Wolf and a Fox.

By Skyarcher07

Takes place during the events of the IDW series. More

Betrayal
Part 2
Angel Island
Miniseries part 1
Miniseries part 2
Miniseries part 3
Miniseries Finale
Metal Virus part 1
Metal Virus part 2
All or Nothing
Out of the Blue.
Silver
Mini Dubs
Thunderstorm
Urban Warefare
Reinforcements Arrive
Tower Tumbles
Plan B? Oh NO!
A hunt for Mimic
Surges turning point?

Duo the Cat

42 1 0
By Skyarcher07

Notable Characters:

Y/N is an anthropomorphic fox with a unique outfit with a foxlike mask covering their face and a modified Burst Wispon. They have a quiet demeanor, complex thinking, and prefer to stay out of the limelight but has a fiery temper. Y/N shares a close bond with Whisper and Tangle. Currently has a broken arm with a cast immobilizing it due to Metal Sonic. Silver has feelings towards them, but they rejected him.

Whisper is an anthropomorphic wolf with a combat-oriented outfit. Since the betrayal, Whisper has become quieter and more reserved than Y/N, bottling up her emotions in stressful situations. She has a deep bond with Y/N through shared trauma and Tangle even though their complete opposite personality's.

Tangle is an anthropomorphic ring-tailed lemur with a prehensile tail. She is loud, friendly, and easily excitable. Tangle has strong friendships with Whisper and Y/N, providing support and encouragement to both.

Lanolin is an anthropomorphic sheep with a helpful and hardworking mindset. She is formal and easily startled, preferring to have a plan before taking action. Lanolin is willing to put herself in danger when needed and is good at recognizing when others are hurting.

Y/N, Whisper, and Tangle were in the Restoration HQ's workshop where Belle is tuning Whisper Wispon. Whisper's and Y/N's wisps were playing (Jack Black?) nearby.

Belle: Everything's holding up! I officially give you Wispon a clean bill of health!

Whisper: Good.

Belle: It really is a neat piece of engineering. There's a lot more I could learn if you willing to let me keep tinkering with it...

Whisper looks uneasy.

Tangle: You just put it together and now you wanna take it apart?

Belle: Okay, Okay! It's safe ...for now.

Some guy comes over.

Guy: Hey Belle! You got those new gadgets ready?

Belle: You needed those today? Oh geez! Sorry y'all but I've got a bit of panicking to do!

Tangle: No worries. We've gotta get going anyway. Lanolin's got us on this new training schedule. 

Whisper grabs her Wispon before the three begin walking out.

Tangle: Try not to blow anything up this time!

Suddenly Y/N bumps right into Silver, throwing them both to the floor. Silver blushes.

Silver: Oh! Y/N I'm sorry I just zoned out...

Y/N stands back up extending their hand out and pulling Silver back up.

Tangle: Something on your mind? 

Silver: Eh its dumb...

Tangle: Dumb, shumb. We won't judge!

Silver: How do you know you're working hard enough? I don't want to waste my time here, but I'm also supposed to enjoy what I got... and with Blaze away traveling and learning the world I--

Whisper: Come train with us. 

Silver: Wait me?! In the Diamond Cutters?

Y/N looks a bit uneasy as they shift their mask over their face.

Tangle: Heck yeah dude! Let's do this! 

Silver: This is going to be awesome!

Later in Green Hills...

Lanolin, Y/N, Whisper, Tangle, Silver and a new member named Duo were on a hill of Green Hills.

Lanolin: Alright Diamond Cutters, The Restorations Re-greening efforts haven't reached this part of Green Hill yet. So, feel free to really let loose.

She looks at Y/N.

Lanolin: Except you Y/N, your still injured. I don't even know why you even came?

Y/N let out a frustrated growl under their mask, feeling the weight of their broken arm and the restriction of their injury. Despite Lanolin's concern, they had insisted on joining the training session, determined not to be left behind or seen as weak. They leaned against the wall, watching their friends and the new member, Duo, as they prepared to train.

Lanolin: Since we have some new faces today, it's a good time to work on coordinating moves and working in the field. If that sounds good to all of you, lets head down to the bottom of the canyon and get started!

Y/N, Whisper and Lanolin begin walking down as Tangle quickly runs past them.

Tangle: YEAH, LETS KICK COMMUNICATIONS BUTT!

Silver floats behind them as Duo looks, thinking to himself.

Duo: (The physic kid... he could be trouble if I don't play this right.) Hey uh hi! I'm Duo.

Silver: Silver! You're the new D.C. recruit, right? Thats so cool! 

Duo: Oh, I'm nothing special. You though, I've heard a lot about you... is it true you took out Metal Overlord? That you fixed the Metal Virus?

Silver: I helped...

Duo: You're a legend! I heard you can move things with your mind. How much can you lift... like a car?

Silver: Pff- Thats nothing. Check this out!

Silver floats in the air before lifting a couple of boulders up into the air. Duo looks a bit uneasy.

Duo: Oh... wow...

Silver: This really isn't that much, but I didn't want to tear down the whole mountain.

 Tangle and Y/N notice this from the bottom of the canyon.

Tangle: WOO YEAH! Looking good Silver!

Lanolin and Whisper turn around seeing the boulders being lifted. 

Lanolin: Can you bring those rocks down here? Maybe we can use them!

Duo grins as this is going smoothly. With a sudden movement he kicks the back of Silvers foot making him trip and lose his grip on the boulders. Y/N and Whisper notice this but stay silent as the boulders begin going toward them. 

Lanolin: Of all the... NO NOT LIKE THAT!

Silver: SHOOT! Hold on I'm coming!

Silver goes to fly down as Duo goes against the wall, suddenly the wall behind him begins shooting out water. Suddenly a giant fish badnik burst through the wall. The rocks and water fall around the four.

Lanolin: Whisper, can you hover us out? 

Whisper: Greens hover isn't fast enough!

Tangle swings her tail around.

Tangle: I got this!

She lets go of her tail as it launches up to the top of the cliff gripping onto the edge. The four grab onto each other as they swing away from the wave.

Tangle: Ooh! Can we call this the "Scorpion Formation"?

Lanolin: LESS NAMING! MORE SURVIVING! We're not out of this yet split up! Whisper with me!

Whisper activates her Wispons hover mode and hold Lanolin's hand as she pulls off her cowbell into her Wispon, she swings it sending a pulse destroying the boulders before hovering onto a cliff where Tangle and Y/N are at.

Lanolin: Not exactly the training I was hoping... where are the boys?

Y/N: No visual.

Tangle: I can't see them... 

She then notices the giant fish Badnik stuck on some rocks.

Tangle: ... wait there!

Silver was in the open mouth of the Badnik, his telekinetic powers struggling to keep the teeth open.

Duo: Come on! Tear this thing apart already!

Silver: It's a lot harder when they fight back! Ahh!

The mouth begins closing as Silver struggles to keep it open. Duo's eyes go black with white pupiles as he begins scalling the wall to leave Silver behind.

Silver: Wahh! DUO!?

The mouth slowly closes on Silver.

Silver: What are you doing?! I can't hold this!

Suddenly an explosion hits the Badnik in the eye. The four swing onto the now destroyed Badnik.

Tangle: You're okay!

Lanolin: Where's Silver?

Duo: I'm so sorry I couldn't save him... the teeth... so big...

Suddenly the teeth part away revealing a pissed of Silver as he floats out of the Badniks mouth.

Duo: Huh?!

Silver grabs the badnik and throws it to the wall before looking at Duo.

Silver: YOU DITCHED ME!

Duo: Ditched!?

Y/N's eyes narrowed behind their foxlike mask as they stood beside Silver. Anger danced in their eyes as they glared at Duo, not believing for a second that he couldn't have done more to help Silver in that dangerous situation. They step closer to Duo reaching for their Wispon.

Y/N: You have 5 seconds to explain.

Duo: I was going to call for help!

Silver: Then why didn't you say so? 

Tears start going in Duo's eyes. Y/N glares harder at Duo but Lanolin stands beside him. 

Lanolin: Let's not point fingers.

She notices Y/N reaching for their Wispon. 

Lanolin: Y/N stand down.

Y/N's growl rumbled low in their chest, a fierce sound that echoed in the canyon. Their eyes blazed with intensity, betraying the anger and frustration boiling beneath the surface. Despite Lanolin's command, they stood their ground, their grip tightening on their Wispon as they refused to back down. 

Y/N: I. Don't. Take. Orders. From. You.

Lanolin ignores Y/N looking back at Silver.

Lanolin: I expected better control from you Silver, with powers like yours, there's no room for error. 

Silver: It was an accident.

Lanolin: Well accident or not... next time do better.

Later...

Silver was sitting on top of his broken down shed in front of his garden. Y/N and Whisper come up behind him without warning.

Y/N: Silver.

Silver: AHH! Y/N, Whisper? Sorry I'm just a little distracted. Again. I'm can't stop thinking about what happened in Green Hills. Something about Duo was just... off. When we were trapped in that big fish bot, He was a COMPLETLY DIFFRENT PERSON.

Y/N and Whisper look at each other before nodding.

Whisper: We saw it.

Silver: Saw what? 

Y/N: You didn't trip. He KICKED you.

Silver: ... I could swear I saw his eyes change color.

Whisper: Change how?

Silver: The white part turned black and... his irises turned white.

Whisper puts her mask fully on as Redster goes into Y/N's Wispon.

Whisper: We're going hunting. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 151 4
Four-part series about how Soap accidentally discovers the relationship between the 141's medic and his Lieutenant.
219K 5.9K 96
๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’ ๐๐ˆ๐๐‰๐€๐†๐Ž ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘!! โ€งโ‚Šหšโœฉ โœถ . เฃช ื… ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ซ๐˜ข ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด...
8.4K 317 11
โ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ... ๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ.โž
234 11 9
Three years ago, Mobians and Demons fought side by side to save their worlds from a threat unlike any other. An old enemy of Sonic's returns however...