š‘š„š†š€š‹ š‡š„š€š‘š“š’ | REM...

By Desirationx

"Is it wrong to cherish her when her husband fails to appreciate the treasure he holds within his grasp?" ā‹† C... More

Introduction
1: The Invitation
2: Eastern Empire
3: First Day of the Ceremony Banquet
4: An Incident at the Garden
5: Pointed Sword
6: Grand Banquet
7: Whispers Amidst Floral Splendor
8: The Princess and the Mistress
9: Academy of Magic
10: A Normal Day in the Eastern Palace
11: South Palace
12: The Duke from Bluvohan
13: Depart
14: An Anonymous Letter
15: For The Mysterious Sender
16: Grand Duke
17: Kosair Trovi
18: Weeping Prince
19: Two Birds
20: Artemis
21: Birthday Gift
22: Letters in Disguise
23: Ink Unveiled
24: The Revelation
25: Confirmed Suspicions
26: Wounded Wings
27: Confrontations
28: Successful Recovery
29: The Mysterious Man
30: The Star of the Evening: Athanasia
31: The Star of the Evening: Athanasia (II)
32: The Star of the Night: Athanasia
33: A Veil of Moonlight
34: Strained
35: Great Uncertainty
36: Seeds of Doubt
37: A Burden of Betrayal
38: A Glimpse of the Past
39: Ink and Emotions
40: Town Square
41: Outrage
42: The Weight of Guilt
43: Distant
44: The Fate of the Empress
45: Bittersweet Farewells
46: Divorce Day
47: The Emperor's Visit
48: Sunset
49: An Empire at Stake
50: Another Burden of Betrayal
51: Tears of Regret
52: Embers of Conflict
53: The Forest
54: Echoes in the Night
NEW BOOK COVER
55: Close Proximity
56: King's Fury
57: The Troubled King
58: The Return, At Last
59: Heartbeats
60: Silent Resonance
61: Tea and Tensions
62: His Threatening Gaze
63: A Male Crow
64: Strategy
66: š“š”šž š¬šžšœšØš§š šššš²
67: š“š”šž š­š”š¢š«š šššš²
68: The Aftermath

65: š“š”šž šŸš¢š«š¬š­ šššš²

1.4K 75 12
By Desirationx

"In two days' time, I shall depart," Roxana commenced, reclining on the couch opposite Claude, who was draped in a robe.

Her gaze remained fixed solely upon his countenance throughout their conversation.

"Is that so?" Claude responded, his eyes cast downward toward the floor but his head remaining held high. "Indeed," she affirmed. "So, what made you seek this audience with me?"

"Given that your assistance led us to finding the assassin," Claude interjected, his demeanor composed as always, "what compensation do you seek?"

Roxana narrowed her eyes slightly, a faint smile gracing her lips as she shook her head gently. "There is no need for payment. I did the task simply for fun."

"I insist," he replied firmly, his gaze piercing and inquisitive, "are you absolutely certain?"

"Well," she mused, a pensive expression crossing her features as she contemplated, "I actually have one thing in mind now."

A faint, enigmatic smile played at the corners of her lips as she continued, "In regard to the war, I want to be part of it. As an ally of yours, of course."

His scrutiny deepened, his countenance growing increasingly serious. "And what is your motivation for such a decision?"

"Simply put," she remarked with a shrug, her demeanor relaxed yet determined, "I just want to."

Raising a slender finger for emphasis, her smile took on a subtle hint of determination. "Moreover, my magical abilities could undoubtedly prove advantageous. Would you not agree?"

"Then what magic do you possess?" His suspicion was palpable as he regarded her closely, awaiting her response with keen interest.

"I have the ability to tame and command poisonous butterflies," she revealed, summoning forth a crimson-winged butterfly that alighted delicately on her outstretched finger. His eyes slightly widened in surprise at the unexpected display.

With the butterfly poised gracefully, she continued, her tone imbued with a sense of confidence, "These creatures unleash poison upon multiple targets, effectively neutralizing them with precision and efficiency."

Claude lapsed into a contemplative silence, weighing the implications of Roxana's offer. 'Though her assistance may not be strictly necessary, it could make the resolution of the war end faster if she chooses to join our forces with her butterflies.'

"Very well," he conceded with a resigned sigh, his brow furrowing in thought. "If that is what you wish, then you shall accompany the troops. You may select the battleground of your preference."

With a decisive nod, he reached for a quill and parchment, murmuring to himself, "It is also better for me to tell her who is the one in command of the assassin before he leaves."

"I'm afraid it's a little too late for that." Roxana interjected, her tone carrying a note of finality as she met Claude's gaze with a self-assured smile.

"I have already given that information to her before I arrived here."

Navier's gaze lingered on the parchment delivered to the Trovi estate, bearing Roxana's letter.

"..."

An unsettling darkness clouded her features, her eyes wide and hollow with disbelief and a simmering undercurrent of loathing.

'To think he plotted to kill me and his majesty,' she mused, her hand tensing around the paper, a whirlwind of emotions churning within her.

The audacity of King Heinrey, continuing to correspond with her even after the attempt on her life, left Navier seething with indignation.

With a firm jaw, she laid the paper down upon the table, her resolve hardening.

'King Heinrey has truly lost his mind. I regret the day I entertained his company. I have to confront him at once.'

Rising from the couch, Navier strode purposefully towards a nearby cabinet, retrieving a small box containing the letters exchanged during their former pen pal correspondence.

With determination etched on her features, she moved to the flickering candle, methodically feeding the flames with each letters, her silent glare piercing through the inferno.

'But before I take any further action, I must inform my family,' she deliberated, her brow furrowed in thought. 'Is there a chance to dissuade him from continuing the war? Yet the die has already been cast...'

"That asshole..." Kosair's voice dripped with sarcasm and fury, his forehead lined with veins pulsating with anger. "He's in his manor right now, isn't he? Perfect timing."

Duchess Trovi's hand shot out, grasping Kosair's arm in a desperate attempt to halt his impulsive actions, her expression inscrutable yet dark.

"I understand your anger, Kosair. But you have to remember that Navier assured us she would confront him...!" she interjected, her voice tinged with concern. "Emperor Claude and Emperor Sovieshu will handle him after the war-"

"Nonsense!" Kosair's rebuttal cut through the air, softened only slightly to spare his mother's feelings.

Beneath the veneer of restraint, anguish flickered in his eyes as he glanced between his mother and sister. "Navier, you cannot meet him alone. What if he harms you? I cannot bear such thought!"

Drawing nearer to Navier, his gaze burned with intensity and determination. "If you insist on meeting him, then I will accompany you."

Navier's expression shifted, her worry evident as she pressed her fingers to her temple, considering her brother's impassioned plea.

"No, Kosair. I will get a knight to accompany me. You have a propensity for confrontation, and I fear it will only escalate matters. You would have a chance of getting arrested once more..."

Kosair's bitter gaze faltered, his resolve waning as he turned away. "You're right. That man deserves punishment anyway," he muttered, his shoulders tense with frustration.

Navier then touched his shoulder comfortingly. It offered solace, quelling the storm of emotions within him.

"Don't worry, I will take precautions," Navier reassured him, her voice steady despite her own apprehension. "I will be accompanied by a skilled knight, whom you know very well is excellent in combat. Trust me, I will ensure my safety."

Reluctantly, Kosair relented, his gaze softening as he exhaled heavily, his head bowed in resignation.

"I hate waiting. Just promise me you'll be safe..."

Psyche gracefully flitted through the air, en route to the Trovi manor to deliver yet another letter from Claude.

'A war? How intriguing...' she mused, her wings beating rhythmically as she approached Navier's bedroom in the distance.

However, her flight came to an abrupt halt as she caught sight of a familiar figure perched nearby - the male crow.

Blinking in disbelief, Psyche concealed herself behind a nearby tree, her suspicions piqued by the sight of Lation maintaining a stoic expression, his beak curved into a charming smile as he interacted with the surrounding birds, who seemed utterly charmed by his presence.

'Could it be...' Psyche narrowed her eyes in suspicion, pondering the enigmatic nature of the seemingly charismatic crow. 'Is he truly a casanova? And who is his parents? He appears different from all birds, based on his appearance.'

Her incredulity only deepened as she observed the crow gracefully stoop to pluck a rose, offering it gallantly to a visibly flustered bird.

'Ew,' she grimaced, swiftly averting her gaze when she realized Lation had caught her scrutiny, prompting her to hastily retreat and remain concealed.

'Does this crow also have a human form, akin to my own? Or perhaps not...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 545 18
In order to find who they are, never ending tragedy comes to the person who got lost in their way towards the path of their destiny. - Who Made Me A...
58K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
686K 34.1K 66
慤 ā™”ļ½”:*ā€¢.ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ 怀怀 š‘Ģ¤ ā› HAUNTING ā€•ā€• LINGERS BEHIND . . . š˜ˆ š˜šš˜”š˜Œš˜“š˜“ š˜–š˜ š˜šš˜š˜“š˜’ * a fanfiction based on a crossover betw...
3.4K 213 14
Claude de Alger obelia.. A businessman whom everyone respect and fear.. He is righteous and Unbending.. He won't spare anyone who makes mistakes an...