The Ghost Upstairs (A Ghost S...

Por HelloBello

Leanne, Ashleigh, Noah, and Elijah are sucked up in a murder that happened over 100 years ago. A man had bee... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15, Part I
Chapter 15, Part II

Chapter 2

832 2 1
Por HelloBello

PHOTO OF NOAH-------------------------->

----------------------------------------------

I woke up on something soft, I felt something cold on my forehead that was dripping slowly by my temples, I felt something holding my hand.  I moved my head a little, confused about my surroundings.

"She's awake!  She's awake!" I heard a voice saying quietly, but loudly too.  I recognized the voice as Ashleigh's.  I took my hand away and felt the thing on my forehead, which had a pounding headache.  It was a wet towel.  I sat up, but a hand on my shoulder gently pushed me down.  I didn't resist.

"W-what happened?" I asked, slowly becoming more and more aware of my surroundings, and coming to.

It was Elijah who answered my question "When we were upstairs, the ghost had taken you.  You passed out,  but you were spasaming too.  Like you had a seizure.  After you stopped spasaming, we took you back downstairs."

I stared at the ceiling as he spoke, taking pauses every few words.  I nodded my head a little and said "Okay."

"We called the doctor and they said when you wake up to give you water and some Ibuprofen.  Then not to leave you, as you could have a concussion, you hit the floor pretty hard.  He said bring you to him if you feel dizzy for more than an hour.  Here you go." Noah said, as he walked up to me and handed me 2 little red pills and a sports bottle of water. "Don't drink too much water, we don't want you vomiting."

I nodded slowly as I felt the water slide down my parched and itchy throat.  It felt as if I had been in the desert for a year.  "Is that all that happened?  All I did was spasm on the floor?  What happened to the ghost?"

This time Ashleigh piped up "You spasmed on and off.  This happened for about 45 minutes before you stopped spasming, then the boys decided it was safe to carry you down.  The ghost disappeared after you had stopped spasming, as if he were doing something to you.  Do you remember anything after you blacked out?"

I went deep into thought.  Did I?  All I remember was them calling my name, and then I blacked out.  I remember after I blacked out, hearing yelling, and I saw a different surrounding, but that wasn't important so I said

"No,  I don't remember anything." I said

There was a moment of silence.  Finally I felt my eyes start to droop.  "What time is it?" I murmured, half asleep.

"It's 10 AM."  Elijah said.  I nodded off.  I was awaken again a while later.  "What time is it now?" I asked drowsily.

"It's 10:59.  Do you feel dizzy?"  Someone asked hurridly.

"Uhm, not really.  Just drowsy from sleep.  But not dizzy."  I replied, my headache was still there, but it was weaker.

"Okay.  Well Ashleigh and Noah went.  We decided to take turns taking care of you.  I'll be here with you until 1.  We decided to take 3 hour shifts during the day, and then someone appointed for the night shift all night."

"How long will this go on?"  I asked, sitting up slowly, blinking.

"For two weeks, the doctor also said to keep watch on you for two weeks, in case there are delayed reactions.  And after we stop, if you feel dizzy or sick for no reason, call one of us immediately. Kapiche? " He said.

My stomach started growling.  "I'm hungry..."  "Okay, let me bring you some soup and bread.  We don't want you eating too heavily yet."

I adjusted myself and turned on the TV.  My eyes had sleep in them and I wiped it away.  I remembered I was wearing a thin purple tank top and shorts from the night before.  Before I heard the microwave ding, I asked Elijah to bring me my sweatshirt.  Soon he brought me my sweatshirt, I took the white fleece blanket off the back of the couch and layed it over my legs.

Soon Elijah came carrying a tray of delicious smelling soup and one small slice of white bread.  He set it down on my lap and I inhaled deeply.  I felt the couch shift slightly as Elijah sat closer to me.

I picked up the spoon, realizing how bad I was shaking, I dipped the spoon in and took out some soup and ate it, feeling the warmness wash through my mouth, and slide down my throat.  I looked at the TV which was still on Not Alone.

"Are you sure you can't remember anything?" Elijah asked suddenly.

"Well, after I blacked out, I remember hearing shouting, lots of it.   So I concluded it wasn't you, I also only saw a dull grey sky, and that's all I can remember." I said, slowly thinking it out.

Elijah nodded.  Digesting the thought.  "Do you think, he was trying to bring you back to his time?  Maybe he had an unsolved mystery he couldn't fix himself?"

"No, that's ridiculous, Elijah.  There's no such thing as time travel, and that goes for ghosts too.  We can always look up who lived there, and maybe how he died, but I doubt he would bring us back in time." I concluded.

"Hm, it's twelve.  I have a whole hour to kill with you.  What do you want to do?  Maybe you should get dressed.  Your breath and yourself don't smell the best." He said.

I playfully punched his shoulder.  I had finished up my soup and got up.  I went into my room and pulled out black, loose sweat pants.  I took off my sweatshirt and changed into a purple tee shirt that said 'You're mad, I'm glad, too bad, so sad' Across the front.  I slipped back into the sweatshirt and walked back outside.  Elijah was still sitting on the couch, watching the TV.  He had changed it to the news.

I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.  I brushed my teeth.  Then I straightened my hair and brushed it out, pinning my bangs to the side.  I teased my hair underneath to boost it up.  My hair was relatively thin, so I teased the underside to make my hair look thicker.

I walked back out and slipped on my old, well worn black sneakers.  I stood in front of Elijah.  He looked up and his mouth dropped a little.

I laughed, I knew he liked me.  "Something wrong?" I asked.

"Uhm, no...You wanna go somewhere?  I've got half an hour left with you.  What do you want to do?" He asked.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" I suggested.

"Okay, but the second you feel sick or dizzy I'm going to CARRY you back here."  He put emphasis on carry.  I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine."  I said, he got up and we walked out the door.  The light was blinding, but I was fine.  I didn't really open the curtains in the living room because people often walked in front of them, and the windows are head level.

We walked down the street.  We went to the local park and sat on a bench.  We talked a little more about what had happened the night before.

"Remember when Noah and Ashleigh tried to get out the door?  But it closed?" He asked, I nodded my head "Well, they think the ghost closed the door.  I think he was going to try and get all of us." He continued. It was my turn for my mouth to open a little "But he couldn't, he could only get to you, so he let the door open.  Did you know, until you stopped spasming, the door wouldn't open?  It's like he was using you kind of...Like you got possessed."

"So you mean to tell me, I was being possessed for 45 minutes, and that I was the one who closed the door?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, you indirectly closed the door.  Seeing as he was a ghost, and most ghosts can't really touch things, he might have, taken part of you, metaphorically and opened the door." He replied.

"But he grabbed me, and he was banging on his floor.  So he must be able to close and maneuver things." I said, confused. "What if there was more than one ghost?  Maybe he had a wife, or a kid that died there."

"That's very much possible, Leanne.  Maybe he had another ghost working with him.  Well, Noah, Ashleigh, and I are going back to investigate.  But we're going to have a plan this time.  You want in?" He said.

"Of course!" I replied happily.  "What's the plan?"

"Okay.  We're thinking that two of us go in.  One to be 'bait' and the other to pull the other out if something goes wrong." he said.

"Okay, what about the other two?" I asked.

"Those two will be waiting outside the door.  In case something goes wrong and the door closes again, they'll work together to open it." Elijah said.

"What if the door won't open?" I asked again.

"Well, if what happens tonight, is the same as what happened the night before, then we probably won't have to worry, and if it doesn't, we can jump out a window or something." Elijah said. I nodded my head.

"Let me guess, I'm the 'bait'." I said.

"Well, we were also going to experiment.  This time Noah and Ashleigh will go in, see if one of them has something happen." Elijah said.  I digested that.

"What if they can't get out?" I asked.

"Like I said before.  They can jump out a window.  The next night if they can't get out, one of us will stand in the door, so the door can't close."  He said.

"Well-" I began

"If the door presses hard enough, Leanne, we can wiggle out.  With 2 people pulling and 1 pushing.  Our safety word will be brook.  In case something goes wrong, like they can't get out, or the door squishes, or someone passes out again, the partner can shout brook, and we'll know something's wrong.  That's why we're going in in pairs and not alone.  Get the idea?" Elijah said.  He looked at his watch.  "It's 12:55, we should head back."

----------------------------------------------------

I usually have a lot of time on my hands, so I might put one more chapter up tonight.  And don't forget...A picture of Noah is over here! ---------------------->

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
1.2M 37.9K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...