Our Alchemy Love ||Newt Scama...

By itz-stuts

The tale unfolds when a gentle Hufflepuff lad, fond of magical creatures, encounters the vivacious and chaoti... More

Oc Profile + A/n
*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺Outfit Board༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚
Playlist
Chapter 1
☼✧↪ Arc 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
☼✧↪ Arc 2
!The Pendragon Family!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
☼✧↪ Arc 3
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
𝙼𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚈𝚘𝚞, 𝙰𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛
𝓔𝓾𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓪
ᗪᖇOᗯᑎIᑎG Iᑎ ᕼEᖇ ᒪOᐯE
𝙵𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢
𝖯𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗇𝖺𝗇𝖼𝗒 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖼𝖺𝗇𝗈𝗇𝗌
ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪꜰ
ƭσσƭɦ α૮ɦε
🅢🅘🅒🅚 🅓🅐🅨
𝔗𝔢𝔞𝔪 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩
𝒰𝓃𝒸𝓁𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂
𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕨 𝕦𝕡 𝕥𝕠𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕤𝕥
Farewell

Chapter 23

47 4 1
By itz-stuts

3rd pov:

That night at Hog's Head, Aberforth offered the Qilin a saucer of milk, instantly perking up the creature and eliciting happy sounds as it leaned over contentedly. Bunty watched with a smile, enjoying the interaction.

Suddenly, the front door rattled, and a rush of wind and snow scattered into the pub. Voices and the stamping of boots heralded the entrance of Dumbledore, Newt, Genevieve, Theseus, Jacob, Lally, William, and Adrien sleeping peacefully in Newt's arms.

"Bunty, you're here," Newt greeted her with a smile, and Bunty responded with a nod and a smile of her own.

"How is she?" Genevieve asked, crouching down beside the Qilin, which nuzzled into her palm.

"She's doing fine," Bunty replied as a baby niffler rolled out of her hand and wandered into Genevieve's palm.

"Whoa, What have you done now, Alfie? You haven't been biting on Timothy's bottom again, have you?" Genevieve teased the niffler playfully before standing up.

"Ms. Broadacre, I trust my brother has been a gracious host?" Dumbledore inquired of Bunty.

"Yes, he has been wonderful," Bunty confirmed, casting a grateful glance at Aberforth.

"I'm delighted to hear that. Rooms have been arranged for you in the village, and Aberforth here will prepare a delicious dinner for you, his own recipe," Dumbledore announced with a warm smile, ensuring their comfort for the night.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Aberforth ladles a thick, grayish stew into the chipped bowls placed before the group seated at the long table. "There's more if you want," Aberforth grumbles out before heading toward the stairs. "Thank you," William offers politely, which earns him a brief nod from Aberforth, who continues on his way.

As the group starts eating the stew, Theseus comments, "Astonishing...never has something so repellent look and taste so delicious." The Qilin chirps happily in agreement.

"Completely agreed," Genevieve chimes in between spoonfuls. Jacob, noticing the Qilin, gestures to her and asks about her. "Hey there, do you mind?" he inquires playfully.

Newt and Genevieve observe Jacob interacting with the Qilin over his stew. "She's a Qilin, Jacob. Incredibly rare and cherished in the Wizarding world," Newt explains. "Why?" Jacob questions, clearly intrigued.

"Because she has a unique ability to perceive the purity of one's heart," William elaborates. "If you're good and worthy, she'll recognize that. But if you're cruel and cunning, she'll know that too."

Jacob, surprised, asks, "Does she just tell you that outright?" Newt shakes his head. "Not exactly... it's more of a gesture, really"

"Well, She bows, but only to those truly pure of heart," Lally interjects, capturing Jacob's attention. "Most of us aren't, no matter how hard we try. There was a time, long ago, when the Qilin chose who would lead us."

Jacob finishes his stew and notices the Qilin's empty milk bowl. With a smile, he spoon-feeds the creature some stew, which makes Newt and Genevieve grin at the heartwarming sight. Just then, Newt catches sight of the mirror nearby, piquing his curiosity. Words are surfacing, one by one:

I want to come home.

"Where are you off to?" Newt inquired as Genevieve nudged him. "Just a little stroll, I suppose," Genevieve replied casually as she left the table.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Genevieve walked through the Pendragon family graveyard until she stood before Damian's grave. The epitaph read, 

"HERE LIES DAMIAN PENDRAGON, 

A BRAVE

VISIONARY  

AND A WONDERFUL BROTHER.

She smiled softly, addressing her late brother, "Hello, brother."

Tears welled in Genevieve's eyes as she spoke, "It's been a confusing day. I suppose you already know what I'm going to say... I... I killed someone today. More specifically, Dolores." She bit her lip, struggling to hold back tears. "If it weren't for our father... that wretched man... you'd still be here with me. I guess you were always afraid that I would lean into my chaotic madness and do something like this. Hmm?"

"That explains all the 'Tone it down, that's not good' stuff. Loving me in shape, I suppose, was the plan," she scoffed bitterly.

"I... I believed everything you said because I loved you... I'm... sorry." Genevieve's voice trembled as she wiped her tears, clearing her throat before continuing.

"But the thing is... in that moment, I didn't regret it. I guess you and Newt would really hate me after this, huh? Not that I wouldn't agree... I would hate myself too," she admitted with a sad smile.

"I'm not you... you were so sweet and kind. I guess I always saw that in Newt... I'm not all that... You were so bright that the world just crushed your light, eh?"

" I guess Dolores was always right, I am over the bend, entirely bonkers but Henry never realized that I was born brilliant  born bad and a little bit, Well mad," Genevieve chuckled bitterly.

"Anyway, this won't be the last time I see you, or by the end of it, I'll possibly meet you. So must dash, Much to avenge revenge and destroy" she said, knowing there would be no reply.

"But I do love you. Always" She said sadly as she turned around, Genevieve was shocked to see Newt sitting under the tree next to her real mother's grave. "Newt... What are you doing here?"

"Thought I might find you here," Newt said, patting the seat next to him. Genevieve hesitated before sighing and taking a seat beside him.

"How long have you been here?" she asked nervously.

"A fair amount of time," Newt replied, looking down and idly playing with a rock in his hand.

After a few moments of silence, Genevieve began with a heavy sigh, "I've been rather distraught. I'm sorry."

"Why did you do it?" Newt whispered gently.

"I never explained to you how my brother died, did I?" Genevieve asked, and Newt shook his head.

"I see," Genevieve acknowledged, and an awkward silence fell between them, something rare for their interactions. She continued, "My birth mother passed away while giving birth to me. Since then, I've had only Damian. Despite him being one of those pesky Gryffindors, I used to look up to him a lot," she added with a light chuckle.

"After our mother's death, my father grew distant. We became mere pawns for his wealth. But Damian never quite grasped that. He was too innocent for his own good. Dolores planted the idea in my father's mind to coerce Damian into becoming one of Grindelwald's followers. When Damian refused and threatened to report them to the Ministry, they considered eliminating him. Being an Auror, it was natural for him to be sent on a mission. When he returned, he was severely injured, beyond saving... Henry did nothing. He let Damian perish to avoid a reduction in their income as Aurors!" Genevieve explained, tears streaming down her face. She wiped her eyes and stood up.

"It's alright if you can't forgive me, or if you need space. Just please, don't tell William or Adrien about this," Genevieve pleaded as she turned to leave. But Newt grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug, causing her to cry even more.

"I forgive you, and I'm sorry. You're not wicked or heartless. Nobody is perfect. I've never thought of you in such a light. The Evie I know is chaotic yet sweet, full of joy and curiosity. But most importantly, she has a heart that cares deeply, whether for a creature or a person. She protects those she loves," Newt comforted, kissing the top of her head and offering solace during her emotional moment.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

In Nurmengard, a legion of dark-clad figures gathers around the castle's entrance. Grindelwald and Credence stride towards the assembled group, who make way for their leader. As they reach the entrance, Grindelwald turns to address the crowd. "Our time is close, my brothers and sisters. Days of hiding are over. The world will hear our voice. And it will be deafening." Grindelwald's words elicit a roar of approval from the gathered followers. He smiles faintly before noticing Kama standing amidst the cheering Acolytes.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Approaching Kama, Grindelwald surprises him by taking his face in both hands. ""You didn't come here to betray Dumbledore...You know in your pure-blood heart...your place is here. To believe in me is to believe in yourself." Grindelwald asserts, locking eyes with Kama before guiding him into the crowd of assembled troops. "Prove your loyalty, Mr. Kama." he commands softly, releasing Kama to join the ranks before heading towards the castle.

The limp Qilin's throat wound becomes visible as its head lolls to the side. Grindelwald retrieves the creature and submerges its body in the water, revealing the bloodied gash across its neck. Standing in the pool with rolled-up sleeves, Grindelwald utters indistinct incantations, waiting for the water's surface to calm before whispering, "...Vulnera Sanentur. Rennervate Vulnera Sanentur." Observing from the shadows are Credence, Vogel, Rosier, and Henry.

With delicate precision, Grindelwald's fingers glide over the Qilin's injured throat, mending the torn flesh. Bubbles emerge from the water as the Qilin's head emerges, emitting a shrill cry. Grindelwald lifts it from the water, and the Qilin turns to him, its eyes still vacant but its appearance restored to health.

Smiling warmly, Grindelwald caresses the creature. "There you go. There, there..." he murmurs soothingly. "Come, look," he beckons to the others without diverting his gaze. "This is why we are special. To conceal our powers is not merely an affront to ourselves... it's sinful." he elucidates before placing the Qilin beside the pool, where it stands steady.

Credence observes the rejuvenated Qilin, captivated by the spectacle. Pleased with Credence's reaction, Grindelwald glances back at the Qilin but halts, his smile fading. A faint, spectral figure resembling the Qilin he holds briefly shimmers in the water's currents, causing his expression to harden.

"Was there another?" Grindelwald queries sharply. "Another?" Credence repeats, taken aback. "That night, did another Qilin exist?" Grindelwald presses. In the dimness, Vogel pivots to peer at the pool. Grindelwald's eyes gleam with anger. Credence, his complexion drained, shifts uncomfortably. "I don't believe so..." Credence mumbles hesitantly.

With terrifying swiftness, Grindelwald hurls Credence backward with a powerful surge of water, slamming him against the wall. He Apparates from the pool in an instant, fingers gripping tightly around Credence's throat and face. Glaring with fury, Grindelwald's voice cuts through the air like a blade. "That's twice you've failed me. Do you not comprehend the peril you place me in?!" he demands, his anger palpable. Credence remains frozen, helpless under Grindelwald's overwhelming presence.

"One final opportunity. Clear?" Grindelwald's words carry a chilling weight as he releases his hold on Credence and strides away. The tension lingers, heavy in the air, as Credence watches Grindelwald's departing figure with a mixture of fear and apprehension.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

"Here she is, my love," Genevieve presented the Qilin to Newt as he remained inside his suitcase. "Thank you, sweetheart," Newt acknowledged as he accepted the Qilin and carefully placed it in his case. After a few minutes, Newt emerged from the case, closed it, and felt Genevieve's arms enveloping him from behind, their hands meeting on her arms.

"I hope this plan works," Newt whispered to her. "It usually does, given Dumbledore's strategies," Genevieve whispered back, sensing his concern. "I'm worried about everyone... especially you," Newt admitted as Genevieve released him and stood upright.

"I'll manage, love," Genevieve reassured him, her hand touching his cheek as he nodded. Newt smiled faintly, leaning in to kiss her.

Later, Newt, Genevieve, Lally, Theseus, Jacob, and William walked through Hogwarts' halls toward an elaborate door emerging from the wall. Adrien was made to stay at Hogwarts with Minerva since he was too young and Genevieve denied it. Entering a sparsely furnished room, they found six cases identical to Newt's arranged in front of a Bhutanese prayer wheel, with Bunty nearby.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

"Newt, Genevieve, what is this place?" Jacob inquired as Dumbledore entered the room. "The room we need," Newt replied softly. "Do you all have the tickets Bunty provided?" Dumbledore queried, receiving nods from everyone, including Jacob who held his ticket up. "You'll need them for the ceremony," Dumbledore explained, then turned his attention to Newt.

"Can you identify your case, Newt?" Dumbledore asked. "No," Newt admitted, scanning the cases around him. "Good. It's better that way," Dumbledore remarked. "They've made the cases remarkably identical," Genevieve observed as she examined them.

"Is the Qilin in one of these cases?" Lally inquired. "Yes," confirmed Dumbledore. "Which one?" Lally pressed further. "That remains to be seen," Dumbledore replied, a hint of amusement in his tone. "It's like a three-card monte or a shell game—a Muggle analogy," Jacob chimed in, but his explanation left everyone perplexed. "Never mind, it's a Muggle thing," Jacob dismissed with a wave of his hand.

"I'd like to understand," Genevieve raised her hand playfully, as if in a classroom.

"Grindelwald will stop at nothing to obtain the Qilin. Therefore, we must keep his agents guessing to ensure its safe arrival at the ceremony. If by teatime, we and the Qilin are still unharmed, we'll count it as a success," Dumbledore elaborated as he donned his hat and scarf. "For the record, no one ever died playing three-card monte," Jacob interjected, earning a smile from Dumbledore. "A crucial point. Now, each of you choose a case, and we'll proceed. Mr. Kowalski, you and I will lead the way," Dumbledore directed, surprising Jacob who replied, "Me? Okay..."

Jacob steps forward, chooses a case, but pauses as Dumbledore subtly signals for him to reconsider. Jacob selects another case, nods as Dumbledore approves, and then lifts the chosen case. Glancing around, Jacob notices the Bhutanese prayer wheel shimmering as Dumbledore approaches.

Touching the wheel, a radiant glow fills the room. "I look forward to your lessons on three-card monte," Dumbledore remarks to Jacob as they touch hands, both disappearing into the spinning wheel.

"Best of luck, everyone," Bunty bids farewell as Newt kisses Genevieve's hand and moves forward to pick up his case, exchanging well wishes with Jacob before vanishing. "Good luck, Bunty," Lally says as she chooses a case and joins the disappearing group. "Take care, Bunty," Theseus adds as he follows suit and vanishes.

William, Genevieve, and Bunty remain with two cases. William takes one, holding hands with Genevieve. "Stay safe," Bunty advises, sharing a meaningful glance with the siblings before they vanish together into the wheel. Taking a deep breath, Bunty picks up the final case and joins the others in disappearing through the prayer wheel's magic.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

(2352 words)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter...

Till we meet again...

Byeee...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 14 7
Theseus Scamander was a man of many means. A boy born with "pure-blood" and great wealth was already destined for a comfortable life, but in the comp...
72.5K 2.2K 104
After a wee mishap on the Quidditch field, George Weasley can't help but get close (too close to be just friends, according to his brother Fred) with...
37.4K 1.1K 22
This book has been written after CoG, so there are SPOILERS. After Grindelwald's attack, Newt and Tina have been thrown into emotional turmoil and ne...
92.1K 3.9K 76
Newt's back in New York for one reason & one reason only. Tina. There are ups, downs & love triangles galore. I mean, what's not to love about a good...