cigarette smoke | jamie drysd...

By musicsports

"when's your break?" "i already took it, i have a smoke break in 20 minutes though." "i can wait" More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter One

268 6 0
By musicsports

"Matt can you fill up the grinder for me please?" I yelled across the floor of the coffee shop.

"Yeah." He replied dryly. I was making a couple drinks when the door chimed, notifying us that someone walked into the cafe.

"Hi there!" I yelled happily. I hate customer service. It's annoying, people can be real bitches. I looked over the espresso machine and saw two tall guys walk in. "Dylan you're on cash, take the order please." The 16 year old, Dylan, walked over to the cash register and started taking the guys orders, it only took a couple minutes for them to walk over to the coffee window where I was making the drinks.

"Hey sorry, I think I forgot to ask for cream in my coffee." The dark red haired one said.

"No problem, which name was yours under?" I asked him.

"Cam." He replied. I nodded and made his coffee for him, handing it over the counter.

"Bella, when are you off?" Matt asked as I finished making the other guys' drink.

"Alrighty, here's the coffee with two sugar. Have a great day guys, thanks for coming in." I said. The brunette guy was cute, he gave me a soft smile as he grabbed the drink. "I'm off at 3." I replied to Matt.

"Bella, huh? That's a beautiful name. Is it short for anything?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's short for Arabella." I smiled.

"Wow, that's even more beautiful." He said. "Well, have a good day, and thank you." He said and the two of them walked out.

"Hey, he was cute." Matt said. Matt's one of my best friends, he's always trying to see me up with customers for some reason. I wouldn't say I'm lonely, but I am the only person who works in the cafe without a partner. It's a small family owned business, the owner owns a couple restaurants and I'm the manager of the cafe. There's only 6 employees here so we're a pretty close knit bunch.

"He was cute, he had really nice eyes." I replied to Matt

"Next time he comes in you should try and flirt with him, try and get his number." He said. I chuckled a little bit and nodded as I washed the milk jugs out. 

"Yeah totally, that sounds like something I would do." I said, laughing. 

"You still coming to the game with me tonight? Sara has a family thing." He asked, Sara, his girlfriend of 4 years. I love her, she's the sweetest.

"What game was it again?" I asked him.

"Flyers game, Bella." He said. 

"Oh, yeah, sure why not." I replied. 

"Sweet, if I pay for parking do you wanna drive?" 

"Yeah, sounds good." I said. We continued working for another couple hours before I left the shop at 3. I went home and had a shower, I knew I smelt like a mix of coffee and food. At 5:30 I left the apartment and drove over to Matt's to pick him up and head to the Wells Fargo Centre. His dad had gotten some free tickets from work and wasn't able to use them, they were really good seats, against the glass behind the Flyers net. We sat down right before warm ups started, each with a container of fries. 

"Wait a second." Matt started.

"What?" I asked as I shoved a fry into my mouth. 

"Do number 8 and 9 look familiar to you at all?" He asked. I tried to get a good look at them but couldn't really tell who it was.

"Honestly I can't tell." I said.

"I think it's the two cute guys from the coffee shop today." He said.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I think so, but with the helmets and the uniforms I can't really tell to be honest." I tried to keep an eye on them the whole game to tell if it was them or not. 

"I hope they come in to the cafe again, if that's who it was, and you can get with one of them, then you would be making bank." Matt said as we got back into the car after the game. 

"That would be pretty cool, but I don't know, we'll see if they're even nice people." I told him.

"It seemed like the one was trying to flirt with you. He said your name was beautiful." He said in a very mocking tone.

"How's Sara?" I asked, trying to change the subject subtly. The drive didn't take too long to drop Matt off, he took the bait pretty well so we ended up talking about Sara basically the entire way back. I drove back to my apartment that I shared with my roommate and best friend since I moved to Philadelphia to go to UPenn. 

"Bella is that you?" Miranda called from her room. 

"Yeah, just me." I yelled back. She came running out of her room and out to the common area where we sat and watched a movie for a little bit. 

"Morning, Bella." Sebastian said as he walked into the cafe to start his shift in the morning. 

"Morning, Seb, how are you?" I asked. 

"Good, what do you need me to do first, boss lady?" He asked as he washed his hands. 

"Can you tray and cook some bacon please." I asked. He nodded and got started right away. The door chimed as two people walked in. "Back so soon, guys?" I asked. It was the same two guys who came in yesterday, who Matt thought were playing in the game last night. Number 8 and 9. 

"We couldn't stay away, Bella." Cam said, I still didn't know the cute one's name. 

"Yeah, we liked the coffee so much we had to make sure we came back super soon." The brunette said. 

"So I know his name, you know my name, what's yours?" I asked him.

"Jamie." He replied, slightly smiling at me.

"Well, what can I get for you, Jamie?" I asked him. 

"Whatever you made for me yesterday was incredible." He said. I nodded and punched it in on the screen.

"Alrighty, any food for you?" I asked.

"Yeah, do you guys have a breakfast sandwich?" He asked.

"I've got a couple, just on the board here." I said, pointing over to the board. 

"Can I just get the breakfast croissant?" He asked. I nodded and punched it in as well. 

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Maybe your number?" He asked. My jaw dropped a little bit, I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say yes, but I also didn't know him at all which made me worried. 

"I'm not sure what to say." I laughed a little bit.

"Maybe just say yes, Bella, you haven't given out your number in god knows how long. I think you should do it." Sebastian whispered quietly.

"I like the way he thinks." Jamie said. 

"I just learned your name, I don't know." I said. 

"Well, here let me tell you about me then. My name is Jamie Drysdale, I grew up in Toronto, Ontario, and then moved to Erie Pennsylvania to play hockey for the Erie Otters. Then I got drafted to the NHL and played for the Anaheim Ducks before getting traded to the Philadelphia Flyers last week." He said.

"So it was you guys at the game last night then." I said.

"It was, I saw you behind the net." He said, he leaned his arm on the counter and I honestly couldn't take my eyes off of his beautiful blue ones. I could swim in them. 

"Yeah, that's where I sat." I said, I knew I was falling for his trap. He was so mesmerizing, I could fall in love with him right here and now if he kept looking at me like that. 

"Well, this is awkward for the rest of us here." Cam said from behind Jamie. 

"Sorry." We both said in unison. Jamie swiped his card to pay for his coffee and sandwich. 

"Seb, can you take Cam's order please?" I asked him. 

"Sure thing." He responded and walked over to the cash. I looked down into the tip jar and saw two $20 bills. 

"Jamie? What the fuck is that? I can't accept that, that's too much." I said, walking over to the coffee window where he now stood.

"It's not too much, not to me." He said, with a sly smile on his face. 

"Well, thank you, we appreciate that." I said, smiling softly at him as I started making the coffee.

"Of course, I mean you remembered Cam's name after one visit, I think we might be special enough that it's okay." He said.

"I'm just really good at remembering names." I replied. I won't lie, I love the feeling of being flirted with, but I was working, it felt weird at this point. 

"Ouch, that one hurts." He said. I handed him the coffee and turned the burner on for the egg, done talking to him really. Cam came over for his order. 

"You know, as soon as he saw you at the game last night, he was distracted. Maybe you should give him a chance, he doesn't do this often." He said quietly. 

"Yeah, we'll see. If you guys become regulars, maybe." I said. "But, just so you know, I'm off Mondays and Thursdays." I said, smirking a little bit and hoping he was going to take the hint as I handed him his coffee too.  

"I'll keep that in mind." He said, walking away and going to sit down with Jamie. I made the sandwich and brought it over. 

"So no number?" Jamie asked. 

"Nope, not yet at least." I said, walking back away. 

"You do know he's like super hot right?" Sebastian asked as I passed by him in the kitchen. 

"Yeah, I know." I replied, going back to work. It only took 1bout 15 minutes before the two left. 

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Jamie yelled as they left the coffee shop. I just laughed and shook my head.

"Have a good day, guys." I said, still laughing a little bit as they waved and walked out the door. I looked into the parking lot and saw them get into a nice Audi SUV, of course he drives and Audi, he's rich. Throughout the day Sebastian tried to convince me that I should give him my number next time he comes in, but I just didn't know if I should, I've heard the reputation that hockey boys get, they're cheaters and apparently not great partners. I don't know if I want to get into all that. No matter how cute he is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 714 60
As the title says it, this is an imagine book with the Hughes brothers + a few additional players. THERE IS NO SMUT! ON HOLD Started: 12/06/23 Edited...
443K 4.2K 68
We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weekend.
4.1M 80K 47
"It's kind of ironic, you know? My life has always revolved around being on ice. It only makes sense that I met the girl I love after she slipped on...
43.9K 484 48
"You can't be serious?" I stare at him in disbelief, blinking as I notice there isn't any sign of a lie. "Why would I marry you? I mean I see your be...