Transmigrated: I Became A Chi...

By BlackElenaya

A secret of the past. The schemes of the future. A king. A tengu. A kitsune. A tanuki. A seductress. A master... More

A/N
Part one
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

2 1 0
By BlackElenaya

Chiyo also came to the forest. She was able to easily locate the place because of the crows looming around. There are a lot of them. Their obsidian feathers are a stark contrast to the snow-laden place.

On the way, she was also amazed by the tall pine trees that stood like sentinel. The snow is like a sparkling diamond on its needles because of the sun peeking through the canopy. However, even from afar, the smell of death filled the air. She can already sense it, because no matter how hard the beauty tries to conceal the horror that awaits inside, it cannot hide the truth forever.

She walked deeper, following the crows that are watching her moves. Then her eyes darted to the small creatures that are walking in an orderly manner, each of them carrying a flower, a leaf, or mushroom, preparing for the victim's grave. Chiyo's eyes narrowed. The Koro acting like these means the creature that has died holds an important position in the forest. All of them have already created a very long line, so Chiyo decided to follow them, leading her to the right path until she recognized her husband's back.

"Kai-" Her voice faltered. When her gaze shifted, it immediately landed on the dead body on the ground.

It was a tree spirit.

Long green hair, pointy ears, and a root-like feet that was concealed beneath the long white dress, tattered and bloodied. The woman was killed in cold-blood. Her stomach mangled, insides sticking out, and heart dug out. It was gruesome and horrible, but the serene expression was a paradox to the lifeless body.

She tried to look away but her body refused to move.

Chiyo's breathing then slowed down. It felt like the world turned silent as she could only hear her own heartbeat - fast and rhythmic - slow and ebbing.

It was like a broken metronome.

"Chiyo?" Kaito called. He has just turned around when he felt her presence, but was confused to see her blank face.

And she remained on her spot, unresponsive - still as a water. Memories have flooded her mind like waves crashing dangerously. A memory that was hidden deep inside where it should have remained - forever forgotten.

It was the same back then.

Same wounds, same fate.

Dead and cold - heart missing - serene expression.

As the painful image of the lifeless body collided with her past memory, Chiyo was unable to escape - trapped in between past and present.

"No."

Chiyo stumbled as she gasped for air. The memories dropped to her like a shard of glass, its jagged edges cutting through her painfully - reminding her the deep wounds that will never heal. Reminding her that no matter how hard she tries to forget such memories, the pain will clung to her like a ghost - haunting her forever. Then her vision blurried, gaze unfocused, as she felt herself falling through time, back to that painful night. The night she lost everything she has — betrayal?

"No."

The ache in her chest intensified and she was again catching her breath.

dead and cold - heart dugged out.

"No..."

Chiyo curled into a ball, her hands clutching her chest, then her sobs filled the forest. The trees a silent witness to her cries.

"No." She choked, and felt a cold touch to her face.

Kaito pulled her into his arms and she grabbed onto him like a lifeline, weeping and broken. She buried her face in his chest, her tears soaking his clothes, and he just held her in silence, letting her cry out the sadness that threatened to drown her. She let herself be engulfed with his warmth, finding solace in his embrace. Locking up the pain that wasn't supposed to be there.

Chiyo stifled her own cry, biting her lips in the process. Hoping that the pain would somehow vanished. However, Kaito noticed it in a heartbeat so he gently pushed her body and  she lowered her head to hide the tear-stricken face.

"Don't bite your lips." Kaito tilted her chin up, He started wiping her tears then the other touched her trembling lips. She felt the warmth from his fingertip on her cold lips and it travelled down her heart. It was what she needed now. His warmth. His embrace. Just being beside her husband makes her collapsed world a much better place.

His presence — it was her only salvation.

"Chiyo," He called, his voice deep and magnetic, bewitching her to look up.

So she did.

His gaze then met hers — probing, asking, but he did not wait for her cue. He lowered his head, lips almost touching. Her heart skipped a beat and she tightened her grip on his clothes. Kaito pressed his lips against her, warm and cold, fire and ice— their lips melted together.

Chiyo's breathing hitched and she tried to pull away, but Kaito was firmly holding the back of her neck. He bit her soft lips — sucking and biting like a hungry wolf then his tongue pushed forward her clenched teeth. Chiyo moaned against his lips, the sound igniting a fire deep within him so he kissed her deeply, their tongue fighting and dancing together. In the heat of their passionate exchange Chiyo just found hersef laying down on the snow-covered grass, hands touching his bare chest and him on top of her, his lips moving down — leaving trails of kisses against her neck.

Then she heard him groaned and felt his body weigh down on her, locking her in his embrace. The painful memory still lingered, but hearing her husband's heartbeat was enough to calm her heart.

"Any further then I might take you right here, right now." His voice was husky as he's trying to calm himself down.

Chiyo also remained silent, her face flushed. Only after some time, did her husband moved away. He helped her stand and the next thing that greeted her sight was his bare chest. Her eyes widened, and her hand moved faster than her thoughts.

Fixing his unkempt robe, Chiyo's cheeks flushed even more. She almost undressed him outside their home!

"Why are you acting like this is your first time?" Her husband chided, and Chiyo just silently looked up to witness his lopsided grin. "Why are you quiet? Did the kiss wash away your arrogance?"

The voice was slightly teasing — an attempt to lighten up the heavy mood, however, instead of being grateful, Chiyo gave her own husband a dirty look.

"As if." She denied.

She knows he was just trying to comfort her in his own way. Her pain — he understood clearly.

"You are not allowed near the victims in the future." A hand was placed aboved her head.

It was the first time she saw one of the victims, and Kaito never expected her to come too. Their state — he had always kept it a secret from her, knowing that it might open up old memories she doesn't want to remember. And it did.

"But I want to aid you. The yule is coming so another head will lift your burden a little." Chiyo insisted.

She removed the hand on her head and instead held it.

"No." But Kaito was firm on his decision. "What if it happens to you again?"

"Still... I want to help you and I know you'll be there."

"Chiyo. It is still a no. If you really want to help me then you can assist with other things. Ask around for any witnesses. A peek, a glance, or a story of a drunken ghost. Anything might be a clue to us."

Chiyo finally smiled and nodded.

"You should go now."

"Oh. wait."

Chiyo came back. She stood in front of Kaito and gave him a peck on the lips, her feet tiptoeing. Kaito was surprised, it is very rare for his wife to do something like these.

"What? Did the peck just wash away your level-headedness?"

Arrogance back. Chiyo crossed her arm and stared at him mischievously. Why did he have to embarrass her after a kiss? of course, she will get back at him when he least expects it.

"By the way, don't even think about sleeping on the bed tonight. Find your own." She added and before he could say anything, she ran away to escape.

Kaito was speechless. His lips twitched in slight annoyance. She really knows how to make him pay and he was so helpless that he can only look at the running figure.

"As if." Smirking, he went back to his work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 7.2K 36
To tell you the truth , this life is really trouble some.....my face just brings trouble. -------------------------------------------------- Akira Ta...
19.2K 688 52
Pang Li, the queen of the acting school, accidentally transmigrated into the hidden ex-wife of the actress in Lily Wenli's vase. Childhood sweetheart...
9M 314K 27
Erika Lovet is used to being in the background, always in her sister's shadow. Since she was a child, her parents have always doted on Alice, have al...
42K 658 16
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE