WICKETS AND WIDGETS

By Raven_hokage

Meet Aryan Singh, an engineer navigating a world where the engineer's curse is a reality-no luck with girls... More

Writer's Note
Hello, Mr. Adani
Hey, Mr. Jobless
Bonjour, Mr. Singh
Here Comes Singh
Love Has Found Me
National Crush
He's Your What?
Echoes Of Kabir
Broken Bonds
Comatose
I Know Everything
Is Sana Here?
Setting Things Right
Not An Update
What Do You Want?
Worst In Me
It Was Natasha
The Swift One
Face To Face
Emotion Called Love
What Lies Ahead [Finale]
Found Deceased
Black Out
Heavy Cloak
Emotional Dilemma
Always
Heart To Heart
Mother's Love
Until Next Time
EXTRA
EXTRA (2)
Strength And Weakness
Getting Acquainted with
Promise Of Harmony
End Things
Back To Town
Unknown Number
I'm The Problem
Back To Mumbai
Get Married
Endgame
Epilogue

Let's Get Started

350 19 17
By Raven_hokage

Hey everyone, how are you finding the story so far? I'd love to hear your thoughts and get plenty of feedback, so don't hold back on the comments!

"Kabir, I get how you're feeling, but," I paused, choosing my words carefully, "I don't think it's a wise move."

"Why not?" He raised an eyebrow, waiting for my explanation.

I pressed my lips together, considering how to phrase it. "Firstly, he has Sana's reputation in his hands. Any misstep from us could ruin everything she's worked for. Her career would be in jeopardy, and I doubt she'd want that. And I'm sure you wouldn't either."

"So, what's the plan? Sit idly by and just swallow this bitter truth about Arjun molesting and blackmailing his actors?" Raghav's voice was tinged with disappointment.

I shook my head slowly. "No, that's not the point. But we need to be realistic here. Confronting him won't magically solve everything. Do you really think he'll just admit to his wrongdoings if we ask him nicely? It's not going to be that simple. He'll deny everything."

"Who said anything about asking him nicely?" Kabir's tone was sharp.

"So what's your plan then? Beat him up until he confesses everything to the police?" I retorted. "Violence is never the solution, Kabir. Just look at the consequences of violence in the past. Your sister is in a coma because of it. Violence only escalates problems, it never resolves them."

"Hey, as much as I detest shortcake's guts and sanity, I gotta agree," Aditya chimed in from his lounging position on the floor, drawing our attention with his unexpected input. "I know y'all think I'm all about violence, but let me set the record straight—I'm not into it for no reason. I've got a thing for it, only when it's pointed my way. Call it a touch of masochism," he said, a crazed glint in his eye as he grinned.

"I think that's a bit too much information," I muttered, feeling a tad uncomfortable with the direction of the conversation.

"Hey, that's just me being me," he grinned mischievously. "But if I could put in my two cents, I'd suggest gathering hard evidence against him first—something concrete, something he can't wiggle out of. Like a video clip or recording. That's the kind of stuff the police can't ignore."

Kabir's gaze bore into him sharply. "I know there's more. Spit it out."

His grin turned sickly sweet. "Ah, my ice prince, you always catch me. Well, yes, there's a little twist. I happen to know about a certain video clip, thanks to Sana's confessions in our sessions. But here's the kicker—Agastya has a tight grip on that clip."

"Get it for us," Raghav demanded, eyes eager.

His grin twisted into a psychotic sneer. "Betray Agastya? Not in this lifetime or any other. I'm her loyal dog, and more importantly, a mere side character in this tale. If I do everything, what's left for the main players? Sit back and watch? Because if that's the plan, the narrative might lose its edge, and I doubt the author wants that."

"You're talking about readers and authors like we're living in a book or something," I muttered, trying to make sense of his words.

He chuckled softly, a glint of madness in his eyes. "Think about it, though. Life's like a story, isn't it? Full of twists, turns, and unexpected characters. To the outside world, I might seem like a villain, but to those who truly understand, I'm more of an anti-hero. Someone who doesn't fit into the usual boxes." He paused, as if contemplating the depth of his own words. "There's a certain allure in being unpredictable, in breaking the norms. It's what draws people in, makes them curious."

"You're not an anti-hero; you're just a weirdo," Kabir remarked, and I nodded in agreement.

He grinned mischievously. "For you, my ice prince, I'll play any role—your hero, your villain, your in-between. Anything."

"Perhaps you could try playing the role of a silent spectator for a change," I suggested, rolling my eyes at his antics.

His grin widened mischievously. "Oh, getting all defensive, huh? Is there something juicy going on between you and the ice prince that I don't know about? Because if there is, I might need to bow out. I have a strict policy against getting involved with taken men; it's a massive turn-off for me."

"Where did you even get that idea? There's nothing between us, now or ever," I clarified firmly.

Kabir looked down, his voice barely audible as he mumbled, "He's right."

He glanced between us with curiosity before saying, "Oh, there's definitely something brewing here because my psychiatrist instincts are tingling with signs of compatibility and tension. Sexual tension, to be precise."

"Dude, seriously, can you just stop?" I interjected, feeling exasperated by the continuous talk about relationships and shipping. "Let's focus on the important matters at hand. We need to help Sana, and Arjun needs to face consequences for his actions."

Kabir simply nodded in agreement.

"Ah, yes! So now that I've spilled all the juicy bits I deemed necessary, good luck wrangling the chaos. Oh, and you, my petite treat," he sneered, fixing his gaze on me, "If you grow a backbone and muster enough delusional confidence to believe you can reform Agastya, then by all means, go ahead. I, as her devoted man, cannot defy her, but I can certainly enlist another man's help. That wouldn't be disloyal, would it? Especially when I'm twisting fate to save her from herself?" he chuckled, his tone dripping with amusement.

"Aditya, you've got a twisted way of looking at things, but underneath it all, you're not just some madman," I remarked, extending a hand to shake his. "You're loyal in your own way, and I can see that your loyalty to Agastya stems from a deeper understanding of who she truly is. She's not just a villain in your eyes; she's someone you believe in, someone worth standing beside. And I respect that, even if it comes with a touch of insanity."

"Watch it, shortcake, my hands have a history," he teased, winking suggestively.

I quickly withdrew my hand, making a face of disgust. "Seriously, dude, fuck you."

"Gladly," he grinned, gesturing towards Kabir. "You, me, and him – now that's a trio that could turn up the heat."

"Alright, enough of this," I said, a tinge of weariness in my voice as I looked at him.

His expression shifted, his tone turning serious. "Fair enough. It's time for me to go. But remember, the next time we meet, things won't be so cordial. I'll be on the opposite side. This is a rare moment of conversation without the looming threat of violence because next time, I won't be the Aditya you know. I'll be Aditya, working for Agastya. Roles can change everything, can't they?" he mused, his gaze drifting upward. "I wonder when I'll find my own peace, when my soul will finally find the paradise it's been searching for all these years."

"Hopefully soon," I replied with a genuine smile, watching him leave with a sense of understanding.

"Perhaps," he murmured, casting one final glance at Sana's still form before quietly exiting, the door closing with a soft click behind him.

I turned to Kabir and Raghav, seeing their curious looks. I shrugged and said, "Eh, what can I say? Aditya was a bit out there, but he wasn't all bad. He seemed like a guy caught between different roles, playing the middleman. Despite his quirks, he still had some sense of right and wrong, which is why he showed up here. Gotta give him credit for that, I guess."

Kabir tilted his head, asking, "What's your connection to Agastya? And what did Aditya imply with 'change her if you can'?"

"I-I," I stammered, trying to explain, "Well, um, she's the girl I'm currently seeing. You know, the one who came with me to the cricket match." After a pause, I added, "She goes by the name Natasha when we're together."

"Is she the one who called you while we were talking to Aditya?" Raghav inquired.

I nodded in confirmation.

"Man, you're like a magnet for trouble, just like Sana," he commented. "Think about it: dating someone only to discover they're a bloodthirsty maniac targeting your friend. How often does that kind of craziness occur? Not very often, but here you are, defying the odds."

I sighed and shrugged.

Kabir raised an eyebrow, "So, you're dating someone who's attempting to kill Sana?"

I gave him a defensive look, "Look, it's not like I had any idea beforehand that she was actually part of the underworld, posing as a crew member on the set and scheming against the lead actress of the movie. I'm just as conflicted about this situation as you guys, maybe even more so."

He nodded understandingly, "I apologize for being rude."

I shrugged it off, "Yeah, well."

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have bigger concerns here," Raghav interjected. "Do any of you have a plan on how we're going to obtain that incriminating video clip of Arjun from Natasha? I highly doubt she'll hand it over willingly."

Deep in thought, I rested my chin on my hand. "I could attempt to negotiate with her for it," I suggested.

"Sure, like it's a walk in the park. She might as well decide to end you right then and there. You do realize that her relationship with you is just a façade to maintain appearances, right? There's no love or genuine feelings involved," he murmured softly.

I let out a sigh and cast my gaze downward, my voice heavy with resignation. "I'm aware of that. But hearing it again still hurts every time."

Kabir moved closer, enveloping me in a comforting embrace. "It was inevitable. Reading people isn't exactly your forte," he remarked.

I pushed his arms away, shaking my head. "That's a shitty way to comfort someone, you know," I retorted.

He shook his head, a serious expression on his face. "I wasn't offering comfort; I was simply stating facts. Your heartache wouldn't have occurred if you had thoroughly understood her before entering into a relationship. It's like the saying goes, the quickest decision isn't always the wisest."

"Yeah, well, I wasn't exactly thinking clearly," I admitted. "I went ahead and dated her, that's on me. At least for now, she doesn't harbor any ill will towards me," I added with a shrug. "She still doesn't know my connection to Sana; to her, I'm just another face in the crowd. So, I could try to gather some information from her."

"But what if she catches on to our manipulation? Natasha isn't naive, and let's be real, you're not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed," Raghav remarked, his concern evident.

I bristled at his comment. "Do you have a better plan, then? Because I'm all ears," I challenged him.

Raghav remained silent, lips pursed in thought.

"Exactly," I said, feeling validated. "I know this plan carries risks, but we can't just sit around doing nothing, can we? It might not guarantee the clip, but it's a proactive step to protect Sana from Natasha's next move."

"Indeed, he does have a point," Kabir remarked, nodding in agreement.

Raghav chimed in, "Yeah, alright."

"Alright, let's get started," I declared decisively, signaling the beginning of our plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 2.8K 37
Jai's life revolves around two things, his sister and music. Fresh out of college he's excited to start his new job and perharps make new friends. Fo...
8.9K 28 4
"Mohit, a struggling jobless Indian guy, decides to dress as a woman in a bold attempt to secure employment. Unexpectedly, his boss develops a crush...
234K 11.4K 84
The new, geeky kid in school gets partnered with a popular jock in biology. He believes that geeks and jocks can't be friends until this particular j...
26.1K 1.6K 24
"When unexpected circumstances lead to a life-changing moment ,emotions run high as love, angst, and happiness collide. Join me on a rollercoaster r...