TALE OF KHUSHI THE GOLD DIGGE...

By LillyZilin

If you loved the first season of TOKTGD, you will love this too. Peep in to know more.. More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1- GAME BEGINS
CHAPTER 3- A DAY TO REMEMBER
CHAPTER 4- REAL AND FAKE
CHAPTER 5- I'M NOT HIM, NOT ANYMORE
CHAPTER 6- BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER
CHAPTER 7- WE ARE ALIKE
CHAPTER 8- I WANT TO LIVE/DIE
CHARACTER SKETCH SO FAR..
CHAPTER 9- IT'S HURTING ME
CHAPTER 10- BEHIND THE FACADE
CHAPTER 11- FAIR OR UNFAIR
CHAPTER 12- YOU'RE... YOU
CHAPTER 13- BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 14- HIS WIFE, HER HUSBAND

CHAPTER 2- HER OPPONENT

1.1K 115 24
By LillyZilin

Early in the morning, bell of puja ranged through out the mansion, while Rathore picked up his white shirt to wear today.
He glanced at his scared body, feeling numb.

Normal scar would remember someone of their painful moment, but for Raghu it was numbed moment of his life.

He collapsed on the floor as his father keep hitting his torso with a whip. His skin torned and bleeding..

"You're getting married by this week to Yashna, the Ahuja family's daughter." His father stated.

"Raghu.. Beta.. Please don't make this difficult.. Say yes beta.."His mother wailed seeing her only son getting beaten up like this.

"I.. Mom.. Let me die.. I don't want to live.. Leave me.." He plead, laying on floor.. His blood drenched his white shirt..

"Raghu, beta.. Don't be stubborn. Your father won't control once you have an heir." His mother advise felt meaningless..

"Raghu.. RAGHU?.?" He closed his eyes, and lost him felt in darkness..

Raghu looked at the same color shirt in irony, the advise that his mom gave him worked, but at what cost? The moment he gained control of this family, he never cast them a glance..

He was raised loveless, both of his parents were married for sake of having an heir, once he born, he was given to nanny.

He buttoned up his shirt, his phone ranged.
Little one is calling..

He should probably change that name, veer is no longer a child. He is seventeen this year..

"Dad, I'm taking boarding soon. Don't forget to pick me up." Spoil rotten brat never stop bothering his dad.

Rathore's cold face lit up immediately, "Sorry my son. I'm not picking you today."

Veer frowned hearing that, "What? Normally only you would do it, you wouldn't let anyone else pick me up."

Yes, when it's comes to this child. Raghu will put everything aside when run to him but now there is someone more reliable.

"Your sister will pick you up so don't make scene or be rude to her, understand?" Raghu asked patiently.

Veer's expression darken, "But"

"No but.." Raghu said sternly.

Veer cut the called, feeling upset.

______________

Later..

Khushi glanced at Veer who is silent through out the journey, clearly avoiding her.

"So veer, how was the school?" She asked with a polite smile on her face, as she is driving the car at required speed.

He seems to uninterested to involve in a conversation with her.

Khushi sighed, "Anjali Malik has agreed to marry your father."

His hears perked in clear interest as soon as his father is mentioned.

"How do you feel about it?" She asked, feeling curious about his opinion..

He was reluctant to answer still, he asked the question he had in his mind, "Did dad really want to marry Anjali aunty?"

"Why? Do you think he wouldn't want to marry Anjali, as per Alex's investigation.. She is the one who engaged to Mr RATHORE first then he got married to your mumma." Khushi's words irked him more.

"My father loved my mumma the most! He calls her his angel! He remained single all those years remembering my mom." He spat out in anger.

Khushi smirked, "Really? From what I saw, Mr Rathore remained single for you. You see, you're his only son. How could he let you suffer under an evil step mother? Such a baby~"

Veer feels annoyed with her and keeps sulking through out the journey, only when they reach home he felt some relief.

But before leaving he reminded one thing to Khushi," I might be younger than you but I can never accept any other woman than my mother as my father's wife."

Khushi was a bit stunned seeing his attitude, then followed after him with a satisfied smile. As if she will let Anjali be his mother.. Whatever plans she has in mind, there is nothing that can bring harm to Rathore and Veer.

The mansion is filled the photo of Veer, from newborn to teenage. Every single photos of him, there will Rathore standing next to him, such a loving father makes her envious..

And a huge portrait of the late Mrs Yashna Devi Rathore, she has look of royal to her, her son resemble her the most. No wonder Rathore referred to as an angel.

Dying giving birth to son of a such man, she must assured Rathore will take care of their son.

Sometimes Khushi find herself imagine as her as their child, how wonderful her life would be?

Then would that Raizada consider her someone worthy of being his wife?

Sometimes she wonder what face would Rathore make if she suddenly starts to address him "Dad" Just like Veer does.

Adopted daughter can never be real daughter, that's the lesson she learned from her past..

Peaceful life she thought she had before meeting Arnav Singh Raizada was nothing but a facade.

She laughed it off and saw how Raghu welcome his son home by hugging him, his eyes are soften. "Haven't you been eating well? See how thin you've gotten." Raghu nagged his son.

"I'm finally here na? I'm going to devour everything to my heart content, nothing tastes the same there.. I miss Meena kaki's cooking and how is Ramu chaca ankle nowadays? I heard the school we built is going great? Dad, why don't I just study here?" Veer let out his heart felt desire.

Raghu sighed," Ramu chaca and Meena have retired, they're getting old na? Their son finally finished his studies and took them to city with him. "

Veer face expression fell down," You didn't bother to let me know? I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.."

"Veer, they wish spend their remaining days with their son, who are we to stop them. And you were caught up with final exam so I couldn't disturb you." Raghu explained.

Veer glanced at Khushi, "Dad, for further studies, Can't I just study here?"

Rathore glanced at Khushi, khushi blinks her eyes in agreement, then he replied, "Only if you behave properly."

"Sure Dad." Veer beamed happily at his father.

__________

After office meeting ended.

Khushi exist her office and went to basement to get her car then someone is following her from behind, and she also know who it might be.

"I never knew, one day I would be witnessing the mighty Arnav Singh Raizada stalking a defenceless young lady from behind.." Her tone was sarcastic.

"Khushi, you never gave me a chance explain myself to you.. And you should not let this marriage happen." He seems to be desperate to get her understand the situation.

"Why? Oh.. Is it possible that you hated the idea of becoming an uncle to this middle class cheap girl?" Her words shot him like bullets.

"No..I mean Khushi.. Please understand, I apologise for misunderstanding you and marry you by force. After the contract ended you left suddenly without a single word.. I search everywhere for you.. Six months I spent with you.. Isn't enough for me. I wish to spend my entire life with you. How could I become relative when I still want you in my life?" He confess, his words probably held no lies.

Still her pride and dignity is something she will never give up on.

Khushi sneered," Are you changing your mind after seeing me all successful and rich? Capable woman with equal status as yours? "

Arnav was taken aback, why is she taking everything the other way?" No Khushi. I have always liked you. I know you don't trust me but please give a chance to redeem myself.. I will do whatever you ask of me. "

Khushi look at him for a while then get closer to him, he stood still not moving.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure you won't regret it?"

"Never, just give a chance."

The game is becoming even more interesting..

"Fine." Arnav looked at her with a gaze that looked like he had just woken up from a dream. Is she agreeing that easily?

"But not until.. You prove yourself worthy." She pointed out to him.

Arnav frown totally confused with her mixed signal choice of words. While Khushi is having fun seeing his face turn happy and sad to confused and there some hint fear in it.

She laughed as told him to wait and she open her bag, handed him a black coloured crystal chess piece, the king.

He took from her with confused face, "This.."

Khushi smirked, "That you." How can she win if she play the game alone? He will be her opponent. At end of the game, there will only one winner.

She pulled up her white king piece, "This is my king."

"I don't understand, what's this for?" He asked. Not understand her motive.

"Do you those day I worked for you in your office?" She asked, remember him the past, "You like to challenge me right?"

"Khushi.. I'm sorry.. I.." She gesture him to stop.

She got closer to him and tighten his loose tie intimately, "The same challenge, but with different conditions. Pandit gave me the auspicious date, just 1 month.. In 1 month Rathore and Anjali can marry, before that prove to me, your so called sincere love."

Arnav feels chills on his back.

"If you lose, give that piece and admit your defeat."

"If I win?" He asked her raising his eyebrow in amusement.

She pulled the tie, make him closer to herself, he felt breathless. "Hm, so full of yourself. You decide.." Even though she know what he will ask for.

"Marry me Khushi." He said slowly.

He is thick head indeed, coming here to her own company, proposing to Miss Rathore require a different kind of guts.

"This deal will be just between us, no one can know of this deal, a day before the marriage is the deadline. No matter what and when I ask of you you should be always ready to fulfill my needs and you better be prepared because I have very high standards." She reminded him.

"Welcome to the hell, my dear uncle.." He didn't realizer that she is no longer the same Khushi Kumari Gupta who would shivering in hold but Khushi Rathore.

And her plan? She wants them to suffer same humiliation she suffer, this man destroyed her dreams and future for sake of his sister, soon the same man will bring his sister the same humiliation.

Waiting for karma to work isn't an opinion when she can do it herself.

She still remember the words of Mrs Garima Gupta...

___________

She decide to meet her mother at temple near Laxmi Nagar.

They said daughter's greatest strength pillar will be their mother.

But when she told her mother the truth behind her marriage and contract which she declared ended.

She was going to bid her foster mother last farewell and not wanting to burden her foster parents any longer.

"Amma.." She sobbed hugging Garima but was pushed away by furious Garima.

"Amma?" She was shocked to see Garima expression, looking at her in disgust.

"Don't call me that, how could you marry someone with a contract? Is marriage some kind of joke to you?"

"Amma, I had no choice.. He forced me saying.."

Garima still blamed her, "You're being ridiculous! Still you stayed with that man in a same room for six months, now you're saying that marriage isn't a real one but fake? Khushi!"

Khushi froze seeing her mother questioning her character.

"Amma, I'M your daughter how could say that to you own blood?" Khushi was deeply hurt.

Garima Gupta sneered, " My Blood? My blood won't be shamelessly staying with a man for six months pretending to be wife. You're not not blood."

"Amma.. Don't say such a words.." Khushi begged her.

"I'm saying the truth only. You're not my sister's daughter! Her daughter died prematurely.. My mother took you from who knows which garbage bin. But now I'm sure whoever real might be, she must be whore like YOU. She threw you away after giving birth to you, you must been a result of her misconduct. "

Present...

Khushi gripped her steering hard remembering those words..

Why? Why is it always me?

From orphaned girl to be child out of wedlock..

No.. She will never fall down, she will make everyone who looked down on her, fall.

" Just you wait.. "

To be continued...

Please let me know what you think about this story so far.. Tq.

Aathy143 AnshikaMishra2 DivyaLatha9 @sia kshira1 passionate_bookworm Pinkly007 Priyam18 ReenaSungeelee Ridz8499 RajeshreeDebadarsine @roseyblue @maya @rkala @rama @god @pai swtsam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 3.1K 19
A short story about my beloved Arshi.. Little intense.. Nafrat Paas Ane na de..Mohabbat dur Jana na de..
49.8K 2.4K 6
A girl who is blissfully living her life with her husband meets her past which was hidden from her. What will be her reaction and what changes that p...
201K 7.7K 17
Some promises are meant to be broken. But what compelled Arnav to abandon the one he once loved? Let's take another journey into our beloved ArShi wo...
148K 6.7K 20
How far can love take someone, how better love can make someone...