STELLA (English Version)

By gabibulga

Luna Hart, a freshman at Brown University and lover of literature, has her life turned upside down when she m... More

AUTHOR'S NOTES
AESTHETIC
CHAPTER 1 - LUNA
CHAPTER 2 - CALLUM
CHAPTER 3 - LUNA
CHAPTER 4 - CALLUM
CHAPTER 5 - LUNA
CHAPTER 6 - CALLUM
CHAPTER 7 - LUNA
CHAPTER 8 - CALLUM
CHAPTER 9 - LUNA
CHAPTER 10 - CALLUM
CHAPTER 11 - LUNA

CHAPTER 12 - CALLUM

1 2 0
By gabibulga

The band had been invited to participate in a university radio interview. It would be their first interview. Callum was anxious with so much happening in his life. The band was gaining recognition, and now they had the opportunity to share more about their journey on the local radio.

Hunter couldn't stop drumming on things in rhythm; Dylan was moving his leg frantically; Zack was more reserved, but he kept glancing at his darn phone; Shay was chatting with people passing in the hallway—she was very friendly and outgoing, and Callum kept spinning an unlit cigarette between his fingers, waiting to be called.

They were in a small room outside the radio booth. People walked by, looking inside, curious. Some even recognized the band, commenting on the show and a possible upcoming contract. Zack called Vanessa on Monday, as agreed. Her instructions were clear: promote more before her visit to Rhode Island next week. This meant accepting any interview and event that would boost the band's growth. The radio invitation had come two nights ago. They would answer some questions about the band and personal questions about the members.

"You can come in," a male voice distracted Callum from his thoughts.

Everyone stood up quickly in sync, excited and eager for what was to come.

"Good luck, guys. I'll be listening!" Tracy quickly appeared with a charming smile before stepping away again.

Inside the booth, the atmosphere changed instantly. The soft light and broadcasting equipment created a sense of intimacy and importance simultaneously. The band settled into their seats, microphones in front of them, preparing to give voice to their experiences and music.

The interviewer was a new guy studying on campus; he had dark hair falling over his face and black-painted nails.

"Hello, folks! I'm Max, and we're here on Sounded Campus with the incredible High Voltage band. How are you feeling today?"

Callum, still spinning the unlit cigarette between his fingers, nervously smiled, feeling the adrenaline of the situation.

"We're excited, man. It's a great opportunity to share our journey and our music with everyone," Zack replied with a huge smile.

"Great to have you! Let's start by getting to know a bit more about each of you. Zack, as the band leader, what's it like? How does it impact your personal life?"

"We don't exactly have a leader; we all share responsibilities, and it keeps us united like a family. In personal life..." Zack continued. "Well, I guess everyone knows being a musician has its challenges, but with the support of the guys and our friends and family, we manage to overcome everything."

Callum was gradually calming down, seeing that his friends were handling it well, and that he needed to compose himself. After taking a deep breath, he put the unlit cigarette in his pocket and opened a smile.

Max, a guy with an aura of authenticity and rebellion, continued the conversation in a relaxed tone.

"Got it, Zack. It seems your dynamics are really unique. And, Callum, how do you guys handle pressure and expectations?"

Callum, now more relaxed, looked at Zack before answering sincerely, "We share responsibilities, as Zack mentioned, but, of course, there's always some pressure. I think it's part of the game. At the end of the day, we trust each other, and that makes all the difference. In personal life, I've learned to balance the demands of music with moments of tranquility. We have our ups and downs, but this connection we have as a band and friends, above all, helps us overcome challenges."

Max smiled, showing he understood the complexity of life in this musical environment, before turning to Hunter.

"Hunter, as the drummer, you seem to be the energy source of the band. How do you keep that vibrant spirit in your shows?"

Hunter laughed, displaying his passion for music with a sparkle in his eyes. "Dude, I'm just myself on stage. Music is pure emotion for me, and I want people to feel that. It's not hard when you're surrounded by such talented guys. The energy flows naturally, especially when we're together on stage. It's a unique feeling I try to convey in every performance."

Max then turned to Dylan. "And Dylan, I heard you're one of the main songwriters of the band, and your lyrics are quite profound. Does any specific personal experience influence your creative process?"

Dylan nodded, taking a moment to reflect. "Absolutely. Life is my biggest inspiration. Loves, losses, travels... all of it finds its way into the songs. I want people to connect with the lyrics, to find something in them that resonates with their own experiences. I believe authenticity in lyrics is what creates a deeper connection with our audience."

Hunter observed Dylan with admiration, echoing the band's sentiment. The interviewer, absorbing the sincerity of the answer, kept the conversation flowing.

"Indeed, authenticity is crucial in music. And speaking of connections, Shay, with your outgoing personality and being the only woman in the band, how do you embrace that role?"

Shay smiled, expressing confidence in her response. "Being the only woman in the band is amazing! Even though I haven't been part of the band for that long officially, I feel like we're all like brothers, and the dynamic flows naturally. Music has no gender, and we all contribute in unique ways. I see my role as a chance to show that everyone can shine, regardless of gender."

Max nodded, appreciating the diversity of perspectives in the band. He turned to Zack with renewed curiosity.

"Now that we're all more comfortable, how about sharing some personal stories about the band's journey? Any unforgettable moment or challenge that shaped your path?"

Callum, a relaxed smile on his face, began recounting some memorable stories. "Oh, for sure! I remember our first show at a local bar. We were nervous, but the audience's energy propelled us in an incredible way. It was there that we realized we were on the right path, that music was more than just notes and chords. It was a genuine connection with people."

"And about musical influences, personal or collective, that shaped High Voltage's sound? Any band or artist that left a significant mark?"

Hunter took the lead. "We grew up listening to a mix of alternative rock and a bit of punk. Like Radiohead, The Strokes, Green Day, Blink-182. And newer bands like Simple Plan, All Time Low... I think that diversity is what gives our sound that unique touch."

Finally, Max directed the discussion to the future of the band.

"And now, future plans for High Voltage? Any exciting project or goal you're looking forward to achieving?"

Callum, now fully engaged in the interview, shared the band's aspirations. "Absolutely, we have big plans. We're working on new songs, want to go on a big tour and reach new audiences. The idea is to take High Voltage to places where all these mentioned bands are, keep growing and evolving as musicians and as a band."

"Who knows, maybe one day you guys will play at the Vans Warped Tour?" The interviewer raised an eyebrow.

The suggestion lingered for a moment, and the band members' looks met, conveying a mix of excitement and determination. It was Dylan who responded, expressing a contagious smile.

"Honestly, I believe that's our biggest dream."

The idea of the Vans Warped Tour seemed like a distant horizon, but the gleam in their eyes indicated that the dream was more than a fantasy. It was a tangible goal, an objective that could become a reality with dedication and passion.

"Returning to the subject of Shay. You're the only girl, as we mentioned... Has anything ever happened between you and any of them?" Max tried to provoke a provocative reaction.

"Well, we expected a question like this," Shay replied, smiling, but it was clear she was uncomfortable; her eyebrows raised, and the smile wasn't attractive at all. "We're like a family. They're like my brothers. And it will always be like that," she stated with conviction.

"Of course, absolutely," Now it was his turn to look uncomfortable, but he didn't stop with the questions. "But let's be honest, has anything ever happened..." He insisted on the subject. "It can stay just between us... And everyone listening," Max forced a laugh, but Shay gasped and clenched her fist on the table, getting the message across to Max. "And you guys? Any romantic interest?" Max ignored his previous statement and looked at everyone, especially Dylan, leaving Callum uncomfortable with the question.

A brief silence hung in the cabin, and the members' gazes met, realizing the more personal turn the interview was taking. Zack, deciding to break the ice, took the initiative.

"A curious fact that I believe no one knows," began Zack, "is that I have a fiancée."

"A fiancée?" Max's jaw dropped. "The girls listening to this right now are going to freak out." He elicited laughter from the boys. "Tell us about her."

"She's wonderful," Zack recounted with sparkling eyes and a priceless smile. "Her name is Jackie. We met in high school, and she's always been my biggest support. We complement each other, you know? She understands the chaos of a musician's life, and yet, she's by my side. We've been engaged for a while, and I couldn't be happier." His expression changed, his eyes lowered, and the smile vanished from his lips.

Callum knew about the challenges they were facing; it was really tough for both of them. But he knew they would overcome it.

Max, not fully realizing the shift in atmosphere, continued to ask questions about Zack's relationship, while Callum exchanged a meaningful glance with Zack, silently showing support.

"And Dylan..." Max directed all attention to him. "Tell us about your mysterious girl."

"Mysterious?" Dylan asked, surprised.

Callum felt a pang in his chest at that question. His discomfort was entirely visible.

"The brown-haired girl you've been seen with around our campus. There's a lot of gossip about you two."

Dylan, sensing Max's curious and suggestive tone, flashed an enigmatic smile but didn't say anything immediately. The tension in the cabin was palpable, and Callum tried to conceal his unease by looking away for a moment.

"Well, we share some interests. She's an amazing person," Dylan said, choosing his words carefully.

Max, always in search of a good story, continued to tease.

"Anything else you want to share? Maybe a mystery or a surprise?"

Dylan looked at Callum for a moment, and Callum, feeling unexpectedly in the spotlight, forced a smile, trying to mask the complexity of his emotions.

"Well, I think surprises are an important part of any relationship, right?" Dylan replied, keeping the answer vague.

Callum hoped the conversation would soon return to the focus on music and the band, but Max's insightful gaze continued to probe, leaving a trail of uncertainty in the air. He knew Dylan didn't like to share his personal life publicly, much like himself. Dylan was always someone who only revealed something when he felt comfortable doing so. For close friends, he was always open, but to the outside world, he maintained a certain mystery.

The cabin fell silent for a moment until Max decided to press a little more:

"And can we know the name..."

Before Max could finish the question, Hunter casually interrupted, trying to shift the focus away from personal matters.

"Oh, Max, you know how it is, we want to keep a bit of mystery. After all, the music speaks for itself, right?"

Dylan smiled gratefully for his friend's intervention. Callum released the breath he didn't realize he was holding. Hunter's intervention not only steered the conversation to safer ground but also relieved the tension that had settled in the cabin.

They knew that sooner or later, everyone would find out who Luna was. It was inevitable. Callum knew Dylan well enough to know that he wouldn't withstand the pressure for long. He wasn't the type of person who liked to keep secrets, especially when it came to something important to him. Dylan always gave in to honesty, and Callum knew that soon Luna's story would be revealed to the world—and Callum didn't know how to feel about it.

"Let's talk now about what you guys study," Max suggested, moving away from the Luna topic.

"Sure!" Zack responded promptly.

"Hunter and I study here," Hunter indicated. Max raised an eyebrow. "We study music, obviously." Hunter smiled.

"And you two, boys?"

"Ah, Dylan and I prefer to focus on music at home, on the streets. We were never much into studying," they all laughed. "But we study music, even if not at a university."

"And you, Shay?" Max looked directly at her. The way he looked at her made Callum's stomach churn.

"I study Visual Arts. It was my only dream before finding myself in the band. Taking photos of people, capturing the best moments... It's always been a dream for me."

Callum smiled, remembering the long conversations he had with his friend about her course. Shay's expression showed determination and passion when she talked about her academic journey, and Callum always admired how she balanced her passions for art and music.

Max, now with a lighter tone, redirected the conversation back to music:

"Fantastic! It's amazing to see how each of you brings something unique to the band. And about a new album, what can we expect?"

Zack eagerly took the floor:

"You can definitely expect it. Expect something bold and slightly mature. But not too much, after all, we wouldn't be us..." Zack earned genuine laughs from everyone. "We're exploring sounds and experimenting with different styles. We want each track to tell a story, a unique experience for the listener."

Dylan added:

"This album will be a reflection of our journey so far, the highs and lows, the stories of love and loss. We're putting our souls into this work, and we can't wait to share it with all of you."

"Wonderful! We're excited to hear it!" Max smiled enthusiastically. "I'm sure you guys will be very successful. And there will be girls falling for you," he added quickly. "Well, I think you already know, but I need to announce before we wrap up. Today, we'll have the annual bonfire party for Halloween celebration. You're all invited."

Hunter looked at the boys as soon as he heard the news. His smile was evident. He longed for that night.

"Bonfire party on Halloween?" Shay exclaimed excitedly. "That sounds amazing!"

"We'll definitely be there!" Zack affirmed, sharing the excitement.

Callum felt the positive energy from the interview extend to the prospect of the party. The band unanimously agreed, thanking Max for the opportunity to share their music and for the invitation to the Halloween party. The interview was coming to an end, but the night was just about to begin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 80.2K 33
Brandon Stone works hard during the week and looks forward to a chance to unwind and relax on the weekend. His days of partying like a rock star are...
5.4K 1K 34
Trying to make it through senior year... Hoping to have the least amount of distractions, Sienna Martinez has a simple plan for her final year at Rid...
41.2K 1K 50
The only love Lexi has ever received is those of the fiction novels she reads, but still, she believes somewhere, happiness can be found. Love can be...
84 7 5
Enemies to lovers trope 16 year old Lily was struggling. You'd think that living in the always-sunny California and being the 5'2 brunette with green...