๐€๐‘๐‘๐€๐๐†๐„๐ƒ - ๐‚๐‡๐€๐‘๐‹...

Par whoispetka

Long time ago, a promise was made between two Monegasque families. When the time comes, the only daughter of... Plus

๐๐„๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐“ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐†
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐•
๐•
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
VIII

๐•๐ˆ

171 4 0
Par whoispetka

Antoinette

When I woke up, the sun was already high in the sky. 

With pain all over my body, I struggled to get out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. Oh, I look terrible! Like I've been a victim of domestic violence. I had purple bruises on my knees and wrists, and my neck was starting to redden because some blood vessels had burst. I better not go out into the hallway so people won't make up nonsense and report it. Hopefully, it will be better by tomorrow. I applied Max's ointment again, the one Charles brought me yesterday.

After a great breakfast - a yogurt bowl with fruit - I decided to write to my pére and turn on the TV. 

At first, I watched After, but after a while, I got bored of it. I browsed through the selection of movies and series until I noticed a title that caught my interest: "Formula 1: Drive to Survive". I pressed the button on the remote and stared at the screen.

I finished watching the entire first season. Wow. I've never been into cars in my life, but after this, they've definitely become my new obsession. Plus, from episode eight, I managed to learn more about Charles and his past.

I got up from the couch and went to get my phone, which I left charging in the bedroom. A new message from my dad appeared on the screen: "Call me when you can."

I dialed his number. "Hi, how are you? You wanted me to call..."

"I'm doing great, I hope you are too. Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

"Would it bother you if I... found someone?"

I hesitated. "Are you implying something?"

"Her name is Marcella, we met recently, and she's really nice. I'd like to invite her to dinner," he said.

"Dad, I don't know what to say. I can't imagine you with anyone other than Mom, but at the same time, I want to see you happy and content after such a long time. If she's truly the right one, then go for it..."

"Thank you, Nettie. And what about you? You should arrange a wedding date with Pascale as soon as possible. Available dates are running out, and you'll have to adapt to Charles's race schedule..."

"Pére, do we really have to get married? We, me and Charles, don't love each other and perh..."

"No discussion, the agreement is signed, and the wedding will take place," he said firmly.

I hung up. Seriously?! While my father will be happy with his new girlfriend, I'm supposed to suffer in a forced marriage just to satisfy his dead friend? How ironic!

To blow off steam, I watched another season of "Drive to Survive" and ate two bags of chips. 

Later, I took a shower, especially washing my hair, so I wouldn't look like death in the paddock tomorrow. I spent about an hour in the steamy, warm bathroom, and when I came out, I felt like a soldier after a tough but won battle. I'm still standing... There was a knock on the door, and Charles walked in. He didn't greet me; he looked seriously angry.

"Politeness dictates saying hello, or did your mother not raise you well enough?"

"Can you just shut up?! I got a fucking P5 for tomorrow!"

"Well, that's a good result," I replied.

"I could've done better!"

I sighed. "I wanted to ask if you wanted something to eat because I'm going to cook dinner, but since you're being unpleasant to me again, especially for no reason, I've decided to let you starve..."

Inside, I understood him. He's under immense pressure. "How about Max and Carlos?"

"Max has pole position - again, as usual - and Carlos is behind him."

There was a moment of silence in the room; we both were absorbed in our thoughts, and I didn't want to provoke him further. I busied myself around the stove, while Charles was talking to Pascale and his brothers in the living room.

"Nettie, how are you holding up?" he asked, as he entered the kitchen.

"I'm doing better now; the bruises should fade away by tomorrow..."

"Are you sure? You don't even have to go anywhere tomorrow if you don't want to," he said.

"No, I'll be very glad to go. I want to see the race; lurking alone in the room without company isn't fun," I replied.

"What suddenly interests you in Formula One?"

"Well, a certain series on Netflix helped me..."

He smirked. "TV can't compare to reality." Then he sighed. "Alexandra cheated on me..."

I laughed incredulously. "That was a good one," but he didn't look like he was joking even a little bit.

"I've been thinking about our relationship. It was toxic, manipulative, God, she had me wrapped around her finger. I believed everything she said. If I had gone to that bar with you yesterday, you certainly wouldn't look like this now. I'm sorry," he confessed.

"You loved her too much... I'm alive and well, so it doesn't matter," I replied.

Then he hugged me. "I'm so sorry for being a salaud," he said.

"You should be. I still hate u."

"I have no doubt about that."

The entire grandstand stood up as Carlos and Charles crossed the finish line. "Carlos Sainz wins the Australian Grand Prix, and his teammate Charles Leclerc is second! An outstanding result for Ferrari!" I heard the commentator's voice.

I ran closer to Charles and Carlos, who were long surrounded by a crowd of people. I knew the cameras were watching me, but my joy was genuine.

"Congratulations!" I hugged Carlos tightly as I managed to squeeze through to him. I didn't hear his response - Charles pulled me towards him and kissed me without warning.

The sensation was electric, akin to the rush of adrenaline felt during the thrilling race. His lips were soft yet firm, much like his driving style. However, I couldn't enjoy the kiss - the intimacy was ruined by the following flashes of cameras from every direction.

We separated. Flashes blinded my eyes, and I was about to say something to him, but I remained silent. Didn't he say that kisses were out of the question? I decided it was best to go to the pit. On my way, I ran into Lando.

"Hi, sweetheart. Your presence delights me more than that third place!" he smiled when he saw me. "I was just trying for you!"

I returned his smile. "Congratulations, I'm proud of you."

"What's my reward?"

"What would you like?"

He winked at me. "Perhaps a kiss?"

I approached him and gave him a quick, harmless peck on the cheek. "There you go."

He chuckled. "That doesn't count!"

"Lando, I'll tell Carlos to call your mom that you're wooing engaged girls!"

"Please, no!"

We talked a bit more, then hugged goodbye, and I left to wait in the drivers' room. My fiancé received a slap in the face as soon as he opened the door.

"Qu'est-ce que c'était censé être ?"

"Nothing, just a kiss... the media will love it, and it'll drive Alexandra crazy."

"Never dare to repeat that! A kiss is a personal matter to me. J'embrasse qui je veux!"

"Geez... Nettie, chill out a bit!"

"No, I won't calm down! Get out!"

"You're in my..."

"Fine!" I stormed out of the drivers' room.

Oh God, will there ever be a day when Charles and I don't argue? I chuckled to myself, leaning against the wall and watching Ferrari fans celebrate wildly all around. Carlos was spraying champagne on everyone, hugging with the managers, with Charles, with Lando... Kelly was calming Max down - he always took losses hard (as could be seen in the series).

I stayed alone for a long time, not wanting to join the others - I wanted to be by myself. A million thoughts raced through my head, and it felt like my head was about to explode. I was fed up with Charles, with my father...

"Nettie, what are you doing here alone? You should go celebrate..." Kelly's voice reached me.

"How's Max doing?"

"He'll have to get through it. Today it was just the car that stopped him, poor engineers, now they're shouted on..."

"Seems like I'm not the only one pissed off. We could start a club for pissed-off people!" I smiled.

"Well, you see, you're much prettier when you smile!" She helped me up and escorted me to the others. "We have to say goodbye, I'm flying back to Monaco tonight to meet Penelope... I hope we'll see each other again soon!"

"You'll be missed!"

She turned around and left. Tears were welling up in my eyes. I don't know how I'll survive without her...

Carlos and Charles were in a tipsy state, while Lando and Oscar Piastri were already asleep in their chairs. Charles staggered over to me. "I guess it's just all too much for little Lando Norris... Hey, mon amour, care to repeat the kiss?"

"You're drunk, please sit down, or let's go back to the hotel."

"I'm perfectly fine, and you could use one too. It's really good, and maybe you'd be nicer after some champagne."

"No, I'm not drinking today. Come on, let's go, say your goodbyes. You can celebrate at home."

"No, we won't go home until after Shanghai! And at home in Monaco, I'll have to deal with wedding matters, so come on, Nettie... just five more minutes!"

I grabbed him by the shoulder and dragged him to the taxi. Back at the hotel, I practically collapsed onto the bed since I was way too tired from carrying him the whole way. Good Lord, must he be this heavy?

"You really don't want to repeat that kiss?" He looked at me with puppy eyes.

"No, shut up and let me sleep."

"And what if I don't?"

A/N: Thank you very much for 400 reads, I'm almost crying with happiness! I never expected this in my life! If you liked any part, or if there was something you didn't like, please write it in the comments, so I know what to change or improve! Every comment or vote is appreciated <3

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

22.1K 265 15
๐€๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š ๐๐ž๐œ๐ข๐๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐๐š๐, ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐ ๏ฟฝ...
45.4K 712 34
ร‰lรฉanor Wolff Is trying to move on from a bad breakup. What better way to do that then to join her dad and friends along for the 2022 season of Formu...
12.1K 130 24
Childhood lovers who made a pact. One never stopped loving the other. Did the other move on? Charles Leclerc X FEM OC
27.3K 881 31
Arthur Leclerc, a Uni student and the little brother of F1 driver Charles Leclerc. Ever since 2017 his life changed. Charles career started, their fa...