THE ROAD TO LOVE

By LoveloreVK

In the high-octane world of underground racing, Taehyung reigns supreme as the undisputed king of the track... More

•INTRODUCTION•
•CHAPTER 1 : PROLOGUE•
•CHAPTER 3 : THE START OF RIVALRY•
•CHAPTER 4 : THE TALK OF THE CHALLENGE•
•CHAPTER 5 : THE BLAME GAME•

•CHAPTER 2 : EXPOSITION•

16 3 0
By LoveloreVK

As a young boy, Taehyung's fascination with cars was evident from an early age. He would spend hours watching racing videos, dreaming of the day he could sit behind the wheel and feel the thrill of the track beneath him.

One fateful day, Taehyung stumbled upon a local racing event in his neighborhood. The sound of roaring engines and the sight of sleek cars speeding past ignited a fire within him, and he knew in that moment that he had found his calling.

Determined to pursue his passion, Taehyung poured his heart and soul into learning everything he could about racing. He spent countless hours practicing on makeshift tracks, honing his skills and pushing himself to the limit.

As word of Taehyung's talent spread, he quickly gained a reputation as a rising star in the racing world. His natural skill and fearless determination set him apart from the competition, and before long, he was winning races and capturing the attention of fans and sponsors alike.

But despite his success, Taehyung's father disapproved of his son's chosen path. He saw racing as a reckless pursuit, a dangerous obsession that would lead Taehyung down the wrong path. The two clashed often, their arguments escalating into heated exchanges as Taehyung fought to follow his dreams against his father's wishes.

"You'll never amount to anything if you continue down this path," his father would admonish, his voice tinged with disappointment.

But Taehyung refused to back down. With fire in his eyes and determination in his heart, he made the difficult decision to leave home and pursue his dreams on his own terms.

"I may not have your approval, Father," Taehyung declared, his voice steady with resolve, "but I will prove to you and to myself that I am meant for greatness."

And with those words, Taehyung set out into the world, ready to carve his own path and prove to the world that he was destined for glory.

In Taehyung's youth, his passion for racing was both his salvation and his struggle. Growing up in a challenging environment, Taehyung found solace in the thrill of the racetrack. However, his intense drive and relentless pursuit of perfection masked deeper issues lurking beneath the surface.

Taehyung exhibited symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), characterized by intrusive thoughts and compulsive behaviors. His fixation on racing became all-consuming, leading to rigid routines and rituals designed to alleviate his anxiety and maintain a sense of control.

As Taehyung's racing career gained momentum, his OCD symptoms intensified. He became hyper-focused on every aspect of his performance, from the meticulous preparation of his car to the precise execution of each maneuver on the track. Any deviation from his carefully crafted routine would trigger overwhelming feelings of distress and uncertainty.

Despite his outward success, Taehyung's inner turmoil threatened to derail his dreams. His OCD symptoms left him trapped in a cycle of obsession and compulsion, unable to break free from the grip of his own mind. The constant need for control and perfectionism took a toll on his mental health, leaving him exhausted and depleted.

In a moment of clarity, Taehyung sought help from a therapist specializing in OCD treatment. Though at a particular point of time he got a little control over his compulsive and obsessive behaviour, he was still entrapped in the circle of OCD.

And during all his hardships, Taehyung found a person who he is so grateful for, even till now. In the bustling streets of their neighborhood, Taehyung, in his early 20s, found himself drawn to the sound of laughter and music emanating from a nearby park. Curious, he followed the sounds until he stumbled upon a group of kids playing soccer with a person with a bright smile and an infectious energy, who looked like nearly his age, that immediately caught Taehyung's attention.

That boy was Jimin—a bundle of joy and charisma who welcomed Taehyung with open arms. Despite their different backgrounds and personalities, the two boys formed an instant connection, bonding over their shared love for adventure and excitement.

As they spent more time together, Taehyung and Jimin discovered they had more in common than they initially realized. Both harbored dreams of escaping their mundane surroundings and chasing after something greater. They shared stories of their hopes and aspirations, fueling each other's ambitions with their unwavering support and encouragement.

Through thick and thin, Taehyung and Jimin stood by each other's side, navigating the ups and downs of adulthood together. They laughed, they cried, they faced challenges head-on, but through it all, their friendship remained steadfast and unbreakable.

From spontaneous adventures to heartfelt conversations under the stars, Taehyung and Jimin forged memories that would last a lifetime. They became each other's confidants, allies, and partners in crime, bound together by a bond that transcended time and space.

But soon Jimin began to notice certain patterns and behaviors in Taehyung's daily life that seemed out of the ordinary. He observed Taehyung engaging in repetitive actions or rituals, such as checking and rechecking his car before a race, organizing his belongings with meticulous precision, or becoming visibly distressed when things deviate from his usual routine.

At first, Jimin didn't fully understand the significance of these behaviors, but as he got to know Taehyung better, he started to connect the dots. He noticed that Taehyung became particularly anxious or agitated in certain situations, and he witnessed firsthand the toll that Taehyung's OCD takes on his mental health and well-being.

As their friendship deepens, Taehyung eventually confide Jimin about his struggles with OCD, sharing his innermost thoughts and fears with someone he trusts implicitly. Alternatively, Jimin broached the topic gently, expressing his concern and offering his support in a nonjudgmental way.

Regardless of how the conversation unfolds, Jimin's unwavering acceptance and understanding served as a source of comfort and reassurance for Taehyung. With Jimin by his side, Taehyung felt less alone in his struggles, knowing that he had someone who accepted him for who he is, OCD and all.

And as they embarked on the journey of life together, Taehyung and Jimin knew that no matter where their paths may lead, they would always have each other—to laugh with, to lean on, and to share in the joys and sorrows of life's greatest adventures. And by the destiny's fate, they both are still together even after years, as the top racers of the renowned racing team - Midnight Mavericks.

Jeongguk's journey to becoming a CEO was marked by ambition, determination, and a relentless pursuit of excellence. From a young age, he exhibited a natural aptitude for leadership and innovation, traits that would serve him well in the business world.

Growing up in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, Jeongguk was drawn to the thrill of competition and the excitement of the racetrack. He spent countless hours watching races, studying the strategies of top drivers, and dreaming of the day he could join their ranks.

Despite his passion for racing, Jeongguk also possessed a keen intellect and a drive to succeed in other areas. He excelled academically, earning top grades and accolades throughout his schooling. His entrepreneurial spirit was evident from a young age, as he started his first business venture—a small online startup—while still in high school.

As Jeongguk pursued his education and honed his business acumen, his love for racing never waned. He found ways to incorporate his passion into his professional pursuits, leveraging his knowledge of the automotive and tech industry to gain a competitive edge in the business world.

Through hard work, perseverance, and a strategic mindset, Jeongguk rose through the ranks of the corporate world, eventually ascending to the position of CEO of his own company. His leadership style was characterized by innovation, vision, and a relentless pursuit of excellence, traits that mirrored his approach to racing.

Despite his demanding schedule as a CEO, Jeongguk always made time for his true passion—racing. Whether it was competing in high-stakes events or simply enjoying a leisurely drive on the open road, the thrill of the racetrack remained a constant source of inspiration and excitement for him.

In Jeongguk's eyes, racing wasn't just a hobby—it was a way of life. It fueled his ambition, ignited his competitive spirit, and reminded him of the boundless possibilities that lay ahead. And as he navigated the twists and turns of his career, Jeongguk never lost sight of the thrill of the race, always striving to push himself to new heights and conquer new challenges, both on and off the track.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

Some important points about Taehyung's OCD.

Since his OCD is on the basis of racing, so if he wins a race, he may experience a temporary sense of relief and validation. His meticulous preparation and attention to detail would feel justified, and he may view the victory as evidence of his control over the situation. However, this feeling of satisfaction could quickly give way to anxiety about maintaining his winning streak.

Conversely, when Taehyung loses a race, his OCD symptoms may intensify. He may engage in obsessive rumination, replaying the race over and over in his mind, searching for any mistakes or flaws that may have contributed to his defeat. Taehyung may experience overwhelming feelings of guilt and self-doubt, questioning his abilities and worth as a racer. He may feel compelled to engage in compulsive behaviors, such as excessive training or analysis of his racing car, in an attempt to regain a sense of control and certainty.

And if by chance he gets mocked regarding his racing, he may act by showing avoidance behavior or responding defensively or aggressively. He may also experience anxiety and panic attacks, increased heart beat, sweating, dizziness or trembling, in certain scenarios.

Anyways, here's the Chapter-2, to make you known about the main leads and their past lives more.

Now the book will focus on the present storyline <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

634K 20.5K 73
Jeon Jungkook: A 26 year old rude and short tempered CEO of JK Jewels and Cars. Very ruthless with his words. His employees are absolutely terrified...
36.8K 2.4K 18
━━━ 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 ➷ 𝐓𝐀𝐄𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 Two people who should never have crossed paths were brought together by circums...
139K 7K 41
Jeongguk, as any normal student would, has a crush on the university's popular boy, who unfortunately is a fuck boy. But for a matter of fact, he doe...
417K 21K 27
(complete) ✅ " Are you fucking mad? Why the fuck did you do this ?" - Taehyung "Because it's so satisfying" - Jungkook "Wait no... W-what do you th...