Game of Hearts || Hailee Stei...

By KyogoFuruhashi8

An NFL player, well on his way to becoming a star, meets an actress who's already there. After a quick intera... More

Cast
Additional Cast
Last Game
Connecting
LA Meetings
The Club

Admitted Mistakes

417 29 10
By KyogoFuruhashi8

1 month later...

The clash of a metal resounded in the gym, as the barbell was set back down, the 400 pound weights attributing to it. "Let's go man!" Justin cheered as the man in front of him squatted down to rest. "That a new record?"

"Yup." Y/N breathed out. "Now.. rest." He flopped down on his back, eyes closed as he faced the ceiling.

"Yeah well not too much, we still need to finish packing." He groaned as Justin reminded him of their impending trip.

The Combine was set to start in two days, and the boys had left their packing until the last minute. Y/N very slowly got up and walked towards the showers of the LSU gym.

The hot water cascaded down his toned body as his head was filled with thoughts of the past month. He had buried himself in improving his shape before travelling to Indianapolis after the events of LA.

Hailee had completely ignored him since the day after he kissed her. He understood why she had done it, and only really blamed himself for it. Justin, Ja'Marr and Y/N's father had been slightly concerned at his new regime, but ultimately let him figure out how to deal with it himself.

After his shower he and Justin left the gym and headed back to their dorms. A notification on his phone forced him to quickly check what it was. Justin looked over and noticed his friend's downtrodden expression at what presumably was not what he wanted to see.

"Still nothing?" He asked, as Y/N shook his head. "Nah. I don't even know what I'm expecting. She has every right to be angry and not wanna talk to me." He lamented, as they entered the building. "I'll give you a wake up call tomorrow." He said to Justin as he received a thanks in response.

He sat scrolling through instagram after his suitcase was packed, laying in bed almost awaiting sleep to come. His attention was grabbed by a post he found.

•••

haileesteinfeld                                                         •••

🖤   💬 ↗️ 📥
Liked by lewishamilton and others
haileesteinfeld BRIT AWARD HIGHLIGHT 💙
View all 455 comments
21 February 2020

•••

He had to admit, seeing her did brighten up his day. Even though they only knew each other for a short amount of time, he truly did miss her a lot. She did seem happy though, which was all he could've asked for after what he did.

•••

Knock

Y/N slowly stirred in his sleep, feeling far to comfy to get up.

Knock

The young man still showed no sign of moving.

KNOCK!

"Ok!" He shouted as he finally sat up. His bedroom door opened and his father walked inside the messy room. "Love what you've done with the place." Y/N glared as best he could at his parent, but his current tired state did not allow him to be very menacing.

"I'm getting up. And how'd you get in?" He asked, as he stood up from his mattress, heading for the bathroom. "You didn't lock your door last night."

"And you thought it ok to just walk in?" Y/N said back to him as he grabbed his toothbrush. "Well I am your dad. Kinda gives me permission by default." The buzz of the electric toothbrush, as well as a mumble from his son was the only response he got.

"You ready to go?" He asked his son as he was finally dressed. Y/N nodded in response, and the two left the now locked dorm room.

Y/N walked down the hall to Justin's room and checked if his door was also unlocked.

Luckily it was and he entered the dorm. He went straight for his friend's bedroom, and opened the door.

He went onto his phone and loaded up a certain sound effect, and held it to Justin's ear. "WHATTT!!!" He screamed after the horn went off in his ear. He looked up at Y/N, petrified. "I told you I'd give you a wake up call. C'mon let's go." He left his now terrified teammate to get ready, as he and his father went down to the lobby.

•••

23rd February 2020

Y/N and Justin walked into Lucas Oil Stadium, as they needed to get themselves checked in before the 27th when their workouts were. "You got any idea where we supposed to go?" Justin questioned him, only getting a shrug in response.

The two walked around for a bit, until they both saw a familiar face in the stadium.

"Yo! Joe!" Y/N called out. The quarterback turned around and saw his teammates coming towards him. "Hey guys." Y/N dapped him up as everyone smiled at each other. "Do you know where registration is?" Justin asked him.

"Yeah it's just around here, come on." The group walked around the stadium to where they registered their attendance for the workout in a few days.

"So what's up with you two. I hear you got a new girl?" Joe smirked at Y/N who displayed a confused expression. "What?" He asked. "That actress. There were pictures all over the internet of the two of you walking around LA."

Another reason Y/N felt bad. The two had been photographed together after going out for those burgers, and rumours about the two dating had flooded twitter. Some were flattering. Others... not so much.

"Oh yeah.. that didn't work out." He told Joe honestly. "Oh. Sorry man." He looked over at Justin, but the look on his face just told him to drop it.

"Well anyway, uhh your gonna get a pass to allow you to get into the locker and press rooms. Then they'll take a headshot of you for the NFL website, and I think they use it for 'Madden' too. But yeah just through there." Joe directed them and they bid him farewell and they headed for the desk.

"Morning. Uhh I'm Y/N L/N, I'm here to register." He told the lady at the desk. "Y/N... oh yes. There you are. Uhh here is your pass, this will get you around the stadium and if you just go through there and they'll take your picture." She informed him, as he thanked her and walked into the other room.

"Hey, Y/N right?" The photographer asked. "Yeah, hey. Good to see you." Y/N responded. "Ok so, this your set of clothes. It has your number on it. So just get changed into this, and then come back and we'll take your picture." He handed the tracksuit to Y/N, and he went and got changed in the other room.

•••

•••

Y/N lay on the bed in his hotel room. The room was filled with sounds of 'Mission: Impossible - Fallout' playing on the TV. He also heard the occasional distant chatter from outside.

A knock on the door interrupted his concentration. "Come in," Y/N called out.

The door swung open, and Justin entered with a grin. "Hey, man, got some news for you. There are some fans downstairs who want to meet you, and I kinda told 'em you were here. I said I'd send you down."

Y/N's heart sank slightly at the thought of facing a crowd right now. He was enjoying his movie and being alone. "Alright, fine. I'll head down."

When the doors of the elevator opened into the lobby, he was surprised to see not a crowd of fans but a familiar figure standing by the entrance.

Hailee.

She turned as if sensing his presence, and smiled lightly at him. Uncertainty flickered across her features as they locked eyes.

"Hailee," Y/N managed, his voice slightly hoarse with nerves and surprise. "What are you doing here?"

She smirked. "Hello to you too." He immediately became increasingly worried. "Uh-uh. No it's not.. I just didn't-"

Hailee's cheeks tinged pink as she explained, "I dm'd Justin a few days ago. I asked him if you were gonna be here and where the hotel was. I wanted to... see you."

Y/N's heart skipped a beat at her words. "I... I didn't think you'd want to. Especially after what I did." he told her, his words slow but sincere.

Hailee's expression softened, and she shook her head. "I wasn't really mad at you, Y/N. I was just... worried. My last relationship was a... complete disaster, and I started to really like you, and I got scared. I know that's dumb and I shouldn't have ignored you but I just didn't know what to do. I'm so sorry." She rambled.

Understanding washed over Y/N as he listened to her. He reached out, tentatively touching her arm. "Hey, I understand. I'm sorry I made you feel that way. And for what I did, again."

They stood there for a moment, the air thick with unspoken emotions and the weight of their conversation. Finally, Hailee smiled, a small but genuine one. "Let's start over?"

Y/N nodded, a sense of relief flooding through him. "Yeah, let's. So how was London?"

"Oh it was great. The awards were really amaz- wait how did you know I was there?" She asked, a knowing look in her eye.

He became flustered again. "I.. just saw pictures on twitter. Yeah, twitter." Hailee hummed in response, but still smirked. Y/N let out a nervous laugh. "Hey. Do you wanna.. go somewhere, there's some cafés and stuff around here we could go get a coffee?"

She smiled at him. "Yeah, that sounds nice."

Y/N and Hailee strolled through the bustling streets of Indianapolis, the city alive with energy and excitement. They had indeed found a nearby cafe, and walked in looking at the quiet but cozy interior.

"What would you like?" He asked. "Just a tea with a little milk please." She informed him before finding table for the two.

The two talked about any little thing that came into their heads. "So, I guess I'll have to watch Stephen Colbert in a few days?" Y/N said, after Hailee mentioned her upcoming TV performance.

Hailee smiled, stirring her tea thoughtfully. "Well, I guess you will."

Y/N nodded, sipping his coffee. "I'm glad you're here, Hailee." He told her honestly. She smiled back at him. "Glad to be here, L/N." She smirked at him.

They spent the next hour chatting animatedly. They eventually stopped after Hailee tried to pay Y/N back for the drink, but he was not having any of it, but soon picked right back up.

As they finished their drinks, Hailee glanced at her watch. "Wow, time really flies." she remarked with a grin.

Y/N chuckled, feeling a sense of ease in her presence. "Definitely. Do you want to explore a bit more or head back?"

Hailee looked around the cafe, then back at him. "How about we take a walk? I heard there's a beautiful park nearby."

"Sounds perfect," Y/N agreed. They left the cafe and ventured into the nearby park, enjoying the serene surroundings and the quiet moments shared between them.

As they walked along a winding path, Hailee spoke up, her voice soft yet filled with curiosity. "Y/N, can I ask you something?"

"Of course," Y/N replied, turning to look at her.

Hailee paused, choosing her words carefully. "What do you.. like.. wanna do I guess? I mean, after college, the combine and the NFL, 'cause I know you'll get there... what's next for you?"

Y/N's began to contemplate as he considered her question. "Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I mean hopefully I do get to be as successful as I can in the pros, but beyond that... I guess I'll figure it out as I go."

"You'll definitely be successful. You're too good not to." She complimented him. He looked back at her teasingly. "You watch my highlights or something." She matched his look. "Well you said you listened to my music. Had to get us even." He laughed as they continued to walk.

They eventually made it back to Y/N hotel. He turned back to her. "Where are you staying actually?" She looked down slightly embarrassed.

"Uhh. Well.. coming here was kinda an impulsive thing. So I don't actually have a hotel." She explained as Y/N grew concerned. "I mean.. you could stay in my room? There's two beds so you won't be uncomfortable or anything." He offered as she met his gaze.

"Who said I'd be uncomfortable next to you?" She teased, as his face became flushed. "Uhh. I just thought-" He saw her look and realised it was another joke. "You are evil." She laughed and apologised sarcastically. "But yeah, I'd love to stay."

The two eventually reached Y/N's room, as he fished around for his key, Hailee leaned against the wall. "I had a really nice time tonight."

Y/N smiled, a genuine one this time. "Me too. Thank you for coming here, and for giving me a second chance."

Hailee reached out, her hand finding his. "I'm glad I did."

Their fingers intertwined, and Y/N stopped looking for his key. Instead they both gazed into each others eyes as there seemed to be a pull between them.

Hailee moved first, ensuring that Y/N had no apprehensions about what they were again. She moved a hand to his cheek and moved his face towards hers.

Their lips met for a second time, this one a lot more romantic and meaningful. They stayed in that position for many moments, until she pulled back slightly, their bodies still very close to each other. "I'm counting that as our first kiss." He told her, as she smiled endearingly at him. "Me too."

Y/N eventually found the key, and the pair stepped into his room, not knowing what tonight would bring.

So... I'm back! 😂

I am doing better and so I thought you guys deserved a new chapter, because I did miss writing.

Also in case you couldn't tell I kinda left the chapter in a... teasing manner. So I thought I'd ask you guys. (And try to put away personal feelings 😏😂)

Would you guys think a smut scene would make sense in the context of the story? Or is it too early?

I think I know what people are gonna say but just thought I'd ask 😏

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 0 18
Jacob is flying high in his career, a star player in his football club. It's a derby game day when he meets someone who ends up leaving an impact mo...
649K 16.2K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
450K 8.5K 41
NFL superstar Julian Edelman plays for one of the best teams of the league, is handsome, charismatic, and practically has it all. But when a causal "...
26.6K 865 24
Follow Hailee and her neighbour Y/N, two people with drastically different backgrounds and very few overlapping interests. Read as they develop feeli...