𝙀𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙇. ➥ ᵐᵐᵃᵐ

By lustylcve

──── ❛𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗘. 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗢𝗡 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗔... More

𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗧: introduction
𝟭𝟰𝟯: characters
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘: prologue
𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘: chapter one
𝗞𝗘𝗣𝗧 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗦: chapter two
𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗨𝗘𝗦: chapter three
𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗚: chapter four
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗢𝗠: chapter five
𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗖𝗧: chapter six
𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗦 𝗧𝗢𝗨𝗖𝗛: chapter seven
𝗝𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗦, 𝗝𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗦, 𝗝𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗦, 𝗕𝗢𝗬: chapter eight
𝗖𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗥: chapter nine
𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗪𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗥: chapter ten
𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗢𝗙 𝗠𝗬 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟: chapter twelve
𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬 𝗕𝗢𝗬: dot barrett

𝗦𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗠: chapter eleven

226 14 9
By lustylcve

"i never would've thought
you'd be so sadistic, (y/n),"

"don't blame me, rayne finally
allowed me to tag along"

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏𝟎
𝟐𝟖𝟔𝟒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓

a/n — haters say i made you fall asleep to skip all the fighting scenes. (i skipped two episodes..) 🙄🙄 ps sorry for all the spaces i'm realizing how much i overuse it. but i like them. but i GUESS ill still apologize.

A FAMILIAR THIRD YEAR STUDENT WALKED THE HALLS, a letter in his hand as he walked towards his destination. although, before he could reveal the secret of the basement, he sighed as he seen a familiar petite woman resting right on the floor.

"(y/n)?" the young man raised a brow, looking around, and nobody else was around he grumbled something under his breath. bending down to feel your pulse, and make sure you were alive- which you were.

shoving the paper into his robe, he picked you up, throwing you over his shoulder. having no issue with carrying you at all. as he made sure it was comfortable for the both of you, he pointed his wand down.

"disclose." his voice echoed in the silent hallways as the same U shaped door revealed itself, and started to open. "that old geezer sure likes to boss people around,"

during your descent with the other double liner, you started to shift. making the young man who held you raise a brow, but kept walking.

"..w-whoever is holding me- you better let go.." your voice was low, and soft. yet still full of sleep, making rayne roll his eyes.

"are you an idiot or plain stupid?" the familiar voice made you wake up seemingly faster. your eyes were wide as you seemed to hang by his back, while your pelvis and below rested on his shoulder. "why were you sleeping in the hallway?"

"i.. don't know.." you answer, trying to shift out of his grasp as it was starting to get embarrassing. his hand wasn't exactly in a place it didn't belong, but rather the small of your back. "you know you can put me down, rayne."

"just shut up and go back to sleep," hearing the annoyance in his voice, you wanted to give up. so you just sighed. although, it wasn't as comfortable as it was earlier. "stop whining,"

rayne lowered you to the ground, making your legs slightly sway. walking before you, he knelt down, waiting for you to get on. "you can't be serious.."

"hurry up before i leave you," he threatened which made you hurry up get onto his back. and you wouldn't like to admit, it was comfortable. it felt all too right for any of it to be wrong.

his hands rested snugly on your thighs, your arms wrapped around his neck, tight enough for you to feel safe, but not choke him. resting your forehead on his shoulder, you could only smell him.

it was a mix of vanilla and pine. it was weirdly relaxing, and you seemed to knock right out again. enjoying the body heat you could feel despite him wearing a thick robe.

"you're such an idiot," he whispered, moving you up and wrapping your thighs around his waist- even he didn't want admit how it seemed to fit so perfectly.

as he walked, his hands seemed to have a mind of its own, massaging the muscle as he could feel the tension.

'why is this idiot so tired..' thinking in his own head, he didn't dare to utter a word. whether it be because he doesn't want to speak, or disrupt your peaceful slumber.

another stop in the trip, and you finally awoke. blinking awake, rayne seemed to have noticed. "you're finally awake,"

"you offered me to sleep," you grumble, a tone of passive aggressiveness in your tone, before huffing. "although, i am thankful.. you can put me down so you can take a break,"

"are you doubting my strength?" rayne raised a brow, but still put you down since you were awake now. his words only made you giggle at how.. odd he was.

"you know very well what i meant," you hummed, noticing a brighter light at the end of the tunnel. "anyway, may i wonder what you're doing here?"

"the headmaster sent me, he told me to investigate the basement," digging in his pockets for a few seconds, he passed you a slightly crumpled paper. but it was indeed what he said.

"i see," as you two neared the light, you could hear the distinct sound of fighting. it didn't take long to be close enough to see what was going on. rayne grumbling something under his breath, he sent a partisan that way.

the sheer speed and force it was going at made a  distinguishable sound. before it ran into one of the students- his robe. he was apart of the lang, and probably apart of the magia lupus.

as the two of you walked up, you frowned at the sad sight. the student on the floor, he looked terrified. "take it easy, rayne! we were just messing around is all,"

both you and rayne stood before dot and finn. though, hearing a familiar voice, you turned around to notice your two friends. "finn? dot?"

the two nodded and you softly sighed at the sight, dot was beat up. and he looked better with his hair down, softly smiling. you dug into your pockets are you pulled out another vial.

"i updated it, it should have a sweeter taste rather than bitter, or nothing. and it's been adapted to heal your wounds, albeit slowly," offering the small glass, he took it without a second glance.

turning around to stare at the student, he looked messed up. "c-come on now, you know the deal. if you don't duel, you don't get any coins, right?!"

watching a stone head come out of the ground, you wonder if you should warn rayne or not. but you opt against it, he could take care of himself. and that, he did.

one of his partisans easily cutting through the middle of the head. catching the fourth fang off guard.

"don't waste my time you piece of trash," rayne pulled his wand out, pointing it towards the magia lupus. "you're mine now,"

the area seemed to sparkle with how many partisans rayne spawned. all of them directed towards milo who stayed on the floor.

it didn't take long before rayne finally allowed them to fall and hit their target. the sight making you cringe. that must've hurt.. right?

as the smoke started to clear, it revealed milo on the floor, only a few partisans actually made contact with him and kept him down.

both you and rayne stepped up, your eyes narrowing at his words. "no wait! i-i was just following orders! i-i im sorry- i swear they forced me to do this,"

"did they?" rayne glared down at the student, before glancing at you. meeting his eyes your brows furrowed before shrugging. and at the cue, his leg kicked milo, the sight making you try to asses the damage.

"i'm sure if this is a big misunderstanding, youd sound a lot more sorry, wouldn't you?" you knelt down, ignoring how rayne frowned. why were you babying a random person- who was technically an enemy. "now i may not be as scary as rayne over here, but i suggest you to choose wisely between us,"

standing up, and unsheathing your katana you waited for his answer. despite you being the obvious answer- or well, he didn't reply as rayne started to stomp on his back, a cracking sound filling the tense air.

"..i'm sure we don't have to go that far," you glance down at the boy.

"but this piece of trash needs to get it into his head that actions mean a lot more than words in this world. he can talk all he want and it'll just be words." you softly sighed, maybe rayne was a sadist.

"and i especially don't trust what scum like you have to say," kicking him over, he started to stomp on his stomach. "in my experience, i find it more effective to teach your kind with pain. and after i get done teaching you, i promise you won't make the same mistakes again,"

"i suggest you two to start going, rayne has a short temper when it comes to anyone, especially me," you smile, as you wave towards your two friends. "i'll meet you two later,"

"are you sure, (y/n)?" dot frowned, as he started to wipe the blood off of his face, and you only nodded.

"yes, she's sure, the shrimp, and i, and (y/n) are doing something, so get out of here," waving goodbye to your friends, and turning back to rayne who allowed you to have some fun.

"last chance, you'll talk and tell us everything you know, or he keeps stomping on you until something actually breaks." you smile, squatting down to face him, as your hands seem to let his head.

you actually lock your hand through his hair, lifting his face up to look you in the eye. "so, who is it going to be? the divine visionary or me?"

"y-you!" dropping his head, and pointing your katana at him, you smiled.

"i appreciate you including me in this, rayne," the duo haired man only rolled his eyes, slightly amused at your own.. torture methods.

swishing your katana against the air, getting off any extra blood. you two walked in sync, enjoying the silence and pattern that fell upon the both of you.

"so, did the information help?" you raise a brow, sheathing your katana once more, awaiting the reply of your older friend.

"..it doesn't matter, i assume they must've done cloaking magic, we'll find them soon enough," you only hummed, listening to his words.

although, you only gasped as you felt someone grab you, and your eyes could only be wide as you seemed to be twenty feet behind. "(y/n)-?"

turning around, rayne met the sight of you being held by the mushroom haired boy, making you softly laugh. "who's that, (y/n)?"

letting you go, you softly smiled at his inquiry. "one of my friends, he brought me down here,"

at the sight, rayne felt his eyes narrow. unsure if it was because this boy who had a strong aura around him, or the fact he just grabbed you out of nowhere.

"i'm short on time, this investigation shouldn't take too long though," pulling out his wand, you innocently moved to the side to not get dragged into the crossfire.

you didn't possess inhuman strength, or unlimited amount of partisans. leaning against the wall, you seen the familiar spider tool. the arachnabus.

"this creature will evaluate the true level of your magical powers. and once i find out that out, ill know if you're really a student here or now," only making mash lower his creampuff in confusion.

"these eight legs of mine have calculated the power of thousands of magic users. if you're a user of regular magic, master rayne will let you scuttle on by."

mash tried to look at you for help, frowning. yet that seemed to only catch the attention of the double haired boy.

"wait what-" being cut off, and a partisan being quickly sent towards mash's head. the sight making your brows rise.

the clicking sound filled the air as the arachnabus tried to calculate a number. just as the partisan dropped, the loud sound echoing.

'he stopped it with just his fingers? maybe i should start pumping iron,' the thought made you consider it, before deciding to leave that to mash.

"hey what are you throwing knives around for, someone could get cut. or it could've hurt, (y/n)." mash used the strength of his fingers to throw it up, hitting the ceiling. "you're giving me stranger danger vibes,"

"ignore (y/n), none of my partisans will hit her," raynes brows furrowed. mash did realize rayne wouldn't purposely hurt you, right?

glancing at rayne, who just shrugged, and then to the arachnabus. it looked broken.. it didn't take long before all zeros were present in its four eyes.

"i-it can't be zero! either i miscalculated or it's a bug in the system!" rayne looked to the right, clearly unsure why it couldn't get a reading.

but you knew. it was because he didn't have magic. as simple as that. "let's up the ante, three percent partisan,"

as they all aimed for mash, your eyes thinned. but once the smoke cleared, he made a chair. "oh my, how creative, mash!"

ignoring the glare you received from rayne, you smiled at mash. "you're kidding!" the spider tool became limp.

"one more test and then we're done, ten percent partisan,"
"huh?" your eyes slightly widened upon seeing him send that many partisans towards mash. yet, when you turned your attention to look at the young man, he was doing practice swings.

as mash got ready, he went into a bunting stance. as the first partisan hit the other, his speed increased. the sight making you amused.

"that was dangerous," mash spoke. you watched the arachnabus go up, you took this as a sign rayne was done. standing besides rayne, he noticed you come to his side first.

"hm, alright. how about you tell me your name."
"my name is mash burnedead." noticing the dazed look in raynes eyes, you could tell he wasn't fully focused on the matter.

"so you're him, the unique one.."
"huh?"

"i didn't know who you were. please accept my apology for being rude," glancing down at rayne, fro once being taller than him. he apologized. glancing at mash, he just deadpanned.

"i won't," he replies, making the divine visionaries brows furrow. and you softly smile.

"mm.. understandable, but here. take it. it's a magic handkerchief," raising his hands, you glance down at the handkerchief. the pattern making your smile grow.

"ah, i forgot how much of a rabbit fan you were, master rayne," ignoring the twitch in his brows, you looked towards mash. "i advise you to take it, before he takes it back and says never mind,"

at your words, mash took it. inspecting it closer as he had the chance. but he just seemed to add fuel to the fire. "uhm..you're into rabbits? seriously.."

the third year only glared down at mash, giving him a warning. although, mash seemed a bit clueless till you butted in. "just say thank you mash,"

"oh.. thank you," he looked sad.. and it made you crack a pretty smile. taking this as the end of the conversation, rayne turned away getting ready to start walking.

"i'll catch up with you in a second, mash. i need to talk to rayne for a second,"
"then i can just wait for you-"

"no, it's alright, i'll catch up," mash nodded, although narrowed his eyes at rayne before starting to walk away. leaving you and the third year alone.

"what did you need to talk about?" rayne grumbled, making you only laugh. his straightforwardness was almost endearing.

"mash isn't able to use magic, so i've been tasked to protect him," you paused, making rayne unsure of what you were trying to get at. he already knew that. the old man made sure to fill him in. "but, i'm not fully confident in my skills, so i ask of you to help him. at least while im not here, i have to go to my parents house-"

"your mother isn't still abusing you, is she?" your brows furrow, uncomfortable with the topic. but the ames siblings knew your past better than anyone. 

"no, she toned it down as i'm growing older, but that's besides the point," you said. "so can you look after mash while i'm gone?"

as rayne said no, you softly smiled. reaching for his hand and shaking it. "thank you, rayne. i appreciate it. but i'll make sure to talk to you the next time i see you,"

you let go of his hand, and started walking in the same direction as mash. leaving a small box in raynes palm.

raising a brow, he looked at the small jewelry box. opting to open it later. tucking it into his pocket, he also left the area.

as both you and mash walked besides each other. you could tell there was something he wanted to ask. it was on the tip of his tongue, yet he remained silent.

"i think this is the place?" you refer to the large, ebony door. small details carved into it. mash nodded at your words, gently placing his hand onto it. "it's a push, there aren't handles,"

nodding his head, he instead punched the door. making you sigh. the sight showed another third year, hair that also ends with purple.

"do you have a problem? must you always ruin doors when entering?"
"i didn't mean to bust this one down, i was just knocking," although, the clench in his hand seemed to tell a different story. at least this would be entertaining.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 175 8
When a fragile, skillful magic user girl and a strong, emotionless non-magic user boy met. What could possibly go wrong? Spoiler alert, nothing goes...
90.9K 3.8K 27
𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦.
193 8 5
You were a child when you first saw her; that woman. You didn't know that you would see her again, and again... you didn't know who she was; what she...
11.8K 202 7
(Y/N) had lost the loves of her life to the same person. She wasn't mad, she was just disappointed in herself. Why couldn't she be like her...?