Ayano Aishi, the Emotionless...

By BelleAmant

STATUS: COMPLETE Ayano Aishi is new to Akademi High, and while this should be exciting, she can't exactly fee... More

Week Zero, Thursday
Week Zero, Friday
Week One, Monday
Week One, Tuesday
Week One, Wednesday
Week One, Thursday
Week One, Friday
Week One, Saturday
Week Two, Monday
Week Two, Tuesday
Week Two, Wednesday
Week Two, Thursday
Week Two, Friday
Week Two, Saturday
Week Three, Sunday
Week Three, Monday
Week Three, Tuesday
Week Three, Wednesday
Week Three, Thursday
Week Three, Friday
Week Three, Saturday
Not a chapter
Week Four, Sunday
Week Four, Monday
Week Four, Tuesday
Week Four, Wednesday
Week Four, Thursday
Week Four, Friday
Week Four, Saturday
Week Five, Monday
Week Five, Tuesday
Week Five, Wednesday
Week Five, Thursday
Week Five, Friday
Week Five, Saturday
Week Six, Sunday
Week Six, Monday
Week Six, Tuesday
Week Six, Wednesday
Through His Eyes
Week Six, Thursday
Week Six, Friday
Week Six, Saturday
Week Seven, Monday
Week Seven, Tuesday
Special Chapter
Week Seven, Wednesday
Week Seven, Thursday
Week Seven, Friday
Week Seven, Saturday
Week Eight, Sunday
Week Eight, Monday
Special Chapter Again :3
Week Eight, Tuesday
Week Eight, Wednesday
Week Eight, Thursday
Week Eight, Friday
Week Eight, Saturday
Week Nine, Sunday
Week Nine, Monday
Week Nine, Tuesday
Week Nine, Wednesday
Week Nine, Thursday
Week Nine, Friday
Week Ten, Monday
Week Ten, Tuesday
Week Ten, Wednesday
Week Ten, Thursday
Week Ten, Friday
Week Ten, Saturday
Week Eleven, Monday
Week Eleven, Tuesday
Week Eleven, Thursday
Week Eleven, Friday
The Extra Chapter

Week Eleven, Wednesday

130 13 4
By BelleAmant

Week Eleven, Wednesday

    Ayano wakes up with a song in her head and love in her heart. Well, the love has been there for weeks, but it feels stronger and freer with every passing day. The song, however, is temporary, but it’s a good one, so Ayano hums it as she goes through her morning routine. She smiles as she pulls on her choker and fixes her bow tie, then she grabs her bag and heads out of her house.

    She’s greeted by all eight of her crushes as she locks the front door, and she smiles at them all as soon as she turns around.

    “Good morning, guys,” Ayano greets, and they return the sentiment. “So, what’s everyone doing today?”

    Most of them, of course, are just going to their clubs. Only two people have any variations for their club time plans.

    “I plan to show Gaku around the club room and the backstage area, darling, should he plan to return,” Kizano says. “I am rather hurt, however, that he ran out as soon as club time ended without saying if he will come back or join us.”

    Osorō snorts. “Gaku is kinda shy, cut him some slack.” He rolls his eyes. “All of the boys are tryin’ to branch out and join clubs, but most of them are scared.”

    Hanakō frowns. “Why are they scared?”

    “They’ve been going out of their way for months to act intimidating, and now they’re letting their guards down,” Ayano explains calmly. “They’re worried that people will reject them.”

    Hanakō pouts. “Well, everyone deserves a second chance, and you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover!”

    Ayano feels her heart warm, and she can’t help her smile from growing. “You’re a sweetheart, Hanakō, and you’re right.”

    Hanakō blushes and beams at her. “Thank you, Senpai.”

    Amao clears his throat, getting everyone’s attention. “Osorō, you said that they’re all trying to join clubs? What are the others interested in joining?”

    Osorō shrugs. “Well, Dairoku is into science and all of that nerd crap, so he’s been geeking out about the Science Club. Hokuto is going to try joining the Art Club, because he enjoys that sort of stuff. He’ll fit right in, he’s pretty good at painting. Hayanari believes in ghosts and demons, so he’s probably going for the Occult Club. He didn’t say, but it’s easy to read that boy.”

    Oko fidgets with his choker, eyes wide. “Oh, really? That’s...wonderful. I didn’t think anyone would want to join…”

    Osorō shakes his head. “Nah, he likes all of that stuff. Thinks it’s cool or whatever.”

    “And what about Umeji?” Ayano asks.

    “Oh, he’s going to be joining me in the Cooking Club. He’s obsessed with sweets.”

    Amao smiles. “That’s wonderful. I’m glad that another person wants to join my club.”

    Ayano smiles, too. “So he’s going to join after school today?” She asks.

    Osorō nods. “Yeah, I convinced them all to start pursuing their interests. Can’t expect them to give up on their passions, you know?”

    Ayano giggles. “I can’t wait to be there for his first day. I’m sure it’ll be wonderful.”

    Osorō smiles back. “Yeah, of course.”

    The rest of the walk is mindless chatter, and Ayano happily listens when the boys talk about their specific interests. Aso, once again, reminds her of his competition that’s this weekend, and Ayano promises to come.

    Vaguely, she wonders if the Sunday competition time will be when her parents finally arrive back home. She wonders if her parents will care if she’s not home when they show up.

    She doesn’t really care, to be completely honest. 

    When they reach the school, Ayano and Megamo head up to the Student Council room. The other four members are already there, and they smile when they see the two.

    “Hey,” Shiromi says, “you two seem to be showing up at the same time recently. Why’s that?” She’s smirking as she talks, but that’s not unusual.

    Ayano smiles back. “Well, of course we are. Megamo has been walking with me to and from school.”

    Aoi raises an eyebrow, her single eye filled with curiosity. “Oh? He started walking you to school? SInce when?”

    “He just recently joined us, why?” Ayano isn’t sure why all of the girls seem so interested, but Megamo is red faced and looks anywhere but at her.

    “Us?” Akane asks, confused.

    “Yes? There’s nine of us that walk to school everyday. Sometimes more.” Ayano shrugs. “It’s nice.”

    For some reason, all of the girls seem disinterested after that, moving to get work done. In just a few minutes, Ayano is sitting in a silent room with Megamo, and they both start to work. Ayano picks up the first paper for the year one class, reading silently. She reads through the papers quickly, going through nearly a dozen of the files because they’re so short right now. She has no doubts that she’ll be able to finish tomorrow afternoon, as long as she doesn’t get sidetracked too much.

    Ten minutes before the bell rings, Ayano picks up the file on Otohiko. She freezes when she sees his picture, the boy innocently smiling, looking as if he could never hurt a fly. He doesn’t look capable of being harmful, doesn’t look like he could do any wrong. 

    Ayano tears her gaze away from the paper when she feels a gloved hand on her shoulder. She looks up, and Megamo’s face looks blurry. Why is it blurry?

    She rubs her eyes, and her hands become wet. She blinks back tears before she can start to cry. She’s not sure why she’s so affected by a photo , but she can’t help but be grateful that Megamo just patiently stands beside her, that he never lets go of her shoulder. The touch grounds her, and she smiles shakily at him.

    Slowly, Megamo reaches for the papers and takes it from Ayano. She keeps her eyes off of it, ignoring the picture. He looks through it quickly, as if keeping it out for too long will only upset her again.

    He may be right.

    “Where do you want this one?” He asks, voice soft. 

    Ayano quickly makes a section for the pink haired boy, the wolf in sheep’s clothing, and Megamo slips the papers in, then shuts the filing cabinet. Ayano doesn’t protest, there’s only two minutes left and Ayano doesn’t feel like trying right now. Instead, she lets Megamo pull her out of her seat, and she embraces him. She feels light and safe, and Megamo doesn’t let her go until the bell has rung. Then, and only then, does he unwind his arms from around her, and she steps away, smiling gratefully. He nods, and they walk to her classroom.

    Megamo may not be the best with words, he may not be the most outspoken of the group. But he’s always ready to help her however he can, and Ayano loves him for all that he does, and all that he is.

    Class is slow, but Ayano takes it as a chance to push away any thoughts of Otohiko. He’s gone, he’s been gone , and Ayano has no reason to worry.

    And, looking at her friends in the class, she knows that she’d be safe if he ever managed to get out. 

    The thought makes her smile, and morning classes end on a good note. 

    Lunch passes by quickly, and Ayano is glad to be surrounded by all of her friends. She feels safer, and if Megamo sticks especially close, she won’t mention it. She just appreciates his friendship, and is glad that all of these wonderful people wanted to have her in their lives.

    Afternoon classes don’t drag on like the morning ones did, and soon enough Ayano is heading to the Cooking Club. The club room is crowded when Ayano and Osano step in, already full enough from the usual club members. Kokona smiles when Osorō walks in, Umeji right behind him. 

    Luckily, it only takes a few minutes for the club members to warm up to Umeji. Already used to having Osorō in the club, they’re not fazed by the delinquent’s look and invite him openly. Umeji takes longer, startled by their open attitudes, but he smiles and lets them pull him in. By the end of club time, he’s joking with Mei, and she’s blushing and joking right back. It’s a wonderful start.

    Heading home, Ayano feels good. While the morning put the day off to a bad start, her friends’ presence alone were enough to make her feel better. By the time she falls asleep, she’s ready to face the next day.

    The walls around her heart are nearly gone.

Notes:

(⁠ ⁠⚈̥̥̥̥̥́⁠⌢⁠⚈̥̥̥̥̥̀⁠)

1455 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 3.8K 37
𝙸. ↳𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 you move back to tokyo. after being years away, you finally get to see your two best friends and live a happy and normal life as a t...
20.3K 1K 62
A new world, found by accident, presents itself to Ayano. It's a restart, her chance at a better world. Ayano thinks this world is a restart but litt...
289 10 12
(!!NOTE!! I do NOT like yandev, however, I do enjoy his game/characters and thus, this spawn of hell was created c: also, this is a mature story with...
38.6K 1.4K 25
ᵐᵃˡᵉ ʳⁱᵛᵃˡˢ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ˣ ʸᵃⁿᵈᵉʳᵉ ᵏᵘⁿ ˣ ⁱⁿᶠᵒ ᵏᵘⁿ ᵐᵉⁿᵗⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵒᶠ: ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ, ᵍᵒʳᵉ, ᵛⁱᵒˡᵉⁿᶜᵉ, ˢʷᵉᵃʳⁱⁿᵍ, ᵇᵘˡˡʸⁱⁿᵍ