Me and My Mister (CatNap X Do...

By ifanyoneasks_imnoone

Happy Pride Month!!!💯 Catnap and Dogday were best friends for a long time. Well, they were always best frien... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Casual Mornings and a Casual Friendship
Chapter 2 - Food is Served
Chapter 3 - Frontyard
Chapter 4 - A Messy Case
Chapter 5 - Roadtrip
Chapter 6 - The New Policy
Chapter 7 - The Night, and You
Chapter 8 - In a Tiny, Wooden Cabin
Chapter 9 - Eyes on a Diary (Not on Purpose)
Chapter 10 - Note
Chapter 11 - Under The Sea
Chapter 12 - Distant Conversation About Love
Chapter 13 - Aquatic Morning
Chapter 14 - Guilty of Love
Chapter 16 - Unspoken Confession
Chapter 17 - The Meeting
Chapter 18 - Letter Delivery
Chapter 19 - The First Misunderstanding
Chapter 20 - Dogday's Diary (Sunday, February 25)
Chapter 21 - A Cat's Dream
Chapter 22 - Catnap Acts a Little Strange
Chapter 23 - Pictures in the Sky
Chapter 24 - Dogday and the Talking Tree
Chapter 25 - Not-So-Secret Forest
Chapter 26 - To Confront a Cat
Chapter 27 - "You Are Everything."

Chapter 15 - In Where Someone Does Something "Wrong"

454 8 14
By ifanyoneasks_imnoone

The sun was at its best, hanging straight up in the sky. It was mid-afternoon, and Dogday went to talk with his friends. Except Catnap, who was acting strangely ever since after that aquarium visit.

Dogday still felt terrible. Why did Catnap ignore him so suddenly?

Hoppy Hopscotch was the first critter he saw, and went to her anxiously.

Hoppy Hopscotch's eyebrow raised upward as Dogday walked to her with a sad face. Dogday lifted up his head and looked into her eyes.

“I don't know what happened,” Dogday said.

“What?“ Hoppy Hopscotch concernedly tilted her head, she had no context nor idea on what the actual hippity-hop he would've been talking about. “What are you talking about? I thought you were going to talk to Catnap in Sunshine Café.“

“He just ignored me, completely!“ He stomped his feet aggresively. “Sorry… I shouldn't be this mad at Catnap…”

“I don't know what you're talking about, but you better tell both me and the others about it,“ Hoppy Hopscotch turned around to announce to the others. “Guys! Dogday has a problem with his soon-to-be-boyfriend!“

“Hoppy, what?“ PickyPiggy jogged to them.

“Dogday, what happened?“ Bobby Bearhug asked, rubbing his head.

“When I went to Sunshine Café to talk to him, he ignored me…” he replied, sadly looking down.

“Ignored you? But, why?“

“I don't know, either!“

“Okay, okay… he must be in a bad mood, that's all,” Bobby Bearhug tried to comfort him.

Dogday nodded. “Where did Catnap go? Did you see him?“

“I'm not sure, but I saw him. He looked like he was about to cry!” Craftycorn figeted, “He must be so upset, what happened?“

“I don't want to explain that again,” Dogday muttered.

“We'll explain later, Craftycorn. Don't worry,” Bobby Bearhug turned around, now facing Sunshine Café. “I'll go look for Catnap and try to talk to him. You all have fun now.“

“Wait, I'm coming!“ Bubba Bubbaphant raised his hand, “Could I?“

“Of course!“ Bobby Bearhug took Bubba Bubbaphant's arm, “Let's go.“

Bobby Bearhug and Bubba Bubbaphant left the shore, and set off, looking for Catnap. He must have trailed off to his cabin.

Or the ocean.

Or maybe he just hid from Dogday until he came back, and then entered the cafe again?

Dogday watched as they faded out, and went to take a seat on a sunchair.

“Dogday…” Craftycorn moved closer to him, “what did you do?“

“I don't know, that question is what I've been asking myself, too. 'What did I do wrong?'”

“Maybe it wasn't what you did wrong, but him.“

“Catnap didn't do anything wrong to me,” Dogday sniffled, “What are you talking about?“

“I mean, maybe he thought he did something wrong.“

Bobby Bearhug and Bubba Bubbaphant went to the area close to the cabins. Wherever he was in, they were determined to look for him. It's not like Catnap to just ignore Dogday and get on his way. If he just roamed to someplace, Dogday would've followed, and then they would have talked about everything—and anything—endlessly.

Catnap was sincere whenever it came to talking about his feelings with Dogday. The others knew this well. Anyone could have assumed that they were practically the bestest of friends, or even more.

And, don't assume that they haven't considered that very same idea.

As Bobby Bearhug and Bubba Bubbaphant searched for Catnap, he found a strange path that looked like it led to a forest. It was very hidden, and it was hidden well. Bushes surrounded it, trees protected it, and leaves almost flooded the pathway. What would an area like this be doing in a beach?

“What is this?“ Bubba Bubbaphant asked, not really to anyone, “It's so interesting.“

Bubba Bubbaphant took a picture using his camera, and decided he would research about it.

“Bobby Bearhug! Check this out! It's so fascinating.“

“You think Catnap might be in there?“ Bobby Bearhug took a step inside.

“Why did that come in your mind?“

“It just looks like someplace Catnap would enjoy.“

“You have a good point,” Bubba Bubbaphant paused. “Maybe we should just… check. Besides, I like going into these type of places, and so does Catnap. We enjoy it for very different reasons, though.“

Catnap was sitting down on a patch of moist grass in the forest he went into with Dogday just a few days ago.
He tried to calm his thoughts by looking at the sun and focusing on the cold breeze. The sun, Dogday loves the sun.

Catnap smiled just thinking about him—who knew he would develop such feelings, but not confess any one of them at all?
Well, he couldn't. His fear had already taken over him, the fear of losing his best friend.

He took small breaths and just let himself get lost in his own thoughts. Until he heard footsteps near him.

Goodness, can't anyone just have peace by theirselves? Catnap thought.

He looked over his shoulder, and saw a blue trunk. He looked again, this time, he saw red ears.

Catnap shook it off for a moment, but was stunned when he realized that was the one—two and only…

Is that Bobby Bearhug and Bubba Bubbaphant?!

Catnap was puzzled, how did they know he was here? Were they spying on him? This forest was incredibly hidden, no way they discovered it by themselves.

He turned his entire body and took a closer look, Bobby Bearhug was calling out his name in a desperate attempt of talking to him about the situation between him and Dogday.

“Catnap! Catnap! Where are you? Are you here? Catnap!“ Bobby Bearhug shouted out, and Catnap could hear her voice echoing.

But Bubba Bubbaphant looked like he was just interested in everything but Catnap. He took pictures of all the trees, all the creatures and insects that passed by, and all the bodies of water, whether big or small.

He took a picture of a bush he had never saw before in Playtime Co. And looked closer at the photo he had taken. He saw a long, purple tail curling upward.

“Catnap?“ Bubba Bubbaphant said, getting the camera out of the way and looking at the bushes. The tail dissapeared immediately. “Catnap, is that you?“

Uh… Catnap thought as he tried to think of an answer. His tail went up again, and he quickly pushed ut down.

Bubba Bubbaphant slapped his palm on his forehead.

“Bobby, I found him!“ He said.

“You did? Where?“ Bobby Bearhug turned to Bubba Bubbaphant.

He sighed, “Over here,” he pointed to the bushes.

“Oh, Catnap…” Bobby Bearhug walked to the bushes, and used her hands to move them out of the way with Bubba Bubbaphant behind her.

When they saw the scenery once all the bushes were away, they were amazed.
It was so beautiful. It looked like it would be perfect to sit and have a picnic in! Small flowers bloomed around, the grass looked comfortable, and the trees and bushes that surrounded it would've already secured you.

“Woah…” Bobby Bearhug went closer to Catnap, who was sitting down on the fluffy grass. “This place is wonderful! How did you know about this?“

Catnap imitated Dogday, putting his arms up on his ears to look like Dogday's ears, and wagging his own tail, “I discovered this place with Dogday a few days ago,” he meant.

“Dogday? That's nice,” Bobby Bearhug smiled. “Oh! About Dogday—”

Catnap looked away from her, “I know, I know. He is probably still furious at me for…” Catnap blushed, “…nothing. But you don't have to tell me twice, okay?“

“He isn't mad at you, Catnap,” Bubba Bubbaphant sat beside him.

Catnap silently scoffed and frowned, “Yeah, right,” he meant.

Bobby Bearhug sighed and sat beside Catnap with Bubba Bubbaphant. She put her hands on the grass and ran her fingers through it.

“Catnap, tell me what happened, and tell me why you're thinking about Dogday in such a way.“

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 147 16
In Playtime Co., a scientist named Dr. Amieriz introduces a new Smiling Critter named CatNap, then things become really interesting very quickly. Thi...
139K 3.5K 25
Sticking 2 hot heads with a sex drive higher than their egos together didn't seem smart. But yet that's exactly what happens. Roman and Will didn't h...
2.1M 81.8K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...
15M 460K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...