petrichor [rosalie hale]

By hoechlin72

petrichor, "the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil". Kiara Black can't wait to graduate and le... More

petrichor § vibes
CAST
i. expulsion
ii. chemistry
iii. twin bonding
iv. introductions
v. icy ground
vi. greenhouse
vii. school standoffs
viii. prom night
new moon
ix. changes
x. seasons
xi. fangs
xii. pack
xiii. calls
xiv. secrets out
xv. bloodsucker
xvi. panic
xvii. country lines
eclipse
xviii. mixed signals
xix. imprint
xx. scents
xxi. bonfires
xxii. suckerpunch
xxiii. rebirth
xxiv. beginnings
xxv. graduation
xxvi. party
xxvii. training
xxviii. sidelined
xxix. campsite
xxx. burnings
xxxi. on fire
xxxii. sibling bonds
xxxiii. not again
breaking dawn part.i
xxxiv. wedding prep
xxxv. old, new, borrowed, blue
xxxvi. ambush
xxxvii. forevermore after that
xxxviii. fell off a cliff
xxxix. the art of imprinting on vampires
xl. well... shit.
xli. new pack order
xlii. patches
xliii. distractions
xliv. birth
xlv. most absolute
xlvi. making... up
breaking dawn part.ii
xlvii. she's awake
xlviii. loch ness monster
xlix. charlie and paul
l. division and addition
li. forming unity
lii. letting it all out
liii. paul and kiara
liv. smashed vases
lv. finding love (just not in chicago)
lvi. garrett and kate
lvii. sister to sister
lviv. new... friends?

lviii. don't stop

3.5K 223 58
By hoechlin72

this chapter is a little ✨spicy✨ at the end, so if that's not your thing then feel free to skim/skip :) a little bit of a filler but we'll get back to the canon plot line next chap :)

as always, please feel free to comment!!! it really encourages me to write more when i see what you're all reacting to :)

.

.

.

"I know I said no, but we both know circumstances have changed."

Kiara leaned against the bed of Bella's old truck, having basically accepted ownership of the vehicle ever since Bella officially became a Cullen and had started driving Edward's car around. Her and Jacob had pretty much been gifted the old orange truck by the newborn, but he much preferred scootering around on his bike.

Sam sighed as he pulled his jacket on, the fleece lining on the inside acting as a stark reminder that colder weather was certainly coming. They might not have felt the heat as much as the others, but the pack still had to stay warm in the Winter. 

Kiara used to love the Winter. Now... it was a cold slap-in-the-face as Alice's vision about snow on the ground seemed to loom closer. They were running out of time.

"Look, it's only temporary," Kiara continued, moving round to the bed of the truck and lifting the crate out of the back. Kiara rolled her eyes, rolling up her sleeves and grabbing the second crate of potted plants. "Once all this is over, we'll go back to two packs. I just think with the arrival of all these... unknown red-eyes, we'd be better off with a united front for now."

"I'm not sighing because I don't want to co-alpha with you," Sam replied, rolling his eyes playfully as they headed towards his and Emily's cabin. "I'm sighing because it's temporary. You know I'd love to co-alpha with you regardless of circumstance."

"Getting too old?" Kiara joked, the man shooting her a side-eyed glare as he placed the crate down on the porch. Sam turned to look at her with his hands resting on his hips, his eyebrows creased a little as he stared at her.

"I'm not that much older than you!" Sam grumbled, a good-natured smile tugging at his lips. Kiara only grinned back, her canines flashing in the winter daylight.

Kiara's gaze drifted over Sam's shoulder to the gleaming eyes of Paul, the grey wolf watching them from a distance - always alert and protective. Sam followed her gaze before lowering his voice to prevent the wolf from hearing them.

"It'll give you time to decide what you want to do about Paul," Sam mused. "I know he approached you about joining you and the others."

"I know what I want to do," Kiara admitted without a second of hesitation. "I just don't think dividing the packs at the moment is a good idea."

"You know, you wouldn't have to divide them at all..."

"...if I took over," Kiara muttered, rolling her eyes. "I know, Sam. You're not the only one that's nagging me about accepting my birthright. Jake's been... pretty vocal about it recently too. He thinks it'll be better for protecting Renesmee if we're one again."

Sam snorted.

"Ironic," he started. "That Jake - of all people - now wants us to be a big happy family."

"You're telling me," Kiara said with a gentle laugh. "Who knew all he needed was an imprint to finally get some maturity knocked into him?"

"Love has a way of doing that," Sam replied, glancing towards the spot where Paul was before his eyes returned to Kiara. The unspoken words hinting at Rachel and Paul. She chuckled lightly and shook her head, a soft smile creeping across her mouth once more.

They both stared at each other for a moment before erupting into laughter, the kind where your stomach hurt and tears streamed down your face. It was in these rare moments that Kiara found herself appreciating the simple joys of friendship - since it seemed like there was always a new threat looming around the corner when it came to the Cullens.

"Anyway, think about it," Sam finally admitted after their laughter had died down, grinning warmly at her. "Being an Alpha isn't just about leading the pack, it's also about understanding and compromising for their needs. And I couldn't think of anyone better suited for that than you. In the meantime, yeah, I'm happy to go back to one pack and co-alpha until we're out the other side of this."

"Thanks Sam," Kiara said, reaching out and pulling the man into a hug. He tucked her against his chest, holding her tightly as he watched Paul's wolf form trot off in the distance, no doubt going to tell the rest of them what the two alpha's had just discussed.

Kiara stepped back, her smile still warm as she looked at her old mentor.

"While I'm here... there's something else I need to ask you."

____

Leah leaned against the tree as she watched Bree and Seth sit side-by-side in the distance. Bree was reading a poem from a book that Edward had recommended to her and Seth was enthralled with her every word, his eyes never leaving the side of her face as he looked at her like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time.

"That's cute," a voice called out from behind her, the shapeshifter bristling a little as the hairs on the back of her neck rose. "Puppy love... literally."

Leah took in a deep breath to try and compose herself before turning around, the stoic look on her face that she wore like a second skin. Her eyes trailed the area until she spotted the blonde that was leaning against a tree a few yards away - mirroring the stance that Leah previously had been holding.

"We haven't had a proper introduction," the blonde woman decided, her confident aura making it hard to Leah to look anywhere else than directly at her. "Unless that's how you usually like to introduce yourself to people. Get them pinned down, skin-to-skin..."

Leah felt her cheeks heat up a little, knowing exactly what the vampire in front of her was trying to do. The boys used to do it all the time when she was in the pack to get a reaction out of her. She was trying to get under her skin. Why? Leah wasn't so sure on that.

"I'm Kate," the blonde continued, pushing herself off from the tree and straightening her posture. She crossed her arms over her chest in a self-assured stance, a smirk playing on her lips as she moved closer to the Clearwater. "Kate Denali."

"I know who you are," Leah fired back, uncrossing her own arms and mirroring the vampire's confident posture. 

It didn't matter if this was her imprint, she still was going to stand her ground. Jacob and Seth might have melted at the first sight of their imprint but Leah wasn't that sort of person. She wasn't going to pull a Kiara - she didn't fancy attempting to reject it and die any time soon - but that didn't mean she was about to start following a random vampire around like a puppy.

"Good to know," Kate said, her lips parting in a teasing smile. "So, is this what you do? Watch lovers from a distance because you have none of your own?"

Leah gritted her teeth, her eyes narrowing as she met Kate's gaze. The vampire's smirk widened at the reaction she had provoked, clearly amused by the shapeshifter's discomfort.

"Do I need one?" Leah shot back, clenching her fists at her sides. "Or are you just bored and looking for someone to play with?"

Kate shrugged nonchalantly, but Leah didn't miss the glint in her eyes. For a moment, silence hung in the air between them as they sized each other up. Finally, Kate broke the silence with a soft chuckle.

Leah watched her warily as Kate approached, stopping just a breath away. She could feel the chill radiating from the vampire, but there was something else too...an odd undercurrent that sent a tingle down her spine.

"I like that fire that you've got in you," she said casually, still smirking. "It's... refreshing. You know, when cousin Rosie introduced us to her pet, I was surprised at how timid she seemed for a so-called-alpha. You however..."

Kate trailed off as she stopped inches in front of Leah. The shapeshifter was trying to remain calm, although she was sure that the vampire in front of her and anyone within five hundred miles of them would have been able to pick up on how her breath hitched at the proximity. 

"You're much more... intriguing."

Kate's cold breath fanned out against Leah's face, sending an electrifying shiver down her spine. She held her ground, refused to back away or show any sign of weakness. Despite the thunderous beating of her heart echoing in her ears and the unease that curled up in her stomach like a tight coil ready to spring, Leah arched an eyebrow.

"Intriguing?" Leah echoed, trying to steady her voice. "Are all Denalis as dramatic as you are?"

Kate let out a soft laugh, a sound that was somehow enchanting and menacing at the same time. It stirred something within Leah that she didn't quite understand, and it left a strange sensation tingling at the pit of her stomach.

"I would say you'll have to find out," Kate murmured, her voice an octave lower as she moved her hand forward, allowing her fingers to lightly graze Leah's wrist. "But I think I'd rather keep you all to myself."

Leah would have never considered the possibility of being attracted to a vampire, but there was something about Kate that drew her in - sure, the imprint bond was part of it... but there was something else here that she hadn't accounted for.

Before she could utter another word or make sense of this newfound feeling coursing through her veins, Seth's laughter echoed through the still forest followed by Bree's giggle, drawing their attention towards them.

Leah broke the eye contact first and glanced back towards Seth and Bree. When she looked back at Kate again, the vampire wore a challenging smirk.

"Your move, Clearwater," Kate said, stepping back and giving Leah some space. 

Leah watched as the blonde vampire sauntered away, her eyes fixated on the enticing sway of her hips. She was captivated, not merely by Kate's physical beauty, but by the way Kate held herself - confident, regal, and alluring.

Leah could still feel where their skin had brushed, the tingling sensation spreading warmth all through her body. Kate's words echoed in Leah's mind – 'Your move, Clearwater.' It wasn't a threat, nor a challenge; instead it seemed to be an invitation - something that BOTH scared and excited Leah.

Her wolf instincts told her to look away, to remain loyal to her pack and not fall for a vampire. But there was a part of Leah, a part that she tried to bury deep within herself, that yearned for something more - something wild, enthralling and completely out of the ordinary.

"Hey Leah," Jacob greeted as he approached the girl, noticing that she was staring into the distance in deep thought. "You alright?"

"Yeah," Leah replied, forcing a smile onto her face as she turned to glance at Kate who was watching them from afar. Her heart fluttered at the sight of the blonde vampire staring back at her.

Jacob followed Leah's gaze to where Kate stood, her arms now slung around Tanya's shoulder as the vampires conversed with the rest of their coven. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion for a moment before realisation washed over his face and he tried to stop a chuckle from escaping his mouth.

"I give it a week before you're jumping each others bones," Jacob murmured, Leah slapping him across the head with a scowl.

"Don't be such a fucking dog," she snapped, turning on her heel and storming back towards the Cullen house. Jacob watched her go, the lopsided grin on his face never leaving even as he turned around and noticed the disapproving look that Bella was giving him in the distance.

One thing was for sure - Leah Clearwater's restraint was certainly about to be put to the test.

____

Kiara pulled the truck into the drive, aware that soon there wouldn't be much space for any more cars if the other vampires that were arriving brought their own. Sure, the Denali's had, but she wasn't sure how many others would or if they'd travel by foot.

Emmett had already asked her to keep Bella's old truck parked outside so that the Denali's could park their admittedly much more expensive car inside, which Kiara hadn't really minded. It wasn't like the truck wasn't used to the harsh Forks temperament.

"Kiara," Carlisle greeted as she stepped down from the truck, the blond man smiling at her with his usual familiar warmth. Kiara smiled back, grabbing her jacket from the passenger seat before falling into stride beside him as they walked towards the Cullen house.

She could feel the presence of her pack outside, and a quick glimpse of her eyes confirmed that they were all around. Jacob was sitting with Renesmee, Bree and Seth as Bree read from a book. Leah was sitting with them too, although she looked almost like she wasn't fully there - something Kiara made a note of to mention to her later.

"What's up Doc?" She teased, hanging her jacket up as they entered the house. She ignored the eyes of the Denali's and Garrett on her as she entered, knowing that they were more on edge around her than the others due to her alpha status. Carlisle had explained the basics about the packs to their guests, but it didn't make the tension any lesser.

"A word, if you would?"

Kiara nodded as she followed him upstairs, not saying anything further as they headed towards his office. She knew what he wanted - but it wasn't like it was something they could speak about while others were nearby.

She gently hoped up on to his medical examination chair, rolling up her sleeve and holding her arm out as he quickly moved around in his office. She'd disliked him using his vampire speed previously, but she had gotten used to it now. It was interesting to see how quickly he was able to prepare to take a vial of her blood, and reminded her that he'd been doing this for longer than she was alive.

He'd flicked the radio on, some soft classical tunes to block out the soft noise of his work, intending to stop the others from wondering what was going on upstairs. Their casual conversation masked the tasks that he was performing, although Kiara knew that Edward and Esme would know differently.

She wasn't sure where Rosalie, Emmett or Beverly was, but she was sure they were around somewhere. No one needed to hunt, and it wasn't like them to just take off without a word.

"I actually wanted to let you know there's been a slight change in the pack dynamics and structures," Kiara admitted, making sure that her voice was loud enough for the others in the house to hear. She knew her pack wouldn't quite be able to pick up on it, but that didn't matter - she'd called Jacob on her drive home and told him to speak to Leah and Seth.

"How so?"

"We've decided that it'll be best to bring the packs back together for now," Kiara informed him, wincing a little as he pulled the needle out from her skin. She hated that part. "I'll still remain alpha, but I'll be sharing the responsibility with Sam."

A silence hung between them for a moment.

"Thank you," Carlisle told her, nothing but deep sincerity in his voice. "You don't need to do that..."

"I kind of do," Kiara interrupted him, not wanting him to think this was just about him and his family. She loved them, but there were other factors at stake here. "With more vampires arriving, more Quileutes will shift. It's better to make that process as easy as possible for them, without introducing complicated pack hierarchies."

"Indeed," Carlisle agreed somberly, holding up the vial of Kiara's blood to the light. "Your selflessness will not be lost on them, Kiara."

Chuckling at his words, Kiara slid off the chair and rolled her sleeve back down. 

"This isn't selflessness, Doc," she said, shaking her head. "It's a necessary move for survival."

Carlisle watched her leave his office, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. He turned his attention back to the lab work in front of him, knowing that she was going to be just fine in her new role. 

Downstairs again, Kiara found the house more bustling than it had been just minutes ago. Rosalie and Beverly had returned from wherever they'd been - probably finding a way to deal with Emmett - and were deep in conversation with Tanya and Kate. Esme was pouring what looked like hot chocolate into a few mugs for the three wolves that stood at the breakfast bar with her, while Edward, Bella and Renesmee were gathered around the piano.

Emmett and Garrett were the only ones missing now, and Kiara didn't even want to think what they were up to. She'd rather be blissfully ignorant.

"Kie," Bella called out, bringing her attention to the family at the piano. "You're back."

"Yeah, sorry, I just had to speak to my sister and kind of fell asleep there. Stopped by Sam's on my way back and got talking, you know how it is."

She could feel Rosalie's gaze on her from across the room. She'd called her to say she was staying at Rachel's the night before, and she knew that Rosalie understood she needed a break from the vampires in the house but Kiara could tell that her imprint was significantly worried about her.

"Sam's worried about the extra vampires arriving," Kiara said, filling Bella and Edward in. She eased herself onto the piano bench next to Renesmee, her hand instinctively reaching out to muss the child's hair. "We've decided it'd be best to merge the packs for now. Hopefully it'll reduce some of the possible chaos."

Edward glanced at her from the corner of his eye, a frown marring his otherwise smooth forehead. Kiara knew he didn't particularly like the idea of more wolves - more volatile tempers - being added to the mix and added into their patrol routes on their side of the treaty, but she also knew he understood that it was a necessity.

Renesmee giggled as Bella played a series of notes on the piano with one hand and leaned into her touch. Kiara could still feel Rosalie watching them from across the room; there was a hint of worry in her usually steel-blue eyes.

"I don't want you to be in danger, Kiara," Bella said, echoing Rosalie's concern. "Any of you."

"Bella, I think we're far past being able to detach ourselves from this now," Kiara reminded her, raising an eyebrow with a slight smirk on her face. "Besides, we'll be stronger with the packs as one. Trust me."

Edward snorted at that and even Bella couldn't hold back a small smile. They all knew how capable Kiara was - how fiercely she would fight to protect those she cared about.

Renesmee, ever the curious child, tilted her head at Kiara, as if trying to understand why her favourite shapeshifter auntie had been absent overnight. 

"Did you see any rabbits on your journey here?" She finally asked, her mind delightfully innocent and unbothered by adult worries.

"No bunnies tonight, Nessie. But I promise we can go looking for them together soon," Kiara told her, before looking at Edward with a flint in her eyes. "Unless your dad's eaten them..."

Edward glared at Kiara as she stood up and walked away, Renesmee turning to her dad in disbelief and instantly scalding him at the thought of him hunting rabbits for food. Kiara chuckled, knowing that she'd just dumped him in hot water with his rabbit-loving daughter.

Moving away from the intimate family gathering by the music-filled corner of the room, Kiara meandered towards the breakfast bar. Esme handed her a mug filled with hot chocolate that smelled divine.

"Thanks, Esme," Kiara said gratefully before taking a long sip of cocoa. She felt Rosalie's eyes never leaving her, and it wasn't until she met the icy gaze did she truly feel at home again.

Locking eyes with Rosalie from across the room was like pulling threads between their souls, pulling at their connection and strengthening their bond. A silent conversation passed between them; a reassurance that they were both okay and still very much in love despite their complicated circumstances.

Rosalie made her way over to Kiara then, unable to resist any longer.

"You know I worry about you," she said, her cold fingers tracing the back of Kiara's warm hand. It was a soothing gesture and eased some tension Kiara hadn't realized she was carrying.

"I know, Rose. I'm okay, just needed some time to figure things out," Kiara reassured Rosalie, squeezing her pale hand lightly. 

Rosalie nodded, but the worry didn't entirely leave her eyes. There was a softness there that Kiara rarely saw, a vulnerability that only she was privy to. She reached out, gently tucking a loose strand of blonde hair behind Rosalie's ear.

"Hey," she said softly, "I'm not going anywhere, okay?"

A hand was offered and Kiara took it, allowing herself to be pulled into Rosalie's arms as Carlisle walked down from his office finally. He scanned the room, clapping his hands lightly together as his very presence commandeered everyone's attention.

"Alright, everyone," Carlisle began, his golden eyes falling on each individual in the room. His gaze was stern but gentle, like a father about to deliver some impactful news. "I believe Alice and Jasper are sending a few more our way soon - I've just had a call from an old friend of Jasper's, Peter. The Egyptian coven have confirmed they'll be arriving tomorrow morning, and I expect others will come soon."

"That's good news, right?" Bella said, looking at Edward who nodded in agreement.

"Yes," Carlisle answered. His gaze fell on Kiara once again. "But it means we're going to have quite a few more vampires around here sooner than we originally expected."

"I already told Sam about this," Kiara spoke up, her voice steady despite the tension in the room. "We're fine."

Bella looked between Rosalie and Kiara; she could see how taut Rosalie's jaw was despite trying to appear relaxed. She was worried about Kiara being too involved in all this chaos and Bella couldn't blame her.

Kiara could feel Rosalie's icy hand squeezing hers, her thumb tracing circles on Kiara's warm skin. She could feel the subtle vibrations of unease coursing through the vampire's body and made sure to keep her hold firm, offering all the comfort she could.

Carlisle gave a nod of approval and went on to explain the possible dangers they might encounter in the coming days. His descriptions were not meant to frighten them but to prepare them; something Kiara appreciated deeply.

Once Carlisle had finished his address, they all sat in silence for a moment - thoughts racing and hearts pounding - before Edward broke the quiet.

"Thank you all," he spoke and Kiara could feel his gratitude. "For protecting my family."

They'd certainly came a long way since Bella arrived into Forks, that was for sure.

____

Rosalie found Kiara that evening standing by the small river outside the little cabin that the two of them called home, the moon illuminating every edge and curve of her body. Her dark hair was billowing with the soft wind and Rosalie thought that it made her look almost ethereal.

She walked over to stand beside her, not saying anything at first but simply offering her presence. Eventually, she found the courage to break the silence.

"Are you scared?" Rosalie asked as she looked over at Kiara, her golden eyes reflecting the moonlight overhead. A question like that from anyone else would've made Kiara snort in defiance, but this was Rose – there was genuine concern painted across her flawless features.

"Are you?" she threw back, turning to look at Rosalie.

The blonde finally turned to face Kiara, offering a small smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. 

"Terrified."

Kiara shrugged as they stood in silence, their hands brushing against each other every so often as if each sought out the other's touch unconsciously. Finally, she responded with a quiet honesty, "Me too."

"I won't let anything happen to you," Rosalie said firmly, her icy hand reaching out to clasp Kiara's warm one once more.

"I love you," Kiara admitted quietly, her voice just loud enough for Rosalie to hear. It wasn't the first time she'd said it, but every admission carried with it an undeniable weight - an affirmation of a love that stood strong amidst a world of supernatural chaos and animosity.

Rosalie closed her eyes and leaned into her shapeshifter's touch, her delicate features softened by trust and affection.

"I know," she murmured back. "I love you too."

Their lips met in a passionate kiss that sent sparks shooting down their spines. The world around them faded away as they lost themselves in the kiss, their hands entwining together as they drew each other closer.

Rosalie cupped Kiara's face tenderly, her thumb brushing against her girlfriend's cheekbone. The warmth radiating from Kiara was both strange and undeniably comforting to the cold-skinned vampire.

Kiara, for her part, slipped her arms around Rosalie's slender waist pulling her closer. She could taste the sweet hint of honey on Rosalie's lips, a flavor she had grown to crave. Rosalie didn't need lip-balm, but Kiara loved that she still wore it. Their hearts beat erratically - Rosalie's almost non-existent tempo against Kiara's thrumming rhythm, creating a symphony only they could understand.

If they were scared before, they felt invincible now - lost in their own world of shared love and affection. They had each other, and that was all that mattered.

"Forevermore," Rosalie murmured against Kiara's lips, making a promise she intended to keep with every fiber of her immortal being.

A soft chuckle escaped from Kiara's throat. In response, Kiara merely tightened her grip on Rosalie's hand and kissed her harder than before. No words were needed; their actions spoke volumes about their unyielding bond.

Rosalie used her free hand to lovingly tuck a few strands of Kiara's raven-black hair behind her ear, revealing the warm expanse of her tanned neck and lightly pressing her lips against it. The simple action made Kiara's heart flutter in her chest. A soft hum of contentment vibrated through Kiara, the sound echoing in the tranquil silence enveloping them as Rosalie tugged off the jacket on her mate's shoulders.

A faint growl rumbled out of Kiara's chest when Rosalie started to play with the hem of her shirt. She leaned back just enough for Rosalie to lift it over her head before discarding it carelessly to the side. The coldness of the Winter air was long forgotten about.

With one hand buried in Rosalie's golden curls and the other trailing up Rosalie's side, Kiara pressed their bodies closer together until there was no space left between them. The mere touch of their skin against each other was enough to send waves of need coursing through them both.

Rosalie's hands slid down Kiara's bare back, tracing the contours of her abdomen before gripping her hips to bring their upper halves even closer together. Kiara let out a low moan, her eyes falling shut in pleasure as Rosalie continued to tease her neck, leaving goosebumps in their wake as her fingers moved closer to the button on Kiara's jeans.

"Rosalie..." Kiara breathed out, her entire body thrumming with need for the vampire, "I want you so bad..."

Rosalie smirked against her skin - a smug smirk that Kiara would normally have found infuriating but right now all she could feel was desire pooling in her stomach. She wanted more of this, all of it.

The blonde hummed in agreement, deftly undoing button after button on Kiara's jeans, her movements practiced yet no less reverent than the first time they had been together. Kiara shivered as cool fingertips brushed against her heated skin, and she couldn't help but wonder how Rosalie always managed to make her feel like this after all this time.

"Rosalie..." she whimpered again, grinding her hips down against Rosalie's hand. Her girlfriend chuckled softly against her pulse point, feeling the frantic beat of Kiara's heart.

"Shh, baby," Rosalie cooed, her voice laced with enough authority to make the alpha submit without a single second of hesitation. "Let me take care of you."

Rosalie walked them backwards, her hand still resting between Kiara's legs, until Kiara moaned as she felt the rough bark of a tree against her back. Her lips pressed against Rosalie's as the blonde silenced her with a searing kiss, breaking apart only to hover her mouth beside Kiara's ear.

"I know...," Rosalie purred, her voice low and sultry, "I've got you, Kie. You're mine, you know that?"

Rosalie wasted no time, tugging down the denim fabric on Kiara's legs to reveal her black lace underwear. Kiara's scent, a mix of the forest and something else entirely Kiara, filled her senses, leaving her reeling. Kiara leaned against the tree, her breathing ragged, her eyes half-lidded.

With a devilish smirk, Rosalie slipped her hand inside the lace and felt the damp heat that welcomed her . Kiara gasped, her hips bucking involuntarily. Rosalie looked at Kiara with a smirk, drinking in the sight before her as she started to circle her fingers.

"Don't stop," Kiara groaned, her fingernails digging into the bark of the tree. "Oh fuck, Rosalie."

Rosalie chuckled lightly as she continued her ministrations. 

"Really? Cause you seem almost bored," she teased, crooking her finger just so, eliciting a moan from her girlfriend. Kiara grabbed at Rosalie's face, clashing their lips back together as she panted in pleasure.

Rosalie lost herself in the sweet sounds spilling from Kiara's lips, her world narrowing down to the feeling of her lover's pleasure. Kiara's back arched, her head thrown back as she let out a guttural moan.

"Rose, I'm gonna... I'm gonna..."

Rosalie didn't stop, her vampire reflexes pushing her to make this moment last. She didn't care if the sun rose, or if the world ended, as long as she had Kiara in her arms. 

She removed her hand for a second, ignoring Kiara's whine at the sudden lack of contact as she sunk to her knees, lightly running her hands up and down Kiara's bare thighs before leaning forward and pressing a few gentle kisses from the inside of her knees and upwards.

Kiara's hands fell into Rosalie's hair with an entire body shudder, knowing exactly where Rosalie was going next.

As Rosalie's skilled tongue explored every inch of Kiara's heated flesh, the shapeshifter's moans became louder, her grip on Rosalie's hair tightening. The vampire's fangs grazed lightly against Kiara's thigh, sending shivers down her spine. Rosalie's other hand roamed over her stomach, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake.

"Oh, Rosalie," Kiara panted, her eyes shut tightly, her head thrown back against the tree as the pleasure she felt intensified. "I... I'm g-going to..."

Rosalie didn't respond with words. Instead, she picked up the pace, her tongue swirling around Kiara's clit in a way she knew drove her girlfriend wild. She felt Kiara's muscles tensing, the telltale sign that she was close. A smirk curled on Rosalie's lips, and she redoubled her efforts, wanting to bring her lover over the edge.

"Rosalie! Oh goddess, yes!" Kiara cried out, her entire body convulsing as she felt that release, Rosalie not stopping her movements as Kiara squirmed in her hold.

After a few moments, Kiara's grip on Rosalie's hair loosened, and she slumped against the tree, her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath. Rosalie stood up, a cocky grin on her face.

"Feel better?" she asked, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand as Kiara rolled her eyes, grabbing Rosalie's face and smashing her lips back against her imprint's once more. Kiara's lips trailed down Rosalie's neck, her hands mapping every inch of her cold skin, sending shivers down her spine.

"Your turn," she growled playfully, before she brushed her lips against her collarbone, grabbing at her shoulders and turning them around so it was Rosalie now pressed up against the tree.

The vampire's stern exterior crumbled, and a low moan slipped from her lips at the feel of Kiara's hot breath against her skin.

"Kie," She breathed out, her hands moving down to rest at Kiara's waist, pulling her closer. She could feel the heat radiating off Kiara's bare body and it sent a pleasant shiver down her spine. So different, yet so similar to herself.

Without wasting another moment, Kiara reached up to graze Rosalie's jawline with her fingers, before pulling the blonde's lips back onto hers. Their tongues met in an electrifying dance, sending waves of pure pleasure coursing through them both. Kiara's hands grasped at the gentle material of Rosalie's top, tugging it off her without a moment of hesitation.

Kiara's hands roamed over Rosalie's body, pulling her closer as she left a trail of heated kisses down the vampire's neck. The sensation sent an electrifying jolt through Rosalie's body and she gasped, drawing in a sharp breath.

Rosalie's eyes widened as Kiara sank to her knees on the forest floor in seconds. Her fingers traced along Rosalie's stomach, causing the vampire to gasp at the sensation against her cold skin. 

Smirking up at Rosalie, Kiara nipped gently at the soft flesh just above the waistband of her jeans before she undid them in one swift move. 

"Kie," Rosalie whispered as she looked down at her lover in anticipation mixed with a hint of nervousness. But all it took was one reassuring look from the shapeshifter and all that trepidation was replaced with pure bliss.

Kiara retraced back up to Rosalie's core and the blonde couldn't help but groan at the incredible sensation of those calloused fingers working their magic. For how cold they were in the winter chill, they left nothing but warmth and sparks in their wake.

Rosalie's legs trembled and she couldn't help but clutch onto the bark of the tree behind her for some sort of stability. Her breath hitched as Kiara's movements grew more intense, matching the rhythm of her rapidly beating heart.

Kiara explored Rosalie's body with reverence, her touch so gentle that it was almost ticklish. She would remember this, store away every detail for when they were apart: how Rosalie tasted like honey and iron, how her skin felt both cool and smooth under Kiara's fingertips.

"Kie..." Rosalie moaned, arching into the other woman's touch. Kiara chuckled low in her throat at the reaction she'd elicited from her lover. She dug her nails into Kiara's shoulders, her breath coming in ragged gasps.

Rosalie cried out as she felt herself nearing that familiar edge, her body convulsing under Kiara's skillful touch. And when she finally came crashing down, it was with a loud gasp and a whispered, "Kiara."

As Rosalie's breaths evened out, Kiara stood back up with a grin on her face that matched Rosalie's after she'd mirrored the shapeshifter's actions. Kiara leaned against Rosalie, their bare skins glistening in the moonlight as the blonde snuggled into her, supporting their bodies against the weight of the tree.

"Love you," Kiara murmured into Rosalie's pale hair, her voice heavy with emotions too profound to be expressed through mere words. The vampire did not reply verbally but lifted her head and captured Kiara's lips in a slow and passionate kiss that conveyed more than any words ever could.

The leaves of the trees rustled above them, making Rosalie tilt her head to look up. The moon shone brightly through the branches, casting them both in a gentle glow. She sighed contentedly, turning her gaze back to her lover. 

"I could get used to this," she murmured.

Kiara chuckled softly before pressing another kiss into Rosalie's hair. "You mean you're not already?" Her warm brown eyes twinkled with mischief as she met Rosalie's gaze again.

A grin slowly spread across Rosalie's face. 

"Well, maybe I am a little," she admitted reluctantly, snuggling deeper into Kiara's embrace.

After a while, they finally began to dress again, hands lingering on each other. There was laughter filling the air as Kiara tried to help Rosalie with her jeans and ended up tripping over a root instead. And when they were finally clothed, they shared another heated kiss beneath the tree where it all started.

They took their time walking back towards their little cabin, hand in hand under the glowing moonlight. For them, it was always going to be this - moonlit walks in the forest, passionate nights under the stars, and a love that consumed them whole. 

Rosalie Hale and Kiara Black were soulmates in every sense of the word, two halves of a whole that no supernatural force could ever tear apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 340 29
(I wrote this like a year ago and my grammar was literally beyond the worst and the storyline was horrendously written. Beware.) Luna had just been d...
2.1K 51 17
"In his close embrace, there was nothing else that I wanted then to stay and live here, in Forks. Meet him after school each day for an adventure in...
3.8K 95 39
Madeleine James, a popular "mean" girl gets paired up with one of the schools outcasts for a projects that will change boths lives. Madeleine practic...
51.4K 857 22
Slow updates Jasmine Cullen is back from private school in Paris. She stays away for guys most of the time because, she knows her brothers to well. B...