Too Honest ~ James Potter

Autorstwa CherryFlicks

James Potter has always hated everything about Mariya Seratova: she's blunt, unapologetic, and worst of all s... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 28

302 7 0
Autorstwa CherryFlicks

*7th Year*

When Defence Against the Dark Arts came around that afternoon, Mariya walked into the class with a bounce in her step - she was glad that the class would not be too difficult and she was looking forward to seeing the Marauders expressions when they found out that she too was capable of producing a Patronus. Sitting in her normal seat to the left side of the class, she pulled out her wand but did not bother with her books - if Remus was right she wouldn't need them.

Fortunately, Remus was correct and the teacher informed them that they would indeed be learning about and creating Patronuses. They had been encouraged to stand up for the activity part of the class as they would almost certainly need a fair amount of room to move around if they were to successfully produce a Patronus. Mariya perched on the edge of her desk as she pulled her wand out of the holster attached to her belt, though many students were trying - and failing - to produce their Patronuses, the Marauders were standing around laughing as though they weren't in class at all but milling around the lunch hall or something such. The teacher noticed this too and called out to the group.

"My advice Misters Black, Lupin, Pettigrew and Potter is that you focus your full attention on this spell, it will not be achieved by sitting around doing-" She was cut off as all four boys raised their wands and she was suddenly surrounded by a stag, a dog, a wolf, and a rat, which swished playfully in the air around the teacher for a moment before returning to sit beside their owners.

The teacher stuttered for a moment before spluttering out, "R-r-right, well then. Ten points apiece to Gryffindor for a very good bit of spellcasting." With that, she hurriedly turned to another student and began to help them with a fervour that told everyone in the room she was hoping she wouldn't have to deal with the four boys again for a very long time.

James clearly saw that Mariya had not yet cast the spell and walked over to her with a slightly smug look on his face, "Having trouble, Seratova? Well don't be downhearted, it is a difficult bit of magic."

Pursing her lips at James indignantly, Mariya raised her wand and said in a lacklustre voice, "Expecto Patronum."

Her blue dragon immediately spouted from the tip of her wand, did a lap of the classroom and snarled at James, before curling around Mariya protectively. James looked shocked for a moment before turning to Mariya in disbelief.

"You are such a sneaker, Mariya Seratova!" He exclaimed, watching the dragon in utter incredulity, "Earlier you made it sound like you had never produced a Patronus before and as though it was impressive that we had managed it and yet now you have just raised your wand and produced yours with no effort whatsoever."

Mariya shrugged nonchalantly, "Well of course I know how to cast it - I learned in first year when I was becoming an Anima-" She froze, both hands clamping over her mouth as she realised what she had been saying. Despite her quick stifling of the word, the damage was done. James eyes had widened so much that Mariya was not sure it was healthy, and she knew that he had heard what she had been about to say.

"What do you mean A-" He started but was quickly stopped as Mariya removed her hands from her own mouth and placed them over his.

"Not here, you idiot." She said desperately looking around the classroom at all the students who were confused as to what was going on with the two. "I'll explain after dinner this evening if you come to the kitchens." Though James still looked as though he wanted to argue and ask questions, he nodded in understanding and returned to stand with the other Marauders who all shot him confused looks which he just shook his head in response to.

Mariya sighed and cast the charm once more, it was going to be a very long evening.

Mariya left the Great Hall as soon as she had finished dinner that evening, not even waiting around for dessert. She entered the kitchen and asked a passing house elf for a tub of ice-cream along with six spoons, which were delivered to her as she sat down at the table. It was only a few minutes later when the painting swung open again to reveal James Potter and to admit the rest of the Marauders who were almost certainly standing under the Invisibility Cloak, given the amount of time it took the portrait to swing shut after James had entered the room.

James slid into the seat across from her and Mariya offered him a spoon which he gratefully accepted, beginning to eat from the other side of the tub of ice-cream. They sat in relative silence for a few moments, listening to the house elves bustling around them. Eventually, Mariya sat back in her seat and looked at James, who had his eyebrows furrowed as if in deep thought.

"What do you want to know?" She asked and James's head shot up, having clearly not expected her to start the conversation.

"You're an Animagus?" Mariya nodded in confirmation and he pondered the information for a moment before continuing, "Why?"

Mariya gave a short laugh, "You don't mess around, do you?" Seeing his serious look, she answered the question, "I wanted to help Remus."

Mariya shot the flash of fear that filled James's eyes for a singular moment before he masked it with faux confusion, "Help Remus with what?"

Mariya gave James an unimpressed look, "I know his secret, Potter. I know why you lot call him Moony." She heard a slight gasp coming from behind James before it was hastily silenced. "And whilst we're on the subject of secrets," She continued, her volume increasing slightly to ensure all the Marauders heard her. "There isn't much point hiding under that Invisibility Cloak, especially considering I have enough spoons for everyone."

James looked into her eyes for a moment to confirm that she did actually know and that it wasn't a lucky guess. Deciding that she did, he beckoned to the group of people who had previously been hidden from view and all four of them joined them at the table, three looking mildly shamefaced before retrieving spoons and starting on the sweet foodstuff whilst the other looked at the table in resignation, biting his lip nervously.

"When did you find out?" Remus mumbled, his voice barely audible and his tone flat.

"In First Year." Mariya replied, looking at him worriedly. "I worked out the thing about Animagi that November and my parents enrolled me in the Animagus program as my Christmas present. So I'm registered but my name doesn't show up on the lists because I'm a minor and Professor McGonagall was asked to keep it a secret."

"That would explain why we never found out in fifth year during the lesson on Animagi." James nodded in understanding.

"But why didn't you tell anyone? I'm dangerous after all." Remus was still looking at the table.

Mariya gave a snort of laughter that surprised everyone, "Remus, you're no more dangerous than me when I'm in a bad mood. There is no evidence to say that you are likely of hurting someone and," Mariya put her hand under his chin, forcing him to look her in the eye, "I am your friend. I would do anything to protect you."

Remus's hazel eyes sparkled with tears as he looked at the girl in front of him. "You shouldn't be so nice to me, Маша."

"Well there is one thing you can do to repay me," Remus nodded for her to continue, "You could either help me or lend me that wonderful map of yours for my next plan."

All four Marauders looked at her in shock and Jasper looked confused as to what she meant.

James was the first to recover, "How do you know about the map?"

Mariya shrugged, "You lot are a lot less subtle than you think, especially considering all the pranks you suddenly managed to pull without being caught once in sixth year."

The Marauders all exchanged glances, before Sirius looked at Mariya, "Well, seeing as we know your secret, I guess we should tell you that we are Animagi too."

"I know."

James threw his hands up in exasperation, "How in the wide world could you know about that? We didn't even ask any teachers about it."

Mariya placed a hand on his arm and said in a conciliatory manner, "No but I would argue that you needed all the help you could get just to work it out, never mind achieve the process." James cast her a confused look. "I spent a long time going out of my way to place books in your path in an attempt to help you get there."

"I feel lied to." James sulked, sticking his bottom lip out as far as he could, "I was so proud of my idea."

"I know, darling, I know." Mariya patted him on the arm a few more times before turning back to the ice-cream and spooning another mouthful before the boys finished it.

"I don't think there is anything else you need to know, so I'm going to call it a night. Goodnight boys!" She stood from the table. "Надобраніч, Remus. (Good night)"

With that she climbed out of the painting and walked back to the Slytherin common room, sleeping well with the loss of weight from her shoulders that came with revealing secrets. The Marauders and Jasper stayed in the kitchens for another while - finishing off another tub of ice-cream - before leaving for their respective common rooms.

James couldn't help but feel a level of respect for Mariya; she might be a Slytherin but she was a good enough person to let Remus stay at Hogwarts, she cared about him and James found himself almost wishing that he had given her a chance earlier on. After all, the best friends were the ones that had your back, and Mariya definitely had Remus's, whether he asked for her help or not.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.1K 16 39
James wants Lily and will go to any lengths to have her. Lily despises James and would do almost anything to get rid of him. Lily has always loved...
1.4M 48.8K 98
𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒- (𝑎𝑑𝑗.) 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝ℎ𝑦𝑠𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑜...
286K 9.4K 81
[The Marauders Series] ❝Some people are like stars. They fall to make other's wishes come true.❞ _Anonymous. Not all students find Astronomy interest...
162K 5K 45
ARDELLE WAS A FRIEND OF MANY PEOPLE. She was smart; but she was set on improving her Potions skills, to help one of her best friends with his conditi...