To Love A Villain

By Chick_ennugget

"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to... More

The day I died
Once again
Drive him out
I have to get rid of him
Alternate route
His plan
Change of plans
Awful discovery
Stupid little thing
Discipline
The Jewelry Plan
Sweet sixteen
Help me out
Happy Birthday, My Lady
Who am I?
The pathetic monster that I became
My sweet obsession
Pitiful romance
My desires
The Helper
Her brother's secret
The engagement
The haters
Just me
Propaganda
The informant
One peaceful day
Ruin her
Happy Seventeen
Everything is the same
Life in prison
How to let go?
Final preparation
Wishes
Make love
The End of this pathetic life
snippets
More snippets
Amber's cafe
A cute little guest
Something is weird about the kid
Reunion
Why would the master of the magic tower be here?
My peace is here
Death
Power
Something impossible
My happy place
Holy Power
Exposed
The king's summon
The king's request
Ahin's rose of affection
The exes
You have to stay
Party
An old friend and an 'accident'
Take care of the mess
My Dear Lovely Lady
The kids and the things they do
Training
Success
Under attack
A Genuine Gift
Matching scars
Odd relationship
Cute
The Elf's Plea
Mana core
The Forest Of Elves
Why want the core?
Mana core
The Night Of The Full Moon Game
Dance for me
The Next Task
This Beautiful Person
The Bane Of His Existence
Display of power
Bitter Truth
The Time That Made Him What He Is: The Beginning
The Time That Made Him What He Is : The Isolation
Tree infused palace
The Time That Made Him What He Is : A Half Bastard
The Time That Made Him What He Is : Betrayal
The Time That Made Him What He Is :Abandonment
The Time That Made Him What He Is :No Hope, No Power
The Time That Made Him What He Is:Powerless
No one else but you
Volume 3
Dynamics
Gender Bender

At Death's Door

4.9K 233 45
By Chick_ennugget

>>Amber

Is it just me?

Why do I feel like my body's getting a little hot?

I touched my cheek, it was cool. Then, I touched my forehead, it was fine too. I guess it was a little higher than normal, but otherwise there was nothing strange.

Hmm?

I tilted my head as I put both my hands on my stomach. I feel like my stomach is getting hot.

Is there something wrong? Or do I need to go to the bathroom?

I'm not getting my period, am I?

No,

It's only been a week since I was free from my period, I can't be getting it again now.

The door opened and the bell jingled. I turned to look at the entrance.

"Amber!" A little girl ran inside.

"Rika," I smiled at the redhead as she came skipping towards the main counter.

"Hiya!" She waved at me.

"Hey~" I waved back at her, "How are you?"

"I'm good," Rika was seven, she's Ahin's younger sister and one of the people who love visiting the cafe, "I came to show you something,"

"Oh?" I leaned on the counter as she tried to sit on the stool. She was small so she was struggling, "Want any help?"

"No!" She was determined, "I got it," She had her arms on the stool and was pulling herself up with all her might, when a pair of hands came and pulled her up. They grabbed her waist, startling her, then put her on the stool.

As she was sat down, she shot her head to look at who had helped her.

"Brother!" She was mad, "I was going to sit by myself!" She folded her arms and pouted.

"Oh?" Ahin passed her a nervous smile, "Sorry, I thought you were struggling,"

"Hmph!"
She looked away and I chuckled, "I'll give you juice," I poked her cheek, "Do you want some?" Rika kept her eyes closed, her cheeks pouted and her arms folded, but she still nodded at me, "How cute," I smiled and then looked at Ahin, "Would you like something?"

"No," He shook his head softly, "I'm just here to tell you that I won't be coming for a few days,"

"Oh?" I walked towards the barrel, "Why not?" He walked with me from the other side.

"The jousting tournament is starting in the capital,"

"Oh," I grabbed the glass and started pouring the juice in it, "Are you participating?"

"Well, I am part of the Royal knights, so I might need to participate, it depends on the prince, but I have been asked to go back for the time being,"

"I see," Once the glass was full, I walked back to the counter front where Rika was sitting, "Will someone else be taking over your duties here?" I passed the glass to Rika, "Here," She took the glass from me from both hands,

"Thank you!" And started drinking immediately.

"For now, Count Aron's knight will oversee the city,"

"I see," The jousting tournament is a pretty big deal amongst the nobility. The best players from different noble houses participate. It's a big deal because the winners get to present roses to the ladies present there. But I'm not fond of it. I looked down for a moment,

Not one bit

It brings bad memories. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Amber?" Ahin called out to me and I raised my head to look at him

I smiled, "If you do participate, I hope you win,"

He passed me a toothy grin, "It would be amazing if you would be in the crowd there," My heart stung at his words but I didn't show it. He looked at his little sister, who had gulped down the juice in one go, "I'll have to take her with me."

Oh, right

It's only the two of them so there's no one to look after Rika if he's not here. I wonder, can I offer him a hand?

"Where will you take her? Won't you be staying in the knight's dorms?" I asked.

"I'll have her stay with our aunt. It's only for a week, so it should be fine." He went ahead and picked Rika in his arms, "I have to leave right away."

"Have a safe trip," I didn't say anything about keeping her. I felt like if I went above and beyond for small things, I might lead Ahin on. I still have to think about his proposal, so it's best not to offer anything before I've come to a decision.

"See you after a week," Ahin waved at me and seeing him Rika waved at me as well.

I was about to wave back at them when I suddenly felt dizzy. My world spun and I almost fell forward.

"Amber!!" Ahin came towards me but I balanced myself by leaning on the counter.

Oh! God! What was that?!?

"Hey," He put his hand on my shoulder, "Are you alright?"

I felt the heat in my stomach get stronger. I gulped, straightened myself up and looked at him, "I'm okay," I replied, "I probably just need more sleep."

Ahin stared at my face, "You look pale," He was worried, "Maybe I'll skip on going-"

"No!" I stopped his thought right there a little too aggressively. It even caught Ahin off guard.

"Hey..." In turn, it got him more worried.

"Ahin," I smiled, "I only need sleep," I lied, I could tell something was wrong, "I'll be fine, you can't risk not going back to the palace because of me, you'll get in trouble,"

"But," He kept staring at me.

"I'll get mad if you don't go," I glared at him softly, "You're a royal knight, you don't have the leisure to say no when you get a summon."

Ahin pursed his lips, "I want to stay though," I folded my arms, "Well, of course I know I won't be of any use to you even if I stay, but I'm just worried." Rika stared at me too, "Are you sure, you're okay?"

"Sure?" Rika repeated the question as she got worried as well.

I nodded, "I am fine," I pointed at him with my finger and then twirled it around, "Now, be on your way!"

Ahin didn't immediately move, but he had no other choice. Being a knight in the king's army means he can't say no when an order comes from the palace. He has to go. He's really sweet, wanting to stay with me just because he saw I wasn't feeling well, but I don't want him to get in trouble.

He finally gave in and turned around to leave, "See you later then,"

I waved at him, "Bye," I smiled, "Bye Bye, Rika,"

Rika turned her face towards me as they made their way out, "Buh bye!!" She waved both her hands at me, "Oh! Wait," Then she suddenly remembered something, "I had to show Amber my treasure,"

"You can show it to her next time," Ahin didn't stop, "We need to get to the capitol by nightfall."

"Awww,"

And they were out of the cafe. I watched them through the window and once they were out of sight. I sat down on the stool.

There was sweat on the back of my neck.

Something's wrong!

I gulped

I placed my hands on my stomach again. Something is seriously wrong! It feels like my stomach is burning!

"Boss?" Aira came to the counter and placed her hand on my forehead, startling me

!!!

I hadn't noticed that she had approached me.

In shock I sat up straight.

"Boss, you're burning!" She got worried as well.

"I am?" I touched my cheek. It had gotten hotter, "Oh... I guess, I am," I gulped, "I feel awfully thirsty as well."

"I'll go get you some cold water," She ran to the kitchen and I felt the heat rise. Not just in my stomach, but in the rest of my body as well.

There was a feeling of rejection.

Like I had eaten something my body wanted to throw out. Like a feeling where the same poles of the magnet collide and throw each other away.

I gulped.

"Aira?" I called out to her as I got up from the stool, "Cory?" I didn't realize that my voice was coming out in the form of whispers and no one could hear me.

I should go to bed.

Good thing I live in the same building. I just need to go to the third floor. That's my living apartment.

"Miss Amber?" A customer noticed me. I didn't recognize the voice so I turned my head to look at the person, but as I turned my head, my world spun again.

This time even more violently.

I couldn't even react in time like how I did last time and I fell. Knocking the stool in the process, I was on the floor even before I knew it.

The customer ran to me, trying to help me. But the pain in my body only got worse.

"Boss!!" I caught a glimpse of Aira running towards me with a glass of water in her hands, along with a few other customers before I felt a jolt of crucifying pain.

A pain so sharp it made me pass out immediately.

Unfortunately, the pain didn't subside with me getting unconscious like how it usually does. On the contrary, as I delved into my unconscious mind I found myself in more pain.

There was so much brutality there, it felt like something wanted to rip my soul apart.

It was like someone had left me at death's door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...
21.3K 976 19
Aries Rielsé, the greatest assassin of his time. A product of the assassin program of year 3696 and the only successful subject. His emotions were lo...
5.7M 303K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
1.1K 22 44
crappy isekai MC's that don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...