Love And War!

DreamPen8 által

The war going on for hundreds of years.... Finally, it comes to an end.....but with a price to pay! For the... Több

02~ First Night
03~Debut
04~Romeo Renard

01~Political Marriage

21 2 0
DreamPen8 által

Princess Irene Eclaire de-Renoa, the first princess of the state of Renoa. Irene was the only princess of her kingdom who had an older brother born from a concubine. Irene was not valued by her father and was treated badly by the servants. Ever since she was young, she only wished for one thing; her parents' love but couldn't gain it. Her mother became mentally ill after her birth due to some unknown circumstances, and her father was a man obsessed with power and riches. He pronounced his illegitimate son the crown prince of Renoa at his fifteenth birthday, and this selfish decision of his made Irene's life much more troublesome as the nobles looked down on her. Irene gave up on hope a long time ago, and her monotone world helped her grow into a strong girl with composure and a lot of patience. She slowly learned to deal with the people and society.

-The State Of Renoa-

"Greetings! Your Majesty."

"You must know why I called you here?"

"Of course... I already know that it's time I fulfil my duty as his pawn and a sacrifice for the safety of this kingdom!" Thought Irene maintaining a calm composure from the outside.

"You seem to have changed? You look exactly like your mother when she was young!" Said the emperor ( her father) with an observant look.

"I appreciate your compliment!" Replied Irene with an emotionless smile.

"Anyways. Its been six months since you turned sixteen, it's time for you to get married and fulfil your role as the princess of this Empire! You have to get married to the crown prince of Erudian Empire! I have already finalised the arrangements and it's the only way to maintain a good relationship with them for a long time."

"Asking me to come here just to order me to get married...discarding me like a lifeless doll just for his personal selfish reasons and ego....what was I even expecting?"

"I understand. Your Majesty." Replied Irene coldly.

"That's all well and good then. You are excused. "

Irene elegantly curtsied and left the audience room. She walked through the hallway lost in a deep thought reminiscing her past.

Irene entered her room with a dull look and slowly sat down on the couch. She let out a deep sigh and looked outside through the big glass window.

"Tea is served! Your highness."

Irene turned around and picked up the tea cup. She gracefully took a sip and placed the cup back in the saucer.

"Your highness...was everything alright with his majesty..?" Asked Lily; Irene's personal maid.

Irene placed the tea cup on the coffee table and silently stood up. Her back faced Lily as she spoke,

"Lily...we have to leave in three days!" Irene turned around as the strong wind entering through the window made her long black hair sway.

"What do you mean? Your highness!? It can't be...?" Lily covered her mouth and looked at her with a shocked expression.

"Exactly! It's time I fulfil my duty as the princess of this Empire! I have to get married to the crown prince of the Erudian Empire!"

"But...your highness! You can't do that! Its like stepping into a lions' den! It's like walking straight towards your death!!" Said Lily in panic.

"It's not something I can decide...I never had the authority to decide something for myself. I cannot refuse or reject as its useless! Lily, you already know that father won't take back his decision! It's already been decided! If I cry about it, it will just be my weakness...( Elder brother is pretty much interested in getting rid of me anyways! It's better if I just stay calm and leave Renoa for good! It will probably be a hellish ride though.)"

" Your highness....(She is so strong...she never once cried even though she went through a lot...but...I am afraid that...under that tough shell... her highness is just a weak young girl who yearns for love. I just hope everything goes well...)"

- Three days Later -
- The Wedding Day -

The Wedding ceremony was held at an island located at the border of the two kingdoms. It was a simple and plain preparation and only few important noble guests were invited.

"Your highness it's time!"

"I see."

Irene stood up from the chair that was placed infront of a tall standing mirror inside a big empty room of the villa. She opened the door and closed her eyes for a moment. She opened her eyes again leting out a deep breath as her expressions turned serious and much more confident. Lily followed her from behind as she walked through the long and empty hallway. Finally, she stepped outside and left everyone speechless as she looked absolutely stunning in her white long Wedding dress.

Irene walked through the almost never ending red carpet, holding her hateful older brothers' hand. Irene had a stern look on her face meanwhile her brother, Prince Jonathan kept smiling shamelessly - just as Irene had expected of him.

"Irene you sure are useless!! I mean look around you! This plain and dull wedding with almost no guests shows how much value you have as the first princess!! It's looks more of a funeral than a wedding ceremony! I guess though you don't deserve anything more than this!! MY DEAR YOUNGER SISTER! *smirk*" Jonathan whispered in a mocking tone.

Irene glared at him with a cold expression. Letting out a deep sigh she replied in a low voice,

"With this...I guess your mission is complete? Congratulations on finally getting rid of me! Or...would you have preferred me dead...? My DEAR OLDER BROTHER?"

Irene's reply left Jonathan speechless. She let go of his hand and greeted the crown prince of the Erudian Empire gracefully. Jonathan took a side in a trance.

"Greetings! Your highness. I am Irene Eclaire de-Renoa."

"Greetings to you as well. I am Noah Arcane De-Erudian!" Replied the crown prince with a charming smile.

"Huh...? It's like...an angel has fallen from heaven!? Can a person be this pretty!!?? His sparkling emerald eyes are mesmerising....I should probably keep this to myself though!" Thought Irene as her cheeks turned bright red looking at his beautiful face.

"Princess Irene? May I?" Noah extended his hand towards Irene.

"Uh...yes. ( what are you doing Irene!? Pay attention!! It's not the time to get mesmerised by his pretty face!!!)"

Irene slowly placed her hand on his. Her heart started beating rapidly as she held his hand. Noah placed a ring on Irene's ring finger. Meanwhile Irene was lost in her thoughts looking at his face.

"He...looks so calm and serious. He knows....what he is doing...he is aware of his duty! unlike me...what's the point of thinking about all of this now!? I wonder...if I really take his hand...where will destiny take me...? Somehow I fell guilty... looking at him...he surely deserves someone way better than me!"

"Congratulations on becoming husband and wife! Your highnesses!"

The wedding ceremony went on for a few hours. Irene somehow managed to keep her composure. The same noble who once looked down on her and bullied her were now fighting with each other to gain her attention. Just one day was enough to change the princess's life completely. Noah and Irene didn't talk to each other at all after exchanging rings but Irene silently kept peeking at him without realising it herself.

Slowly but surely it was a beginning of something new and special. But, is it really...?

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

211K 41.8K 8
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
90.4M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
6M 390K 74
Losing this war means captured by the enemy empire and considered as their prostitutes and servants. Dreaming that situation made my heart race even...
40.5K 5.9K 59
စာရေးသူ - ယွီရှောက်လန်ရှန်း ဇာတ်ဆောင် - ရှန်ချန်းလင် x ချင်ရှောက်ယွီ - ယဲ့ကျင် x ရှန်ချန်းဖုန်း