura Lee, fall back!" Jackie said, exasperated, then after a beat she moves to Taissa and mumbles.

"Fuck, fine, I'll go first."

She stood infront of Taissa, their eyes locking as Jackie praised her.

"Taissa Turner, you have more fight in you than anyone I've ever known, I'm inspired by your determination."

Taissa gave jackie a light grin, a small blush creeping on her cheeks at the praise she had received. Jackie gave her a smile back before stepping aside to meet Van.

"Vanessa Palmer, your smile makes me feel happy, every time I see it."

Van had a similar reaction to taissa, her cheeks flared up as she grinned. Jackie moved on to the next person.

"Laura Lee, I truly admire your faith, I'm sure Jesus does, too."

Laura lee nodded in response, her lips curled far up in agreement. Jackie moved to Natalie.

"Nat, I love that you don't care what anybody else thinks, you're more completely yourself than anyone else I know."

Natalie gave the blonde a small smile, her eyes shifting downwards to the floor in embarrassment. They flicked to the side to look at Bonnie, her eyes trailed the ravenette's figure as she looked at her as well.

Jackie stepped aside to meet Bonnie's eyes, crinkled in amusement. Jackie's hands wrung together as she debated taking the ravenette's hand in her own.

"Bonnie, you're the prettiest girl I've ever met, you've brightened up my life more than you think"

The ravenette gave the blonde a laugh, the two exchanging fleeting glances. Bonnie wanted to say something back, something just as bright as what Jackie had said to her, but the blonde moved to Lottie before she could.

"Lottie, your ambition inspires me, I have no doubt you're gonna take over the world some day."

Lottie gave Jackie a wink, her gaze moved to Bonnie beside her as they chuckled together at the sincerity of Jackie's words. Both finding it endearing.

"She's also deadly at beer pong" Van intercepted, several of the girls smiled at the comment, some even laughed.

"Well, go ahead! Tell her, c'mon, guys, if we do this one at a time, we'll be here all night..."

Jackie encouraged the girls to turn to each other and say nice things about them, so they did shyly.

Bonnie watched the girls awkwardly move to each other, not knowing who to go to, she looked a little lost if you'd like to call it that. Until Lottie moved infront of her and grinned, the arms that hung by her sides now crossed as she looked down at her friend.

"Hey Bon"

"Hey Lots"

The two stared at each other for a bit. You could say it was awkward, but the two lived in silence with each other. Their hangouts consisted of them mostly sitting in silence.

"I guess I'll go first"

Lottie perked up, her gaze shifting to the sky before they trailed down to Bonnie. The ravenette felt a little heated under the girl's gaze, her own eyes moved to the floor in embarrassment.

"You're my bestfriend, I like everything about you bon..except for when you're being a asshole"

Bonnie rolled her eyes, her own arms crossing at the comment.

"Wow, so you just don't like me"

They laughed, their tense faces becoming loose in it. Bonnie lifted her face up to look at Lottie, a small smile making its way on her face.

"I'm glad that I've met you Lots, you're amazing and I probably wouldn't be here if we weren't friends"

The two shared a moment of silence, recognition in their gazes as they looked at each other. They both shared an enormous amount of adoration for each other, and they both knew it.

As the girls move around, changing partners, Bonnie found herself infront of Jackie. Her face was bright and shining, just like the sun, hence the nickname.

"Thank you for saying that sunshine"

"Saying what?" Jackie teased, her lips curled into a large smile.

"You know what I mean...I appreciate it a lot"

Jackie shook her hand, as if to tell the ravenette not to say anything about it.

"Jackie, your whole being can rival the sun itself..sounds cheesy but...it's admiring, you're very easy to admire"

Jackie let out a chuckle at the embarrassment laced on Bonnie's face. The blonde took the ravenette's hand in her own and held it tight.

"Thank you Bon"

The next person she saw was Natalie, she was alone and looked a bit tripped out. That was something Bonnie could definitely relate to.

Before the ravenette could go up to her, the blonde had already made her way to Bonnie herself. The girls stood in a few beats of silence, Natalie's gaze fixed on the other girl's form and Bonnie's fleeted to the floor.

"Bonnie, why are you looking down? Look at me"

Bonnie did as told, her head raising to meet Natalie's gaze. it was hard to keep her eyes on the blonde, afraid to embarass herself.

"I'll go first" Natalie speaks up.

"You're really pretty, amazing at soccer, and...Jackie was right, you do light everything up"

Natalie smiled as she spoke, as if reminiscing good times. That made Bonnie a little flustered, it was the comment and the look on the blonde's face that made her eyes shoot down to the floor once again.

"Thank you Nat, that's lovely to hear"

Natalie only let out a small hum, her gaze fixed on the form of Bonnie.

"Okay...you're also really pretty..I like how you're really observant of things and I like how you let me have the last drag of your cigs"

Natalie laughed at Bonnie's last few words, it wasn't what she was expecting at all, but at least she was called pretty by the other girl.

After finishing their team activity, Bonnie left the scene, picking out a cigarette from her bag and her favourite lighter. The girl thought she could have a smoke break and then find her friends and boyfriend.

Lighting her cigarette, the girl moved to sit on a log. The party had winded down a bit ago and she was ready to leave. With her bag sitting beside her, she let her head lean on her hand while smoking.

People watching was something the girl had gotten used to. It wasn't as though she had no friends, Bonnie knew everyone in her school. It was just more fun to watch than participate.

Her dark eyes trailed the grounds, landing on a bonfire opposite where she sat. Blowing smoke out, she noticed a blonde girl sitting near alone. It was Natalie, and she was tripping hard.

Bonnie let out a small sigh, her form rising from her seat and picking up her bag to see what Natalie was up to.

"Natalie?" Bonnie called out as she nearly tripped over passed out kids and drugged out teens.

Now that Bonnie was up close, the blonde didn't look too hot. Her face was twisted in distress, her eyes glazed over as she stared in the distance.

"Natalie? You okay?"

"Misty?"

Natalie called out, her brows furrowed in confusion before she shut them tight for a few seconds. Bonnie watched with her own form of confusion, her bag swung in hand and her hand held her head slightly. She could feel a headache coming on.

Natalie opened her eyes again, they looked around in the distance, presumably for Misty.

"Natalie?" The girl in question moves her gaze to the ravenette, her furrowed brows returning to normal as she grounded herself.

"Bonnie..sorry I think I'm having a bad trip"

"Don't worry about it, do you need a ride home? You don't look too good to leave by yourself"

"No it's okay, thanks for the offer though"

Bonnie sighed, looking around a little for Mika, before plopping herself beside Natalie. Their legs close together as there wasn't enough room on the log.

"You want a cig?"

Natalie shrugged with a light laugh, it did sound on edge, Bonnie had noted.

The ravenette took out another cigarette, lighting it up before handing it to the girl beside her. She watched as Natalie breathed it in, and then out.

"Thanks" Natalie held her hand out for Bonnie to take it back, she refused to though.

"You keep it, consider it a gift for calling me pretty"

"You called me pretty too" The blonde laughed back, the cigarette lifted to her lips again.

Bonnie brought her gaze to the surroundings, watching the last few people there get off to each other.

"I'll take you home, come on"
Natalie couldn't protest when Bonnie was tugging on her arm.

─────────────────────────

She found herself sitting in Bonnie's boyfriend's car. They hadn't formally met before so this was awkward. Bonnie sat at the front with him as he drove, she noticed how they didn't speak much.

"You can drop me off here, thanks"

Mika pulled over near the trailer park, his smile was warm. He seemed nice, sweet even, approachable and kind. Nothing like Bonnie was.

"It was nice seeing you Nat" Bonnie called out through her window as Natalie began walking. The blonde looked behind her to see the ravenette, a smile playing on her lips.

"Same goes for you Bon"

─────────────────────────

hello!! we've made it to the end of the party, I'm sorry it took a while to get it out!! I've been very busy and I'm going to continue being busy until the beginning of June!!

hope you enjoyed the chapter xx

4299 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 780 38
(currently waiting for season three) When I look into your eyes I can see a love restrained Darling when I hold you Don't you know I feel the same Bu...
1K 15 20
thanatophobia ~ the fear of losing someone you love. cheryl stevens COULD have been a champion, aswell as the other girls on on her team she had a f...
86.2K 4.3K 41
so you feel entitled to a sense of control and make decisions that you think are your own? shauna shipman x fem!oc season one - ...
4K 225 10
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ❰❰ AFTER DARK ! ✿ lottie matthews x fem!oc . . . ❝ wait for the signal and i'll ...