The Inured Villainess

By emwritesbookstories

Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarna... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 24

885 32 2
By emwritesbookstories

Estella

Having no other choice, I danced with him. Causing attention at a ball this large would lead to nothing but trouble. My little squabble with Kyrell won't stop that.

His movements were nice. His hold on me was too comforting. I felt safe within his arms.

And it was so wrong of me to think this way.

"I'm sorry if I offended you." He whispered so quietly I could barely hear him over the music.

"I'm sorry that I left you like that." I truly am. I didn't know what I was doing in the moment. "I was scared to face you again. I was just confused, is all." I was caught off guard. My heart wanting to accept the small things he does. But I know it is not for me.

I'm someone he will leave once we defeat the rebel nobles.

"Confused about what?"

"Why you try to get close to me? I'm only here for so long. After this is all over, you'll be more powerful, not needing to look over your shoulder. And I'll just be an acquaintance that helped you. There is no need for nicknames because we will soon part ways." It hurts to know the truth.

Ever since he found out that I am also a victim to the Claudonias, he stayed closer to me. Making it harder to not fall for his handsome face and kindness.

"Where are you going? Even after we win, you'll still be queen." I'll be leaving you. You will soon realize that Dilana is your lover. The one that can save you and I will not be needed anymore.

He needs to love Dilana. It's the only way of unlocking that part of her gift.

He didn't show it, but I could feel his anger as he walked back. He was annoyed at me. Because I couldn't give him what he wanted.

Even if Kyrell did like me. That wouldn't be able to happen since Dilana needs to break his curse. However you think about it, I'm not needed in any scenario.

Caelus takes me into dance, no doubt annoying Kyrell further.

"What is going on between you and your king, Estella?" He asks, swinging me through.

"No Esty?" I say with my eyebrow raised.

"A certain someone banned me."

I let out a small smile. It's like he's jealous of Caelus.

"How did the meeting go?" I ask the question this time, not answering his.

"We formed an agreement, though I'm not sure how long it will last." Caelus mutters the words, keeping his eyes open around us.

"They will not stop." I talk about the nobles. "No one stops when they want more power."

"I know, which is why this makes things more difficult." He doesn't say anything for a few moments, thinking about something.

"What is it?" I question.

He leans in to whisper in my ear. "Let me kidnap you."

"What?!" I whisper yell back.

Pulling back he slowly explains. "We need to provoke them to act. What better way than to take you?"

I contemplate his idea. If he steals me away, that will surely cause the war to break out. The Istyrian nobles will try to prevent the war, others will question why they don't want to save their own queen. The Osetrian nobles will also not have enough magic stones to fully rebel, leaving them at a disadvantage. This will cause them to resort to smuggling magic stones across the borders.

A war starting now would leave them trapped which is why the war started a little later in the novel.

But kidnapping me? That would leave me unable to help Kyrell in Istyris.

Caelus watched my thinking expression before leaning in once more. "If you come with me, I'll tell you about your mother."

I trip as he whispers that, but he swiftly catches me.

"Let's take a break." He leads me away from the dancing circle.

He knows Estella's mother. Marquis Claudonia only told me so much about her. What if this gives me a clue. Maybe there is a chance for me to help Kyrell in Osertia.

"I'll do it." I finally say as we reach the side of the ball.

He smiles, nodding. "I'll tell you more later, but you should prepare. I'm not sure how he will take it."

"He will have no other choice but to agree." This is the perfect way of distracting myself from Kyrell. To be able to think without worrying about him.

"Estella, there you are." Dilana's voice interrupts us. "I wanted to say hello before someone steals you away again."

She then takes in Caelus, her eyes slightly narrowing. "Oh, I'm sorry, Your Majesty." She bows saying her greetings.

"It's alright. I find it interesting to see that at least Estella can make friends." Caelus says insulting Kyrell behind his back.

"Have you danced with anyone?" I ask, looking at her.

"No, I was too busy looking for you."

"You should dance with someone, let's go find someone." I say, linking my arm with hers.

"There's no need. I've danced multiple other times." She tries to refuse.

This could be an opportunity to get Kyrell to be with her.

"Estella." Caelus stops me from leaving. "You have things to do."

He steps in front of us. "Go handle them, I'll dance with the lady." He looks at me as he speaks.

He's right though. If this plan is to work I need to get ready.

"Very well, I'm sorry to leave you like this. We'll talk another time, Dilana."

"It's alright. Go do what you have to." She waves goodbye to me as I leave the two.

I headed towards our room. Since the ball took place in the Sun Palace I didn't have to go far.

When I reached the room, I packed whatever I thought could help me. I don't know how long I will be gone for so I need to prepare myself.

I took off my red ball gown and put on pants for the first time I've entered this world. I'm not sure how Caelus plans on escaping Istyris but I know I don't want to do it is a dress.

I pause as I'm about to exit the room.

I know that this is a kidnapping but is it wrong if I leave a note at least for Alastair. He'll be so worried once I leave.

Taking some parchment, I begin to write.

Dear Tair,
I'm sorry that I'm leaving you so suddenly. This is supposed to be a secret so don't tell anyone. As soon as you read this letter please burn it. Please don't worry about me. I'm going to be back but I need to take care of a few things. Be strong while I'm gone. Take good care of your father for me. If you need anything just ask Dilana, she'll always be happy to help. And just know that I love you. I'll find a way to remove your curse. All the pain that you feel now will disappear soon. I'm sorry, once again.
Your Mother

It's hard to leave him like this. So unaware of the situation. But this time away will help him learn to like Dilana. And Kyrell as well. They will finally have a life away from me.

In the end, I wrote a letter to Kyrell as well.

Dear Ky,
I know this is sudden but I need to do this. It's part of the contract so don't think much of it. Focus on the magic stone trade. I'm hoping that Caelus cleared it up with you. If all goes well, we'll see each other again as soon as the plan works. Though you may not know the reason behind my actions, I know that it is what is best for you. I am protecting my people while I am queen, preparing the way for the new one. May Lucia be with you and I'm sorry.
Esty

Maybe on paper, the nicknames don't seem as bad. This is the only chance I have of using them because the letter will be burnt.

All traces of our closeness will disappear, just as it should be.

I swiftly exited the room after that, heading towards Caelus' room.

"You arrived quicker than I thought." Caelus approaches me from down the hall.

"If this is to work, then we have to do it under the cover of darkness, no?"

"You're right. Come on." He leads me into his room, locking it.

"What about the other nobles? Wouldn't they disagree with you kidnapping me?" I ask, scanning the guest room.

"They don't have a choice. They don't see me as intelligent. Stealing another man's wife as a rivalry will appear normal for them. They might send you back, but I won't let them. It will be too late by then." He explains, taking out a box underneath the bed.

"It seems a bit rash." I add, before pointing out the box. "What is that?"

He opens it, revealing an orb. "It's a teleportation artifact. Thousands of magic stones were used to produce it. It's how I was able to enter Istyris without going through the barriers."

"And you're trusting me with this information?" I perk my eyebrow, gazing at the smoky orb.

"You have no reason to betray me. After all, you are following my plan." He shrugs.

His eyes then fall on me, or below me. "Before we go, I need you to remove your necklace."

"My necklace?" I lift the gift Kyrell gave to me.

"I can't have Kyrell tracking us with it." He explains.

My eyes go wide. Tracking. Tracking me.

"It tracks me?" I ask verbally.

"Yes, I believe Kyrell connected it to his gift because he can sense where your location is."

He put a tracker on me. I mean he was wary of me, but I never went anywhere. Is this how he always manages to find me?

I furrow my brows, removing the necklace. I knew he was watching me. But in this way? It seems kind of private.

I place the necklace on the edge of Caelus' nightstand.

He then waves his hand over the orb.

The mist clears up, displaying a room. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, kidnap me." I take his hand.

In a flash of a second we were in the room that was displayed in the orb.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 1.9K 24
After I died in the modern world I was born in a magical realm with scheming nobles, magical creatures, and a magic academy straight out of hogwarts...
4.8K 176 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
321K 12.3K 50
After being reincarnated into a world of otome game as a villainess character, I fell in the routine situation of death flags+broke engagement. The p...
2.9K 54 16
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...