My Equestrian Journal

By Glorybringer1163

Just a journal about my equestrian life I guess More

Riding Lesson 2/14/24
Riding Lesson 2/19/24
Riding Lesson 2/26/24
Riding Lesson 2/28/24
Riding Lesson 3/6/24
Riding Lesson 3/13/24
Riding Lesson 3/18/24
Riding Lesson 3/20/24
Riding Lesson 4/1/24
Riding Lesson 4/10/24
Riding Lesson 4/15/24
Okay soo...

Riding Lesson 3/27/24

2 0 0
By Glorybringer1163

yeah so i forgot to write this shush

I didn't have a lesson on Monday because it was raining and there was a clinic going on using the indoor arena.

So, today I rode a horse named Dancer. She's a black and white pinto mare, and she's gaited. I believe that she's a Missouri Fox Trotter, but I'm not positive.

I went out to get her, brought her in, spent forever getting fur off of my currycomb, et cetera et cetera.

I tacked up Dancer and went out into the arena, where the dressage arena was still set up from I presume the clinic earlier in the week. Dancer's a bit of a grumpy old lady who hasn't had any fancy training or anything, and instead of doing a proper gait, she'll do like a pace I believe it's called? Yeah I don't really know my gaited horse terms or whatever.

I've never ridden Dancer before, aside from a quick five minute ride ages ago- so that was fun. Her walk was pretty nice, with a lot of movement in her head/neck and such. Her pace-trot-thing was really funny, because she was just waddling around like a duck-

Honestly, she reminded me of another Missouri Fox Trotter I used to ride at a different barn, a gelding named Pride. Anyways, my instructor didn't let me canter her because she didn't want Dancer knocking over and breaking the entire dressage arena, which was understandable but a bit disappointing, as I hadn't had my Monday lesson.

Dancer is also rather out of shape, so there's that too- but anyways, we worked on some twenty-meter circles at a trot, and that was pretty much it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 812 5
Hiroki has recently discovered that the four women he once knew and loved, his girlfriend (Nao), sister (Kanoko), best friend (Ayumu), and mom (Kaede...
184K 19.9K 56
"කේතු දන්නවද මම කේතුට කොච්චරක් ආදරෙයි කියල ?" "හැමතිස්සෙම වචනෙන් නොකිව්වත් සර්ගෙ ඇස් මගේ ඇස් එක්ක පැටලෙනකොට ඒ දිලිසෙන ඇස්වලින් මට පේනවා සර් මට කොච්...
9.3K 351 28
Percy Jackson fun stuff! Mostly jokes... DISCLAIMER FOR WHOLE BOOK: I DO NOT OWN PJO AND HOO, RICK RIORDAN DOES
34.3K 528 51
What the title said. You are a Worker Drone BTW Slow Updates because My motivation is dying.