TALE OF KHUSHI THE GOLD DIGGE...

By LillyZilin

If you loved the first season of TOKTGD, you will love this too. Peep in to know more.. More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1- GAME BEGINS
CHAPTER 2- HER OPPONENT
CHAPTER 4- REAL AND FAKE
CHAPTER 5- I'M NOT HIM, NOT ANYMORE
CHAPTER 6- BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER
CHAPTER 7- WE ARE ALIKE
CHAPTER 8- I WANT TO LIVE/DIE
CHARACTER SKETCH SO FAR..
CHAPTER 9- IT'S HURTING ME
CHAPTER 10- BEHIND THE FACADE
CHAPTER 11- FAIR OR UNFAIR
CHAPTER 12- YOU'RE... YOU
CHAPTER 13- BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 14- HIS WIFE, HER HUSBAND

CHAPTER 3- A DAY TO REMEMBER

1.2K 122 32
By LillyZilin

Ashram..

Subatra Devi looked at the letter feeling horrified that Anjali's marriage was broken and she is getting married again, that too with Raghavendra Pratap Rathore.

Ratna was adamant on getting Anjali married to Raghu, her friend Usha's son. Compare to Malik family, Rathore family was hundred times more powerful.

Arvind was elated to have such family as in law but... Subatra knew there was something brewing inside that Rathore family. She tried to explain it her son, saying she was getting bad feelings about that alliance but her son refused to listen to this old lady.

Then on the day of marriage, her daughter in law and son commit suicide. To this day she believes that this is all because of certain curse of Rathore family.

Then she also heard the news of union between ahuja and Rathore, Raghu married Ahuja's daughter. But that happiness also didn't last very long when their ancestoral home caught on fire causing Shiv Rathore and his wife's death. Yashna also died soon after giving birth to her son.

Leaving Raghavendra Pratap Rathore all alone.

It's almost like he is the cursed one. Now he is marrying Anjali again? Is Anjali seeking death? That guy is a very bad news to any woman..

"Maa Ji, please have your medicines." Subatra saw her caretaker handing her medicine and a glass of water.

"My family is leading toward a chaos unknowingly.. I must go there.. To Delhi as soon as possible. Neelam you also come with me." Dadi said urgently.

"Ji? Me? But.." Neelam was taken aback by sudden invitation leaving the ashram, she been here for almost 6 years taking care of Subatra Devi Malik ever since but this is the first time she is going out.

"We're leaving." Subatra command, leaving her no choice but to obey.

___________

The next day,

Everyone in the family are quite surprised seeing Dadi so suddenly, she didn't even bother inform them about visit.

"Subha? What a sudden visit?" Nani asked, Dadi sat down while HP served her a cup of hot tea without sugar.

Dadi dismissed HP, she doesn't like have servants around when they are having family talks.. But Neelam stayed by her side.

"I don't find need to inform when you also didn't bother inform me about my grandkids life. I left them in your care after Avish (her second son) threw them out.. But I never abandoned them. I still care for them.." She expressed her regrets.

"Subha.."

Dadi decide to be straight to the point, "I heard Anjali is marrying Rathore? Is that right?"

Nani gulped while Anjali spoke up, "Haan Dadi."

Subatra control her emotions, "Anjali, the last time you tried marry, we lost two of our family in a tragedy. Do you wish for the same to happen again?"

Anjali felt all of this stuff absurd, "Dadi, I didn't believe in it anymore.. I prayed day and night but my former husband turn out to be a scum.. Rathore is a good man and I believe my life with be better with him." Anjali is determined to be Mrs RATHORE after all.

Mamiji also agreed, "Haan that two timing bastard totally destroyed Anjali's trust."

Dadi sighed, "Call pandit, I would like check out if there anything wrong with their kundali."

"Sure Subha." Nani agreed.

Dadi glanced at Mamiji, "And you, while are wearing so much make up and jewellery at home? Is this house or circus?"

Payal's almost laughed when she heard that, she always stay away from their affair but she was caught off guard when a new relative arrived all of a sudden.

Why she no longer care? She and Akash are going to settle down to the Singapore. No dramas no more headaches.. She want nothing to do with the family that hurted her sister.

Mami fumed in anger hearing that but keeping her position in mind she stayed silent.

"Go prepared my room, I want my room neat and clean, make sure there is no dust. Understand?" Dadi asked in commanding tone.

"Ji.."Mamiji fled immediately in fear.

Dadi smiled at Neelam," She is my caretaker Neelam. Remember that I had stroke after Arvind's death? Both of my feet were paralysed, My recovery was slow but after she came and she took great care of me.. I recovered and much better." Even though she sometimes need to use wheelchair, her condition significantly improved than her previous state.

"Namaste." Neelam folded her hands.

"Namaste bitiya.." Nani replied slowly.

While Anjali keep look at her from head to toe.. Neelam's face is covered with her veil, she wearing a long sleeve blouse with her saree covering her entire body.

"Why are you dressing like this?" Anjali asked.

Neelam was a bit hesitant to say..

"Anjali bitiya, don't be rude.." Nani chilled her.

Dadi answered Anjali's question instead of Neelam, "She suffered from fire accident, she is hiding those scar. Don't make her uncomfortable, she is my savior. She is going to stay with me." Dadi stated and stood up.

"I will go test some rest, this old bone of mine is aching after a long travel. Let's go Neelam." Dadi said, pulling Neelam with her.

"Ji."

Leaving upset looking Anjali and Nani behind.
___________

Arnav reached home late after hectic work day, he is currently clearing all of his important work early to have more time spend with Khushi.

Making himself available for Khushi is important task after all.

Then his phone ranged, from unknown number.. He picked it up.

"Hello?"

"It's me." It was Khushi, his face brighten up hearing her voice.

"Khushi? What a surprise, I mean I was actually thinking of you just right now." He said honestly.

"Is that so? Why?" She asked in amusement, he once played with her heart.. She want give him a tit for tat.

"It just.. I'm missing you khushi, everything around me reminds me of you. This bed that once had your pink bedsheet, bathroom that we always had to fight go first, pool where I kiss you, then you kiss me.. My plants... Everything." Remorse washed over him, why did he be so stupid to believe Shyam over his khushi.. She was innocent all along.

With a bitter smile, Khushi said." But I don't. Ever since I met Rathore my life became better than ever, nothing here remind me of you.."

In past, the words that came out of his mouth were harsh and cold but now everything is upside down, she became bitter.

The same girl who was sweeter than ever," Khushi, Because my past.. Where my father cheated on my mother, she killed herself.. I was afraid that the same thing will happen to Di. I'm sorry not trusting you." His voice were soft yet sad.

Khushi gripped her phone tightly, "So? What does your mom have to do with me? If your father cheated that is your father's fault. Same with Shyam.. Why always placing blame on woman? You let Shyam roam around freely in your house while trapping me with a lock called marriage. Placing me under same roof as him, do you know what that creep do when you're not around?"

An uneasy feeling crawled up the nape of his neck, just thinking of her words.

" Khushi.. "

" Mr Raizada, do you what Rathore would have done if he was there? HE WOULD SKIN SHYAM ALIVE, I'M NOT JOKING BUT LITERALLY. " Her heart had grown too rigid to shed a single drop tear for those are unworthy for her to think of.

He felt ashamed," Khushi I admit that I was a scumbag.. Too arrogant to accept that I have fell in love with you, when I saw you that man's arms.. I lost it.."

"Sure, and married me by force.. I knew it already. Can we stop? I have work tomorrow and unlike you I'm quite busy." She shut him off by ruthlessly interrupted him.

He then heard her sigh, "Raizada, I actually called you to remind you something."

"What is it?"

"Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, I just wanted to remind you that." She whispered leaving him speechless.

She burn him with her fire like words than also soothe him, she changed so much but who changed her? It's him..
What can he say? Happy anniversary? When they are currently separated?

His words never fails to betray him when he needs them the most.

And why is she telling him this?

A bitter smile tugged at the corners of her mouth.

With sudden clarity in her voice, she spoke. "Marrying a man for six months with a contract, staying under a same roof. What a cheap woman.. Huh? But that same situation doesn't effect you at all? Think Raizada.. Until then see you again soon." She cuts the left him sleepless that night.

While she slept like baby, why? They say only the guilty will have hard time sleeping...

___________

On other side, Veer look around his father study investigating..

Found his mother and dad's wedding album.
Both of them smiling happily, holding hands..

Then on the same album he took out the photo of his dad's late parents.

Tomorrow is his birthday, the day his mother died.. Also the day his father late parents died in fire..

He often heard his dad saying, "You're the reason why I'm still living."

Tomorrow when doing rituals for his mumma, they also should the ritual for his grandparents.

"Dad.. I'm here so don't be sad ok..." He murmured as he took the photo of his grandparents with him.

And sneak out of the study room..

____________

At late night..

Dream..

"Mom! Dad! Please don't lock Raghu up here! I'm scared please let Raghu out! Raghu will listen to you well! Please don't lock Raghu here.." He begged knock the garden storage room door but no one answer..

He waited..

"Raghu.. Will be good.. Please don't hate Raghu.."

He waited..

"Mom.. Dad.. I'm hungry.. So thirsty.. Please.. Please.."

He waited..

Forth day passed but his parents have forgotten him..

Night of the forth day, the door opened but it's not his parents.. But..

"You.."

"Young master."

Raghu woke up, drenched in sweat. Looked at the time, passed midnight..

He went out for a walk, he reached the garden, looked up at the stars..

"Yashna, Khushi told me that you might have become star.. Even though I felt it is absurd.. But still.. I feel guilty for failing you, I brought up veer by myself all these years.. The pain and abuse I suffered through my childhood, I never let it reach him. Still I couldn't fill your place.. Still I'm glad I have avenged you.. "

He took a deep breath, blinking his dizzy eyes.

Look at his hands..

After all, I have killed those people who killed you..

MY SO CALLED PARENTS..

To be continued...

Hey guys please let me know what you think of this chapter, did you like it? I'm reading every comment.. I'm glad you all are enjoying the story so far. Ps : Dadi in this story will be a good character.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 3.6K 20
ASR FALLS FOR KHUSHI AT FIRST SIGHT AND WANTS TO MAKE HER HIS. WILL SHE ACCEPT A MAN WHO HATED THE WORD MARRIAGE? WILL DADI WHO TREASURE KHUSHI LET A...
151K 5.6K 14
#1 in Arshi as of 20th August 2020 Khushi leaves Raizada Mansion without any explanations as soon as the contract expired after six months. [Note: I...
319K 18.7K 60
They say, "Blood is thicker than water" In her case Blood means her family sells her off to the richest man in India for money. Water means her in-la...
201K 7.7K 17
Some promises are meant to be broken. But what compelled Arnav to abandon the one he once loved? Let's take another journey into our beloved ArShi wo...