ᶜᵃⁿⁿᵒⁿᵇᵃˡˡ

By LalaPixie16012

ᵀʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵇⁱᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗᵃˢᵗᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵇⁱᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵃᶜᵉᵈ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐʸ ᵈᵒᵘᵇᵗ ᴵᵗ'ˢ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ... More

0.0
0.1
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.9
1.10
1.11
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆
1.12
1.13

1.8

86 8 5
By LalaPixie16012

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵉᵃⁿ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵗʳʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐʸ ⁿⁱᵉᶜᵉˢ ᵃᵗᵗᵉⁿᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵇʸ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᶠˡⁱʳᵗ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵉ?"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"You know Shakespeare?" Gabby asked, nerves settling in the pit of her stomach as she continued to annotate her hefty anthology of sonnets. 

"I've heard of him, why?" Marcus asked, voice laced with amusement as he did his own revision in his room. 

"And you know the test and the revision?" She continued, swapping her fine point pen for her blue highlighter and highlighting all the pathetic fallacy in Sonnet 18. 

"What do you want, Gabby?" Marcus laughed, and she could hear his pen on paper, his rushed handwriting scrawling across rapidly. 

"Can we move the study to mine? Well, Lorelai's." She asked, "I've called Demi and Leah and they don't mind, as long as you're okay." 

"Sure, but why?" Marcus asked, chuckling at her manner. 

"No reason, just easier and well, I haven't been- I thought we could invite Rory." Gabby blurted out, grasping onto the excuse as if it would save her. 

"Hey, you remember the last time we let someone in our study group and we were ten and let Kenji Sakurada revise for history with us and he threw up on Demi's dad's new sofa." 

"Aw Kenji. He looks good now, Switzerland does things to people." Gabby whistled, "Him and his parents came to my mom's banquet last year. He goes to boarding school and was telling me about these boys that go to his school-" 

"Gabs, do I really wanna hear about boys you think are hot?" Marcus asked. 

Gabby pouted, "I never said he was hot, I said he looks good now. There's a big difference. But anyway, you good to come here tomorrow?" 

"Sure, I'll get Callum to drop us off. I'll pay him ten bucks and he'll pick up the girls too." 

"Oh. Yeah, um. That's fine." Gabby stumbled over her words, cursing herself internally. "I'm just gonna go and ask Lorelai if it's all okay." 

Marcus laughed, "Okay, weirdo. I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Yup." Gabby gulped and hung up, immediately throwing the phone into the wall and resisting the urge to scream. Lorelai and Rory were out, she was home alone and left with her anthology of poems and three different highlighters in the same shade of blue. Nerves still pooled in her stomach, she grabbed a jacket from her hook by the door and walked out of the house, locking it behind her and pocketing her key. 

The bell rang to Luke's and she made her way to the counter, sitting patiently waiting for him to get to her. 

"Hey kid." He greeted gruffly, "What do you want?" 

"Hot chocolate please. And how are you at advice?" Gabby asked desperately. 

"Nope. Don't drag me into your Gilmore girl drama." Luke pointed his pen at her and then turned to make her drink, "It's bad enough for me that I get dragged into your sister's life, I'm sure that I don't want to be involved in yours too." 

"Please?" Gabby begged, "I have nobody in this town." 

"Don't start with the sob story." Luke threatened, passing a big mug of hot chocolate to her. 

"Marshmallows? Or I will start talking about my school life and how I was adopted." Gabby threatened back, smiling sweetly. 

"Of course, your highness." Luke snorted, adding a handful of pink marshmallows to the liquid. 

"Thank you." She smiled widely and sipped the sweet beverage, praying that it would dissipate the nerves still settled in her stomach. "You really won't give me any advice?" She groaned. 

"Unless it's about fishing or burgers, I am not your man." 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Decent effort by most." Mr Medina's voice commanded everyone's silence as he walked around the classroom, handing out people's tests. "Good effort by some, exceptional effort by two. Miss Geller, Miss Grant." He smiled at the two, Paris smiling smugly. He handed Rory her paper, and she quickly hid the red grade. Gabby watched in concern at her niece's expression as Mr Medina continued, "Ms. Graham. Miss Gilmore, take these home, learn from your mistakes. Look at the large red circles around various parts of your paper as friendly reminders that to err is human. And that here at Chilton we try to beat that humanity right outta ya!" He chuckled and surveyed the expectant class. 

 "Ok, next up. The test - the dreaded test. Shakespeare! The man we've been droning on about for the last three weeks, finally comes back to haunt us on Friday. This is a big one my friends - multiple choice with an essay section that will count for 20% of your grade for this semester. And don't be fooled by my kind face and charming personality. This test will be hard, and there will be no makeups." He told them just as the bell rang, students starting to pack up, "Refer to the study materials that I gave you at the beginning of the month and those extensive notes I know you've been taking." 

Although they were on the other side of the classroom, Gabby could hear Paris teasing Rory, and Madeline and Louise joining in. Grabbing her bag, she was about to go over when Mr Medina stopped her. 

"Gabriella, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked and it was then she realized he hadn't given  her test back. 

"Yeah, of course." She smiled and watched out of the corner of her eye as Rory walked out, taunted by Paris, who left after her. Mr Medina walked back round to his desk, grabbing two papers. 

"I wanted to congratulate you on your test first of all, and give it to you privately. There are a few notes, nothing big but to basically push you towards what you will need next year concerning structure and quotes." He started, handing her the first paper which was emblazoned with a large A plus on the front. 

"Thanks sir." She smiled, "I'll go through it tonight." 

"And secondly, to give you this. It's a parental consent form for a trip in two weeks time to Washington. Very selective, only two people per year go. One who the staff think would benefit from some extra help in the English department, and one who the staff think would really enjoy the general experience." Mr Medina explained as Gabby scanned over the form, "It would be four days, just visits to museums and libraries and monuments, that sort of thing. Just let me know by tomorrow, okay?" 

"Okay, Sir. Thank you." 

"Of course. And really, well done on the test. Study well for Shakespeare and you'll smash it." 

Gabby smiled and left, walking straight into Leah who had waited outside for her. "Hey, what was it about?" 

"A trip. DC." Gabby explained shortly and gave Leah the letter to scan over. 

"That sounds good," Leah hummed as they walked to the cafeteria, "You gonna go?" 

"I think so. I'll go round to Mom and Dad's tonight before the study session. Did Marcus tell you Callum's going to take you?" 

"Yup. We have to pay him a fiver." Leah told her, grimacing. "Did you call him in the end?" She asked as she grabbed a tray and they queued up. 

"No." Gabby shook her head, butterflies erupting into flight in her stomach, "And, I don't think I will." She decided, catching sight of Demi and Marcus across the lunch hall. She also saw Rory, sat alone. The girl hadn't managed to fit in yet and while part of Gabby thought that she should go over to her, the other half knew how it would play out. 

"Here, I'll buy you a cookie tomorrow if you get me a strawberry milkshake." Leah asked, counting the change in her purse. 

"Sure." Gabby smiled and grabbed a milkshake as well as her own sandwich and drink. "Thank you." She smiled at the dinner lady who gave her the change. 

"So do you know who else is invited on this trip?" Leah asked as the pair walked over to the table where Demi and Marcus were. 

"No, but it's only two from each year, so hopefully it's someone I know." Gabby hummed and placed her tray on the table, just about to sit down when her name was called. 

"Hey, Gabs!" Tristin called and jogged over, throwing an arm around her shoulder. She ducked, surprised by the action. 

"Tris, you haven't hugged me since my seventh birthday party." Gabby grumbled and shoved him off. "What do you want?" 

"Nothing!" He grinned, and sat next to her at their table, under the stares of Demi, Leah and Marcus. "What?" Tristin asked, stealing a fry from Demi's plate. 

"I just didn't think we were that close." Demi shrugged, glaring at him as he ate her fry. 

"We're not." Tristin shrugged and then looked over his shoulder and turned back, laughing loudly. 

"Are you ill?" Gabby asked, putting her hand on his forehead. 

"I'm fine. I'm just trying to make the new girl jealous. Is she watching?" He asked Marcus who just frowned at him. 

"You mean that you're trying to get my nieces attention by pretending to flirt with me?" Gabby asked, eyebrow raised. 

"Niece?" Tristin asked, frowning. 

"God, man. Gilmore. Lopez-Gilmore. Think." Marcus groaned, turning back to his sandwich. 

"Oh shit." Tristin slumped onto Gabby's side, head on her shoulder. "Is she watching?" He whispered but got only a shove from the girl. 

"I knew he was too pretty to have anything up there." Demi cooed, throwing a fry which perfectly hit Tristin in the forehead. 

"Aren't you gay?" Tristin asked, eating the fry. 

"I like your face. I don't like boys." Demi answered, "Now take the insult, take the compliment and leave." 

"I have no-one else to flirt with." Tristin groaned, shuffling closer to Gabby. "I've dated most of the girls in our year, and the other half want to date me, so it wouldn't work. So that leaves Demi, who everyone knows is gay, Leah, who everyone knows is... Leah. So, just Gabby." 

"What about Paris?" Marcus asked, pointing to the blonde girl studying whilst her friends were flirting with two boys in the grade above. 

"No, she wants to date him." Demi whined sadly. 

"Really?" Tristin asked, doing a double-take at the blonde girl. 

"Stop thinking with your dick and start walking with your feet." Leah pointed at Tristin's normal table. 

"Fine, see you later darling." He said loudly and kissed Gabby's cheek before sauntering off. Gabby grimaced and wiped her cheek before starting to eat her sandwich. 

"For one of the best high schools in the country, it sure is weird here." Leah hummed. 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Mom? Dad?" Gabby called as she walked into the house, handing her satchel to the maid with a smile of gratitude, clutching the consent sheet in her hand. 

"Living room!" Emily called and Gabby went to said room, smiling as her mom stood to hug her. "Hello darling, I didn't know you were coming round." 

"Just a fly-by. I got offered a place on a trip to DC, I was wondering if you could sign it." Gabby explained, handing her the letter. 

"Oh how nice. You'll have to take it to your father's study. Now I wanted to talk to you about your birthday." 

"Oh, Mom, I have to get back to Lorelai's, my friends are coming round for a study session." Gabby practically pleaded but sat down anyway. 

"Only quick." Emily waved her off as she brought out a rose-gold folder with the print label 'Gabriella's 16th Birthday'. "I just need a conformation of the guest list and which dress you want. You know, Rory's birthday is soon as well, and I may be bias but I want your party to be better." 

"Okay Mom." Gabriella chuckled and took the two sheets from the folder, quickly scanning over the guest list. "Mom, I haven't talked to Daphne Robins since third grade, when she moved to Maine." 

"I know, but your father wants to talk to her's about whatever business he's in." Emily told her. 

"Okay, it'll be nice to see her." Gabby nodded, deciding to just go with it. "Who is Marshall Hammond?" 

"Oh, I've heard he's lovely. His mother is a friend of a friend of mine and they just moved here from Virginia." Emily smiled. 

Gabby just raised her eyebrows, "Mom, Kenji Sakurada moved to Switzerland." She pointed out and Emily nodded, crossing his name out. Now they were down to 124. Gabby handed her the list back and moved onto the the sheet of dresses. 

"Aw, these are all so pretty." She said, looking at the four. 

"I know, Miss Celine wouldn't stop talking about you after the first fitting, you know. Now, you have to choose soon because they'll have to be custom made. So, either choose now or by Friday." Emily instructed. 

"I'll think about it." Gabby smiled. "I'm going to get this signed."

Emily smiled, "Okay dear. Now, when is it?" 

"Tuesday to Friday next week. So I'll miss dinner but be there for the party." Gabby explained, gesturing to the planner. 

"Alright dear, I'll see you on Friday." Emily kissed her cheek and Gabby said goodbye, going over to her father's study. She knocked on the door and then went in. 

"Hey Dad." She greeted. 

"Hello pet." He smiled, looking up from some papers. "I didn't know you were coming round tonight." 

"Fly-by. Mom said you can sign this, it's for a school trip to DC." Gabby explained and handed him the sheet, which he scanned over. 

"Of course. Did you tell your mother to invite the Robins for the party?" 

"You two are so in sync it's cute." Gabby cooed, "Yes I did. You knew that Kenji Sakurada moved to Switzerland, right?" 

"Yes, his uncle told me. He works in the firm that has the building next to ours." Richard hummed, signing the paper and handing it back to her. 

"I'll see you on Friday, okay, Dad?" She said, folding the consent form and the dress sheet into her pocket. 

"See you then, pet." 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Hey Rory, my friends will be here in a minute for a study session for the Shakespeare test, if you want to join us?" Gabby offered, leaning on the door frame. 

"I'm going to meet with Lane." Rory answered, grabbing her notes. Gabby grimaced at the other girl's manner and let her pass. 

"Okay, maybe some other time. And hey, don't worry about it, I don't mind offering. Yeah, see you later, bye!" Gabby mumbled as Rory walked out of the house. Lorelai smiled and walked over, holding two bowls of chips. 

"Sorry about her, I don't know what's happened but she's in a foul mood. She turned down ice cream." Lorelai explained. 

"Don't worry about it." Gabby waved off, looking out the window for Callum's car. Marcus told her to look out for a very shiny black Dodge Charger, which his older brother was very proud of. Apparently he had won it at a poker game the last night at his uncle's. 

"You know, tomorrow I have to go to a parent's meeting tomorrow and Mom will be there. This is the first parent's meeting where me and Mom will be there and we'll both be parents to kids the same age." Lorelai mused, putting the chips on the table. "We've never talked about how weird this is. Should we?" 

"Talk about how weird it is I'm adopted? No. Oh look, my friends." Gabby pointed out the window and went to the front door, watching in amusement as Demi and Leah rushed out of the car. "Hey." She greeted, walking out of the house and down the porch steps. 

"Hi. Callum is an absolute dickhead." Leah greeted, pushing past and going into the house. 

"She's not wrong." Demi told her, following her in. Gabby giggled and walked over to the car where Marcus was talking to Callum. 

"Thanks for dropping them off. I would pay for gas but apparently you already charged." Gabby told Callum, who smiled smugly. 

"For you, I'd do it for a kiss." He winked. 

"Fuck off, Callum." Marcus snapped, getting out of the car. "I'll call you to pick us up." 

"No need," Gabby rushed to say, praying her cheeks weren't red, "My sister can drop you guys off." 

"Wow, that eager to get rid of me." 

"A little bit." 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Hope you enjoyed! 

I've put the four dresses I like for Gabby's birthday down here, you can vote for which you want or just put your own/ imagine it as you like! <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 120 15
Annie loves gymnastics and all, but after the passing of her brother, Caleb Logan, and all her team mates turning on her after lies, she feels the ne...
869K 40.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
30.7K 387 27
What if Derek had 5 sisters instead off 4... All the characters are from Greys Anatomy but only the 5th sister is not from greys. Hope you enjoy 🥰
82.3K 1K 18
Isabella Shephard the youngest sister of the famous neuro surgeon Derek shephard. Out of the blue Isabella turned up at Seattle Grace Mercy West hosp...