𝙀𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙇. ➥ ᵐᵐᵃᵐ

By lustylcve

──── ❛𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗘. 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗢𝗡 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗔... More

𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗧: introduction
𝟭𝟰𝟯: characters
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘: prologue
𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘: chapter one
𝗞𝗘𝗣𝗧 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗦: chapter two
𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗨𝗘𝗦: chapter three
𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗚: chapter four
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗢𝗠: chapter five
𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗖𝗧: chapter six
𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗦 𝗧𝗢𝗨𝗖𝗛: chapter seven
𝗖𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗥: chapter nine
𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗪𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗥: chapter ten
𝗦𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗠: chapter eleven
𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗢𝗙 𝗠𝗬 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟: chapter twelve
𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬 𝗕𝗢𝗬: dot barrett

𝗝𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗦, 𝗝𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗦, 𝗝𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗦, 𝗕𝗢𝗬: chapter eight

405 19 10
By lustylcve

"'cause i'm a jealous, jealous,
jealous boy."

"if i can't have you, baby,
if i can't have you, baby."

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟕
𝟐𝟐𝟓𝟒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓

LANCES GAZE SEEMED TO HARDEN IN THE SILENCE. yet you were still unaware of what you did this time. shouldn't you guys have been back to being buddy, buddy with each other?

you could never catch a break when it came to lance crown. he was always upset or annoyed at one thing or the other.

"you seem to love pissing me off, don't you?" he scoffed, crossing his arms across his chest as his lips tightened into a line. even now, you're still oblivious to the dilemma the crown child faces.

"lance, you know my abilities don't allow me to read minds, so tell me what's troubling you," your smile started to strain with how irritable you were starting to feel. but, the sky haired man just purses his lips.

"you realize we are betrothed to each other, and yet you still play with those other idiots feelings," he voiced his concerns, his thoughts, his feelings.

"play? betrothed? i'm confused," you paused, trying to follow his thinking. "i've not played with anyone's feelings-"

"mash? dot? hell, i'm sure finn probably has it out for you too," lance scoffed, his eyes narrowing. were you acting innocent or truly oblivious to the effect you had on them.

"i've done more than just care for them, like a friend should,"
"care for them? they're old enough to do that themself."

"can i not care for friends?" the quietness the night brought was almost scary, yet, the two of you couldn't care less. "betrothed? it's not even certain, lance,"

"you borderline date them, with how affectionate you are with them," the young man who stood opposite of you dropped his gaze, before brushing a hand through his light blue locks. "and yet you allowed it to get in the way of us."

"i.." trailing off, you realized he had you there. if it wasn't even guaranteed, why did you allow it to get in the way of you two? "..alright, then tell me how i borderline date them,"

"so you act as if telling another boy to come to your dorm whenever isn't weird? okay, how about your excessive worrying over mash. you said it yourself, he can handle himself, yet you still interfere with his life," two stubborn nobles that were taught to not lower yourself in front of someone else.

"interfere? that's bullcrap. you should know that better than anyone else. and inviting dot? i'm allowed to be concerned, he took a beating," you argued, trying to show your perspective on the matter, but he just brushed you off.

"so you wouldn't think if i invited a girl to my dorm, that it would be weird?"
"i wouldn't care- we're not actually married,"

"yet," lance sighs, dropping his hands to his side. this conversation seemed to get nowhere, but everywhere at the same time. "you act as if we're never going to get married, we both know it's inevitable."

".." biting the inside of your cheek, your brows furrow. "so what if it's investable, i will do everything in my power to prevent it."

"why? is it because you're not attracted to me?" lance rose a brow, taking a step forward, which you matched taking a step backwards. "is it because you like someone else?"

you felt helpless in the scenario, especially as your back ran into the wall. putting his hands on both sides of your head, he glared at you. "tell me what it is, i'm old enough to take it,"

"i-" you couldn't even reply, you weren't even sure how to reply. it's not you didn't find him attractive, as even you knew yourself, he was conventionally attractive. "i don't see the importance on the matter,"

"that's bullshit, (y/n). i'm being serious, just tell me what's wrong," you hated the shake in his voice. you both hated the fact that both of you could hear the undertone of desperation.

"what are you doing, lance?" a voice called out, a familiar nonchalant voice. how.. amusing. looking to his right, he saw mash looking at the both of you concerned.

"mash? what are you doing here," you slid out of lances grasp, making him laugh.
"just tell me you like him, you clearly seem more interested in him than me,"

lances tone was bitter, and he was clearly upset for numerous reasons. he lost the fight between him and mash. he lost you prioritizing him. he lost you to mash.

"lance, we'll talk about it later," you firmly spoke, glancing at him, before walking to mash. "did something happen-?"

"(y/n). i'm not stupid, what's going on between you and lance?" mash frowned, unsure how to proceed into this conversation. and for a second you were lost, you lost the words that rested on your tongue, you lost it all.

"what does it concern you?" lance grumble, making you softly sigh. brushing hand through your two toned hair, you weren't sure how you ended up in the predicament.

"i'd appreciate it if we refrained from fighting, hm?" you blinked, oblivious to what you did to them. your gaze held so much words than you were willing to speak. looking at them through your lashes drove them mad, despite how unaffected they look.

"whatever, i'm going to bed," lance was the first to walk away, but he still took a second glance at the two of you. he could see the twitch in mash's hand, the way his fingers wanted to rest on the small of your back, but was caught in the act by none other than lance.

"we'll talk tomorrow," you sighed, although you saw the reluctant nod. making your dampened mood slightly regain it's bubbly aura.

"are you going to pretend i'm not here?" mash murmured, glancing at the back of lance, and the your side profile.

"no, i'm not. let's get you to bed, also, can you do me a favor?" mash perked up at your words, and nodded. "don't be awkward around siscon over there, we just had.. a minor fight,"

"okay. he didn't touch you, did he?" he murmured, although his brows furrowed at the thought. he could see the way lance craved to move closer, meet your lips on his. he couldn't take it.

"lance? no, he just has an odd habit of pushing me to a wall," you smile, the both of you falling into a comfortable silence.

"first thing, what do you think you're doing here. and second thing, did you change your hairstyle?" lance rose a brow at the redhead across from him.

"first thing is my line, and second thing is i'm trying a new look. (y/n) seems to dig guys with bangs.. so i'm hoping she'll notice me and you know.." dot trailed off with pink cheeks.

lance swore he felt like he was going to burn this whole school down. he was right- of course he was! but to be fair.. dot did like any girl that gave him attention, so he gave you the benefit of the doubt.

"why are you guys in my room? go grumble at each other somewhere else!"
"yeah, get out of my room," you peek in from the door, quite oblivious to the previous conversation.

"(y-y/n)?!" dot glanced at you before he stood up, trying to impress you. "my impatience meter hit five hundred percent, get out of my room dork,"

seeing him flip lance off was amusing, making you stifle a laugh you hid behind finn. trying to avoid lance burning holes into your head.

"wait this is my room- you don't get to say that-" finn whined, before he glanced down at you. his furrowed brows slightly releasing.

"your perfect face is pissing me off, god i hate good looking guys like you more than anything," dot grumbled, as he shifted positions.

"it's okay dot, you're pretty in your own way," you murmur from behind finn, still trying to avoid lances glare.

"wait what-?" dot seemed to short circuit at your words.

"(y/n).." lance grumbled as he glared down at you, only making you smile innocently. the room was filled with a tense atmosphere, before the sound of a door breaking filled the room. which brought dot back.

"yeah, you mind? the last thing we need is you guys busting the place up," mash murmured as he placed the door to the side, an issue for the future he supposed.

"whatevs, here i brought you guys something," pulling out a pink wrapped package, it intrigued basically everyone. either because it looks fancy, or the fact dot barrett brought tea. "you gonna take it?"

"what is it..?" finn walked up, taking the package into his hands, hearing the way it crinkled under any type of pressure.

"a gift. i don't drop into peoples homes without bringin' somethin'. i ain't rude," dot grumbled, dropping his hand to his side.

peeking at the gift your eyes widen slightly, making you smile. "is that your favorite blend, dot? because it's one of my preferences," you smile, before glancing at finn with an innocent smile. "you wouldn't mind giving your dear old friend, (y/n), some, would you?"

"n-no! (y/n), allow me to pick you up your own," he quickly cut in, he would do whatever it takes to just get a sliver of the girls attention, making her softly giggle.

"really? here, take this," putting enough bills into his hand it's enough for a few boxes. "but whatever you want with the change,"

dot nodded, seemingly determined. putting the money into his pocket, the small group started to talk amongst each other.

and you wouldn't lie, both mash, and lance seem to have good control over their emotions. they didn't even seem awkward at all!

"welp. i guess today is going to be another chill day," mash spoke, albeit muffled due to him eating and speaking. the sight made you slightly deadpan.

"please refrain from eating and speaking, i don't know if they know how to do the heimlich maneuver," you hum, but lance just started to speak.

"there's no time to chill. we need to come up with a strategy. you know, to get coins?" lance sighed as he glanced at mash.

"i just want to get a girlfriend," dot shrugged, looking to the side with his hands behind his head. but the atmosphere seemed to be disrupted again as running was heard.

"oh my gosh! you're not going to believe what i just found out!" lemon squealed as her hand rested on the doorframe. before she gasped. "four boys.. but only one of me?"

but she realized her petite friend that was behind finn, peeking out. "you perverts! don't even think of touchy little (y/n)!"

she shouted as she rushed to your side, holding you protectively. "we're not thinking anything- you just barged in!"

at that, lemons grip around you seemed to loosen as she realized- what was she doing here? "why am i here? oh right, follow me!"

grabbing the sleeve of your robe, she started to drag you away. with the small group following behind. it didn't take long for the blond to stop before a machine.

"uh.. what is that," dot mumbled while staring at the.. interesting piece in front of them.

"it's a magic scale that shows how many gold coins each dorm collected up to now," she paused as she pointed towards langs. "look at lang dorm, according to the scale.. they've managed to get the most gold coins so far,"

"adler dorm only has one gold cold, the one mash got. ever since the school year started, langs been going out and taking all the coins from the other dorms!"

"i get it now, so we have to try and stop it while we can? i know one of the third years, and they're currently off campus doing internships," you fill in, as lemon nods along with what you say.

"exactly. and we can't rely on orca either since they just study all the time.." lemon nodded, as she glanced at you.

"so it's up to us in adler?" lemon nodded again, making you hum.

'(y/n) and lemon are so rad. breaking down the situation so we can understand,' dot thought, as blood started to slip from his nose.

"be careful out there, (y/n) and mash! i'll be rooting for you two," she gripped your hands as she stared at you, and occasionally sparing mash a look.

"understood," you smile, ignoring how she still hadn't let go of your hands yet..

"that settles it, if lang stands between me and my goal.. then i'll bring everyone's who's in it down." lance grumbled, clearly serious.

"same goes for me," mash added.
"all right, dammit! let's kill 'em!" dot smiled while loosening his tie.

'i suppose i'll just play as healer..' you huff but still go along with them.

"good luck everyone," finn nodded, "you got this," and it sparked a new hope. well, at least in you, turning to face finn you softly smiled.

"that was cute," you smile, before turning back to mash with an unserious face.

"in the name of peace and justice, these muscles are gonna flex." mash fixed the cuff of his dress shirt, yet, instead of flexing those muscles. the both of you, and one more would have to clean the owl shed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 8 5
You were a child when you first saw her; that woman. You didn't know that you would see her again, and again... you didn't know who she was; what she...
11.8K 202 7
(Y/N) had lost the loves of her life to the same person. She wasn't mad, she was just disappointed in herself. Why couldn't she be like her...?
9.4K 398 15
𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 " 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘶𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘢 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦...
124K 5.2K 51
Rayne Ames x Isekai!reader "So this is what magic truly feels like? Not something we all choose to believe?" "This world is.. interesting. I'm starti...