𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐋𝐔𝐕 ? Jackson...

By tatumrileyswife

━━ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐋𝐔𝐕? πŸ©ΊπŸ«€πŸ’‹ ❝ what's love? it should be about us, be about trust ❞ ... More

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐋𝐔𝐕 ?
π˜π˜π˜šπ˜œπ˜ˆπ˜“π˜š
act one.
βΈ» one.
βΈ» two.
βΈ» three.
βΈ» four.
βΈ» five.
βΈ» six.
βΈ» seven.
βΈ» eight.
βΈ» nine.
βΈ» ten.
βΈ» eleven.
act two.
βΈ» twelve.
βΈ» thirteen.
βΈ» fourteen.
βΈ» fifteen.
βΈ» sixteen.
βΈ» eighteen.
βΈ» nineteen.
βΈ» twenty.
βΈ» twenty one.
βΈ» twenty two.
βΈ» twenty three.
βΈ» twenty four.

βΈ» seventeen.

1.4K 48 3
By tatumrileyswife

season 7, episode 11 - disarm

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

   SAGE'S ARMS WERE wrapped around Lexie's waist as she sobbed, a tissue pressed against her face. Mark had his arm around her shoulders as the trio, along with a group of other doctors, nurses, and hospital staff watched the TV.

"Hey, what's..." Jackson entered the room and started to ask what was going on, but trailed off when he saw the news report on the screen. "Oh my God."

Lexie let out another sob and Sage tightened her hold on her, tears welling in her own eyes. When Mark gave Jackson a look, he stepped forward and took Sage's hand in his and pulled her away from Lexie, wrapping his arms around her. He moved them so they were standing on the stairs, right behind Mark and Lexie.

Owen and Teddy entered the room a few moments later, and both seemed confused as to why such a large group of people were gathered there.

"Hey, what's going on?" Owen asked, turning to the Chief and then Bailey. Neither of them responded, keeping their focus on the TV.

"A major Seattle-area shooting ... We have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty."

"Bailey?" Owen asked and turned her head to glance back at him. "Bailey, fill us in."

"Again, that's at Pacific College. We now take you live to our on-scene reporter. " Bailey opened her mouth to say something, but she couldn't find the words. "Students and faculty are still in the building. I'm trying to get some answers, but what we know so far is that a gunman opened fire at Pacific College and that there are at least a dozen..."

Sage let out a quiet sob as the tears rolled down her cheeks. She was never really one to cry, but this was different. The shooting at the hospital had happened less than a year ago, and even the thought of another shooting so close to them made her heart hurt.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

   "THERE ARE FIFTEEN AMBULANCES ON THE WAY," Owen told the group of doctors that were standing in the ambulance bay, all of them clad in bright yellow trauma gowns. "Maybe more to come. First one is three minutes out."

Sage fidgeted with the blue gloves on her hands, her gaze trained on the ground. She was still shaken, and that was clear despite her best efforts to hide it.

People ...people... our own trauma is fresh, and we are going to have feelings today, and there is no shame in that," Chief Webber began. "What I want to say is, what we went through six months ago, they are going through right now, which makes them our brothers and sisters... which makes them fellow travelers, which makes them our own. So to the very best of our ability, we are gonna do our work first. And you're gonna have your feelings later."

Lexie was still sniffling, wiping the tears from her face every few seconds.

"Grey." Owen turned to look at Lexie.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she insisted, though her voice and tear stained face betrayed her.

"Go to the pit, make sure we're stocked," Mark instructed, also turning to look at her. "Call the blood bank—"

"I'm fine." Lexie cut him off, her tone more insistent this time.

"Call the blood blank and tell them to give us all the O-neg they have," Mark continued, ignoring her. Lexie gave up, sniffled, and went back inside.

Jackson reached forward and took Sage's hand in his, squeezing it slightly. He wasn't sure if he was trying to comfort her or himself, but the two stood there, gripping each other's hands as the ambulances began pulling in.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

   AFTER SPENDING ALL running around, taking care of patients, trying to manage the E.R. (with help from Owen), and surgery, the day was finally over. After another speech from the Chief, Sage hadn't even bothered to talk to anyone before running down to the hall in the basement to lay on the beds they'd sat on since they were interns.

She laid there, staring up at the ceiling, a faraway look in her eyes. Her scrubs top was discarded on the floor, leaving her just in the scrub pants and a white tank top. She was exhausted, both mentally and physically.

It wasn't until the bed she was currently occupying dipped beside her that she was ripped away from her thoughts. She glanced over and was surprised to see a disheveled Jackson lying next to her.

"Thought I might find you here," he muttered, staring at the ceiling like she was.

She shifted onto her side so she was facing him, her head propped up on her elbow. She placed her other hand on his chest, absentmindedly playing with the hem of his scrub top.

"How are you feeling?" she asked quietly.

"Tired," he admitted, shifting slightly so he was looking at her. "How about you?"

She shrugged, "Same."

He sighed and reached up, placing his hand on her cheek. He stroked her soft skin with his thumb as her eyes fluttered shut.

"You know," he whispered, "if you ever want to talk about it, you can." She just shrugged again.

"I know," she mumbled. "But I don't."

He was quiet for a moment, before speaking up. "You seemed kinda shaken up today... Are you sure—"

"Jackson, please," she cut him off. She opened her eyes, brown meeting green. "Don't. I'm tired, ok?"

He nodded and sat up, leaning his back against the wall. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her up with him. She sat between his legs and leaned back against him. She closed her eyes again, humming quietly as he kissed the top of her head.

"When do you go home?" he asked her.

"In a few," she replied, her eyes still closed. "I just want to rest for a minute."

He nodded and rubbed her shoulder with his hand, resting his chin on top of her head. The two sat there, both not speaking. They stayed like that, just sitting, enjoying the silence after a long day, until Jackson heard snoring. He looked down and found Sage asleep, her mouth open slightly and her head rested on his shoulder. He chuckled quietly, pressed a kiss to the top of her head, and leaned back again, staring up at the ceiling.

notes from lottie,

this shit was shorter than owen hunt's dick-

anyways i hate this and i'm so sorry this is so uneventful but i'm trying to get myself motivated to write this again so this'll just have to do for now

anywaysss, hope u enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 5/11/24

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633K 21.7K 60
in which marnie walker and alex karev could not be more different. Β© florrysgf, 2023 alex karev x fem!oc grey's anatomy s1 - s9
47.1K 2.2K 16
I'm fine now, it doesn't matter. GREY'S ANATOMY / S1-S10 Β© PINKFELINECLUB, 2024
67K 1.9K 33
"If you say so, Pretty Boy." Violet turned to walk away. "You think I'm pretty?" With the Mercy West merger, the world is turned on its head for the...
1.6M 41.7K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...