Untold mysteries

By No1simp4mui

each page has a different quick story. they are based on true story's but edited to my pleasing. this is a ho... More

Body on Somerton Beach
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Disturbing Death of Elisa Lam
btw this isn't a page
The Zodiac Killer
i got a new computer
The Case of JonBenét Ramsey
Chicago Tylenol Murders
The Unsolved Hinterkaifeck Murders
The Ghost Ship of the Mary Celeste
The Mysterious Death of Tupac Shakur
The Watcher House
he Mystery of the Circleville Letters
The Sodder Children Disappearance
The Axeman of New Orleans
The Death of the Boy in the Box
The Mysterious Drowning of Natalie Wood
Jack the Ripper
The Keddie Cabin Murders
The Gardner Museum Heist

Chicago Tylenol Murders

4 0 0
By No1simp4mui

On Sept. 29, 1982, seven people in the Chicago area ingested poisoned Tylenol pills, consequently collapsing and dying shortly after. The victims included: 12-year-old Mary Kellerman, 27-year-old Mary Reiner, 31-year-old Mary McFarland, 35-year-old Paula Prince, 27-year-old Adam Janus, 25-year-old Stanley Janus, and 19-year-old Theresa Janus. Adam Janus ingested a Tylenol and died at the hospital. When the came back to mourn, Stanley Janus and his wife Theresa took a Tylenol and died, making it three deaths in the same family on the same day. However, this tragedy is what led investigators to connect the dots.

Cook County investigator, Nick Pishos, compared the Janus' Tylenol bottle to Mary Kellerman's and noticed they had one similarity, a control number: MC2880. Deputy medical examiner, Edmund Donoghue asked Pishos to smell the bottles and Pishos replied that they both smelled like almonds. The poison cyanide is known to smell like bitter almonds which, in large amounts, can cause seizures, cardiac arrest, and respiratory failure. The blood tests on all of the victims showed that they had taken a dose 100-1000 times the lethal amount.

Donoghue spoke to an attorney from Johnson & Johnson, Tylenol's parent company, and after all the victims were buried on Oct. 1, 1982, that the Tylenol bottles were intentionally poisoned with potassium cyanide. Immediately, over 31 million bottles of Tylenol were recalled by the manufacturer and were issued warnings. They also offered to replace recalled bottles with new bottles and offered a $100,000 reward to anyone who may have any information on the perpetrator. These precautions cost the company over $100,000,000.

There were several more copycat deaths across the United States after the initial incident had occurred. This led to the invention of safety seals that you see on medicine bottles today. To this day, no suspect has ever been charged or convicted of the poisonings.

quite short sorry but its hard to write 2 in one day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 331 38
The life of a mortician changes forever after he tries to have his way with a beautiful woman's dead body. And soon he discovers that the only person...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...