For the love of coffee

By Saphireblueelf

Yuri is fresh out of college trying to make a living. He aspires to be a photographer, working as paparazzi... More

A month of meetings
Iced coffee
Negotiations
Deal?
A delightful dazzling day
Dinner?
Cooking together
A time to breathe
Polarized
Iced Cappachino
The smell of home
Ice magic
Hometown Hero
Passions
Love on the beach
Endlessness
Flights and fancy
Home
Fated
Coming out
A wedding, a funeral and a future

Diner date

14 1 0
By Saphireblueelf

Minako was brutal! She knew what Yuri could do. Viktor watched as she forced the, only slightly, pudgy boy into spins, dips, leaps, bounds and a million other things to contort his body. Yuri never complained. He did each thing she shoved at him. Minako looked on, calculating. Viktor wanted to laugh, she was such a good coach.

Hmm, what if she was Yuri's coach? It wouldn't take much. As Yuri went to change, Viktor came up to her. He explained about their previous conversation. Minako did listen, but she shook her head.

"I can't. I know nothing about figure skating." She insisted.

"You know Yuri." Viktor pressed.

"Yes. I could get him on the ice. I could get him into shape, but I am not the coach to get him to be his best." She sighed, looked behind the counter, at something Viktor couldn't see.

"Why not? He trusts you." Viktor tried once more.

"There is too much of my past that would influence everything around him. I'm not the one Viktor. Find someone else." With that, she walked away from him.

Viktor wasn't going to give up. He would find the perfect coach for Yuri. He already knew Yakov wasn't it. The boy wouldn't respond well to Viktor's coach. The smile, about that thought, was still on Victor's face when Yuri walked out of the changing rooms.

"Next stop?" Viktor asked, holding the leash attached to his dog.

Together they made their way around town. They walked everywhere. Makkachin was well received by many business. She was even offered water often. Yuri took care of them. They had lunch at a small outdoor Café. The dog slept under the table until he owner brought out a plate of food for her as well. Viktor happily paid for it.

As the lanterns turned on, the streets began to fill with more people, they went back to the hot spring. Viktor td Yuri to dress nicely.

Yuri went to his room. Viktor smiled to himself as he walked up the steps to his own room. It was quite posh, he had to admit. Even if they were in a small country town. Viktor showered, deciding to use the bath after their date. He walked to his garment bag, hanging in the closet.

Pulling out the black and silver suit, shirt and accessories, he got ready. Yuri, the name was a tattoo on his heart already. What would he do if Yuri decided to not go back to the ice? What if Yuri broke their contract and didn't stay until his grandfather passed? Viktor leaned against the wall, he knew he was falling for the quiet, cute, adorable former skater. He worried that he was pushing Yuri into something he truly didn't want.

No! Viktor had held him as he cried. Yuri wanted the ice just as much as Viktor did. Maybe even more. The ice held little wonders for Viktor, for Yuri, it still held all his dreams. Viktor squared his shoulders, he moved over to check on his beloved best friend

Makkchin was asleep on the bed. Viktor made sure she had everything she would need for the few hours he was gone. He headed out to go pick up his date. He was curious to see what Yuri would be wearing. They had done some shopping while in town, but nothing like Viktor had planned for them. His smile filled his face.

"Oh, Viktor, where is Makkachin?" Maria asked, passing him in the hall.

"In my room. Don't worry she will be quiet." He promised.

"No, no, do you mind if I borrow her for the kids fair?" she asked.

He blinked slowly. "Um, no she loves little ones." He agreed.

"Thank you!" With that Maria rushed off to Viktor's room.

Viktor walked up to the apartment door. He debated about knocking, or just going into find Yuri's room. With a sigh, he fixed his jacket. He raised his hand to knock on the door. He heard Yuri wail something on the other side, before his knuckles met the wood. The door was pulled open. Yuri's face his Viktor's chest. He stumbled back. Viktor caught his arm.

"Yuri, falling for me?" He asked with a twinkle in his electric blue eyes.

Viktor took in Yuri's outfit. It was a silver suit that set off the tone of his hair. The deep blue dress shirt brought out the paleness to his skin. In a word, Yuri was radiant! Viktor pulled him up to him. He swiped a hand around the thin strong neck.

"Ah, my Yuri." He cooed, bringing their lips together.

Yuri let out a soft sound, before melting into Viktor's arms. The kiss was delightful! Viktor loved the feel of Yuri's lips, so unsure when they first met his. Then they would soften under his guidance. Spread out, mold to his own. They way they tentatively touched, pulled back, only to press more firmly on his, was all so exciting to Viktor.

He had, had many lovers in the past. Many people loved to be love by him, but Yuri, this was something far more special. Viktor knew the other was only doing this because of the contract they had between them. He let the dark man go.

"You look amazing." He purred, helping Yuri straighten his jacket.

"Uh, th, thank you. You look incredible, as always." Yuri's cheeks were adorned with soft pink blotches.

Viktor kissed each one. He waved to Yuri's parents who were huddled together behind their son.

"I won't have him out too late." Viktor promised.

Together they walked down the steps. These led to a back door. Viktor had found out from Maria where it was. He had his driver waiting for them. Yuri huffed as they got inside the waiting car.

"Really, we can walk anywhere." Yuri stated.

"Not on my date we don't." Viktor insisted. He took Yuri's hand as the car drove them away.

"Who will be here, Yuri?" He asked softly.

"Every year, in the spring, this restaurant hosts my old skating team." Yuri whispered.

"The one you crashed and burned in front of?" Viktor asked.

Yuri turned his head away. He gazed out at the sun setting over the water they were passing.

"Yes." He said in such a low voice that Viktor had to lean closer to catch.

"Wonderful!" Viktor cried.

"What?" Yuri wailed, spinning to look at him.

"No its not! It will be humiliating!" He cried.

"Yuri!" Viktor petted his face lightly. Stroking his hand down the smooth cheek, he captured his chin.

"You will be walking into that room, on my arm." Viktor reminded him.

"I dare them to say anything about how perfectly you skate." He growled, a hard edge coming into his soft blue eyes.

Yuri moaned softly at seeing the darker look reflected back at him. Viktor wasted the moment by laughing.

"It will be amazing!" He promised.

The car pulled into the circular drive before the restaurant. They had to wait a few minutes as two other cars unloaded. Yuri sunk lower in his seat. Viktor squeezed his hand, his blue eyes watching the finely dressed, perfectly in shape, skaters walking in.

Their time came. Viktor hopped out, he reached back for Yuri's hand, tugging him from the car.

"Oh, Mr. Nikiforov, we didn't know you would be joining..." the maître d began.

"I'm not joining anyone. I'm here with my date." Viktor said, slipping his arm around Yuri's waist.

"You have our reservation, under Yuri Katsuki." He insisted.

"Oh, uh, well we thought that was a mistake. We put it with..." The older man gestured toward the other skaters.

"Well, that's on you to fix. I have the reservation and acceptance!" Viktor insisted.

"We are not a part of any party, nor does the reservation say that." He held out his phone.

At this point, many people were turning their heads to stare at him. He was rather loudly proving his point.

"Let's just go." Yuri tugged on Viktor's hand.

"Yuri, relax. I will fix this." Viktor purred in his ear.

"Yuri, what's going on?" A man walked up to them.

Viktor recognized him as being the man who showed up to watch Yuri skate at the rink. Yuri looked away, his face turning red as he muttered something to Coach Celestino.

"Nothing, they messed up our reservation." Viktor looked down at the maître d.

"What was the mix up?" The Coach turned to the harassed looking man.

The man explained how the reassured the reservation was a mistake, since Yuri always sat with them the other skaters.

"We added them to your party, sir." The man stated.

"That's fine. They can sit with us." Celestino stated.

"No, this is a special occasion for my boyfriend and I. I am not sharing him with you lot!" Viktor declared, even louder than before.

"We are at capacity. We don't have a table for you." The man insisted.

"Again, not my concern. We made the reservation in good faith, now you're going back on it?" Viktor narrowed his bright eyes.

"What is going on here? Sir, please keep your voice down." A well dressed man stepped up.

"I will not, KEEP MY VOICE DOWN! YOU MESSED UP!" Viktor insisted louder than ever.

Yuri flushed crimson. He was trying to tug Viktor out the door, but the man had legs of steel. He planted himself there and wasn't going to back down.

The maître d, once more explained the situation. The manager glared at the man.

"He is right, this is on you. I've told you before never to change a reservation just because you had a thought!" the man growled.

He reached around the maître d, pulled out two menus.

"Follow me, sirs." He smiled welcomingly.

He led Yuri and Viktor past the group of skaters. Yuri hid his face in Viktor's arm. Viktor waved happily. The manager led them to the best table in the place. This was one, no one was able to reserve as it was the owner's special table.

"Please accept my apologies. We will send over a complimentary bottle of wine with your server." The man bowed.

Yuri groaned. "Now, it just looks like we are on display!" He whined.

"Yuri, with a face as cute and adorable as yours, you should always be displayed!" Viktor giggled, kissing the back of his hand.

Yuri's face reddened once more, but Viktor missed the tender smile he gave his bowed head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 1.3K 23
Yuuri Katsuki is a simple and poor peasant boy with a dream of ice skating. The only problem is that he can't skate worth anything. He's tried time a...
25.5K 1K 18
Yuri and Otabek have been friend since kindergarten, Yuri eventually moves to Japan due to his dad ( Viktor ) falling in love with a Japanese man nam...
73.1K 3.1K 17
Yuuri katsuki is introduced to this famous youtuber, Viktor Nikiforov. ------ Story cover made by: @lilzistrash
3.3K 58 20
Phichit and Yuri work in a food truck that sets up in a park. One day, Phichit bets Yuri on attending a Yaoi café with him. Yuri losses the bet, so t...