Eternal Sunshine

By radicalgrande

I just knew Dalton and I weren't each other's soulmate or anything of the sort. I mean our relationship turne... More

intro (end of the world)
Chapter 1 - Questionable Differences
Chapter 2 - I've seen enough

Chapter 3 - Bye

550 53 32
By radicalgrande

Bye-bye
Boy, bye, hmm
Hmm
Bye-bye
Boy, bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah

——————————

It was now pitch black outside and the only light in the area was the front porch light a small distance away.

I sat on the perfectly sculpted lawn waiting for Courtney to arrive. I continued sobbing and shaking as I clutched onto my knees for dear life.

I wanted this night to end already and I was not even fully believing the reality of what transpired in front of me a few minutes ago.

I did not think he had it in him to pull a stunt like this above all else, cheat on me. I knew about his ego, but chose to ignore it because he truly could be a great person.

I mean I've seen it and I knew he could be.

He would just get angry and possessive so fast and I never understood why.

He had me wrapped around his finger. I married him. I wasn't going anywhere. I made my entire life almost near private to suit his.

It was out of respect for our relationship but my existence since I was a teenager has been broadcasted by myself and the media.

I could see the damaged I caused to the relationship I have with my fans because I thought of what would suit him best so he wouldn't get harassed.

He barely wanted me to share anything with them. He is an extremely private person and I am a public figure. How does that even work without cost?

If only I had these thoughts as soon as we got together. If only I knew the bullshit I have to endure throughout our relationship leading to now.

If I knew all of this would bite me in the ass, I wouldn't have came back from London to try to fix what I thought was a small issue between us.

I definitely thought wrong.

I should've listened to what my friends were saying months ago and even recently after he his episode on the Wicked set.

Meanwhile, this motherfucker had been taking his ring off when he went out to club (which is a red flag in itself) and was using my name to get into places per TMZ.

Make it make sense because it doesn't.

Catering to my dissatisfaction of hearing about it, my friends still being as caring and protective of me as humanely possible, showed me those TMZ articles and I chose to ignore them like the smitten, loyal wife I am.

Bad decision, I should've said something.

——————————

This ain't the first time I've been hostage to these tears
I can't believe I'm finally movin' through my fears
At least, I know how hard we tried, both you and me
Didn't we? Didn't we?

——————————

It wasn't all bad though, much to my dismay.

We had a blast early in the relationship and marriage. We would cook things for our families and friends and spend quality time with everyone.

He became my muse for my last album positions and even gave me a few ideas for the title track's music video.

We got matching tattoos and his friend that did them was tattoo artist and recording artist.

We went on many vacations to relax and get away. I treated him as if he was royalty in my eyes and he could do no wrong.

Maybe that's where I went wrong? I was blinded for so long.

I thought I had finally found someone different. I put him on a pedestal while he couldn't do the same for me. Almost like he was jealous of the attention I got.

Earth to Dalton—you knew who I was when you got with me. You knew what you were getting into being with me.

It was a domino effect at first. His friends and family started to pull away from having a relationship with me since we had started arguing and they all unfollowed me on social media.

We all had really close bonds and it hurt me that they thought so little of me now when I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just filming a movie and couldn't be by Dalton's side 24/7.

Their best friend, son, brother was the one being unfaithful and draining my sense of self at same time of one of the biggest moments in my career.

He was the one starting arguments because he couldn't fathom what he was doing to me behind the scenes so much that he was projecting those insecurities onto me.

I've done too much work on my healing journey to fall back now. I can't go back to how depressed and miserable I was a couple years ago.

I can't.

I rub my teary eyes as I pick my head up to hear tires screeching and seeing faint headlights in the distance.

I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know I was holding while I was deep in my thoughts about everything that has happened in past couple years until this very moment.

Courtney's here.

Thank god.

——————————

So I grab my stuff
Courtney just pulled up in the driveway
It's time

——————————

I stand up on shaky legs as I hear the front door to the house slam, making me jump.

"ARIANA!!" Dalton screamed into the darkness as he saw headlights approaching in the distance.

I ignore his call out for me as I run my hand through my hair and try to collect myself as much as I can.

——————————

Bye-bye
Boy, bye
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah
Bye-bye
I'm takin' what's mine, yeah
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah

——————————

The car comes closer and I could now hear my best friend's speakers blaring 'I Don't Fuck With You' by my ex Big Sean.

Ironic, but funny nonetheless.

I let out a little laugh at that because god I don't know what I would do without her.

"Ariana! I know you are still out here. Can we talk in private please?" Dalton voice gets closer to me as I see him standing by his car and I soonfelt a sense of urgency as Courtney finally comes within ten feet of me.

I ignore his continued calls for me, picking up my bag as she sees me and quickly breaks allowing me to run to get in the passenger seat and throw my bag in the back seat.

We both made eye contact. There was a look in her eyes I couldn't explain after she saw the state I was in.

Fury.

"I'm going to kill him." She says as she grits her teeth and puts the car in drive, punching the gas.

She drives up to the house because we had to turn around and I just know she wants to give him a piece of her mind.

Oh my, this isn't going to be good.

——————————

You know? I'm stronger than I think
Usually, I'd join you on the floor, but this dance ain't for me
Boy, just turn the music up
Maybe, someday we'll look back with love
Didn't think you'd lose me
Now it's just too late to choose me

——————————

I see him standing there with his hands on the top of his head in disbelief as he sees Courtney's car fly up and come to a halt about 3 inches from his body.

She holds her finger up to me with no words and gets out fast, going up to him.

My eyes widen as he steps back with his hands in surrender to Courtney as she gets even closer to him.

Suddenly, I see her reach up and slap the fuck out of him which causes him to fall back.

He clutches his cheek in pain and his eyebrows furrow.

"Fuck you, you piece of shit. You deserve a lot worse." She spits at him with venom as she goes to hit him again.

"Courtney, stop shit—I wasn't thinking." He says causing the two of us to scoff at the same time.

"Are you fucking serious? You weren't thinking when you slipped your dick inside another bitch that isn't my best friend, aka your fucking wife?!?!" She clasps her hands together in anger as she turns to look at me in the passenger seat.

I sit back in the seat and rub my hands over my face. I honestly just wanted to leave at the point.

"I was fucking lonely." He says trying to defend himself, but it quickly backfired.

"Don't you dare say that. You've been up in the clubs without your ring on and she knows. We told her and showed her. This probably isn't the first bitch you've brought home is it?" She deadpans with utter contempt, making his eyes widen with recognition that he had been caught.

"God damn it. I hate the fucking paparazzi!" He groaned and grips his hair in his hands.

My mouth opens in shock as another sobs leaves my mouth as realization fans over me.

The girl tonight isn't the first...He cheated multiple times.

The next thing I when I look up is Courtney's fists flying into Dalton's face.

"YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" She screams at him as she lays blow after blow, eventually taking him down to the ground with how hard she was punching him.

My mind starts racing as I swiftly get out of the car and try to pull her off of him no matter how much he deserves it.

"Enough, Court! Can we please leave?" I beg her as I finally get her off of him.

She huffs and glares at him and then gets in the car leaving me standing there anxious looking at a bloody Dalton.

——————————

So I grab my stuff
Courtney just pulled up in the driveway
It's time (It's time)

Bye-bye
Boy, bye (Boy, bye)
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah
Bye-bye
I'm takin' what's mine, yeah (Takin' what's mine)
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah

——————————

"I-I...I think it's best if we go our separate ways." I stutter out to him as I look at the ground finding it more interesting than looking him in the eyes.

"Okay...I didn't want this to happen to us." He says causing me to look up at him and frown tears coming back into play.

His face had scattered injuries ranging from the cut on his left eyebrow, busted lip and bruising cheekbones.

"It sure seems like it." I say softly, not having much energy to put effort into the conversation before continuing, "My lawyers will be contacting you within the next couple of months to discuss everything."

I turn to walk to the passenger side door of Courtney's car with my head hung low in defeat.

He didn't say anything else as I got into the car as I could tell he was processing everything that went down.

Courtney turns the car around and I let out a big sigh and rest my head against the window.

She drove down the long driveway that would probably be my last time seeing it. I didn't want to remember.

I wanted the last few years to be erased. I don't want to remember this or him at all. I'm sick of hurting because of someone else's decisions.

She understood my silence and didn't utter a word. I knew she had my back there was no questioning that.

I just didn't have the capacity or ability to cry or to talk anymore. I wanted to be done. I will be okay, I know it.

Bye Dalton.

——————————

Now it's certainly bittersweet
This hook feels too hard to sing
But it's better than repeat (Than repeat, than repeat, than repeat)
Ooh

Bye-bye (Bye-bye)
Boy, bye (Boy, bye)
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah (Bye)
Bye-bye (Bye-bye)
I'm takin' what's mine, yeah (Takin' what's mine, ooh)
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah (Ooh)
Bye-bye (Bye-bye)
Boy, bye
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah (It's over, baby)
Bye-bye (Bye-bye)
I'm takin' what's mine, yeah (I'm takin' what's mine)
Bye-bye
It's over, it's over, oh yeah

——————————

A/N—

Soooooo I just went in and edited a little bit lol I realized there was some errors and corrected them. I really wanted to put this chapter out for you all before I went to work.

Anyway, let me know how you're feeling about this book so far. I love to hear your thoughts and feedback especially if it has to do with what you think is coming next 😉

y'all really make me laugh so fucking hard!

Don't forget to like 💗
love youuuu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
394K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
158K 5.6K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...