✓ | cool for the summer, sim...

By -saebyeok

❝ you look pretty, by the way. ❞ ❝ whatever, jake. ❞ ❝ i meant it, isabel, you look beautiful. ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈�... More

𝓒OOL FOR THE SUMMER.
SOUNDTRACK
𝟎𝟎. ( prologue. )
𝟎𝟏. ( the new isabel park. )
𝟎𝟐. ( jake sim. )
𝟎𝟑. ( the love story. )
𝟎𝟒. ( why? )
𝟎𝟓. ( 'don't be jealous, jake.' )
𝟎𝟔. ( jake? )
𝟎𝟕. ( the gumball machine. )
𝟎𝟖. ( making a mess. )
𝟎𝟗. ( may the best park win. )
𝟏𝟎. ( can i touch you? )
𝟏𝟏. ( changing. )
𝟏𝟐. ( chaos. )
𝟏𝟑. ( 'something's wrong with me.' )
𝟏𝟒. ( a blackout. )
𝟏𝟓. ( interrupted. )
𝟏𝟔. ( obvious. )
𝟏𝟕. ( 'just for you.' )
𝟏𝟖. ( her deepest secret. )
𝟏𝟗. ( all is revealed.)
𝟐𝟎. ( the note. )
𝟐𝟏. ( amusement park chronicles. )
𝟐𝟐. ( sjy. )
𝟐𝟑. ( all they needed. )
𝟐𝟒. ( take the hint. )
𝟐𝟓. ( mine. )
𝟐𝟔. ( butterflies and goodbyes. )
𝟐𝟕. ( wasn't he gay? )
𝟐𝟖. ( overthinking. )
𝟐𝟗. ( perfect. )
𝟑𝟎. ( the 'annual' winter party. )
𝟑𝟐. ( proposal. )
𝟑𝟑. ( finally hers. )
𝟑𝟒. ( the end. )
THANK YOU !

𝟑𝟏. ( who her heart desired. )

1.8K 120 176
By -saebyeok

"YOU'RE DATING MY sister?" Jay Park snarled in a mixture of shock, disgust and anger; his eyes burning holes into Jake as his jaw clenched and his face grimaced. "What the fuck?! — so this is why you've been avoiding the girls in college like the plague?! Because you're with her?!" He snapped, fury lacing his voice as his vision blurred with vexation.

"Jay, I can explain —" before Jake had time to finish his sentence, his best friend had gripped him by the collar of his shirt, shoving Jake away from him and making him stumble back, slightly.

"No, shut the fuck up, you dickhead, that's my little sister!" Jay argued, shaking his head as he pointed to Isabel, who stood in astonishment as her cheeks burning red with embarrassment because everybody at the party had seemed to gather around; the music having been turned down once Jay's yells had become louder than it.

"Look, Jay, we love each other —" Once again, just as Jake had begun his sentence, desperate to try and get through to his friend, his actions were put to a halt by Jay, who hit his clenched fist against the side of his face, causing the Sim boys bottom lip to tear and for crimson liquid to soon start seeping from it.

"Jay, what the hell!" Issy gasped, stepping in front of Jake, protectively, who wiped away the blood from his mouth; his eyes now becoming dark with anger and annoyance.

Why wouldn't Jay allow them to explain? Hear them out?

"Let's just go somewhere else to talk about this." She suggested, grabbing onto her brothers wrist to take him to a quieter place in their home and away from the crowd. She wasn't going to fall out with her brother because she fell in love.

However, as quick as her hand latched onto him, the quicker it was thrown off, making her knock against the wall; a wince of pain escaping her lips as the back of her head collided with the wall — and just as she looked up from the floor, her eyes widened in fear at the sight of Jake and Jay fighting.

Screams and cheers were heard throughout the house and flashes from people's phones that were desperately trying to film the fight were brightly shining in Issy's eyes, causing her breathing to increase as panic to fill her body, though, it wasn't long until Niki appeared on the scene, confusion spilling onto his features as he grabbed hold of Jay's shirt, pulling him away from the Sim boy and standing between them.

Jay let out a scoff, shaking his head in disapproval as he ran a hand through his hair, fixing his untidy top with his other. "I told you both," He began, glancing between them, his jaw tightening — however this time it wasn't because of anger, but instead to prevent himself from getting upset.

"I told you both so many times that I didn't want anything happening between you." Jay stated, biting his bottom lip in frustration. "Jake, you're suppose to be my best friend... What the fuck, man... What the fuck..." He breathed out, taking one final look at the couple before turning around, pushing his way through the swarm of people, yelling at those who got in his way before exiting his home.

The air around Issy felt suffocating and she could feel her eyes begin to well with tears as her heart ached. She didn't want to hurt her older brother and she hated that she did, but she couldn't help who her heart desired.

And so, she turned her head to look over at her lover, who was now sat on the sofa now that everybody had parted ways, getting back to their own thing. He had his head in his hands, his knuckles flaming red, and a few smudges of his blood around his mouth and nose.

Not only had he felt like he'd lost his best friend, but it felt as if he lost the love of his life, also.

Sighing heavily, Jake raised his head, looking over at the girl that was already watching him with broken eyes, and he stood up, heading towards her. He gently placed his hand on the side of her face; his thumb caressing her cheek.

"Go, Issy..." He instructed just above a whisper, making Isabel's heart break even more and her lip quiver. "He's your brother, you should go after him."

Nodding her head, slowly, Issy reached up and moved a few of the fallen strands away from Jake's bruised face and parted her lips to speak, however the boy before her beat her to it; answering her question before she even had the chance to ask.

"I'll be here when you come back, don't worry." He reassured, leaning down and planting a soft kiss on her cheek before removing his hands from her face and turning away from her, making Issy sigh before she mirrored her brothers actions and pushed past the people in her way.

She needed to find Jay and explain to him the entire situation.

And so, once the cold, winter air hit her tear stained face, instantly drying the wet patches that decorated her cheeks, she folded her arms around her body, desperate to seek warmth.

Her dark eyes scanned the front garden as she stood on the porch and for a moment, she felt her shoulders slump in disappointment at the thought of Jay leaving, though, she soon spotted him unlocking the door to his car, about to get inside.

Isabel's brows furrowed in confusion and she hurriedly walked over to him, his name falling from her lips, effortlessly. "What are you doing?" She questioned, grabbing his arm and pulling him away from his car. "Are you stupid? You're drunk, Jay, you're not driving."

"Why do you care?" Jay spat, refusing to look at her at all cost as he ran a hand through his hair. "You've already shown you don't care about me by going against my will... So, stop trying to act like... you care." He slurred.

"Jay, I do care, I really do." She informed her brother, looking up at him. "I waited four years, Jay. I tried to get over him but I just couldn't..." Issy revealed as she felt her throat tighten with emotion.

"Couldn't you of waited longer? Waited until he was married or something?"

"Gosh, Jay, do you hear yourself right now?" Isabel soon snapped, fed up with his behavior and annoyed at his most recent sentence. "If there's anyone that doesn't care in this situation, it's you." She firmly stated, biting back the frustrated tears that were threading to spill.

"What are you talking about? You're the one dating my best friend... Why him, Isabel? Why?" Jay's voice cracked as the words left his mouth, and he instantly began feeling himself begin to sober up; the tears that were brimming his eyes feeling as if they were soaking up the alcohol.

"Because, Jay," She breathed out, shaking her head ever so slightly. "We love each other, we both do. Not just me, and if you cared about either of us, you would allow us to be together — not deprive us from one another."

Jay remained silent and his (now softened) eyes slowly turned to look down at his sister. He bit down on his lip, the anger leaving his body as he sighed, heavily.

"Please, Jay..." Issy pleaded. "Don't be mad at me, you're my older brother... I love you so much and it would kill me knowing someone so important to me hates me."

"I don't hate you, Issy..." The boy denied. "I'm just... shocked because I didn't think Jake would actually like you back..."

Immediately, Isabel felt her brows crease as confusion consumed her body. She wasn't so sure how to take his comment.

"I mean, I always knew you had a thing for him — it was obvious, Issy," Jay said, letting out a small chuckle. "I just didn't expect Jake to ignore the many times I've told him your off limits, that's all." He shrugged and quickly, a smile tugged at the corner of Isabel's lips as she rolled her eyes.

"It wasn't that obvious—"

"It was. Everyone knew."

"No, they didn't."

"Yes, they did."

"Whatever." Isabel soon sighed, rolling her eyes once again. "I'm sorry, Jay, I really am." She apologized and Jay shook his head slightly, opening his arms for a hug.

"It's alright," He stated as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "I guess I could get use to it, but Jake's got a lot of apologizing to do. I think I might make him my slave for the day." He laughed out, and soon, the siblings began to make their way back to the party; their arms still around one another as Jay asked numerous questions about their relationship.

"Wait, you guys haven't kissed, right?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 3.5K 41
Estela is in love with her best friend. While trying to confess, she somehow gets interrupted by a tall, black haired guy that pretty much just tells...
38.4K 1.1K 13
HEESUN STORY The popular k-pop boy band Enhypen is the new craze in the world. It's members Lee Heeseung, Park Jay, Sim Jake, Park Sunghoon, Yang Jun...
90.7K 4.7K 30
❝ 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❞ ❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. ❞ After the death of her first love, Hyejin decided to move on with her life without him, even th...
179K 6.4K 27
Sim Y/n and Yang Jungwon, breaking all the rules of the classic love story. She's the popular one, she's the the rich one, and she's the one to make...