π‘πˆπ•π€π‹π‘π˜ [𝐆𝐒𝐫π₯𝐱𝐆�...

By Marjina28

"You're distracting me." "And you're loving it." ______________________________ Love is, but another undone a... More

Dedication
✿Characters' Aesthetics✿
01. First Day Gossips
02. Cafeteria Conflicts
03. Abnormal Encounter
04. Empty Corridors
05. Wordless Working
Happy Hundred!!! (AN)
06. Sandwich Chats
07. Comrade Kisses
09. Cryptic Challenges
Fabulous Five-Hundred!!! (AN)
10. Brutal Betrayal
11. Authentic Admissions
12. Peaceful Placation
13. Candid Coffee
14. Giddy Grass
15. Dazed Dispute
16. Troubled Talks

08. Subtle Salutations

68 19 1
By Marjina28

"Ahem ahem"

"Uhh err...."

"So! Let's start the trial,shall we? "

"Bring it on!"

"Miss Reynolds and Miss Morgan, what do you have to say about your questionable behavior? " Monica demanded, scrutinizing the two accused.

" Err, well, is this really happening? Sin are we going to be okay? " Angelina voiced, worried

"Err, I think so babe, I'll try to protect you but I'll protect myself first, no offense." As soon as Sienna completed, she whimpered, as she was greeted with a hard blow, on the shoulder, by Angelina who looked so done with everything.

"So are you both going to start or should we press charges against you both" Anastasia said naughtily, as Monica nodded, playing along
"Yes Anna, I believe, the accused isn't going to open their mouth. "

"Yeah Mou I think so too" replied Anastasia, sounding thoughtful.

"Look guys, you don't have to make a big deal ou-"

"BIG DEAL! HUH YOU BOTH START DATING AND DON'T EVEN MIND INFORMING US? I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS!" Monica accused, head-on, furious at their irresponsible attic. Yet she was enjoying grilling her mates more than life.

" I second your cause Mou! They must be EXECUTED. NO MORE TOUCHING FOR A MONTH! " Anastasia joined in, feigning conviction but ultimately broke out into giggles

Surely Monica and Anastasia weren't going to let things slip that easily. It's not so frequent that the friends get to tease and make fun of each other, especially about this silly wonderful and vibrant thing called love. They were only kids. Love, Hate- no matter how prominent and lasting- were still emotions foreign, and unknown to them.

They never quite bothered pondering over those deeply rooted, thick, viscous, humane emotions. Emotions that made us human. Life was simple and lucid for our girls. You study, graduate, get a job, earn, and of course, eat drink and be merry. Life, in their belief, was defined as such. It's like an ocean and only the brave ones manage to surf through it. Others maybe, wade through painfully, panting for oxygen, desperately keeping their heads over the water and holding onto the one last hope to keep them from drowning. While the rest- less fortunate, poor souls, sink.

This was life to our Mou, Sin, Ang and Anna. You either surf or you sink. The middle path never applied to them. It was a ruthless binary state. One or Zero. Ride or die. Nothing in between. And the most dangerous scenario is that, all of them, were determined to surf.

The did not take heed of the sharks that were encircling them and gradually closing in to devour their naive souls. Neither did they take heed of the turbulent waters and sky high waves that could devour them in no time. Life was simple. Yet only if the knew what awaits their fates.

" Mou, Anna we were just about to infor-"

"Stop ! " Monica said dramatically raising her hand as if a general in command.

" We both"-she said pointing her index finger between her and Anastasia-"Are happy for the both of you. You crazy bitches clearly deserve each other. And just make sure not to break each others' hearts because then I'll whip both your asses. AND most importantly, I don't want to become an aunt this early, so keep that in mind. " Monica suggested with a wink.

"Congratulations Guys. You both have our blessings for the very brightly-darkened future that awaits you. Oops my bad, I meant 'brightly- lit' " Anastasia said giggling and dramatically placed her palms over Sienna's and Angelina's head, as if blessing them.

" Thank you grandma" The new couple chirped in front of us as we all burst into fits of laughter, completely oblivious to the curious glances that came our way.

Monica's POV:

Another lazy afternoon. My friends had already left for home and even though they literally begged that I join them today at least, I couldn't agree. I had work in hand that I was determined to win over. Deep down, even I so desperately wanted to accompany my friends to our daily study sessions but I held back. We just celebrated our first official couple today and look at me. Instead of beaming around and poking fun at them, I'm stuck within these four walls with a laptop and overly saturated head.

I kept glancing at the clock on the wall. Desperately waiting and praying for it to strike six so that I could finally leave this hell hole but it's stupid hands seemed to be glued at 4:50. Ughh. That painful ticking sound finally got the best of me and I released an indignant sigh.

I took notice of the quick typing sound in front of me and looked up. There sat Emily Rhodes. Eyes absolutely fixated at her laptop screen and not even Almighty could distract her. Her fingers kept typing skillfully over the letter pad as all those years of typing had ridden her from constantly looking down to search for the next letter.

Occasionally she looked aside at the open notebook placed beside her laptop, which probably held the delicate, valuable codes that she had prepared for her program.

Emily Rhodes was determined. And I mean, she was determined like hell. Determined to Win. To win and get it all. All for herself. However, truth be told,and I believe it's quite clear that she was more determined to defeat me than to get the competition. Her attitude and demeanour says it all.

I am not trying to sound  judgemental, rather, I am appreciating her determination—No matter how she is using it. She is one of the few, or perhaps the only person I've met, who contains such great determination to win and such desperate and raw hunger to defeat. I'm not sure what good it does to her but, I find it highly amazing, and might I add, impressive too.

I have a very strange yet deep fondness for ambitious people. People who know what to do in life and are immensely skilled at their game. Those who seem to have life absolutely sorted and organized. I am, well to put it plainly, attracted to them. It is stupid. I admit. Liking overly ambitious men or women who only have enough space for their targets in their mind and hearts, is not healthy at all. But I cannot help it. I guess that's my type -Red flags all the way.

Only if Emily had a more polite nature. Only if she did not hate me this much. Only if she actually not despise my very own existence. Oh only if we hadn't gotten off on the wrong foot on the very first day. Only if we had gotten the chance to know each other. Only if-

"Any... problem?" came a stern voice.

I was pulled out of my thoughts. Oh my holy pepperoni! I was caught staring. My cheeks burned bright red in embarrassment.

"Uhh... ye-I mean-N-no. No problem. Yeah" I affirmed stuttering and gulping in pure shame.

I had been caught literally drooling over Emily Rhodes. Could life get any tougher.

Emily looked at me weirdly for a few more passing seconds, not quite convinced by my excuse as I painfully held her piercing gaze. Those dark, onyx orbs. I could notice those deep pools of her eyes even from across the room. I could drown in them-MONICA WILLIAMS?! FOCUS. GOD WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!

I scolded myself internally for getting so inappropriately distracted. Sure, Emily was pretty. Probably one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen but I shouldn't lose my cool like this. Especially when there's nothing as such. Absolutely nothing. Or...

Emily tore her sharp gaze away from mine and got back with her work and I painstakingly resumed mine as well..... 5:30, I looked at the clock. 30 more minutes and I'm free.

Fortunately those thirty minutes passed by without any trouble and I thanked God for it. Before closing the door behind me I felt a tugging sensation in my gut and decided to give it a shot. Come what may.

Turning around I looked at Emily as she stared back at me, confused at me delay in leaving as I am always the first one to leave the lab. I held my breath and blurted

" Bye Emily... " It came out soft and fragile, almost as a whisper. There was a pregnant pause as I realized that I had probably made a fool of myself again. Losing hope, I was about to turn back and leave.

—when suddenly, to my utmost shock and surprise I heard a reply. A REPLY. It was crisp and held absolutely no emotion yet it was enough to set my heart racing

"Bye. "

»»——⍟——««

Author's Note (apology, to be exact 🥺)

Hellooo my beautiful readers!!!
Wait! Before you kill me for not updating sooner, I want to say that I am so so so deeply sorryyyy 😵😰😭
My new semester has just begun and, well, assignments have been a bit haunting lately, hehe... 😅
Anyways so this is the new chapter! Woohooo!
There's a little peak into Mou's thoughts about Emily and I think it's kinda 'interesting'😙..... It's happening yayy. If you enjoy the story so far, please vote and share 💗
More updates to follow soon.
Be healthy
Stay tuned
xoxo,
author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 5K 27
Some images from online that I thought I would share.
13.7K 169 14
Cheryl is the nerd of the school and toni is the it girl and she is known for being the fuck girl but cheryl change that you will just have to read t...
23.6K 199 5
5 Girls. 5 Dreamers. 5 Stories. Anything is possible, but who's dreams will really come true? (GirlxGirl)
30.1K 248 17
Camile has an exciting double life, on weekends she's a simple nightclub bartender and on the other she's a Lap Dance dancer, but when Barbara one of...