The Kingdom

By Owner_01

This is a story of a magical and powerful world. where Noah was born powerless. His weakness led to the loss... More

prologue
prologue
1- The beginning
The beginning
The truth
The truth
The Meeting
The Land Called Tabiaa
Training day
Training day
Into the dark
The Higher Ups
The man in the shadows
The summon
The Princess
We met again..
The criminals
The criminals
Arden
For Noah..
The memories
The Master Officers

The News

8 2 3
By Owner_01

Alex is walking towards his office, after talking to medelin.. he made sure she rest..

Busy in thought about what happened..
He thinks it was her hallucination..

The man she saw in her hallucination was none other than Alex's best friend.

Ethan parker, one of the great revolutionary soldier.. die in an fight with one of the officers..
Medelin and Ethan loved each other very much..
He was the first task force officer assigned..
Young, talented and caring..

Ethan and medelin were not officially married.. but they did the small marrige ceremony with promises..

Ava is the only trace medelin has of Ethan, that's why she never mentioned her.. she just want her daughter to be safe.. and Alex understands that well..

It hurts Alex to even think about Ethan's dead body.. how brutal it was for medelin to see her love getting buried..

Lost in thought of his best friend,Alex enters his office..

Curtains blowing, cool air coming through the window..

Alex walks up to the window..

It wasn't open, when he left..

*Chomp* *Chomp*
Sound of munching..

Without turning around, Alex removed his black glove.. slowly, and turns to look back,

He quickly points his finger towards the table, a lightning bolt stuck to the pages around his table, the bolt was powerful, enough to scatter everything in the air..

KOOK. A green little creature shouts..

"Ahh." Alex sighs in relief to see kook.

"Why do you always eat my pages, huh?" Alex walks up to the table and takes the kook in his hand,

Kook, a lizard-like dragon, it has spikes on his back, big wide eyes, and wide mouth, it had pages.., kook's kind usually work as underground agents.. they can hear and understand human speech, but they can't talk, they shape shifte into anything and spy..

"Where is Jack?" Alex asked..
Jack,  kook's best friend, one of the spy's revolutionary army had. He mostly stayed out of the town, in cities of royal people to gather information and news..

Kook rolls its body on Alex's hand.. feeling sleepy.., Alex smiles.

Everyone loved kook, he was little. Cute and lovely..

"Now now, tell me the news." Alex said, taking him to the table, and he sat on his chair.

Kook walks up to the edge of the table, after Alex dropped him on it, on the stack of books there was a letter with golden ribbon wrapped around it..
Kook take the rolled letter in his mouth and brings it to Alex..

"Thank you." Alex said and opens ribbon..

The letter is from Jack.. if he sends a letter through Kook, it means he is not coming back early..

Alex reads the letter.

"Hey chief..
Jack here, I hope my buddy got there safely..
Well, I am currently here in the main capital.. I heard something really bad.
You know that accident happened weeks ago, the Mayer mansion one.

Well, both the king and queen of Mayer territory had been under Custody.

They did call a meeting on it a few days ago..and some news spread,that they will be bringing the prisoners to authorise custody..

But the news now had been spreading that the emperor himself summoned them in the main capital. To proceed their execution.

I don't know how much truth it holds, .. I am currently working on it...

And for the information you asked.. well all I could gather about is that, the whole place has become a red zone.. no one is alive there..
the authorities did a very good job of hiding the incident.. and some sources say that Mayer's were last seen at Adren village,

maybe it's all connected..
and no records about the boy you mentioned.. I think he is clear. You can trust him."

Alex smiles on this line.

"Last but not the least, I found a huge news..
Princess diana, is dead. And maybe the rumours were actually true.."

The last news startled Alex..

Princess diana Mayer, daughter of Charlotte Mayer and Leroy Mayer.. who are currently being held as criminals waiting for their execution. Is dead?

Diana was never revealed to the public..
They mostly avoid taking her to royal gatherings.. the reason, well Leroy used to say she is very sensitive to the environment and likes being alone. And they respect her privacy..

"Is it all connected?", Alex said to himself..
It all seemed connected,

Mayer family's last seen location was Adren, Noah's village, the incident that happened in Adren in which innocent lives were lost.. the village was no where in the news, Higher ups hiding the truth and not talking about Adren.
After the incident, Another big accident that happened in Mayer's territory, there mansion got demolished. And they were taken under Custody, again the higher ups not revealing their crime. And lastly the news of princess diana's death..

There was only one way to find out.

Alex makes a bird from paper and throws it in the air..

The bird comes to life and flies outside the window..

In the training room..

Hafsa and Noah practice their combat skills,
Hafsa is very good with hand techniques, so she started teaching him that..

"Stand straight. Back tight and punch the air." She does the exact thing she said, to show Noah.

"Ok", Noah stands straight and punches the air with full power.

"Good, but you can do better..", she stands back,

"In the next session, I'll teach you high kicks.. then we'll move on to fighting." She had the whole time table planned..

"You are really amazing." Noah said out of pure admiration..

"Huh?", hafsa smiles.
"Well, yeah, and thank you teacher." He said.

Hafsa laughs.. it was Noah's first time seeing hafsa smile and laugh, she always stay in like rough mood, like she is about to bash someone's face.
She looks done with everything.
Now that Noah saw her up close, he realised her green eyes suites her fair skin very well,

She was busy putting back the weights.

Then suddenly the sound of a bird,
Hafsa turn to see the paper bird, flying over her head.

She held her palm open and it sits on it..
The paper open and there is a message..

"Wow what's that?" Noah asked, in pure surprise..

"That's one of the techniques, this papers are made by medelin, you can write anything on it, I mean message and send it to the any person, the bird will find the person for you and will only open for them," she explained.

And reads the message..

"You are called." She said. "In Alex's office, well I think, all of us are called."

They walk back to Alex's office.

"Can I come?" Hafsa takes permission before entering the room..

"Yes." Alex said,

Kevin was already present there..
To their surprise medelin and Sophie were there too.

As soon as Noah saw medelin he asked, "how are you?, Are you feeling better?"

She smiles and nod,
"A little better..", she said..

"Everyone is here.. let's begin.." Alex said,

"Kook. Is here." He showed the Lizard like dragon to everyone..

KOOK KOOK. Kook smile.
"Jack sent some news..", Alex said, putting down kook..

"What is that?" Noah asked hafsa..

"That's.. a breed of dragons, they are specialised in spying on people.. and Jack is one of us, he always stays outside to gather information..", Hafs said, explaining.. ," that dragons name is kook, he always sent kook with information he gathered."

"Oh," Noah said.

"Well, Noah.. I need you to answer some of my questions.." Alex said, everyone's attention goes straight to Noah.

Noah felt the eyes, he became a little tensed,
"Yes sir." He replied.

"The royal family you mentioned to me..", Alex said.

"The Mayer's family?" Noah asked..
"Yes, can you tell me more about them.. I mean what were they like.." Alex asked, at this point Noah was the only one who can tell him about this family..

Remembering that day was painful for Noah.
"All I remember, is that when I got there.. the ceremony already started, there was a huge stage.. for them to sit.. along with them, I heard it from Jameson, that it was guild masters..", Noah said.

"Can you remember who attended the ceremony?" Alex asked..
"I.." Noah tried to remember.. he closes his eyes. Picturing the images,

A woman, red hair..
A boy with brownish red hair,

"There was a woman, and a boy, he was older than me.. maybe a year or two.. ", Noah said..
"She had red hair, and the boy had brownish red hair..."

"And?... Only two members?..", he said.

Tell him..
The voice within Noah said..
Tell him, She was there.
It said.. with more serious tone..

"What..?", Noah asked.

His forehead started sweating..

"Noah it's alright if you don't remember.. just let it go."Alex said.

Noah open his eyes..

"Someone was there.." he said. "But, it's all blurry..",

"I am sorry.." Noah said, one thing Alex asked him and he failed, he felt disappointed in himself..

"It's alright Noah," Alex assured him..

"But, is that really important?", Kevin asked..

"What Jack told me.. well it's related to that.." Alex comes to the center of the room.

"Mayer's had been taken under custody. The emperor himself is taking action.."

The news shook everyone present in the room.
"What?", Medelin said.."why?"

"Yeah, really what the hell happened?", Kevin asked.

"You guys know that the Mayer's mansion demolished?" Alex asked..

"Yes," medelin said.
"Hmm, " hafsa replied.. and Kevin nod..

"Well, maybe it's related to that.. they did not disclose the reason of their arrest.." Alex said.

"But that's some serious news..", medelin said..

"Why can't they be arrested?," Noah asked..
Everyone looked at him at once, as if he said something wrong..

"All the roayls commit heinous crimes here and there.. but higher ups never take actions against it.. you know it's all about dectatorship.. they rule. They kill. They do what they want. But never get arrested.. this time it's different..", Alex said.

"Maybe they changed." Noah said..

"Noah, darling.. you always try to see the bright side.. but these people.. they don't have any bright side..", medelin said.

"Alex go ahead, I'll tell Noah about everything later." Hafsa said..

"Ok, thanks." Alex said.

"Kevin." Alex called Kevin randomly, "You got any information about it?",

"I went to their capital last night.. I heard there was this new assigned Officer in the capital, everyone was talking about him." Kevin said.

"Maybe, he was sent with notice?", medelin said.

"It can be.", Alex said..
"And I got a news too, this Mayer's issue is really serious I think, " Kevin said.

"I heard some people talking about it... Rumours have been that there was a battle.." Kevin waits,

"What?" Alex asked..
"Well I heard them saying that there were loud noises between someone and The Mayer's family.. all that destruction happed beacuse of that..", Kevin explained..

"Someone that powerful?.. ", And then something clicks, Alex said, "maybe... That's true." He replied..

"You think so?" Hafsa said.

"What.. really?, I mean who would dare to fight a whole batch of royal army and a king and queen? And especially that Mayer's family?" Sophie said.

"Maybe that someone killed diana too.." Alex said.

The room fell silent.
The words leave Alex' mouth.. and nobody reacted. It was like they had no time to react..

"What?", everyone said, thier face's in full shock.

"Diana?, that princess?" Hafsa said.
"You mean, She existed?" Kevin said.
"Really? That princess with lots of rumours?" Sophie said.
"Alex, is that true?", Medelin could not believe the news..

"Yes, Jack confirmed it.. he said, Princess Diana is dead.. maybe the rumours about her were true..", Alex said..

Everyone fell silent again..
There were no words to say..

"What are we gonna do?" Kevin asked.

"I think it's an great opportunity for us.." Alex said.

"We need to get to the bottom of this." Alex said, "let's start the mission."

"Yes boss.", all of them said in sync.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

769 81 43
My birth was not a joyous day. My kingdom was under attack and if my older brother, and Sworn Protector, Prince Jacobe had not taken me and fled, I w...
25 1 1
its a story about some kids entering a magical world filled with adventures, creatures and magic.
6 0 18
A pirate princess tries to make her way home... wherever home is. she isn't sure where she's from, but she will stop at nothing to find out. danger...
446 75 36
Travis, a meek 19 year old prince from the Kingdom of Hearth, must navigate his life after imprisonment for the crime of existing as a tyrant's desce...