Ayano Aishi, the Emotionless...

By BelleAmant

STATUS: COMPLETE Ayano Aishi is new to Akademi High, and while this should be exciting, she can't exactly fee... More

Week Zero, Thursday
Week Zero, Friday
Week One, Monday
Week One, Tuesday
Week One, Wednesday
Week One, Thursday
Week One, Friday
Week One, Saturday
Week Two, Monday
Week Two, Tuesday
Week Two, Wednesday
Week Two, Thursday
Week Two, Friday
Week Two, Saturday
Week Three, Sunday
Week Three, Monday
Week Three, Tuesday
Week Three, Wednesday
Week Three, Thursday
Week Three, Friday
Week Three, Saturday
Not a chapter
Week Four, Sunday
Week Four, Monday
Week Four, Tuesday
Week Four, Wednesday
Week Four, Thursday
Week Four, Friday
Week Four, Saturday
Week Five, Monday
Week Five, Tuesday
Week Five, Wednesday
Week Five, Thursday
Week Five, Friday
Week Five, Saturday
Week Six, Sunday
Week Six, Monday
Week Six, Tuesday
Week Six, Wednesday
Through His Eyes
Week Six, Thursday
Week Six, Friday
Week Six, Saturday
Week Seven, Monday
Week Seven, Tuesday
Special Chapter
Week Seven, Wednesday
Week Seven, Thursday
Week Seven, Friday
Week Seven, Saturday
Week Eight, Sunday
Week Eight, Monday
Special Chapter Again :3
Week Eight, Tuesday
Week Eight, Wednesday
Week Eight, Thursday
Week Eight, Friday
Week Eight, Saturday
Week Nine, Sunday
Week Nine, Monday
Week Nine, Wednesday
Week Nine, Thursday
Week Nine, Friday
Week Ten, Monday
Week Ten, Tuesday
Week Ten, Wednesday
Week Ten, Thursday
Week Ten, Friday
Week Ten, Saturday
Week Eleven, Monday
Week Eleven, Tuesday
Week Eleven, Wednesday
Week Eleven, Thursday
Week Eleven, Friday
The Extra Chapter

Week Nine, Tuesday

147 11 0
By BelleAmant

Week Nine, Tuesday

    The day starts with Ayano’s phone buzzing. Ayano ignores her phone, instead focusing on dragging herself out of bed and getting ready for the day. She fumbles with her bow, accidentally tying it over her choker, and has to take an extra minute to fix it so they don’t overlap. Ayano grabs a slice of bread, her bag, and whatever else she needs before exiting her house.

    Like yesterday, Taro and Hanakō are waiting with the usual five boys. Unlike yesterday, Uekiya isn’t there.

    All Ayano has to do is raise an eyebrow at Taro, and he immediately explains. “She’s sick again, because she felt the need to help her sick parents get better.” He sighs. “She’s always looking out for others.”

    Osano snorts. “Taro, this is why we all knew already.”

    Taro blushes. “I don’t know what you’re talking abo-”

    “We all knew, Taro,” Oko interrupts, then freezes. “Sorry.”

    Taro sighs. “Right, right. Alright, so how do I do this?” He looks at Ayano.

    “Oh, we’re doing this now?” Ayano responds, and Taro nods. Beside him, Hanakō pulls out a notebook and a pencil.

    “Sweet, I finally get to see her doing this,” Aso mutters, and the boys laugh.

    “Alright, it’s not really that interesting, guys,” Ayano says with a sigh. Then she looks to Taro. “Listen, it’s really simple. First of all, you need to get to know her. You should know at least the basic likes and dislikes. I have no doubt that you’re fine with this, after all of the weeks you’ve spent in her club. Next, you need to compliment her. Girls, scratch that, everyone likes being complimented. They like to know that other people see them in a good light. Don’t just compliment her looks, though. A few appearance based compliments are fine, but overdoing it will make you seem shallow.”

    “So, how do I know when to stop?” Taro asks, eyes wide. “How many compliments should I be giving her in a day?”

    Ayano rolls her eyes. “Don’t force it, Taro. If you think she’s pretty, admit it. If a compliment isn’t naturally coming to your head, don’t try to make one up. Genuine compliments are the best.”

    Taro nods, slowly calming back down. “Okay, so hobbies and compliments. What else?”

    “Well, knowing that she likes you back would be helpful. I think it’s safe to say that she probably likes you, too. So the last thing is just getting the courage to ask her out.”

    “That’s it?” Taro asks, bewildered.

    “Yeah. Flirt with her a bit, and, you know, actually being her friend helps. It’s not that difficult. It’s the courage that most people lack.” Ayano shrugs. “You could probably find this online, honestly.”

    Taro blushes at that. “You’re serious? It’s that easy?”

    Ayano shrugs. “Yeah. I tried to tell you guys, I’m not some Cupid or anything. I’m just laying out facts here.”

    At this, Aso pipes up. “Doesn’t that mean you’re even better at being a matchmaker, if you’re able to make it seem so simple?”

    Ayano sighs. She can’t win, can she?

    Hanakō smiles, putting away his notebook. “Well, I’m glad you’re so willing to help everyone, Senpai! You’re so sweet.”

    Ayano feels warm, but she just shrugs again and changes the subject, asking Aso about his club. He takes the bait, and excitedly tells her about some of the training they do, and when their next competition is. It’s another swim meet, and it’s in a few weeks. Ayano promises that she’ll try to come, making Aso launch into a hug, nearly knocking her over. Ayano, of course, doesn’t mind.

    When the group gets to school, Ayano heads straight for the incinerator. Osorō is already waiting, and slips an arm around her shoulders seamlessly. The two walk to the confession tree, and Ayano takes the time to check her phone. The notifications were simply Riku and Uekiya being added to the Ayano Protection Squad.

    Ayano still wants to change that name.

    She still doesn’t, knowing the rest of the chat would just change it back.

    When they get to the tree, Osorō just drops to the ground, not bothering to sit down like a normal person.

    “Are you okay?” Ayano asks when Osorō doesn’t move.

    “Sitting is for wimps,” Osorō responds, shrugging, still face down in the grass.

    Ayano just blinks at that, and after a moment Osorō rolls over.

    “You know,” Osorō starts, and Ayano sits down. “I’m probably going to end up in jail eventually.”

    “Osorō, did you do something?” Ayano looks at him, concerned. 

    “I’m gonna call myself mitochondria,” he continues, ignoring Ayano.

    “Did you sleep last night?” Ayano asks next, her worry slipping away.

    “And I’ll be the powerhouse-”

    “Don’t say it.”

    “Of the cell.”

    Ayano groans, leaning against the tree. “Osorō, if that is the only thing you’ve picked up from our science sessions I am resigning and having Kuroko teach you.”

    Osorō immediately props himself up, leaning on his elbows and glaring at Ayano. “You wouldn’t dare.”

    Ayano raises an eyebrow and opens up her phone, going to the Student Council group chat. “Would you like to make a bet, Osorō?”

    Osorō locks eyes with her, and immediately grabs his bag, rummaging through it until he pulls out a paper. It’s a science test that he aced. “There, happy?”

    Ayano giggles, turning her phone off again. “Yes. So, do you think you need more lessons on science, or do you want to move on?”

    Osorō shoves the paper back into his bag. “Let’s move on, I’m sick of science.” He pulls out the current story their grade is reading in their language class. “What even is the point of this story?”

    The rest of their time is spent going over the symbolism of the novel and reviewing the plot as they do so. When the bell rings, Osorō sits up, chucking his book bag in his bag.

    “Wimp,” Ayano mutters.

    Osorō freezes, looking at her before realizing that he’s sitting. “Oh, shit .” In the blink of an eye, he’s jumping off of the ground, standing up. “Not today.”

    Getting up normally, Ayano asks, “How are you going to get through morning classes without sitting, then?”

    Osorō looks at her with the most deadpan expression she’s ever seen. “I’ll get myself kicked out of classes.”

    Ayano glares back at him. “Bad grades are for wimps, too, Osorō.”

    Osorō huffs. “Whatever. Let’s get to class.”

    They walk together in silence, and Ayano enjoys the slight breeze. They step into the school, and the breeze and silence is replaced by the rush of people going by and endless noise. It’s not peaceful, but it’s comforting in its own way. Ayano sees Inkyu and Sakyu walking down from the roof, and they both eye her when they spot Osorō by her side, but the Basu sisters smile at Ayano nonetheless.

    Ayano waves goodbye to Osorō when they reach her class, and she watches him as he goes into his own classroom before she takes her seat.

    Class time goes by fairly quickly, and soon enough Ayano is sitting on the rooftop with her friends. Well, all but Musume, Osorō, and Uekiya. Musume doesn’t show up until halfway through lunch, but when she does, she’s glowing with happiness.

    Hanakō looks at Musume when she arrives, eyes wide with curiosity. He shifts closer to Ayano, clinging to her arm. “Hi? Who are you?”

    Musume’s grin shrinks back into a small smile, flustered by the new addition. “I’m Musume. Who are you?” 

    Hanakō smiles back. “I’m Hanakō, I just transferred here this week! It’s nice to meet you!”

    “You too.” She frowns. “Did I miss meeting you yesterday? I’m sorry.”

    “You’re fine, Musume,” Ayano says calmly. “You didn’t know he’d be here. How do you like your new club?”

      Musume’s smile grows again. “I really like it. I was a bit nervous practicing the songs, but Miyuji was really nice. She even closed off practice for the first half to let me get used to singing without a crowd already there. When she did open the doors, a few people came to watch. They said I was good!” Musume blushes. “Gema came, too.”

    “Gema?” Hanakō asks, looking to Ayano for an answer.

    “He’s the club leader for the Game Club. He usually doesn’t leave his club during club time, though.” Ayano smiles at Musume. “You must be really good, if you can get him out of there.”

    Musume’s blush deepens. “Thank you, Ayano.”

    The rest of lunch passes smoothly, although Ayano never gets her arm back for the remaining time. She doesn’t mind, and lets the year one boy cling to her. She feels warm when she heads back to class. 

    From there, the rest of the day goes by normally. Ayano slips through her afternoon classes, drama rehearsal goes by smoothly, and the walk home is wonderful.

    Ayano doesn’t know if her days can get any better than this.

    More dust falls.

Notes:

<3

1501 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 346 15
The Aishi family was quite the group of people to fear. Their famous lineage of all daughters rose suspicion, what were the odds of a single generati...
47.7K 1K 13
"Me fall in love with you!? Tch.. you know, maybe I actually do" •~• Y/n a new student in Akademi High who is quite interesting.. had caught the atte...
151K 3.9K 37
𝙸. ↳𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 you move back to tokyo. after being years away, you finally get to see your two best friends and live a happy and normal life as a t...
714K 12.1K 37
Have you ever liked the Male rivals and wanted them to be your boyfriend? Well you're in luck! This book has just that. (i I can't say that cause me...