Introverts

By -spookyy

Introvert: noun A shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person. The bad part about being an introvert is... More

Mind Reader
Leave The Deaf Kid Hanging
Augustus Dies
Better Than Fireworks
Normal
I Never Said I Loved You
Car Radio
Movie Moments
Testing The Waters
First For Everything
Complications That Are Connor Franta
Pros and Cons
Finally Got The Boy
Prove It
Tuesday
Fazed
Seeing The Good In Him
100 QUESTIONS
Understandable Accusations
A Walking Sickness
Something Only You'll Regret
Fading Away
Lost Lovers
Ninja Turtle Piggy Bank
Goodbyes
You're Gonna Wanna Read This
Trailer Contest

At Least He's Pretty

5.1K 298 418
By -spookyy

T R O Y E
I can hear my mother's voice calling up to me for dinner. But I don't reply, and am definitely not hungry. After the day I had, I'd most likely puke it up. This school is weird, and not in a good way.

I can easily tell who runs it, in terms of stereotypes. One guy, by the name Tyler Oakley is practically a god in that place. Then you had his two best friends, Dan and Joe. It isn't a normal looking group of jockeys either. Actually, they aren't jocks at all.

Tyler has white hair that's always styled into a perfect quiff, is a tad bit shorter than everyone else, and has a good sense of style. Dan has brown hair that's always swept into a side fringe, is taller than even me, and is a type of pretty Mrs. Burr would be proud of. Joe has brown hair that's in a curly quiff, is as short as Tyler, and also has pretty amazing style. Not your typical popular crowd if I say so myself.

It's weird because they're even more popular than the jocks. I'll have to find out why, in a non attention drawing way. I also saw Connor again at lunch. It was weird, he was hanging out with a group of kids who really like to use their hands when they talk. His friends were fairly cute too. My favorite having to be this really perky blonde. I could hear his laugh across the cafeteria and it was definitely cute. But not as cute as Connor, I wonder what his laugh sounds like...

"Troye Sivan Mellet! Don't make me come up there and get you!" I groan. Stumbling down the stairs I think of excuses I can give on not eating.

"Mom, I'm not hungry." I whine, she shoots me a glare.

"Your eating."

"But I'm going to throw up if I do!" She turns back to me and gives me a questioning look, that quickly turns into a blank stare.

"If you puke on my floor you're cleaning it up." I groan again, but sit this time. I see Sage and Tyde sitting in there usual chairs, but Steele is nowhere to be found.

"Where's Steele?" I ask.

"He's playing football with some old friends." I just roll my eyes at my brothers inability to sit still for twenty minutes. "You should go next time." My father speaks again. I laugh at this.

"That's physically impossible." I try to ignore his disappointed look. All my siblings are athletic. Even beauty guru Sage. So I can't help but feel like a let down when I stay inside on my laptop instead of going out for a round of frisbee. They stopped trying to force me when I hit 15, realizing I was a lost cause.

"I met this really cute guy." Sage speaks, earning everyone's attention.

"Oh?" My dad questions.

"Ya, he's deaf actually. Super sweet." My mom does a little 'ah' as she takes her place at the table.

"Have you met anyone Troye?" She asks. I shake my head, earning a sigh. "You need to get out there, you can't be alone forever."

"I'm not alone. I have Kayla, and my internet friends." She just rolls her eyes at this.

"No Troye. I mean people you can hang out with on a regular basis."

"Why? I'm perfectly fine with being alone. It's comforting." No one talks after this, things get uncomfortable after a while and I finish my food quickly. "Excuse me." I say, bringing my dishes to the sink.

Why is me wanting to be alone such a big deal? I mean, who made a rule against wanting independence? Especially when you can easily hear all the horrible things people think on an everyday basis. I just want to be happy, is that too much to ask for?

Oh, but I guess it is. Being in my state of mind, I couldn't risk being affectionate to the people around me. So I slowly built up walls and set boundaries for myself, when all I want is someone to hold. But I can't, any type of contact is not only intrusive, but scares the living shit out of me.

What if I'm not good enough? What if they hate me because there's no cure to the madness inside my head? I guess if I look on the bright side, no one would be able to lie to me. I could just read there thoughts and know exactly how they feel about me. But, it's not such a positive thing, constantly knowing what other people think of you. Especially when it's mostly bad.

I'll never fall in love, I'll never get a happily ever after. I'll be an old cat man, living with 30 cats and appearing in an episode of Hoarders. I physically cringe. My phone begins to buzz in
my pocket and I see Kayla's name light up. I sigh, answering it slowly.

"Troye Sivan, I know you did not purposely ignore my text messages."

"Well hello to you too." I laugh at her sassy tone, bathing in the sound of her familiar voice.

"Don't back talk me boy, spill."

"There's nothing really exciting about it. It's just like every other school."

"So it's not like mean girls?"

"Haha no. But there is one off thing."

"Oh?"

"I'm pretty sure the school is ran by gay guys." She laughs at this, and I feel slightly insulted. "What's so funny?"

"Troye! Don't you see it?"

"No...what?"

"Those are your people! You're in your element." I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Just because I'm also gay it doesn't mean that their 'my people'. And plus, no one at the school knows I'm gay, and I'd prefer to keep it that way."

"Why would you do that?" She sounds genuinely offended by my decision to keep my sexuality a secret.

"I don't know, it's not their business." I say, my voice weak.

"Whatever, listen to this.." She then begins to fill me in on the latest Perth drama. We talk for about an hour before I get tired and hang up, leaving her to bombard me with mean text messages.

*Time Skip*
I can hear My Chemical Romance playing as I open my eyes groggily. Oh, yay! Another day of being the new boy. Definitely excited, note my sarcasm. I throw on a black American Horror Story T-shirt and some tan skinny jeans, doing my hair like I always do. Today wouldn't be as bad as yesterday, but it definitely wouldn't be good. Under any circumstance.

After force feeding myself a banana and grabbing my bookbag, I hop in my car and begin the short drive to school. As usual, all heads turn when I pull in, my loud car gaining the eyes of the whole fucking world. I groan and make a mental note to go through some mud or something after school.

Walking up to the building, I feel a hand on my shoulder before I reach the door.

What a nice ass this little twink has

I turn around, facing the boy I had run into in the hall yesterday, Tyler.

"Hey." He says, causally massaging my shoulder in a way he probably meant to be seductive. I shrug his hand off.

"Hello." His eyes widen at my accent.

"Where you from?"

"Australia." I say, giving him a bored expression.

"Ohh that's cute. What's your name?"

"Troye, with an e." He giggles at that, but I just stare back at him.

"Well, it was nice meeting you." When I don't reply he looks at the floor, obviously embarrassed. His problem, not mine. I turn on my heels and walk away, not wanting to stand in his presence any longer. I take a seat in the same one as yesterday, debating putting my bag in the seat next to me. But then where would the poor boy sit? I sigh and leave it on the floor. When everyone starts to fill in I pull out my supplies, not looking over when I feel a body sit next to me.

I wonder if the teacher will put the lesson on the board today

My eyes widen and I move over a bit, trying to lose the contact I've just made with Connor. He doesn't seem to notice, just focuses on the board as the teacher tells us to write down notes from our textbooks.

I begin to work, before realizing Connors just sitting there, staring at the board. Isn't he going to work? I nudge him quickly, not wanting to hear another thought. He looks at me startled and I admire his face.

"You gonna take the notes?" His eyes find my lips, and a million different things shoot through my head. Oh my god, is he trying to kiss me? Why else do you look at someone else's lips? Who even is this guy? He looks at my eyes again. "Hello?" I say.

He slowly points to his ears, almost like he didn't want to, or was scared of my reaction. I follow the movement, watching as he swallows roughly.

"What does that mean?" I ask, scrunching my eyebrows. "Why don't you just tell me what the fuck you're talking about?" My frustrations beginning to seep into my words. He pouts, which is absolutely the cutest thing in the whole world before he turns to me completely. Our knees connect.

This is impossible. At least he's pretty.

I narrow my eyes at this. What does that mean?! He repeats the action and I shake my head, clearly not understanding. He looks to the floor, almost sad. Then he looks up again and writes on my paper. I read it, shocked.

I'm deaf.

I look back to him with wide eyes. Well shit.
-----
A/N
I feel like i have a bit of both Connor and Troye in me. And a whole lot of Tyler if I'm honest. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 938 26
Why am I still in this cruel world if I can't love who I want to love? ☼ © awkwardciifford 2015 TRIGGER WARNING ! contains self harm
3.9K 179 20
1.attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive. 2.characterized by...
1.3M 53.3K 62
Ag·gres·sive əˈɡresiv/ adjective Pursuing one's aims and interests forcefully, sometimes unduly so.... I hate descriptions but this is worth...
259K 12.8K 18
"you don't talk much, do you?" the boy asked her. -- she shook her head. ━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━ where a boy who's popular and outgoing, and a girl who's...