Duvarları içinde - within the...

By m3edina1

Duvarları içinde (within the walls) Great-granddaughter of Suleyman Shah and Hayme Ana Granddaughter of Ertuğ... More

Before you read
Glossary
Charachters
Prologue/Extended Description
Relationships
Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Not a chapter

Chapter 7

92 1 0
By m3edina1

Warning: mention of torture and death.

Longer chapter.

In the past few days, Mihrimah stayed in Sögüt to attend to the merchants and today was the day, she was to return to the tribe.

In these past few days, many events had been happening. Osman and his alps were caught in an explosion, and there were casualties. Boran was taken prisoner by Rogatus and Julia in the process, as he was Osman's most trusted alp. Mari was about to be taken by her brother and Nikola, who wanted to take her to his castle in Inegol. Turgut was saved by Malhun and Kumrul Abdal and some alps from Nikola, who was torturing the bey in front of Mari. Mari too was saved in the process.

Malhun and Kumral Abdal managed to get the tortured Turgut to the healing tent and Mari was taken care of the Hatuns. At the same time, Osman and the alps returned with the fallen brothers. Their family where devastated.

At Inegol Castle, Boran too was tortured not only physically but also mentally. His torturer, Julia taunted him with his wife's Gonca death and how Julia killed her, and eventually caused him to have a mental breakdown.

Across the plains, banners with the eagle of Seljuk fluttered, while horsemen held on to them proudly. A commander, who was riding in front of his master's carriage stopped up, when they arrived at the highest point of the plain. His master stepped out of the said carriage and the commander greeted his master, Vizier Alemshah. Sultan Mesud's Vizier. The Vizier and his most trusted commander, Konur, distanced themselves a little from the other soldiers. Vizier Alemshah looked over the land before him and spoke. ''The land of fertility, Rome. You're being crushed under the reign of chaos. You need order. And that order needs a powerful head and I will be that head. The Vizier off Mighty Seljuk, Alemshah.''

He continued to look over the land. ''From now on, these frontiers are under my command.''

At the same moment, Commander Konur took a step towards the Vizier. ''Did you let Tekfur Nikola know that I would visit him?''

''I sent a messenger, My Vizier. Lord Nikola is waiting for you.''

''I will go to the Kayi Tribe and then see him. I will see this rebel called Osman, who I often hear of. And not to mention the kin of Sultan Mesud. Osman's niece, Mihrimah Turhan Sultan.''

Mihrimah strode through Sögüt to speak with the last of the merchants, before she left for the tribe. She needed to check in with them, if they need anything before winter arrives.

Lastly she arrived to the blacksmith of Sögüt. ''Kolay Gelsin*''

''Thank you, Mihrimah Hatun*''

''I was doing rounds around stalls and wondered if you need anything before winter arrives?''

''Eyvallah, Mihrimah Hatun.'' the blacksmith said. ''I don't need anything. The material you got for me last time was more than enough. Look at all the weapons I managed to forged thanks to you.''

''Eyvallah.'' Mihrimah said courteously and inspected the weapons. ''Mashallah, it's because men of your talent, we can strife in battle. What would the alps do without your swords.''

''Thank you, Mihrimah.''

''Have a good day.''

As she was on her way to the stables, she spotted a beautiful scarf, with daisies, her favorite flower, and bought it. It make her think of a conversation Sheikh Edebali and Bala had with her.

Osman was greatly hurt. He was taken to Sheikh Edebali's small settlement, where Osman could heal. Selcan Hatun and Mihrimah snuck out of the tribe, so Selcan could tend to Omsan.

Bala had secretly given Osman a handkerchief, he could hold on to, until Sheikh Edebali approved of them to marry. Edebali gave the handkerchief to a blushing Bala, to hold on to it. Selcan smiled and said. ''Eh, Sheikh'm, if they can't be together, a handkerchief is enough to hold them close.''

Mihrimah pondered about what Selcan said, but didn't understand. ''How can a handkerchief bring together two people?''

Selcan was about to answer, but Sheikh beat her to it.''Young Mihrimah. A woman who gives a man either a handkerchief or a scarf is not only a sign of respect. But it is also a way to tell what words can't.''

''Like what?''

''Like showing cherishness or deep affection to your beloved.''

Mihrimah's eyes widened and shook her head, while she said to herself. ''Estagfirullah, Mihrimah, what are you thinking of.'' She paid for the scarf and headed to Toprak, who was ready to head home too.

Drums could be heard over the whole Kayi Tribe. The crowd had gathered near the Bey's tent, where Osman awaited with his alps. He was informed that Seljuk Vizier Alemshah was coming to the tribe. When he arrived, one of his servants kneeled down, so the Vizier could use him as a stepping stool, when he descended from his horse. The whole tribe gave him a disapproving look of his behaviour.

''Welcome to the Kayi tribe, Vizier Alemshah.'' Osman stood tall and greeted the man.

The Vizier eyed Osman up and down with an arrogant expression. He didn't say anything, but only walked past Osman like he was no one and entered the Bey's tent, with Commander Konur behind him. Osman Bey followed him inside along with his brother, Gunduz Bey.

''His eyes carry evil. Kayi is a good tribe and he came to ruin its reputation.'' Selcan exclaimed disdainfully.

Ayşe Hatun looked at Selcan confused. ''Ana, he just arrived. Why do you say that?''

''His eyes reminded me of Saadettin Kopek. He has evil within him. I know a lot of things about people, kizim. I can see the difference between bravery and betrayal from far away.''

When the doors behind Osman and Gunduz Bey closed, Vizier Alemshah sat down on the Bey's seat like it was his own, still having the arrogant expression on his face. Konur stood beside the seat like any commander would.

''Osman Bey. I came here to end an era. The era of whatever you're doing has come to an end.'' the Vizier said but was interrupted by Osman, who challenged him. ''Complete your sentence, Vizier.''

''You forbade Turkmen tribes to do business with the Tekfurs. And then you make an agreement with Saguros, the Governor of Iznik. Yet... who did you get permission from?''

''Why should I ask permission, if it's for the well-being of Turkmens?''

''From Konya, Osman Bey. From Konya.''

''Is there a free state in Konya to ask permission from?'' Osman was steady in his decision.

Alemshah's patience was running thin. ''Know your limits, Osman Bey! You raid places, take mines. What is your intention, Osman Bey. And you're questioning the freedom of your state?''

Osman Bey and the Vizier glared at each other, before the latter spoke. ''How can we know that you aren't going to draw your sword against us, Seljuk, with the help of that mine you recently conquered.''

''Watch your language!'' this time Osman patience was wearing thin, and neared the Vizier, but stopped up when Konur was ready to prevent him in this. ''I respect your position. But you are going to far, Vizier.''

The Vizier looked at him, slightly surprised at his words. ''You're talking about betrayal. I never betray!''

The Vizier motioned with his head to Konur, who then took a letter out out his armor and gave it to Osman.

Osman bey looked at the letter and then on the Vizier, who spoke. ''It is an order of Sultan Mesud. The Kayi's tax is doubled because of the business you do without permission and your stubborn actions. The state is now here. Prepare a room for me in Sögüt. From now on, I will be staying here.''

''What you said will be done.''

Mihrimah was happy that she didn't ride in a dress, otherwise it would be uncomfortable, as she liked her armor more. As Mihrimah arrived in the tribe she hardly saw anyone. After riding towards the Bey's tent she saw a crowd. Not to mention, Seljuk soldiers.

She rode in between them and they parted to let her ride through. Eva saw her mistress and walked towards her taking Toprak's reigns as Mihrimah descended from the saddle.

''What is happening, Eva?'' the girl looked at her attendant confused.

''Some Seljuk vizier named Alemshah arrived. Selcan ana says that he is very bad news and that he reminds her of some Saadettin Kopek.''

''Hayırlısı Olsun*'' Mihrimah hoped for the best.

''If I may ask. Who is Saadettin Kopek?''

''He was the head of the Seljuk state's treasury, so he had access to the power of the Seljuk state. He tried to foil my grandfather, Ertuğrul and the tribe through schemes. He was corrupt and power-hungry, but was eventually beheaded by my grandfather.''

''I see, those are the worst.''

Mihrimah nodded and spoke. ''Eva, give the rein to an Alp and come with me.''

Eva did as her mistress said and followed her to the Bey's tent. ''Destur var mi?''

''Gelesin.'' Mihrimah heard her uncle say and entered the tent with Eva behind her.

Vizier Alemshah was the first to catch the sight of her. His breath got caught in his throat as he watched her move proudly, with her head held high towards them. Without hesitation, he stood up and was ready to greet her.

Meanwhile, Konur caught sight of her when she appeared in front of the Vizier. His gaze lingered on Mihrimah.

''Hoş geldin. I'm Mihrimah Turhan.'' she put her right and on her chest and nodded courteously.

Vizier Alemshah did the same. ''Sultan'im, it's an honor to met you, Mihrimah Turhan Sultan.''

Mihrimah didn't answer immediately, but looked at the Bey's seat, that the vizier sat on, his gaze following her.

''Good to meet you too, Vizier Alemshah.'' she said as she confidently held her hands behind her back. ''How come a Vizier of the great Seljuk decided to become comfortable in a mere tribe?''

Osman and Gunduz' eyes widened at her behaviour, but Eva was impressed by her mistress.

The Vizier's smile faltered slightly. ''I was send by Sultan Mesud to deliver orders to Osman Bey.''

''Mihrimah, when you rest, you'll return to Sögüt and stay until you hear from me.'' Osman interrupted. Mihrimah only looked at him, understanding his intentions.

''Taman, emmi.''

The Vizier turned to his commander. ''Konur... I want you to gather the other Turkmen Beys in the lodge. Osman Bey, I want you and Turgut Bey there as well.''

''We will come.''

''If that's all, then allow us, Vizier.'' Mihrimah spoke. ''We important things to attend to.''

''Mihrimah Sultan, as I said to your uncle. I will be the one who is giving him important things to deal with from now on. You too as well.''

''How come? Suddenly, you look at me as a daughter of a Bey. I'm proud to be the daughter of Tarik Bey, I'm also the daughter of Güneş Sultan. There's a clear difference between the two.''

Vizier Alemshah didn't say anything but walked past her, Osman, Gunduz and Eva. Konur followed suit but managed to look deep into Mihrimah's stormy grey eyes. She as well looked into his dark brown, and got a weird feeling in her stomach that would plague her from now on.

Words count: 1925

Throughout the story there will be words that aren't included in the glossary, but will be explained at the end of a chapter.

*Kolay Gelsin - may it come easy. A saying if someone is performing any sort of task, to show appreciation for their effort.

*Mihrimah only lets merchants call her Hatun. Where she doesn't like to be called that by her family and close friends, as she sees it as their way to talk down to them, if she is compared to others or such

*Hayırlısı Olsun - This phrase is used in situations where one have no idea what will happen next but hope for the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 1.5K 66
A Kurulus Osman fanfic ~UNDER EDITING~ "Dundar, Kardeşim, will you take Ceyda with you to our brother's tribe? I want my daughter to grow up happy an...
5.1K 913 24
{Editing} ~Goktug Love story~ Daughter of Tekfur Thomas was very humble and amiable. She was a youthful, admirable women which many men adore. Elenor...
3.9K 98 17
Season 5 of Drilis Ertugul with some changes: - Halime Sultan is alive - Aslihan Hatun is alive - Turgut and Aslihan have 3 children (2 daughters...
49.8K 1.3K 86
Note: This is my first Magnificent Century fanfiction, I'm going off the T.V series. I do not own any of the character my own. Please bare with me on...