MHL In Love Book 1: Falling R...

By Cinnamonbuns0725

Choi He Ran (Eira) seemingly has it all - she is pretty, rich and a handsome boyfriend who is part of famous... More

Chapter 0.0 - Meet the cast
Chapter 1: Eira's secret
Chapter 2: Meeting MHL and Eira
Chapter 3: Is it time to break up?
Chapter 4: Brotherhood
Chapter 5: Learning the truth
Special Chapter #1 - MHL Magazine shoot
Chapter 7: Cuddles and famous visitors
Chapter 8: Preparations and practice
Special Chapter #2 - MHL VR Game Commercial Shoot
Chapter 9 Part 1: Starting the countdown
Chapter 9 part 2: Falling Rain
Chapter 10: Counting hours...
Chapter 11 PART 1: Fighting with Destiny
Chapter 11 Part 2: Fighting with Destiny
Special Chapter #3: MHL's Drama Shoot
Special Message for the readers
Chapter 12 (Part 1) : Destiny's Promise
Chapter 12 (Part 2) : Moving Forward
Next Book Preview: MHL In Love Book 2

Chapter 6: The will to live

2 0 0
By Cinnamonbuns0725

"He Ran!"

The chair Mrs. Choi was sitting on stumbled backwards when she suddenly stood to hug her now awake daughter.

"Darling, please do not suffocate our daughter. She's turning blue."

Mrs. Choi released her daughter then wiped her tears as her husband took his turn and lightly hugged Eira. Cyril slowly walked back to Eira's side, he was trying to fight the urge to rush and take Eira into his arms because of how vulnerable she looked at that time.

A smile and a raspy hello greeted Cyril, "Hey stranger...  Don't I get a hug?"

That was all it took to take all the willpower away from Cyril, he buried his head on the crook of Eira's neck and hugged her body close. "I thought I lost you."

"I thought I lost myself too..."

"Not funny, Choi He Ran... you have some serious explaining to do."

"I know..."

Cyril felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up and saw the other members flocking behind him, smiling. He reluctantly let go of Eira and Benedict hugged his cousin.

"You gave me a scare, princess..."

"Sorry big brother..."

Benedict released his cousin and affectionately ruffled her hair which earned a pout from Eira and a chuckle from everyone else.

As soon as Benedict stepped away, Mick launched himself and hugged the surprised Eira. "Big Siiiis!!! I was worried!"

"Get off you critter! Who said you can hug her?!"

Cyril tugged at Mick's arm, Benedict shook his head and sighed while the Chois laughed at Mick's antics.

Eira grinned and motioned "it's okay" at her protesting boyfriend and returned the hug of the youngest before releasing herself.

 "I'm sorry for making you guys worried... "

"At least you are all right now big sis... that's all that matters right?"

Eira gave an apologetic smile to Tyrone and Jun then ruffled Mick's hair. "I'm happy you guys are here with me but I just wish we could have gathered under a different circumstance."

Benedict flicked Eira's forehead hard earning a yelp from her while she massages the injured part. "Owww... hey! I'm a patient!!!"

"I don't care."

"God... some older brother you are...."

A nurse then opened the door and informed them that the visiting hours were over. Mr. Choi nodded and told the nurse that they will be out soon. Cyril fidgeted a bit then looked at Mr. Choi,

"Sir, I would like to stay with Eira here, if that's all right with you."

Mrs. Choi looked like she was about to protest but Mr. Choi held her hand and nodded. Benedict looked at his uncle then smiled at Eira and Cyril, "I'll bring clothes for you and that little squirt... we didn't bring any earlier, sorry."

Cyril gave a small smile at his best friend, "I understand. We were all in panic." 

Eira hung her head low, ashamed that she had become a burden to the people she care about. She hated it... the feeling of being a burden and she bit her lip in attempts of stopping the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

She felt someone staring at her so she looked up and saw her cousin giving her a disapproving glare. She forced a smile as her parents gave her goodbye kisses.

"We'll be back in the morning, princess..."

"Okay... dad, mom... take care on the way home."

"We will dear, rest well."

With that said, Mr. and Mrs. Choi walked out of the room with Benedict accompanying them to the door while saying his goodbyes.

"We also should be heading back"

MHL's manager stood then patted Eira's shoulder and wished her a quick recovery before excusing himself so he can get the van ready. Tyrone and Mick hugged Eira goodbye with Benedict holding on to Cyril's shoulder to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed. 

Jun grinned playfully at the look of sheer jealousy on Cyril's face. He passed Mick and Tyrone, took Eira's hand, kissed the inside of her palm and presented her with his most charming smile...

"I hope you feel better soon. I'll visit you tomorrow so I can see your pretty face again."

Eira blushed at the contact of Jun's lips on her hand. Benedict chuckled and gripped harder on Cyril's shoulder when he made an attempt to move closer (probably to strangle) Jun. Benedict whispered "No bloodshed in front of my cousin, Cyril"

Cyril gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. Eira saw the murderous look on Cyril's face and hurriedly withdrew her hand from Jun while still blushing profusely. Benedict squeezed Cyril's shoulder twice before he released him and pushed the three others to the door. Tyrone helped push the grinning Jun and complaining Mick while shouting his goodbyes.

Benedict ran and gave his cousin a kiss on her forehead and a loose hug, "I'll be back later to bring your clothes and other necessities... for the meantime, calm your jealous boyfriend."

Eira nodded and gave her cousin a smile, "Thank you. Sorry for always being a burden."

Another flick on Eira's nose and a glare was Benedict's answer, " you never had and will never be a burden to me or to anyone else. So stop thinking about nonsensical things okay?"

"Owww... that hurt!" Eira held her now red nose "take care on your way home."

Benedict smiled and nodded "Cy, we'll be going. I'll call you when I'm downstairs with the clothes."

"All right, make sure those kids behave while I'm here. "

Benedict did a mock salute then went out of the hospital room leaving the couple alone.

Once the hospital room's door was shut, Eira looked at her boyfriend's face and smiled. She was not expecting to outlive that last attack she had and she was grateful to see the man she loves again. Cyril felt the stare on him and he scowled...

"He Ran, you owe me."

Eira's smile was gone and she sighed "I just didn't know how to tell you... you can't just expect me to say "Love... I'm dying soon but don't worry about me"."

Cyril once again raked his hand through his hair "Eira...I'm being serious here. Why did you not tell me about your heart problems? You've been lying to me about your illness and I just... I don't know what to think or to feel about this"

Eira felt the stinging tears running down her face and she brushed them away roughly, "I'm sorry... I don't want to lie to you. It's just... I thought everything was okay and that I'm going to be well because I was following the doctor's orders."

"Following the doctor's orders? Are you sure? Then explain to me why you refuse to have the operation."

Cyril's gaze was direct and unrelenting and Eira just had to flinch at the intensity. She lowered her head in response, contemplating on what to say until she felt a hand hold her chin and make her look up.

She was expecting anger or betrayal on Cyril's face but so she was a bit surprised when she found herself drowning on brown pools full of love and concern. "Do you love me?"

"Yes"

The lack of hesitation on Eira's voice made Cyril smile, almost making him forget what he was angry about... but he cannot back out now... he needs to complete the promise he made to Eira's dad.

"Then... you won't leave me right?"

Eira yanked her head away from Cyril's hand, tears falling freely on her cheeks... "I'm sorry... I- I can't promise that..."

Cyril sat on Eira's bed and took the crying girl back into his arms. He wiped the tears with his thumb, kissed her eyes, "have the operation, Eira... stay with me. Please..."

"You don't understand... even if I take that operation, nothing would change! I'd still die and leave everyone behind... I- I could also die on that operating table for all I know... I just... can't I just wish to spend my remaining days with the ones I love?"

Cyril felt the grip Eira had on his shirt tightened and his jaw clenched. His heart clenched at the thought of the girl he loves dying and silently he cursed himself for having negative thoughts. He loosened his hug on Eira and gave her a short sweet kiss, 

"Eira... you were the one who said I can't get rid of you easily... are you turning your back on your words?"

"No, it's not that. I just..."

"Then fight with me, love. Everything will be all right, I promise... " Cyril paused and he smiled "besides, you courted me for some time before we got together... you wouldn't want to just throw all your efforts away..."

Eira's color was now similar to a tomato and she hit Cyril's chest lightly "Shut up you! I wonder what I saw in you..."

Cyril laughed, "I'm the great King Cyril Lancaster... what is there not to love about me?"

"Of course" Eira countered but a smile was on her lips. She knew that Cyril was trying to cheer her up and for that she is grateful.

Cyril once again cuddled Eira closer, his head resting on Eira's,  "So... should I tell the doctor that we are going through it?"

"Tch... sweet talking me to get what you want huh?"

"Yes."

Eira pouted "couldn't you at least deny it? Tch.. I've got an unromantic boyfriend."

Cyril frowned and straightened which surprised Eira, "oh so you're unsatisfied with me huh? You like Jun better?"

"Wha- oh... of course not! Cyril Lancaster, you know better than to think that I am not unsatisfied with you at any way"

"You blushed when he kissed your hand"

"I was just surprised. Jun's like a younger brother to me."

"You don't like him?"

Eira grinned at her boyfriend, "I do. Just like a younger brother though. Not like I will throw all the efforts I made to make you fall in love with me you know. "

Cyril hugged her close and kissed the tip of Eira's nose, "Sorry..."

"Geez... you and your random bursts of jealousy..."

Cyril just smiled and kept silent. They enjoyed the companionable silence, Cyril giving a kiss once in a while while Eira just smiles softly...

"Cy..."

"hmm?"

"I'm going through with the operation"

"Good..."

Eira raised an eyebrow and turned to look at Cyril "Is that all you would say?"

"Yes."

Eira shook her head and chuckled earning a questioning look beside her. Before she could answer, a knock was heard and Cyril's "come in" was answered before it opened to reveal the heart specialist and Benedict who were both grinning. 

Eira sighed at the sight of the newcomers who were grinning like Cheshire cats. Eira sat straight as Cyril released her, politely bowed to Dr. Park and waved at Benedict.

"Uncle Jungsu, big brother... please come closer and stop grinning like that. We weren't doing anything wrong."

Benedict gave Eira's cheek a pinch, "We didn't say anything squirt. Why are you so defensive?"

"Ben, don't bully my patient. She's still recovering. How are you feeling now?"

Benedict stuck his tongue out at Eira who did the same before Benedict handed the bag with clothes to Cyril. After laying the bags down on the couch both Benedict and Cyril returned to their original places beside Eira's side and listened to the conversation.

"I'm feeling some pain sometimes but its tolerable... just a little burning feeling here and there"

The heart specialist nodded "that's normal in your case... have you thought about the operation?"

"I.. uh..."

Eira felt three set of eyes on her and she suddenly felt her throat dry. She doesn't know how to respond to the question. Yes, she agreed earlier to Cyril but her fears were still there and with the operating doctor in front of her... it's not that easy...

"She's going to do it."

Eira looked quickly at the source of the affirmation and saw her boyfriend's serious, no-nonsense gaze directed at the heart specialist. 

Eira felt Cyril's hand slip into her cold ones and she sighed in relief, smiling shyly at her boyfriend. 

Benedict grinned even wider and lovingly patted his cousin's shoulder before flashing a thumbs up at his best bud. Dr. Park nodded and smiled at Cyril,

"All right. We'll be doing the preliminary tests tomorrow and the following day. If we get the go signal from the results which of course I expect we will... the operation will be on Thursday. "

"That fast?!"

"Yes my dear girl." Dr. Park once again grinned at the now starting to get paler girl. "I was hoping you would change your mind and got everything ready just in case. Aren't I great?"

Benedict and Eira shook their heads and sighed at the same time to the amazement of Cyril. Dr. Park seemed unfazed and smiled goofily at the now pissed looking cousins.

"Surprising isn't it? Those two aren't even twins."

"Uncle, don't you have to start with the preparations for the operation in a few days?"

Benedict's uncaring tone and poker face got the doctor's attention and his face lit up and grinned,

"That look does not work on me Benedict." Jung Su paused and an amused smiled was sent to Eira who was sporting a scary glare, 

"And that one does not either... but you look cute with it dear. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow. "

 Dr. Park looped the stethoscope he was holding on his neck and wore the glasses resting on his breast pocket. Once more, the goofy looking guy was no more and in his place is the cool specialist. 

 "Don't strain yourself too much He Ran... a few kisses here and there is okay though but too much excitement is bad for your heart."

"Aish... I told you we weren't... never mind... see you tomorrow, Uncle!"

JungSu gave his patient a nod,  "Benedict you should go home. I only told them you are bringing their things over. Cyril, please take care of the princess while the rest of us are either sleeping or working."

"I'll be going in a few minutes, Uncle. "

"Will do Dr. Park, see you tomorrow."

Once the doctor was out, Cyril released a big sigh of relief making the cousins look at him weirdly.

"He makes me feel nervous."

"Uncle Jung su?"

"Yeah... I can't explain but he makes me as nervous as when I face Sir Anthony."

Benedict shrugged and kissed Eira's forehead, "don't think about Uncle too much... he's just weird like that but he's harmless most of the time. I gotta go... the kids are left alone in the dorm."

Eira smiled, "thank you big brother..."

"Welcome squirt. Now you two remember what uncle said... no extreme activities. Your heart isn't up to extreme emotions."

"Why do you all assume we are... god you people!"

Cyril laughed heartily and pushed Ben out of the room when he saw how red Eira had gotten. He was still chuckling when he sat beside the pouting but still red girl on the hospital bed.

"Go to sleep now. You need as much rest as you can for tomorrow. I'll tell Aunt and Uncle about the operation tomorrow."

"But I'm not sleepy yet and it's still early. Let's talk more."

"No can do, love. "

Cyril was about to get off the bed when he felt a hand on his arm. He looked back and saw the now redder (if possible) Eira, "Um... you can sleep here on the bed too."

"I thought we weren't allowed to have extreme activities?"

"Y-You idiot! A-a cuddle is all I wanted! What are you talking about?"

"It's against the rules of the hospital to cuddle..."

"No one would know if you won't tell. You won't right?"

The pleading voice with the puppy dog eyes... Eira's secret weapon. Cyril knew he lost the battle already so he just sighed and grunted, "Move over" which Eira gladly complied to. Cyril shifted himself so they can fit on the bed. Eira scooted closer and laid her head on Cyril's chest, inhaling his scent. Cyril hugged Eira close...

"Cy..."

"hmm?"

"What if ..."

"Hush...no what ifs... everything will be all right. I'm here with you."

"Sing for me?"

"I have a spoiled princess for a girlfriend."

Eira yawned cutely, cuddling closer and closing her eyes, "I love you... "

Cyril smiled and kissed the top of Eira's head and breathed deeply...

Credits: SoHyang TV - this is BTS V's guesting at IU's show.

A/N: Yes, this is how I pictured Cyril's voice to be... full, deep, and rich. Enjoy the song as much as I did... :) 

After finishing the lullaby for his angel, Cyril kissed Eira's head one more time before drifting off to sleep...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 133 32
Carla has always been a pretty introverted person. Yes she has friends who love and adore the fake front she puts up but no one really knows the true...
29.5K 1.2K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
4.2K 678 70
Dreams will always become reality the second you open your heart to all the possibilities in the universe. Desperate to get out of her chaotic life...