Blood&earth (a Ninjago Fanfic...

By freedelusion

!!Disclaimer!! ~English isn't my first language, so sorry for the eventual mistakes ~It has sensitive content... More

-chaos-
-trouble ahead-
-the blood ritual-

-a disturbing discovery-

15 1 0
By freedelusion

☆☆☆☆☆☆

The ninjas got back in their track but the road was long ahead of them.
All moved through the dimly lit path, with nothing else but trees and trees again.
The atmosphere didn't resemble a camping one for sure, and slowly everyone started doubting their destination.
Boredom took a grasp, so Lloyd decided to ask something.

<<hey Zane, what more could you tell us about..these woods?>>, he was curious but also couldn't stop thinking about the strange statue they encountered earlier.

<<beginning my research>>, Zane answered and after seconds he gave the informations.
<<to my knowledge in the past, for many years the woods were home to tribes that lived among nature and worshipped high good by commencing...blood rituals?>>, Zane himself sounded estranged by this fact.

<<ok that wasn't the answer I was expecting>>, Lloyd expressed his thoughts.

<<Blood rituals?!??!?>>, Kai exclaimed, surprised just as everyone else.
<<oh no we're doomed>>

<<Blood rituals in like...sacrificing...>>, Jay feared to finish his sentence.

<<It does not say, unfortunately>>, Zane informed them.

<<what a nice way to...start a camping journey>>, Cole tried to joke about it but nobody laughed.

<<maybe it's not that bad...it was a long time ago right?, it's part of history>>, Lloyd as always tried to find the good in the situation.
<<but that should explain the statue I saw, it had some kind of bowl or plate>>

<<that's probably were the blood offering had to go>>, Nya helped him assemble a picture.
<<Despite this fun-fact...I'm surprised people still go camping there>>

<<yeah, who in their right minds would go there?>>, Jay agreed with her, while they were marching, to go there.

<<maybe they like the thrill or something>>, Kai suggested.

<<whatever it is I just look forward for the camping part>>, Cole admitted.
Everyone seemed to silently agree on this matter.

The journey continued but after all the efforts they finally reached a sign that clearly welcomed them to the 'Shadowy woods'.

"WELCOME TO THE SHADOWY WOODS, I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE.
YOU CAN PROCEED FURTHER BY WALKING UNTIL YOU FIND THE CAMPING AREA.
BE CAREFUL OF THE WILDLIFE THAT INHABITS THESE WOODS AND IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS YOU CAN CALL OUR HELP-LINE THAT WILL GET THERE IN YOUR NEED OF HELP.

also we do not provide with camping tents or any other camping supply.

Thanks for your indebit time tourist."

<<guess we won't need these now>>, Cole pointed at the quads parked in the distance.

<<let's just hope we can reach the camping area quickly because I'm not starting to like the looks of it>>, Kai looked around the woods that they were surrounded by.
It started to get darker so if the ninja wanted to survive the night they had to reach the camping area.

Each one of them carried a backpack with the 'necessities' that they packed this morning and started walking following the old arrows that guided them.
Jay was the one that was behind everyone else as his backpack was the heaviest.

<<Jay I think you brought too much with you for this trip>> Nya said to her boyfriend as she stayed behind to land him a hand.

<<You specified...>>, Jay stopped to regain his breath
<<...that we had to...bring the necessary!>>

<<yes Jay, the necessary, I don't think the stardust plushie collection that I bought you counts>>, Nya confessed.

<<it is a necessity, this collection was my first gift from you>>, of course his emotional attachment prevailed.

<<uh...sorry to interrupt your chit chat but we're here>>, Kai came in between their conversion and with a little head movement signalised the pair to follow him.

The camping area was vast, there already were a few tents set up so the ninja weren't totally alone, but the tents were distant.
At least the thought of other people being there comforted them more.
They walked a bit to pick a right spot where they could settle for good, and when they did everyone got their chores.
As it was already late the first thing was set the tents, and...that turned out to be a challenge.

<<okay, stay still..don't move>>, Lloyd talked to the pole he was just able to put up for the tent.
It seemed to not be able to stay in place, but a glimpse of hope was visible this time.
<<I think I got it!>>, he exclaimed cheerfuly with a smile, but the moment he said that, that specific pole and the rest of the tent collapsed on the ground.
His face went from a happy one to a disappointed one in a blink.
<<it's impossible, nothing works>>

<<how about a little spark>>, Kai approached him and lit up his hand with his elemental power, fire.

<<uh...maybe that's not a great idea Kai>>, Lloyd admitted, trying to turn him down politely.

<<you could set fire to the whole thing you know?>>, Nya said interrupting her building time with Cole, they too were working on a tent but nothing was working out.

<<I was just trying to help>>, Kai crossed his arms faking a dramatic annoyed expression.

<<what kind of tents did we bring??, nothing holds together>>, Cole groaned from frustration as his eyebrows furrowed.

<<you really should be consulting the manual Cole>>, Zane approached them holding the manual in question.

<<there's a manual?>>, Cole quickly took it a little desperately.
He went through the pages, pages...and pages again.
<<200 pages of this thing??, who even wrote it?!>>, he stared at it, confused and bothered.

Everyone then looked at Zane's tent, all done and balanced.
<<in reality it's only 30 pages, but it's translated to multiple languages, even the serpentine one>>, he explained.

<<oh...that makes sense now>>, Cole hid his embarrassment with an akward smile.

<<but why didn't you tell us sooner Zane?>>, Kai asked him.

<<I did>>

<<when exactly?>>

<<when you were trying to build Lloyd's tent>>, Zane informed them.

Kai quickly got a flashback of a chaotic environment: Lloyd accidentally pocking himself in the eye when he tried to figure out where the poles needed to be placed, Cole arguing with Kai on where to place their tents (they wanted the same spot), Nya kicking her messed up tent until it fell apart completely (a result of her short temper) and Jay running back and forth as he was attacked by a herd of ants.

<<oh...>>, Kai smiled embarrassed and looked away.
No one heard Zane probably, that's when he decided to just get his tent ready meanwhile chaos ensued.

<<we probably should have listened to you>>, Lloyd told Zane while he wiped a tear that slid across his cheek from the eye that he pocked by accident earlier.

<<The problem is we don't have time to build another tent, it's dark already>>, Nya looked at the sky that was getting darker with every couple of minutes.

<<...then we should...all squeeze in Zane's tent>>, Jay showed up, bruised a bit from falling face on the ground, his hair were messy and had a few leaves in them.

<<jayy...>>, Nya sighed deeply at his sight and started carefully taking out the leaves in his hair.

<<it doesn't sound that..bad>>, Cole shrugged his shoulders at that option.

<<it's horrible>>, Kai disagreed.

<<we won't fit>>, Lloyd cleared up.

<<it's either that or split up and sleep outside in our sleeping bags, with...the animals and in the cold>>, Cole came up with two possibilities.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

The all slept in Zane's tent.
Somehow they managed to squeeze there, but they rolled and kicked and started fighting over the blankets and almost threw Cole outside when he started snoring.
The ninja managed to fall asleep aside from Lloyd.
Every night he found himself lost in thought, thinking about the past and wondering where his dad had gone to after helping them defeat them the march of the oni.
He haven't heard of him since then, it's been one year.
Then all of a sudden Lloyd remembered that strange statue, what could it simbolize, and who was the woman represented.

Eventually he decided to take a walk outside to clear his mind.
He put on an extra jacket over his dark green pullover and sat outside on a piece of wood, near the fireplace where they ate earlier.
The fire was extinguished so he found himself digging in its remains with a branch.
Lloyd looked around, complete darkness surrounding him and the tress, he couldn't even tell if there where tents set up in distance.
His only source of light was his green power, a little bulb he manipulated with the palm of his hand.

Suddenly he heard something, a sound of branches snapping...like someone walking.
Lloyd immediately became alerted and narrowed his eyes, then he almost jumped when he heard a voice behind him.

<<wooo, easy, it's just me>>, Cole said, holding a lamp.

<<jeez Cole...you gave me a heart attack>>, he placed a hand over his chest as his heartbeat sped up from the sudden jumpscare.

<<I didn't mean to, sorry>>, Cole apologized and sat next to him, putting the lamp on the ground.
<<you have trouble sleeping?>>

<<no, just wanted to take some deep breaths of fresh air>>, Lloyd lied not wanting him to worry.

<<Kai kicked me out, he's taking all the place for himself>>, Cole said tilting a bit his head.

<<is he?>>, Lloyd chuckled a bit getting immediately the hint of the reason why.

Cole smiled back and then looked around, putting both of his hands in the sweatshirt's pockets.
<<this place is even more creepy at night>>

<<I agree, but I'll still give it a chance>>, as Lloyd said that, another crunching sound came from that same direction in which it came earlier.

The both of them looked at each other and then quickly became more alerted.

<<I heard the same thing earlier, before you came here>>, Lloyd whispered to Cole.

<<I hope it's a squirrel...but we should probably check that out...safety reasons>>, Cole suggested and Lloyd nodded.

They walked up to where they heard the sound, Cole took the lamp with him so they could see something while Lloyd manipulated another orb of green.
They looked cautiosly and then something caught their attention.

<<wait...I see something>>, Cole pointed to a spot on the ground.
There seemed to be something, it reflected light.
Lloyd crouched to the ground and looked at the misterious object.

<<...it's a...pocket knife?>>

<<a what?>>, Cole said back, surprised.

Lloyd didn't even have the time to analyse it better because in a blink of an eye someone or something snuck out behind Cole and him, and quickly was able to put them out without a fight.
They both fell to the ground unconscious while the misterious figure watched over them.
Now they were in trouble.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
183K 5.3K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
51.3K 1.7K 15
Dream x reader !!!! I DONT OWN THE BOOK COVER PICTURE!!!! In progress The first chapter does not have to be read but the 2nd chapter is important to...