Carrie and Batman

By ConnorMcGranahan1

A year and a half before the infamous Senior Prom takes place in Ewen High School, Carrie runs away from her... More

Young Carrie like Batman
Main Titles
The Dream
Bonding
The Bat
He called the Batman
Bruce Wayne is Batman
Eleanor Snell and John Hargensen
Carrie arrives in Washington

Batman is Gone

22 0 0
By ConnorMcGranahan1

While Carrie continued watching the video Bruce's butler Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Gough), she read Alfred's family.

Alfred with his siblings: Margaret and Wilfred, Margaret married her husband: Gerry Snell, she had daughter: Eleanor Pennyworth-Snell, she with the support of her husband: Edward, her daughter: Sue and Sierra, Alfred and his family with their niece, Eleanor, nephew-in-law, Edward and great-nieces, Sue and Sierra, Alfred in Gotham City, Alfred died in 2005.......

One of the things Carrie has learned recently, for example, is that Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon and Tim Drake are Nightwing (Marlon Wayans), Batgirl (Christina Ricci) and Robin (Mike Vitar) are one and the same.....

As Carrie continued watching the video, she overheard some students talking about something.

Student: Did you hear about the Bat that went superhero in Gotham City?

This, for some reason got Carrie's attention as she turned and looked at the two boys and a girl that were sitting at a table across from her.

Friend: Yes I did hear that, they said the Bat just disappeared without a trace. One of them was a bat-wings, another was a bat vessel, and the other one was a superhero.

Student: What do you think happened to the people who were on board Gotham?

Friend: Don't know. They haven't found a single person that were on bored those the Bat. He is called the Batman. I guess Batman is still forever, or worse, possibly dead.

Those last two words in a scared voice.

Carrie was watching and listening to them intently, having heard every word they just said. There was Batman that went forever without a trace in Gotham City? That sounded really strange. The topic about Batman suddenly left her mind as she was interested in what they were saying and kept listening.

Friend: Not only that. They said that in the US the GCPD was send into Gotham City so they try to find bad guys or find what was the cause? The Bat-Signal by Commissioner Jim Gordon. Commissioner Gordon's death. Batman with the Bat-Family Nightwing, Batgirl and Robin. They were somewhere in Gotham City for hours before suddenly, they went offline. Batman's all villains. The Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face, Riddler and Scarecrow. The deaths of the Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Scarecrow in 1989, 1992, 1993 1994 and 1998. Catwoman, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze and Bane are still alive.

The student and girl looked at him with frightened eyes hearing that the US the GCPD just disappeared with no Bat-Signal.

Carrie, who also heard that caused her eyes to widen in fright as well. How could four Joker and Penguin, Riddler and Scarecrow all die from the years 1989, 1992, 1993, and 1998. With no idea the Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Bane, and Scarecrow all gone? Much less, in American villains. The US is supposed to be the most secure and powerful country in the world and yet, four villains were killed. How? Who could have been able to do this?

Girl: What do you think could have caused this?

Student: Maybe it was the Chinese or the Russians.

Friend: I don't know, maybe it could be aliens?

Girl: Maybe it could have been some unknown ship we haven't discovered yet?

Student: The five superheroes.

Friend: Justice Guild.

Girl: Justice Guild in Washington D.C.

Student: Yeah.

For some reason when Carrie heard those two words "unknown ship", her mind went back to the dream she had two nights ago. The dream about the alien skull ship attacking Chamberlain, Maine and destroying it all entirely, killing everyone. This caused her eyes to widen in shock and shake with slight fear. It couldn't be possible, right? It had be a coincidence, right? There is no way the alien she saw in her dream is somehow connected to the missing Batman and forever. Right!? The alien is not real! He doesn't exist! It's all just in her head!

But, what if it wasn't...?

Carrie didn't know what to believe and felt like she was about to lose her mind...... As Carrie thinks about the Justice Guild.......

Carrie looked up at the book on the shelves. She held him in the books and found it by looking through the book cover Bruce Wayne.

Carrie: That's it.

Carrie walked around and to a table with the library teacher Arlene Walsh (Kim Roberts), standing on the desk.

Walsh: Hi Carrie. The books.

Carrie: Yeah, Ms. Walsh. I got the bat and the guy in the books.

Walsh: Hmm, sure.

Walsh gave the books to ISBN with barcodes by scanner.

Walsh: So, that's Bruce Wayne?

Carrie: Yeah, the billionaire. The Bat. He is called Batman.

Walsh: Batman. Oh yes.

Carrie: I saw the Bat in here.

Walsh: Too bad.

Carrie: Yep.

Walsh: Okay, three weeks later.

She gave Carrie to the books.

Carrie: Thank you, Ms. Walsh.

Carrie pulls the books to her school bag.

Carrie: Okay, see you later.

Walsh: So, long.

Carrie walks away, she is out of the Library class and she walks and turns the hall.

Carrie: Batman.

Later at Ulmann's Class, that day, Carrie started toward the reading and turned the window in class, the Bat paying much attention to the course.

Yet she removed the smile that was growing on her face. On one hand, she was getting the knack of her newfound gift performing some as simple as making a bat...Carrie had a smile from the Bat.

On the other hand, a group of kids and one mysterious teenage boy all wanted to extend a hand of friendship toward her without reason to judge her. As if for the first in a while, she suddenly felt the way almost every other student felt when they're surrounded by friends. Seemed perhaps things were slowly starting to look up. The English teacher Mr. Ulmann (Jefferson Brown).

Ulmann: All right, who's next? Uh, Carrie.

Soon as her name was called, Carrie looked up to face Ulmann.

Ulmann: Favorite poem. Did you bring one?

All the kids turned toward her, several of them laughed. The only ones not laughing were Sue, Tommy, and his friend George Dawson (Demetrius Joyette), who had taken seats along the back of the class to keep tabs over Carrie. To even suggest that Carrie was nervous was without question an understatement.

Carrie: Yeah.

Ulmann: Why don't you come to the front of the class and share it with us all?

Carrie slowly got up from her seat and cautiously made her way down toward the front of the class. Sue, Tommy, and George whose desks are next to Carrie's, could see how uncomfortable she appeared to be. The other students quietly snickered as she approached the front. Soon as she stood at the front of the room, facing the entire class, she kept her eyes on her book and read her poem of choice.

Carrie: 'This unfrequented place to find some ease, ease to the body some, none to the mind. Times past, and what once I was and what am now o wherefore was my birth from Heaven foretold. Twice by an Angel, who at last in sight of both my parents all in flames... ascended.'

George: Uh... did you get that?

He whispered to Freddy.

Ulmann: Okay, uh, that was, uh... Disturbing.

The other kids laughed, especially Tina, who clearly had Ulmann's ear. Tommy, sitting between the students, merely glared toward Ulmann angrily.

Ulmann: This is the most you've said all year. Is there anything else you wanna add or are you done scaring us for the day?

Tommy: Asshole.

He muttered, under his breath.

The other students turned and gasped toward him. There was no doubt everyone heard him, especially the teacher.

Ulmann: Excuse me, Mr. Ross. Did you say something?

Tommy: I said, "Bat." I just thought about the Bat's wings.

Carrie was a little taken aback hearing that but felt a little relaxed hearing someone like Bat.

Tommy: Didn't you, Mr. Ulmann?

As Carrie started walking back to her seat.

Ulmann: All right, who's next?

He looked around.

Ulmann: Uh... Nicki. I mean, Lizzy.

He corrected himself having to idea who one of the twins was which.

Carrie kept her head as low as possible. She pushed some hair in front of her face hoping to stay hidden. She peeked over toward Tommy, who just smiled at her with an assuring wink. Sue and George spotted this right away, immediately realizing what was going on.

Ulmann: I... the Bat- Uh, the Batman.

The other students toward him. Carrie thinks of Batman.

Ulmann: The Batman.

The other kids laughed at Ulmann.

Ulmann: All right. Batman is gone. Shut up!

The other kids stopped laughing.

Ulmann: THAT STOPPED LAUGHING AT ME! SHUT UP!

The other kids gasped, groaned, and looked down.

Tommy: Sue. I think Mr. Ulmann has a crush.

Sue: I did so.

She nods.

Sue: The Bat's got a name?

Tommy: The Batman, Sue.

Sue: Batman.

Carrie looked at Sue and Tommy and they wasn't looking. She turned and looked down.

Carrie: Batman is gone.

Sadly, Carrie was slightly sad to Batman, what happened to him. Batman's absence and gone......

Throughout her entire high school years Carrie's always had a wrong on Sue and Tommy and wished they could be together.

Though the chances of that happening was really low she thought since they were two completely different people.

Sue turned to her left and saw this and an idea formed in her head. A way to redeem herself after what she did yesterday in the lockers room......

Later at the Ship, Brainiac looked at Earth as a hologram.

Brainiac: The people sealed their Earth's fate. The Era of a careless, dangerous civilization...comes to a close. The Kryptonian.

He with an evil smile.

(Eleanor Snell and John Hargensen in the next chapter......)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 928 35
The wedding of Oliver and Felicity is arriving and everyone is happy about it, but there's 2 people that doesn't feel that way, Barry Allen from Eart...
47.6K 1K 5
To get a break from her class Mari signes up for a student exchange program. she well be staying with the Kent's.
7.1K 248 18
Kara Zor-El, Daughter of Allura and Zar El. When she was 13, her home planet of Krypton exploded, and her pod got nicked off course. We all know of h...
9K 247 52
War is on the horizon as Superman prepare his army for the invasion against the Green Laterans Corp. With very little hope remaining and Batman under...