Osea in our world

By nacolitomahawk

A few days prior to the attack of Kingdom of Erusia on the Osean Federation,the entire Osea was gone in an ey... More

Chaotic Morning
Carrier Strike Group
Acknowledge
Angel Birds
First Impression
Chinese Encounter
Pacific Tensions
Alicorn
Gathering of Aces
Unplanned Battle
Battle of South Japan Sea(I)
Battle of South Japan Sea(II)
New Approach
Su-47L Berkut
Secret Weapons
Surprise Attack
War declaration
Open fire!
First Strike
Sword of Justice
Golden Eagle
Big stick diplomatic
Peaceful day
Sky of Felon
Zone of Endless
Yellow Terminators
Preparation stage
Coastal city(I)
Coastal city(II)
Coastal city(III)
After the battle
Marine Destruction
Snow Rainy Day
Wall Breaker(I)
Wall Breaker(II)
Joint Operation
Megalith
Aftermath
Fairchild
Experimental Unit
Mach 3.5
White Wings Angel
Flickering Nation
Economic Crisis
(Side story)-Escape from Vladivostok
Osean Coup d'etat
The Song of Sirens(I)
The Song of Sirens(II)
Capturing Oured
At Other Sides
uNGreeted Aerial Dominator
Above a War
Belkan Impression
Global Shift
To Belka
Intersection
Backstabber
Europe Air War
Battle of the High Sea(I)
Battle of the High Sea(II)
Before the Journey

Osean War

77 4 0
By nacolitomahawk

<<Watson,enemy on your left>>

The battle in the suburb of Oured is still on.

"Loaded,fire!"

As the tanks move further and further from the city center,return to their start point,their formation began to become thinner to fill up all the holes created while expanding the circle.With their Falkens guarding Oured and the ISEV,the tank brigade fights all depending on immediate ground firepower available,which is significantly weakened compared to what they are capable when still under the cover of the planes.

Seizing that opportunity,the ODF's infantry began to funnel into the street,trying to use the remaining anti-tank weapons to push the tanks away into where they could be struck by artillery power.

"Target hit!Enemy destroyed.Good job gentlemen"

But as soon as it started,the plan collapsed in a disaster for the ODF.Even without the air force,the Abramss,with the help of several ZSU-23's,had smashed into the defense line and was tearing them to pieces.Watson,inside the frontmost tank of the company,was being able to see how things had turned into their favor,as he participated in the combat.

<<Manticore 15 2 o'clock in your direction,M113>>

<<I got it,load HEAT,>>

Watson ordered his crew to reload the cannon,while himself searching for the enemy through the camera.Here is it,a M113 is approaching them and rapidly rains down wave after wave of ammo from its M2 Browning on top into his vehicle.Although the bullets can't penetrate the crew inside,the 12,7mm machine gun on top has been destroyed in the fire.

<<Ammunition's ready.Target at point blank range>>-the reloaded shouts out loud-<<Ready to fire>>

<<Fire!>>

The barrel of the Abrams blasted with a thunderous explosion,releasing a single ammunition out.The shell flew into the air,burning and ionizing the air surrounding it and setting them on an orangish flame,before it made contact with the front of the IFV and detonated,releasing its real deadly payload through the steel armor and killing the crew inside the M113.

No need for a second check,the Abrams withdrawn and trying to regroup with its allies.

However,from the corner of his camera as the turret spins around,Watson detects a silhouette flying in the air,rather much slower than a plane.It's a helicopter,but he can't make sure whether it's belonging to them,or the enemies.The tank draws its gun closer to have a clear look.

The vehicle is approaching his allies,they haven't fired any round.But the suspicious of its identity has raised the crew's cautious.As they move closer to the helicopter,the crew deployed a smoke screen around the tank to cover its movement.

"No white stripe"-Watson's voice echoes throughout the tank-"Probably an enemy,load HE"

<<Manticore 15,AH-64 in sight,they are aiming at Manticore 18>>-A call from Murphy confirmed his guess-<<They haven't noticed it yet,and probably need your help>>

<<I see it,I just need to know if it's possible to shoot them down>>

<<I wouldn't have informed you if I think it's couldn't be shot down>>

Hearing that,the crew of Manticore 15 quickly got back to work.While the loader is working with the ammo,the gunner who's sitting side by side with Watson carefully readjusted his aiming at the Apache with the help of FCS.

By pure coincidence,the AH-64 moves into his range,with the ammo loaded into the gun.Seizing that opportunity when they haven't been detected,the Abrams raises its barrel.

<<Fire!>>

Following Watson's command,another round came from the tank,striking into the helicopter as it hovered and brought it down to the ground.The pile of the former Apache exploded and blew everything around it,including Manticore 18.Thankfully,the armor had absorbed all the kinetic energy of the explosion and saved the crew.

<<Thank you>>-the other side reached out for them-<<We would be dead men if not for you>>

<<No need to thank me,you're welcome.Beside,regroup with Medusa 3 and 4,we have a bigger problem...>>

Through the scope,Watson saw a horde of M1A2s and M2s swarming into his position.The tracks began to move again,but backward,to find a position for ambush.

<<Big problem,indeed....>>

<<Come on,call Lavendel to help us>>-Watson said after his tank had inserted itself between two house-<<All civilians please leave the area immediately,we do not mean to harm any civilian....>>

<<StarLink network in active.Hello?Can anyone hear me?This is American CNN,along with our co-workers from KBS and BCC News,currently broadcasting from Osean Federation capital of Oured.>>

Seoul,South Korea

"Ameri,can I borrow your credit card?Mine is not working

The one who just said is Trigger,who's has just offered to pay for their breakfast with his credit card.But for some reason,his card came as malfunctioned.

"Hah"-Mobius sigh-"Let me see it"

"Thanks,I will pay you later"

Mobius takes out her credit card from her pocket and swipes it.

"Huh?"

But to her and Trigger's surprise,her card is malfunctioning as well,she tried it again,it's not working either.For some reason,both of their bank accounts were frozen in Osea.

Worse,the cashier's patience is coming to an end,as Trigger noticed.

"Ameri"-He suggested-"Do you have any cash?"

"I do have some,but I don't think it's enough to cover both"

"No worry,I can pay for myself"-Trigger takes out his wallet

After Trigger and Mobius made their payment in hard cash,they step out of the restaurant.Lucky enough that both have money to cover for themselves,but things are,they have no more money for anything,after both of their cards they have to walk home on their feet.

"But why tho?"-Trigger asked himself,if there is any possibility that both of them malfunction at the same time.Anything is possible,but yesterday when they checked it's still working well,so they both broken in just one night,less than 12 hours.Needless to say,the chance is low,he clearly knows that.

But the pilot next to him doesn't care about the possibilities.Flipping the card between her fingers,Mobius wondered whether or not she could get her fortune back.

"I have a hundred grants on my account"-She suddenly confessed,half-joking half-serious-"I have to send a request to unfreeze my account as soon as possible,no way I could live without that"

"Though you look way calmer than I am right now"

"I am panicking right now.Really"

Mobius sits on a bench along the street.Taking out her phone from the pocket,she searches for the Osean Central Bank website,where her bank account is,and looking for problem reports.

"Huh?"

But the website is not working,at all.

Mobius tries again,using VPN to back her searching.The result is still the same,the server is down and can't be other words,her account can't be recovered.

"James"-Mobius said with a calm voice to hide her panic-"Can you-"

"I can't contact either,we're having a big problem right now."

"Let's just say that they are fixing the website,and accidentally frozen our accounts."-Mobius tries to be as positive as possible-"We just have to wait until they discover the problem and unfreeze it.And everything should be fine...right?"

Trigger shakes his head

"No no,the network down is more likely.Other websites within the Osean region are not working either.Beside,the website and server are not directly connected,they can't just "accidentally" freeze anything by fixing the website-"

Suddenly,Trigger's phone rang out loud,dragging the attention of a few people walking on the street.

"Sorry"-He said in broken Korean and opened his phone-"Albert,what's the problem?"

"What is the problem you asked!?James,have you and Ameri checked the latest news on CNN?"

"No,this is South Korea,not the United States"

Suddenly,Trigger and Mobius noticed a group of people gathering around a TV shop,discussing something that had been shown on it.

"Ameri,wait for me here."

Out of curiosity,Trigger ended the call and walked toward the TV shop.And although being ordered to stay where she is,Mobius also followed him as well,fearing that she would lose him if she didn't.

"Excuse me"

As they went through the Koreans,a few words sound like "Oured" or "Osea" could be heard,although they can't be so sure since none speak any Korean.

"Ahh!"

Mobius finally broke through the horde of people,in exchange for her to be almost collided with the glass panel of the shop,if not for her fly mate to hold her back.Using her remaining free hand on the glass panel as a fulcrum,Mobius stands up right,not forgetting to thank Trigger.

"Than-"

But Mobius hadn't had a chance to say that,before an explosion sound dragged her and Trigger's attention away from what the TV was showing.

"A new film"

The TVs are displaying something that looks like a war movie with a headline written in Korean,which none of them could understand anything.Looking closer,there were some teared Osean Federation flags in the background,and the Space Elevator as well.Perhaps that's why they mentioned Osea in the first place.

The camera zoomed into a suburb that looked like the exact replicate of Oured's Trigger truly felt a chill in his spine,as he noticed his house in the background of the movies nowadays have that accuracy?

"Ey,Ameri,do you see that blue rooftop over there?"

"I see it,is that your house?"

"That's your house!?"

Suddenly,they both heard a voice coming from the behind.When turning back,Mobius realized a familiar face:

"Ah,it's you we met the previous time in Seoul.Nice to see you again."

It's the same woman that they met a few months ago when they first arrived in Seoul.When they realized that,Mobius and Trigger crumbled toward the woman,who stood there with her husband and son,who had just returned from the war,and offered a handshake.

"It's you two Osean pilots again."

"Yeah,it's us.May I ask you for a favor?Since we don't understand Korean,what is it saying in the headline?Why on earth they made a movie about the Osea collapse?The film industry can't wait for longer before milking our country for content?"-Mobius mildly joking

But when she saw the woman's unchanged face,Mobius rethink if there is anything serious.

"Oh...it...That's...the capital of Osea,please don't freak out when I say this"

"We....we're ready,what happened?"

"....."

"....."

"The tape is being streamed by KBS from Osea...the capital Oured of the Osean Federation had been caught in the crossfire of a coup attempt."

"Huh?"

Right at that moment,when looking at the TV,Trigger noticed Abrams tank hiding behind his neighbor's house and shooting out its projectiles into the enemy.The ammo was certainly not going into the building,but the thunder blasts of the barrel had blown away the windows and frontyard,leaving it with a mess to clean up.

"It....it just right next to my house"

A truck drove across the street with a white flag,carrying numerous women,children,and elderly people on its back.When the combatants saw it,they halted all fire.The Abrams also seized that opportunity to fix the damaged track.

As they passed through his house,an old couple showed up at the gate,it was Trigger's parents.

"Mom!Dad!"

"Are they your parents!?"

They both step onto the truck and leave the warzone,before the bullets rain down again behind their backs.Trigger and Mobius feel a bit of relief,thank God,that they are still alive.

But the fact that his parents showed up confirmed one thing:the war they see through this screen is not a film,Trigger's homeland is at war.The Osean Federation is at war with itself.

"Hold on,it's Albert again"-Trigger picks up his phone as he hears the ringtone-"I know what happened.Tell me,what should we do right now?"

The other side of the line spoke with a bit of distortion,seeming like he's talking in an isolated room-"James,Ameri,stay where you are,do not think about returning to Osea without my command.Of course,I will ensure your family's safety back home,no need for worry-"

"Wait wait wait,shouldn't we help the government to put down the rebels?Aren't they the ones who paid us to fight?"

"....."

"....Albert?"

"Do not disobey my command.Stay where you are,until I decide which side shall we be on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 435 28
*SEQUEL TO TWISTING WEB ONLINE! GO CHECK THAT OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T!* * It's been months and Osra is still missing. Some within the Hearts of Light have...
156K 3.9K 55
Amidst escalating Chinese aggression in the Pacific, Japan and the United States maintained their strong alliance, fully aware of the looming possibi...
2.3K 145 76
Guns, revenge and buildings to bomb, what could go wrong? ✮ He came in, gun held out in front of him in one hand while the other was resting on his h...
216 17 3
Combat Jack, widespread killings, mangled corpses, dumb-ass officers, equipment shortage, confusion, command incompetence, friendly fire, collateral...