The Secrets You Keep

By Cameilla_Heartz

Theodore Nott X OC Ontari Riddle, a headstrong girl with a strong will and an even stronger wit. Her parents... More

The Cast
001- That's good
002- Chocolate Frogs
003- Watching the stars
004- Partyyy

005- Hogsmeade

2 0 0
By Cameilla_Heartz

Theo's POV

It was 6 in the morning when I woke up, thank Merlin it was Saturday. I looked down on the woman on top of me. She was laying asleep with not a care in the world. Seeing her like this made me forget about everything.

She looked so beautiful asleep, she was truly one of a kind. I mean everything from her toes to her hair was perfect, this woman was exceptional. I could have gone on looking at her for hours until my mind wandered to her brothers.

Tom and Mattheo Riddle, they were my best friends. We all grew up together, so how would they react if they found out I had slept with their sister? They would be livid if I even touched her, and I was their best friend. They treated her like she was this precious gem that couldn't be touched. If she was, all hell would break loose.

I didn't want anything to happen, I mean this was probably just another drunken mistake, a really big mistake. It'd be best to act normal and pretend like it meant nothing, right?

I was still wrapped in my own mind when she started to stir and wake up. I could feel her heartbeat and her warm skin on my chest. I wish I could stay like this forever but that was highly unlikely.

She finally opened her brown eyes and I watched her as she slowly became aware of her surroundings. She blinked a couple times and wiped the sleep from her face. She sat up, somehow still totally unaware of my presence. I decided not to say anything first, I'd leave that up to her. She looked at my room, a wave of confusion visibly hit her face.

When she finally looked down at me I was already staring up at her.

"Theodore!" She jumped back in shock. Quickly covering up her body with my blankets as if I wasn't just all over her a couple hours prior.

I stayed quiet, looking at her in her state of confusion and panic. "We..." She stopped, looking for the right words. So I said them for her.

"We fucked." She tilted her head and blinked at my sudden bluntness. She got up from the bed, taking my blankets with her, leaving me exposed. She looked around the room, I just assumed she was looking for her clothes.

She turned around and looked me in the eyes for a moment, then her eyes wandered down. Her eyes widened before quickly turning away and resumed finding her clothes.

It wasn't long before she found them and dressed. She shook her head as she threw the blanket back on me. "My brother's are going to be furious." She said as the realization finally hit her.

"It shouldn't have even happened." I dropped back onto my pillow after I said that. Looking up at the ceiling, avoiding her gaze. What I said was as untrue as it was harsh, but I couldn't just say I wanted and liked it could I? I knew she was hurt by the sudden silence that came from her.

Since she wasn't going to say something I continued to, I sighed and got up on my elbows. "Look, this was a drunken mistake. Something not worth telling anyone, for both our sakes. We should just go about our lives and pretend it never happened." Her eyes were big and brown, staring into mine like I had just insulted her in 20 different ways. I probably did, I knew she wasn't as good in relationships as I was, and what I just told her probably broke her heart.

But this wasn't even a relationship, this was a one night stand between two teenagers that were very drunk. Whatever feelings I may have had for her before this were irrelevant, same with hers.

"You think this was a mistake?" She finally spoke out. She was playing with her fingers, nervous for my response

What I wanted to say would not leave my lips so I decided to avoid her question. "We should pretend it never happened."

She stared at me for a moment, as if she was looking for a different answer in my eyes. After some time part of her finally gave up and she nodded slowly. She gave me the best smile she could come up with. "I'm good at pretending." She mumbled under her breath before walking out without another word.

I heard what she said but decided to not put another thought to it.

Ontari's POV

I walked back to my dorm in silence. Everyone would either be in their dorms just waking up or still asleep. I tried my hardest not to think of Theo or Mattheo or Tom. I tried my hardest not to think of anything, I took a deep breath and opened the door to my dorm.

Solana walked out of the bathroom when she heard the door. I could see her smile drop when she saw my face. She came up to me and hugged me. No words were said but this was a nice feeling. She brought me to the bed and we sat down. "Who did it? What happened?" I exhaled and leaned my head on her shoulder. "Theodore." I breathed his name out. She rubbed my back and we sat in silence.

Solana was always there to comfort me. She was sweet and kind and wouldn't kill someone for looking at me the wrong way. What I liked about her was that she a great listener, she would also be ready to fight someone for me which was comforting coming from her since she wasn't much for fighting of any sort

She also knew all about my feelings for Theo. She would listen to my delusions and wouldn't judge, she'd tell me that he'll see the amazing woman I am one day, and he'll be on his knees for me. If only that were true.

My head was pounding, I never really drank as much as I did last night. I don't understand how people can drink so much one night knowing how bad they'll feel in the morning.

"Can you tell me what happened? Do I need to beat his ass or not?" That made me laugh, I could always count on Solana to make me laugh in sad times. "We..." I took a deep breath and continued. "We had sex." Her eyes widened, she'd totally have a different reaction if I were more happy about it. She'd be happy for me, I mean I've only had a crush on him for the past 10 years. "We both got really drunk last night and he said it was a mistake." I choked the words out as my voice started to break. "Oh Tari." She rubbed my back as I laid my head down in her lap.

A little while later I stepped into the bathroom to freshen up. I turned on the shower and looked at myself in the mirror. Crying over a boy is insane, especially Theodore Nott. A boy I've known for years, I know most of his secrets, I know his emotions, I even know when he lies. And I definitely know how he is with girls. I will not be one of his girls he can add to his very long list and then forget about.

I calmed down in the shower and got ready for the day. Solana offered to take me to Hogsmeade, to get my mind off of you know who. And knowing me I could not possibly decline.

We sat down in a little shop, we were drinking butterbeer, having a good time, laughing and talking. My mind was totally off of Theodore Nott, Solana's plan had worked. Well that was until three familiar faces walked in. Mattheo, Enzo, and Theo.

Merlin no, no no no. I cannot do this now, I cannot see him right now. Especially not with my brother right next to him.

My thoughts were overwhelming me. Solana rested her hand on top of mine, we were an united front and no one could come between us. That was until I saw her glance at Enzo and he glanced back at her smiling. Enzo's known to be sort of a player so I just thought it was casual flirting between the two.  That was until I realized for the past couple weeks Enzo's had a secret girl he's messing around with and Solana's been gone off with "friends" around the same time.

I could feel Theodore's eyes burning a hole into my back. I tried my very hardest to not look at him, especially not with Mattheo right there. I decided to just ignore him until the boys left.

I took a deep breath and smiled at Solana. Mattheo pulled out a chair and sat next to me. He rested his chin on my shoulder and pulled my hair just to piss me off. I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the side and he laughed.

"Where's Blaise?"

"He's with Pansy." Mattheo answered.

Theo and Enzo stood behind me while Mattheo sat next to me and Solana sat in front of me. "Do you guys want to hang out?" Enzo asked me and Solana. "No." I didn't hesitate to decline. Mattheo poked his gum with his tongue and looked at me confused.

"Why not?"

"I don't feel well." I lied.

"What's wrong?" Mattheo asked.

"Just a headache, I'll be fine." I lied again.

"Then you're more than able to come with us, Solana too." Mattheo smirked.

"Fine." I looked at Solana and she looked back at me. I sighed and we all got up and walked out.

We went to a candy store nearby and I went straight to the chocolate frogs. Enzo and Solana seemed to not want their relationship to be a secret anymore since they were very close and all. I was happy for Solana, sure Enzo was a bit of an asshole and a player but he was kind mostly and a romantic from what I could tell.

Mattheo was gone, he probably saw a girl and decided to follow her and get her number or whatever the hell he does with women. So that left me and Theo alone, again.

Usually I wouldn't be complaining, but since this morning he was the last person I ever wanted to see. I grabbed some candy and went to pay for it until Theo beat me to it. "I'll pay for it." He said in a way that wasn't an offer more like a demand. "No, I got it." He moved my body from the register and paid. I stared at him in disbelief and walked away. He followed me of course.

Solana, Enzo, and Mattheo were nowhere to be seen. He grabbed my arm to stop me from moving. "Look, can we just talk? I don't like this new tension between us. Can we just go back to the way we were before?" I scoffed, utterly confused at what he just said. He wants to just go back to the way we were before? What even were we before? A crazy delusional girl in love with her older brothers' best friend and that best friend totally oblivious to her feelings? Hell no.

"What do you even want to talk about?" I crossed my arms waiting for his response.

"What happened last night." He said in his usual low voice.

"That was a mistake right?" I repeated his words.

He sighed. "I know what I said hurt you. I also know what I said wasn't true."

I blinked, waiting for him to continue.

"Can we go somewhere private to talk?" He didn't wait for me to answer. He practically dragged me to an area where we could talk. I hadn't seen this place before, though he looked like it was nothing new.

"I know this is probably something stupid to say but you seem really different. I know you Tari, you would usually have a lot to say." He chuckled slightly.

I licked my lips and exhaled. I mean of course I'm acting differently, last night was something different. I feel like a different person, which is probably a cliche.

He seemed to have read my mind. He tilted his head and stepped closer to me. "Was last night your first time?"

My heart sank to my stomach, I breathed in and out and finally answered his question. "Yes."

His eyes widened, he was completely flabbergasted.

I continued, seeing that he wasn't going to say something. "Look, me and Cedric lasted a little while, but we never really went that far. I guess I never really felt comfortable doing it with him so I never did."

"I... I was your first?"

I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"I guess I just felt comfortable with you, even though I was drunk."

"Bella, I'm not..." He stopped, trying to find the right words to say.

I was listening, I was happy. I mean I don't speak Italian but I know for certain, he just called me beautiful. I would totally learn Italian for this man, I'm just saying.

"I like you, a lot. But I'm not the person you should be falling for. What we're doing is wrong and I need you to see that." I sighed and nodded.

"I like you too, a lot. But I'm willing to do whatever I need to do in order to be with you, I need you to see that."

I walked off and found the group. He followed shortly behind me and we all went back to the castle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 24.8K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
860K 29.7K 106
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
444K 18.3K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...