The Beauty and the Beast (Sev...

By julieww28

In which Wonwoo gets imprisoned in a beast's castle in exchange for his brother's freedom. Mingyu has to lear... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Bookworm
Chapter 2 - Weirdos
Chapter 3 - Lost
Chapter 4 - The Castle
Chapter 5 - Mission Find Cheol
Chapter 6 - Prisoners
Chapter 7 - No One Here Has Manners
Chapter 8 - The Servants Of The Castle
Chapter 9 - Good Impression...?
Chapter 11 - Be Our Guest
Chapter 12 - The Forbidden Wing
Chapter 13 - Getting Along
Chapter 14 - Seungcheol Spills The Tea
Chapter 15 - A Date?
Chapter 16 - In The Night
Chapter 17 - The Mirror

Chapter 10 - When The Night Falls

241 20 10
By julieww28

A/N: Thank you so much for the reads, votes and comments on this book, it means a lot! <3

.

'Jisoo... Hyung, wake up.'

Jisoo woke up hearing the whispers of Seokmin and he lifted his head from the edge of Seungcheol's bed, groaning when he felt pain in his back from the inhuman position he was previously sleeping in. It took him a few seconds to recognize his surroundings.

After Seungcheol fainted, he and Seokmin took the oldest back to his house. They laid him down and from then Jisoo took it over - partly because he knew a few things about medicine, and partly because Seokmin was afraid of blood as well as a billion more things in the world.

Luckily Seungcheol's wound looked worse than it actually was, but he still lost a lot of blood. Jisoo treated his leg and they made sure to give him painkillers and watch out for him.

They decided to take turns in staying awake in case his condition gets worse or something happens, and Jisoo volunteered to go first so Seokmin can get some sleep. The older sat on a stool next to Seungcheol's bed watching out for him, but his mind was constantly wandering back to Seokmin. It would've been nice to spend some time together in the evening, just the two of them, but Seungcheol needed their help. They still have all the time in the world to... hang out.

Jisoo frowned at the thought. Yeah, hang out. Because they are friends, and nothing more. But then again, even if Seokmin doesn't feel the same way towards Jisoo as the older feels for him, he still cherished their little moments together.

He didn't even remember when he fell asleep, so he was pretty confused when Seokmin woke him up.

'Did something happen to him?!' asked Jisoo in slight panic, checking Seungcheol's wound immediately. Seokmin shook his head.

'No. He is all knocked out. He will be fine, you treated him well' he whispered. Jisoo looked at the time. It was past 2 am.

'I'll watch out for him, you go get some sleep' said Seokmin. Jisoo didn't even have the energy to object. He stood up unsure, still half-asleep. Seokmin saw him stumbling and giggled, helping the older out to the living room where they put down a mattress with a few blankets for themselves. He helped Jisoo lay down and saw him almost immediately fall asleep.

'Sleep tight, hyung' he whispered.

Jisoo wasn't sure if he just dreamed it, but he felt a soft kiss on his forehead and he smiled subconsciously as he went back to dreamland.

.

It was after 2 am, and Wonwoo was still wide awake in his new room in the beast's castle. He felt his stomach rumble and he groaned. He really started feeling hungry after skipping dinner.

Well, he thought to himself, he said I can go anywhere I want to in the castle... maybe I could discover the kitchen.

He slipped out of the bed and put on his cape he arrived in since it was really cold in the room, then opened the door of his room quietly, sneaking outside.

He heard noises from behind the curtain that was covering the window opposite from his bedroom door.

'H-Hey, stop that! We are being too loud' he heard a whisper-yell.

'I missed you so much, my Jihoonie' said another voice, then Wonwoo heard the sounds of someone kissing someone and... maybe fighting?

'Leave me the fuck alone! You just saw me in the afternoon!' said the first voice strictly, who was Jihoon (even though Wonwoo had no idea who or what Jihoon is), then gasped. 'Kwon Soonyoung, stop touching me! You almost burned me last time too!'

'The worst thing about the curse is not being able to touch you' sighed the other voice.

Curse? What curse? thought Wonwoo. This castle was full of mysteries. But he was an adventurer. He was going to figure out everything sooner of later.

He began speed walking down the hallway towards the staircase, not realizing how loud his footsteps actually were. From behind the curtain a candelabra and a feather duster peeked out at the noise. The candelabra gasped.

'Oh fuck! The boy left! Mingyu told me to report him if anything happens to him-'

'Yea, sure, if you report it to Mingyu he'll probably come and tear the kid into pieces seeing the mental state he is in right now' said the feather duster.

'Honestly, that could be. Maybe it's the best if I just follow him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.'

'Let's go' agreed the feather duster. The candelabra looked at him playfully.

'I thought you had enough of me, Jihoon.' The feather duster huffed.

'It's easier to like you when I know you can't touch me' he looked at the candles in Soonyoung's arms meaningfully before rushing after the boy. Soonyoung shook his head in amusement.

'He will be the death of me' he muttered and followed his boyfriend.

.

'Okay everyone, let's clean this mess of a kitchen up, it's been a long day' jumped through the kitchen Jeonghan, the teapot. He made his way onto the kitchen counter and opened the cabinet. 'Chan, go to sleep' he instructed. The teacup frowned.

'That's unfair! All the hyungs can stay up so late, why do I have to sleep with the babies?' he whined, looking at the seven other teacups inside the cabinet that were already asleep.

'Because you are a baby too' said Jeonghan cutely, knowing how much it annoyed Chan when he was babying him.

'I'm 19 already!!' protested Chan. 'I'm older than all the other cups!' he tried to reason with Jeonghan.

'No excuses' said Jeonghan strictly. Chan tried to suppress a yawn. He is not letting his hyung win. Again. As always.

'I'm not sleepy.'

'Yes you are, I just saw you yawn!'

'But even if I were, I can't sleep! They are bothering me!' exclaimed Chan talking about the other teacups.

'In their sleep?' raised an eyebrow Jeonghan.

'Yes! Jungwon snores' said Chan.

'Go to sleep, teacup.'

'Sunoo and Sunghoon sleep talk!'

'Aegi!'

'And Heeseung~ he is~' Chan couldn't finish the sentence as he finally yawned, looking defeated. Jeonghan smiled fondly and carefully helped Chan inside the cabinet next to the other cups.

'This is the last time... you won... hyung...' muttered Chan half asleep.

'Sure, aegi. Sleep tight' smiled Jeonghan closing the cabinet.

'Jeonghan hyung, Hansol is on fire again' announced Seungkwan. Jeonghan sighed. As the oldest in the castle it was always his responsibility to watch out for his dumbass coworkers and he was like a mother figure for them.

'Hansol, learn to control yourself' he said. There was a groan heard from the direction of the stove.

'It's so unfair! You guys at least get to walk around and do whatever, while I'm stuck here in the kitchen!' spoke up the stove.

'I guess that's your punishment for setting the kitchen on fire back when we were human' said Jeonghan. 'Now you will learn your lesson!'

'How will I ever benefit from this if Mingyu hyung can't fall in love and we'll stay like this forever?' said Hansol grumpily. It made the air freeze in the kitchen as everyone else shut up and stopped what they were doing. 'Sorry' muttered Hansol ashamed and he put out the fire he caused on himself.

'It's okay' sighed Seungkwan. 'You just stated the facts.'

Suddenly a creaking noise was heard as the wooden door of the kitchen opened slightly and the objects all looked up at that.

'Oh my, a pretty boy' whispered a plate that had a piece of bread on top of it.

'Shh, shut up, Soobin' shushed him another plate.

'Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt you guys' said Wonwoo awkwardly, seeing how now all the objects stopped what they were doing and were staring at him.

'You are not interrupting at all!' jumped forward Seungkwan. 'What can we do for you?'

'Well... I just got kind of hungry and hoped to find some food here...'

'Hungry individual alert!! Food is on the way!' exclaimed Jeonghan. All the objects in the kitchen cheered and began roaming around, getting ready to serve dinner once again. Wonwoo just stood there, amazed by what he saw.

Yes, he already knew he has to figure out what's going on in this castle.

.

A/N 2.0: I hope you liked the chapter, I decided to add some ship content to this one. You probably won't notice, but next Wednesday's update will be a scheduled update because I'll be busy with school stuff that day, but I promised an update so you will be getting one :)) See you then! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 571 17
This is mostly gonna be junhao and jihan/jihancheol. But I will try to include all the ships! Please do not read if you are under the age of 18, matu...
8K 479 22
A noble prince, ready to do what he could to ensure his people were safe, finds it hard to live under the expectations of his parents' wishes. He esc...
95.7K 3.9K 30
Where Wonwoo has trouble falling in love again and Mingyu just wants a one night stand
59.7K 1K 18
smut ? yes. Ships that are gonna be/are on this book : - Jeongcheol - Seoksoo - Soohoon - Meanie - Verkwan - Junhao and Dino as a single, annoyed ma...