The Blood Of A ......

By charlesmykhala

"You're bleeding and upset. What happened?" "Nothing is wrong. Go away, Jace." She answered. "Bullshit, what... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16
17.
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25
26.

21.

501 21 5
By charlesmykhala

"Only for the food and because my friends are going to be there. " She responded.

"Thank you." He said softly.

"Great, Jace, we'll have a red suit ready for you before the party starts." Zade got up, leading the others outside behind him.

Jace stood up from the floor but halted before walking out.

"Oh, and your dress is missing something." He said.

"What?"

"I want you to have this." He pulled out a small box from his pocket and opened it. It had a small heart-shaped golden necklace inside with a few diamonds on the outer rim.

"It's beautiful." She paused, "But I can't accept it."

"Why not? Do you not like it? Is it not something you'd wear?"

"No, it's lovely. And it is something I would wear, but I just can't accept it. Besides, I wouldn't be able to wear it anywhere."

"You can wear it here. "

"Yeah, but what about school and I already have a necklace."

"We'll deal with the school issue so you can wear it there." A voice came from behind them.

"Father." Jace gave his father the nod of acknowledgment.

"Mr. Damon." She greeted.

"Jason, Donella, or is it Mika now?" He greeted them both.

"It's Mika now." He nodded.

"It's good to see you again." He pulled his youngest son into a hug, which he reciprocated.

"Happy Birthday." He patted his back.

"My boys almost a man." He proclaimed as they let go.

"Happy birthday, Mika." He extended his hand, which she took.

"Thank you."

"You should accept it. It really brings out your eyes." He motioned to the necklace.

"Everything brings out my eyes." He chuckled at her remark.

"It looks good on you. But most importantly, he got it for your birthday present. It's a gift." He pointed out.

"I already have a necklace I wear that was a birthday present." She pulled her hair to the side, showing off a beautiful gold locket.

"Judging by the fact you won't take it off, I'm guessing it has some sentimental value." Mr. Damon said, and she nodded.

"I'll just get you a ring instead." Jace said understandingly.

"I have multiple rings. Don't bother." She shook her head and headed towards the mirror admiring her dress. A fitted red silk long sleeved dress that showed very little if any cleavage. That clung to her body like a glove to a hand.

"The necklace is yours it's a symbol of my promise I made to you last night. It's like a promise ring only in the form of a necklace. A promise necklace if you will." He stepped closer so only she could hear him.

"You can do with it whatever you please wear it, put it on your nightstand, put it in your jewelry box, and forget about it as long as you accept it. I'll take that as a sign that you're allowing me to ensure I keep my promise to you, and I will. At any cost." He assured her, giving her the reassurance that she was looking for.

He placed the necklace on her nightstand and left.

~~~~~~~~~

The party had just started a few minutes ago. And she had just finished getting ready.

She came downstairs in her dress she felt like time had stopped. Everyone was staring at her in awe.

She could see a few unfamiliar faces that she had guessed were invited from Jace's guess list.

But she had recognized a few from her own, including a few designers she'd worked with who were there to congratulate her on turning 17. And her pay increase.

When she finally reached the bottom of the stairs, she scanned the crowd for her friends, her eyes lighting up when she finally spotted them.

"Hi." She rushed to them excitedly.

"Hey." They all said in union.

"Happy birthday, M." Kayden said, squeezing her tightly.

"Alright, move, you've hugged her long enough." Amy tried pulling Kayden off of her.

"Excuse you honey, this is my friend. I'll hug her from now until next year if I want." He snapped his fingers at her.

"Kayd." Mika playfully hit his chest.

"Fine." He bulked before moving out of the way.

"Happy birthday." Amy pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you." She patted her head.

"Get away from me. What do I look like a dog? Why are you patting my head?" She pushed her away playfully.

"Happy birthday, Mika." David tried ruffling hee hair, but she dodged his attempts.

"Don't even I will tackle you." She warned.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." Dean pulled her into a gentle hug.

"Thanks, D." She muttered into his chest.

They all chatted for a few more minutes before she excused herself under the pretense of getting some air.

~~~~~~~~~

She sat on the balcony, a picture in her hand as she silently let a few tears run down her cheek. It was a picture of her, and Rob.

"You promised to be her for me. And yet you aren't. You lied." She muttered barely above a whisper.

"And the worst part is I can't seem to accept it and let go of the fact that you aren't here with me, let alone for me."

At a time like this, she'd be in Robs arms, gazing at the stars together. Not surrounded by people who ignored her, her entire life but now called themselves her family.

'Why don't you just do yourself a favor and jump off."- unknown.

Please, god, not this again. She thought to herself.

"Why don't you just do yourself a favor and go tell it to someone who cares." - Mika.

'Typical rich kid spoiled arrogant and selfish."- unknown.

'Typical stalker spineless, a pussy and hides behind a screen.' She shot back.

"You'll know who I am sooner or later.'- unknown.

'You better hope that day doesn't come.' - Mika.

She continued to cry silently for what felt like forever before she looked at herself. A small chuckle escaped her lips as she wiped her tears.'You look pathetic,' she thought to herself.

"Hey, why are you up here?" Liam asked as he approached her.

"I should be asking you that." She scoffed a small smile.

"You should be downstairs enjoying your party and the food." He nudged her gently.

Her smile dropped instantly.

"Come on, let's go get some." He reached for her hand.

"I'm not hungry." She moved her hand quickly.

"Does it happen often?" He raised his eyebrow.

"What?" She tilted her head in confusion.

"You losing your appetite it seems like a regular thing."

"I just don't feel hungry sometimes." She shrugged.

"But you eat when you are alone in your room and when you're with Kevin and Miranda. You just don't eat a lot when you're invited to eat with us or when we send food upstairs for you. Do you not like it." He pointed out.

"I don't trust anything prepared by your staff unless it's Joffrey. Especially not Miriam and Jane." She said there names with so much hatred.

"Why not did they do something to you?" He asked sarcastically.

"Oh, they did a lot, but it's all in the past now." She spat viciously.

"What did they do?" His sarcasm turned into concern.

"Don't worry about it." She waved him off.

"Nella-?" He started.

"Stop calling me that." She cut him off.

She hadn't turned to face him the entire conversation.

"Well, what do you want me to call you?" He moved closer.

"Like I said, it's Mika." She said in an obvious tone.

"Well, what did they do to you?" He slowly reached for her, turning him towards him, and she didn't react.

Once she'd turned fully towards him, he noticed her face she'd been crying. But why? He asked himself.

"You can tell me I'll handle it." He assured her.

~~~~~~~

"Miriam, make something for Mika to eat she's hungry. And bring it to the 3rd floor." He said as he walked out of the kitchen after passing the order to her.

Miriam smirked. "Will do, sir."

She finished preparing the food without any question and brought it upstairs.

They'd always do this whenever she had to make something for her to eat. They'd purposefully under or overcook it it wouldn't be seasoned or seasoned with too much salt and salt only. It would be indigestible and worse, fucking bland.

That was when she was ordered to cook when she wasn't and had been given money to buy Mika's food. They'd take it and spend it on themself, leaving the child to starve.

Both her, Jane, and three others would split it between themselves.

What she didn't know was that Liam had given the other three money to go buy Mika food, knowing they'd split it amongst themselves and leave her hungry.

Joffrey was the only one who ensured she was fed before she learned how to cook, and then one day in the wood, she met Kevin and Miranda who took over the responsibility of ensuring she was well fed.

They were at a tree, and Kevin was hugging Miranda, who was crying in his arms.

They'd found out something that broke them. If it wasn't for Mika, their marriage wouldn't have survived.

Liam made his way upstairs, where most of their family were.

Now, all he had to do was wait for her and her minions to fall into his trap.

And fall, they would.

Meanwhile, Mika was confronting Kevin and Miranda for joining their parties without informing her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 3.3K 57
Ocean Goldreich is the sister I never had. Or at least, her brothers put that thing in my mind. I tried my best to look at her as my very own sister...
220K 4.7K 47
(Unedited) "You weren't here! You haven't been in a long time so stop trying to act like you were." Willow grew up in a house with six brothers, one...
2.5M 69.6K 38
"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know how I have felt through the years without...