TAINTED LOVE | Ongoing

By Emmawrites1

Shraddha X Advait Shraddha found herself drawn to Advait, despite being chided by his continuous attitude. Hi... More

~PROLOGUE~
AESTHETICS! - 1
AESTHETICS - II [New]
[1] ADVAIT
[2] His Life
[3] VAIDEHI
[4] Her life
[5] Issues with the Heart
[6] Friends
[7] Commencement
[8] Young patient
[9] THE SAVIOUR with EGO
[10] GUILTY & UNCOMFORTABLE
[11] A MURDER-?
[12] DEHRADUN
[13] BAARISH
[14] STARES
[15] SEXY-IE
[16] CRUSH
[17] DM in The City
[18] Unlikely behaviour
[19] PLAYFUL TEASING
[21]Friends
[22] HEADACHE
[23] A FAVOUR
[24] ADVAIT'S CARE
[25] Politics
[26] Friendship or more-?
[27] Advait provides comfort.
Author's Note

[20] BLOOD DONATOR

34 7 14
By Emmawrites1

The amorous morning started with the cold breeze in Dehradun.

Meanwhile, Shraddha was sneezing at the change in the environment her pet was playfully hopping in the room to go outside and play with the mud in the garden as it captured the attention of the children playing on the ground.

Shraddha packed her bag keeping all the necessary notes and her essentials.

Aarohi had gone to her home this morning in an emergency as her mother was admitted to the hospital and Shraddha was left alone.

"I wish Aarohi wa---"
Before she could speak she sneezed three more times rubbing her slightly pink nose.

"Shraddha drink something hot. Otherwise, you'll be damned in the Exams."

Shraddha locked her room's door giving the puppy to her neighbour who already had three dogs Shraddha's puppy was joyed to see species like her.

Wearing her helmet she started her scooty and rode it towards the hospital.

*****

Advait was up at six in the morning and was in the office in the next hour in the meeting which included CM and other ministers.

Efficiently attending the meeting he had just come to his office when the peon's voice interrupted.

"Sir excuse me please."

"Yes," Advait halted turning back.

"Sir you forgot your phone in the meeting room.."

Advait glanced at the phone in his hand and grabbed it sliding it inside his pocket.

The peon turned to leave.

"Niketan ji. Please bring one cup of black tea."

The peon bowed and left the office room.

Advait closed his eyes as he meditated silently for ten seconds, his head falling back.

He occupied his reputed seat, waited for the tea and opened his laptop.

Govind ji arrived in the office greeting Advait with respect.

"Good Morning sir."

"Morning Goving ji. Please sit and tell me today's schedule."

Advait ordered while he analysed the document on the laptop's screen.

Govind Ji nodded starting to open the file sitting in front of Advait's table.

"Sir there's a Blood Donation Camp and General health checkup starting today. You have to visit the location to examine the system and then analyse the reports. Other than that in the evening you're free. "

Advait listened to him carefully while his eyes showed amenability to the camps going on.

"Okay then." He shut down the laptop.

"We'll be leaving in twenty minutes Govind Ji."

Govind became confused with Advait's sentence.

"But sir we have to visit in the afternoon"

Advait gave a small smile that didn't reach his lips.

"We'll go as per the time of the camp. That is nine in the morning to four in the evening. We will leave now. It's almost half past nine."

Govind smiled a bit.
"As you wish sir. I'm always ready for your orders."

The peon asked permission to come inside as he brought the tea keeping the tray on the table.

"Govind ji you also get refreshed. We'll leave in some minutes."

Govind nodded and after twenty minutes as said by Advait they were ready to go.

While Advait walked out of the room behind him his bodyguard in a black suit on the left side and Govind Ji on the right side followed him.

Govind Ji was a 50-year-old man who had been in service for 26 years whereas the bodyguard was a man in his thirties, Kartik had a well-built body whose height towered even Advait.

Netrapal greeted Advait while opening the door Advait greeted back sitting inside and Netrapal jogged to the right side getting in his driver's seat.

The camp was near a village on the outskirts of the city so it took them an hour of travelling, they reached the biggest camp organised In Dehradun.

His eyes captured the tents and set up for each chamber.

Advait reminisced about his father, Anand Shukla who attended organised camps like this when Advait was small, his eyes pained with the sore memories.
The past gave him pain.

They forwarded inside as the organiser's authority greeted him asking him to sit.
But he denied any formalities and any epicurean behaviour.

"Sir please we are here to examine the routine check-ups and we'll leave after our duty is done. You carry on your work. We don't want to trouble in your work."
Advait cleared the issue.

"Okay, sir. But please if any need arises ask us. We'll be obliged to provide you."
The head of the doctors bowed showing Advait around the different tents.

While they analysed the orthopaedic section. The old doctor influenced Advait.

After the other sections were analysed by him, Govind Ji equally noted the information of patients and doctors' supervision.

The head doctor brings them near the blood donation camp.

Many patients were donating their blood as Govind Ji noted the numbers of patients, their age group and blood groups including other information.

The head doctor beside Advait showed him the area.

"Sir there's an emergency of patients. Some man who were labourers working on the farm and the landslide occurred. There's information that there were approximately ten workers."

Advait turned to the man asking him the location where the landslide happened.

The rainy season was on the verge and it occurred in frequent manners.

"Where are the patients enrolled?"
The head asked.

"Sir this camp location is near that's why we brought them here. Taking them to the hospital would have taken more time."

He nodded as they dispersed to the patients admitted.

Some had injuries on the head, legs, and hands, and two of them were severe as they were transferred to the hospital soon.

Advait was affected by their conditions but remained tough posture to empathise with the family members of the affected people.

"Sir there's a need for the O-negative blood group, please arrange that."

His ears heard the known voice as he turned back to see if his intuition was correct.

Yes, it was.

She was here.

Shraddha.

He saw her facial features relaxed as she bandaged the right arm of the man who was wounded severely. No pain on her face. As if she wasn't affected.

"Shraddha we recently had the donations of the blood you can find in that."

Her brows concerned, "No sir. O negative is rare and there's no spare blood donator for this blood group. Even if O negative can donate to everyone but it isn't sure if it will match the RH factor, We need the blood group for the patient in the hospital sir please we've to arrange that."

"Okay, I will send the news to other departments if there's the blood group available and match the RH factor with that."

She nodded and the head went to spread the news.

Advait sighed as he neared the bed of the patient where Shraddha was delicately doing her work.

He analysed her for a minute when she looked up and her eyes stopped at him.

Seeing his face made her reminisce about his words from yesterday.

----Especially for the girls like Dr. Shraddha. She's a pretty graceful lady.

Shraddha frequently looked away as she took a deep breath with the intensity of his eyes. His grim face made her nervous as if she committed some mistake.

"You need something, sir?"

Advait looked at the unconscious patient.

"How many serious injuries happened ?"

"There are ten persons affected. Hopefully, all of them were rescued on time by the rescuer team. Out of them, two women, one child and seven men are injured, two are severely injured. One of them has lost much blood by now we need the blood for him immediately otherwise----"

Shraddha breathed as her throat felt dry and she felt out of words

Advait thought something as he looked down.

"Would you mind if I can contribute something to the donation?"
Shraddha's head snapped at him.

"Why would I mind? And may I know what's your blood type?"

"The one you're searching for. O negative."

Her eyes widened as she immediately came to his side.

Her face had a smile as she beamed.

"Are you serious? You would donate right?"

Advait weirdly looked at her face.
"Why do you think I would deny? It's my blood. I can donate right?"

"Please come with me."

Advait followed her as he nodded.

Shraddha roamed here and there to search for someone who could take Advait to the hospital so that he could donate blood.

But everyone was busy treating patients she couldn't ask anyone to help her. Whereas Advait followed her behind wherever she went.

Govind Ji and Kartik looked at each other in confusion about what was Advait doing.

Kartik forwarded and stopped Advait.
"Sir, why are you walking behind the Doctor? I think we should visit the hospital."

"Wait for Dr. Shraddha Kartik."

Shraddha came to him with a miser face

"Sorry sir. You'll have to go in your car no one can take you to the hospital."

Advait's brow creased.
"Wait. Who said to you that I need someone to take me there from your department? I have my team to go there."

Shraddha sighed.

"You need to go there as soon as possible then sir. You are needed there."

Advait Shook his head negatively at her.

"Weird being."
He muttered under his breath before he went away with his team.

Shraddha wondered at his words but couldn't hear.

"Suniye."

(Listen)

Shraddha's chirpy voice halted his steps and the two men behind him as well.

"Please ask the nurse to check the criteria required."

"And What are the criteria?"
Advait asked slipping his palms inside his pockets.

Shraddha reluctantly looked at his face if she should tell him all of them.

"Let it be. You come with us. And check yourself. I can't risk a person's life with a nurse. What if she made any mistake?"

"But sir. I need to see the things here---"

"No problem. Your head will arrange everything. Severe patient is in the hospital."

"But sir. Reyhan sir. Yes, you may take him with you."

"Dr. Shraddha."
He said her name in a harder tone.

"Okay."

Advait went forward as he opened the Car's back door for her.

Netrapal's eyes widened at Advait's gesture as Advait gestured him to drive after he sat beside Shraddha.

Netrapal drove the car as Kartik sat in the passenger seat and Advait and Shraddha in the back seat.

Shraddha's eyes noticed Netrapal who was driving the car. And reminisced his face. Her face went confused where she had seen him but couldn't recall.

They reached the hospital in an hour as Shraddha went inside and Advait followed. Behind him Govind and Kartik guarded.

They reached the patient's ward recently been admitted and Advait saw the unconscious patient and several injuries on his body

"Sir please lay down on the bed"

Shraddha instructed him as the doctor and nurses on the other side of the curtain treated the injured man. The curtain separated the room into two Chambers.

Advait breathed deeply as he folded the sleeves of his baby blue coloured shirt and wet his lower lip with his tongue feeling a bit hazy with the hospital and medicines smell.

Shraddha wore medical gloves and a mask.

Shraddha checked his blood pressure and pulse rate, as well as the haemoglobin along with the necessary tests.

After the reports came in forty minutes. She proceeded to the other work.

"You're eligible to donate Sir."

Shraddha announced smiling while reading the file as Advait remained unaffected when she pressed the needle of the injection.

The tube of the injection connected his blood to the patient's blood collection bag.

"Did you have any tattoos or any piercings recently?"

Shraddha asked to which Kartik suppressed his laugh and Netrapal smiled minorly.
Advait wondered.

"What?"

"This is one of the criteria. You cannot donate blood until six months. In the case of tattoos or any kind of piercings, it can infect patients' blood. Your fitness, blood pressure, pulse rate, haemoglobin everything matters."

"No, I didn't have any tattoos or piercings."

"Did you smoke--"
Shraddha's words halted at his one strict gaze.

"No. Dr. Shraddha."
Advait asserted politely yet tight-lipped.

"You had...had your breakfast, right?"
Shraddha asked getting nervous under his grim gaze.

"Hm." He said while he found it weird to lay before her when she worked smoothly on checking his heartbeat.

Shraddha's eyes were focused on her work whereas Advait stared at her face each time she neared him for the check-up. And her heartbeats raised getting near him each time.

The blood was transferred to the patient as Shraddha stood beside Advait wishing for the patient's well-being.

She didn't know why Advait agreed to donate the blood but this was a shock for her.

A rude man like him even has a soft corner she wondered.

In the afternoon, after Advait was relieved donating. Shraddha offered him fresh orange juice.

He glanced at it while standing up from the bed.

"No thanks."

"Alright, Sir. But please don't forget to eat healthy foods and stay hydrated otherwise you might feel hazy again due to the weakness."

"Dr. You please take care of Sir's diet chart. He's the DM and we can't risk his health."

Advait glared at Govind ji who spoke to Shraddha about him.

"Govind ji. I think our work is done we should be leaving now."

Govind nodded hesitantly.
"Yes sir."

Advait went out and behind him Kartik while Govind stopped to talk with Shraddha.

"Dr. Can you please tell me what to give him in the diet?"
Govind ji asked concerned to which Shraddha smiled.

"No need. You can just give me his Email ID I'll mail him as needed. It's just minor precautions."

"For example?"
Govind asked.

"For example. Umm. Like if he smokes he should stop smoking and if he drinks that too."

"You mean to say our sir is a bad guy?"

"No. No. I mean to say Sir needs to stay away from some habits which might affect his health and weaken him otherwise, he can eat anything he wants."

"Okay." Govind jj brought out a card from his pocket giving it to Shraddha.

"This is Sir's card. In case you need. The phone no. And email is there. Please write something that affects him and he agrees to follow the diet."

"Don't worry Sir. A doctor must make sure patients follow the precautionary steps. You just relax I will take care of that."

Govind Ji thanked Shraddha as he retired downstairs to the car.

Meanwhile, Shraddha glanced at the card reading it.

"Advait Anand Shukla. Hmm... Anand Shukla? Is he Dr. Anand's son? Maybe. Maybe not. There are many Anand and Shuklas in this country. Stupid Shraddha focus on your work."

She read further.
"Email ID. Uh... let me do my other duties first then I will mail him in the evening so that he can read it peacefully with silence.

******

In the evening when Advait came out of the bathroom, freshly showered and wearing his purple Crew neck t-shirt with black lowers.

A message popped onto his laptop screen which was kept open on the study table.

Advait wiped his face with the towel and threw the towel on the bed, his face became red with the washed face as his dark beard appeared charming on his jaw.

Advait sat down on the chair opening the mail. And reading the name on the mail.

His dark pink lips twitched as he read the mail further.

From: Shraddha Chauhan
shraddha26dr.chauhan@gmail.com

To: Advait Anand Shukla
iasadvaitshukla077@gmail.com

Date. 7 November 20XX

.
.
.

Good evening Sir,

Dr. Shraddha here.
I sincerely thank you and the whole Memorial Hospital Authority is grateful for your blood donation and for saving the life of a citizen who was in need. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by our service.

Nevertheless, there are some necessary precautions you need to follow.
I don't insist as it's your choice to follow or just deem the mail as a lecture.

But.
Just for the sake of your loved ones. Your power red blood donations may have side effects. However, you are advised to visit the hospital if the need arises. We'll take care of your health issues.

Precautions:

1. Do not smoke or consume alcohol
2. Do not wear tight clothes.
3. Do not gym because that makes the body painful

4. Do inhalation and exhalation in a span of one or two hours.

5. Keep yourself hydrated, and drink fluids as much as possible.

6. Do not take any painkillers like Aspirin or Paracetamol in case there's body pain sore bone pain or knee pain. Consult a Doctor immediately.

7. Drink liquids, juices, and water as much as possible.
Caution: Not energy drinks.

Other than this, you told us that this is your first donation. You are advised to stay calm and not get hyper.

Please take care, your parents and family members wouldn't want to see you in bad health.

Life is unpredictable. Sudden twists and turns are a part of it.

We hope you will take care of yourself and will contribute to the nation's development with your efforts to make yourself healthy and energetic.

Take care!

Regards,
Internship Scholar
Shraddha Chauhan

*****

I hope Advait will follow the precautionary steps😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.6K 58
Maximum reading time for the story : 5 hours 21 minutes "why don't you understand" " 'cause i don't want to.... And remember one thing Dhriti, it doe...
65.6K 5.4K 50
Now available on Amazon Kindle as "INNOCENTLY BEAUTIFUL LOVE" "Don't be a spoilsport Aadhu. You can't just back out from a simple dare," said Aayush...
30.1K 2.4K 22
2 book in Secrets of the Heart Series _____ Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aar...
253K 11.8K 36
His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along with the dangerous stance screamed cont...