๐“๐€๐Œ๐„ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“ | ๐‘บ...

By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐จ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ......๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ง๐š๐ข๐ฏ๐ž, ๏ฟฝ... More

|๐๐‘๐Ž๐…๐ˆ๐‹๐„|
| ๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ |
๐Ÿ | ๐†๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ | ๐๐ž๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ‘ | ๐€ ๐…๐š๐ญ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ’ | ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐€๐ง๐ ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐Ÿ“ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ” | ๐’๐š๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‡๐จ๐ฆ๐ž
๐Ÿ• | ๐ƒ๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฒ ๐Œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ
๐Ÿ– | ๐€๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐†๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐Ÿ— | ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ญ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐Ž๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐–๐ข๐ฌ๐๐จ๐ฆ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐€ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐˜๐ž๐š๐ซ
~ ๐“๐€๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐Ž ๐’๐„๐‚๐‘๐„๐“ ๐Ÿ ~
|๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ|
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘| ๐€ ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐Œ๐š๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” | ๐€ ๐–๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‹๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•| ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐–๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– | ๐”๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐“๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— | ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฉ๐ž ๐…๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐…๐ข๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ž๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ
|๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ|
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐‚๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ ๐Œ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐”๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐Œ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ | ๐‘๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” | ๐†๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ฌ ๐‘๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ• | ๐”๐ง๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฌ๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐จ๐ง ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— | ๐€ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐š

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | ๐”๐ง๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ง

85 9 1
By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

~*~

"......I'm Kuragari"

The upper moon replies confidently, in an amused manner. 

He didn't seem to take our question seriously, especially when he's feasting on the grounds from our shrine. Our very own home, and the very people that lived at the foot of the mountain. Though his name was only changed as a demon, something was troubling my brother. His eyes said it all. Despite that we haven't had a proper conversation since he kicked me out, he saved me again? 

Brushing off that fact now that we're facing a dangerous threat, a direct subordinate of Kibutsuji the king of demons.

"Ryuji..........how did you--?"

"We'll talk after......" his voice brushes me off, noticing his breathing was uneven. 

It wasn't out of exhaustion feeling the tension thicken, and the air was stale with rotting corpses from the shrine a few metres upon the mountain. My body was aching from exhaustion, having to keep up stalling this demon and hearing his provocative insults. Never have I felt absolute defeat, and for a moment I accepted death. I couldn't even do anything to protect my team, and their dead because of me. 

I can't believe after standing up against him for hours; I've even considered death........

~ ~ ~ 

'Oi....dumbass.....' 

Lifting my head up Sanemi placed his hand upon my head, "Hmm, what is it?" my eyes gazed up, with confusion. His eyes met mine briefly, with a subtle frown while pouting.

'Come back safely, no matter the mission........' he grimaced at his own words, sheepishly. His cheeks tinged red, while he averted his eyes from mine. '.........I want to keep that promise, even Masachika would do the same for me......so....'

Both my hands reached up and rested over his upon my head, causing his breath to hitch.

"Are you growing sentimental, because of me?" I grinned teasingly, causing him to scoff not pulling his hand away.

He shook his head, "Shut up, I just.........I'm not getting all damn sentimental!" he spat, before finishing with a rumble in his throat in irritation. "Masachika asked of me to watch over your dumb self! That's all!!!"  acting defensively.

However for some reason I knew he cared, because he wouldn't be seeing me. 

Heck......he wouldn't have put any effort, but he did.....

Even on spare days where he could be going on missions, he would see me before leaving. His words were cruel and harsh, but I saw a side that I believe no one gets to witness. I'm grateful to him, to Masachika for saving my life that night and everyday that goes by........

"Yeah....yeah," rolling my eyes playfully, my eyes peeking up from behind his wrist. He glanced back down noticing his cheeks warming up, embarrassment seeping through his tough facade as always. "I can't make promises, but I'll try and live.....

~ ~ ~

Ryuji nears my ear, "Hayami, I need you to run," Ryuji instructs in a hush tone, whilst keeping his eyes on the demon. His larger upper body blocks the demons attention upon me, "Your team has been compromised, and I don't need you in the way--"

"N-No...."

"YES!!!!--" he harshly raises his voice, only to come to a stop.

"Something isn't right...." I spoke up, my throat becoming dry and raw. Swallowing thickly to a soft raspy tone, "......he's even familiar with this place, his voice sounds vaguely familiar and......that mark below his left eye....."

Ryuji takes another glance towards the demon, only to feeling Ryuji's grip around my body tighten in response. His fingers dug into skin, as if he's in absolute shock at what he's just realising. Grimacing in discomfort from his hold, he notices as his grip loosens to keep me secure and close to him. "It.......no it's not possible......" his voice grew shaky, before jumping another good distance from the Upper Moon.

In confusion I tug on the collar of his haori, "What is it? What did you see?!"

"I c-can't..." his voice breaks, before lowering me down near the tree. He soon stood tall drawing his blade out, with a sharp 'schwing' from the scabbard. His entire face shifted from protective, to complete disbelief; his hands were shaking. This wasn't like him waver, and the way his face went pale as if seeing a ghost.

"Who is it? Just tell me?!" I demand, pushing myself up against the tree only to collapse.

"I can't!!!" He snaps back, before locking his stance in. "It'll only bring memories back, that I can't erase--"

"Please?!"

The Upper moon chuckles deeply with amusement, while standing there finding our little quarrel humorous. I know we're both trapped in a corner, with Ryuji as the last resort in defeating this demon. This was our chance, but after studying the demon; all memories were blurred and hazy from the eye.

A shadow casts over Ryuji's eyes, "Hiroshi........" he utters out, enough for me to hear. Then lifting his enraged eyes, ".........your name is Hiroshi Mizutsuki, our father aren't you? You may have forgotten, because I recognise you............"

My eyes were widen in realisation and shock, and my chest tightening painfully at this revelation. 

The demon grunts with a smirk, "The name is coming back to me, but.......that's not me anymore," he growls, baring his fangs threateningly. His golden eyes pierced into my soul, as my whole entire body felt frozen in place. The mark on his cheek.......a waning crescent moon, was in the exact same as mine. 

No doubt about it.....

Ryuji's clenches his jaw, "I can't just let you roam free, not like this......" He declares, keeping his composure steady. "This mountain has been stained by blood, by your hands..........I shall not let you taint this land anymore than it has to--"

"Come on, you find out I'm your father, alive and well........" Kuragari scoffs dryly, his eyes not leaving Ryuji's. ".......and you're not at all concerned? How disappointing.......I thought my past self would've taught you better......to respect your elders,"

My anger boils within me, the more he kept rambling on about respect and concern.

"YOU NEVER ONCE CARED ABOUT US!!!!!!" I snap angrily; fear coursing through my veins in the midst of the moment. Tears well up threatening to fall, while my body ached in constant pain of his infliction. Finding even difficult to breath from my cracked rib, the anger that boils inside was trying to surface. 

"Hayami..." Ryuji warns sternly, shifting his position in front of me. 

"So she finally has a mouth, now?" Kuragari counters, finding his eyes filled with disgust and disappointment; that same contemptuous expression. Rolling his shoulders he sighs in annoyance, "I'm sick of this surprising reunion, it's ruining my appetite right now...."

Ryuji's jaw sharpens, and eyes darken with the shift of his blade angling down, "Hayami, run now!"

Within seconds a huge collision occurs between my brother, and our father with the snow flying in every direction. The sound of claws and steel chimes in the air, while the two began fighting on par with one another. Trying to push myself back up, I felt my knees give out collapsing into the snow again. "Come on.......g-get up....." small whimpers leave me, wondering why I couldn't have the strength to stand.

My eyes flicker over my shoulder seeing big brother's movements, taking in the battle behind me with only worry.

What I couldn't fathom was that this very demon was not only a huge threat, but our own very father who was much very alive. It was like seeing a ghost, terrorising others lives for his own damn pleasure as a demon. Was this Kibutsuji's doing?  Was he the one who changed father? I thought he was burned to ash, I very well saw his arm shredded from the bone. Well that's what I've been told by Akihiro-Sensei, but something doesn't add up.

Why would he change his life into the predator that roamed this land?

The very thing, our family for many generations has been hunting for centuries?

"Dragon breathing! Sixth form: Water Dragon Whirlpool!!!!!" his voice echoes down the mountains, hearing the rage brimming from his chest. The anger and malice fills the air, as the air becomes colder the further it grows later in the morning. The attack was filled with such power and intensity, that I guaranteed it would surpass any attack father had. 

With the air steadily gained back into my lungs, I push myself back to my feet only for sharp pain to wrack through my body. Clutching my ribs quickly I hunch for a moment, taking deep breaths in and then slowly exhaled to ease the tension. Though it was difficult to breath, I couldn't help but need to help my big brother. The injuries I've sustained may seem severe, but I've got enough strength to aid him in any way possible.

~*~

"Oh.........god....."

Keeping to the side to gain back my stamina, my brother has been fighting for a good forty minutes. Both at the same power in strength combined, seeing the heavy blows my brother endures. Blood painted the snow beneath them, stirred and engraved into the ground. It was beyond a normal battle between a demon and human, but my brother is a hashira. He's trained for something like this, so he's bound to take down our own father.

Ryuji angles his blade down, "Dragon breathing! Seventh form: Water Claw Slash!!!!!" his blade forms into three large strikes like the dragon claws, gathering all power in his strike. Striking across father with three mighty blows, he managed to severe one arm and two large blows across the chest. Innards spill from the belly, and the bone and muscle tissue showing in a gory display. 

However father wasn't the least fazed, but I could see exhaustion creeping in.

"You've come so far my boy!!!!!" Kuargari rages on loudly, filled with excitement. "Become a demon with me! Forget the damn weak! Use your strength for more, than protecting that little bitch.......because you and I know you're just a shield for her. She's using you!"

"Shut up!!!!!!" Ryuji swipes his blade across, only missing by an inch across the throat. 

Try to use my total concentration slowly and steadily, I tried to muffle out father's words. If I just gain some little stamina, I might be able to become useful. Focusing so hard in blocking any of any of my bleeding wounds. Hoping for the clots to block them for now, my vision was becoming hazy and the pain in my ribs was becoming insatiable to breathe. Blinking away the fog from my eyes, I noticed Ryuji was using any breathing techniques hastily.

"Then you're nothing! Turning down such an opportunity than death!!" Kuragari bitterly remarks; his regeneration gaining back an arm and his torso healed back up in seconds. "Another disappointment, a failure of my blood........"

My jaw clamped shut feeling my anger fuming, pushing myself to stand up slowly. Though Ryuji either knows my presence remains, I couldn't run away when I've still got stamina left. Reaching over I grasp my blade, drawing it out from the scabbard slowly. Leaning against the base of the tree for stability, my head began to spin uncontrollably from blood loss. Shit! Everything hurts suddenly, and I can't even focus properly.

Soon I hear a heavy thud causing my head to spin, my eyes slowly widening.

"Ryuji," my voice came out shakily, with shock.

His body hit the ground with a strong powerful attack, sent his way after the regeneration. It was as if the upper moon was only getting stronger, the longer the battle continued. Brother's uniform was shredded, heavy deep gashes all over his body and blood pooling beneath where he was stood before. His straining gasps of pain fills the air, hearing his wheezing and his blood filled lungs. 

Father took that has his opportunity to finish, as he began to tower over brother.

Inhaling slowly I adjust my grip, "Dragon breathing, Fourth form: Water Dragon mist....." I whisper, keeping myself quiet and stealthy. Feeling my body growing lighter from my total concentration, my lungs manage to expand enough to exhale. Pushing past the stance I present, I raise my blade and swiftly sliced through his chest without hesitation. The sound of bone and flesh tearing and being severed, deliciously meets my ears.

Knocking him of course, it gave Ryuji enough time to recover and stand up, "Why you little bitch!!!!" He grunts out from the impact, blood sprays from my attack.

Managing to keep my balance on my own two feet despite my injuries, I face him while still still in progress in using my fourth form. Finally gaining his attention I began running towards the shrine upon the mountain, not far from where the battle was being made. Glancing over my shoulder he began following me, as if he was blinded by rage only. He was beyond pissed, as I charge towards his lair where he's been residing in to get him away from Ryuji for now.

My total concentration isn't recovering, and I'm almost out of energy to perform further breathing techniques.

Suddenly a figure jumps down with the earth crumbling beneath him, as his blazing golden eyes pierced into my soul. His hand reaches towards me in a blink of an eye, as I manage to bend my back missing his attack. Gripping my blade I drop it before gripping it upside down, and sliced up vertically like lightning. Severing his arm yet again, he regenerates at the same speed; feeling excruciating pain run up my chest and ribs.

My body suddenly collides into heavy stone realising it was the shrine, following with sickening cracks in my body.

Blood erupts from my lungs choking back on the substance, as metal taste knocks back all the senses around me. It was all I could sense as my body slumps against the stone wall, gasping heavily from the instantaneous attack. Dust accumulates around, as heavy bits of stone fall down upon me. My vision was red, ears ringing while trying to understand what had just happened. Hair tousled and matted in my blood. 

"R-Ryu....ji....." I choke out, blood leaking at the corners of my lips.

Is this it? Am I really dying at this shrine, by the hands of my own father? 

"I'm not gonna let you die, not when I can let you endure some pain a little longer," His voice growls, with a deeper venomous tone. It almost sounded like a serpent. "I'm not even in my full demon form.......yet, but you can guess what i'll be."

Trying to use total concentration to focus on my external and internal wounds, my eyes couldn't open from how heavy my body felt. Tension built at the back of my skull, and all over as it pounds painfully muffling my senses as well.

"G-Go to hell.........." I croak out, before coughing up more blood. 

He scoffs with a deep chuckle, "I'm already in hell, and I'm loving it.......daughter," he hisses, hearing that serpent like sound.

With every ounce of my strength my eyes flicker open slowly, as I peer through my thick lashes only to feel my stomach sink. His appearance was gradually growing larger, his face becoming more dragon like from the mythical legends, and stories. His horns grew bigger, hair replaced with water like fur, skin pale ocean blue beneath the moonlight and eyes golden like the sun. It's eyes flicker open revealing 'Upper Moon Four' in kanji. His entire body changes into that of a Mizu dragon, making my skin crawl.

"Surprised to see me like this....?" His large jaws open, revealing razor sharp teeth. "......now, time to teach you a lesson."

My eyes widen with fear as I tried to move, but my body was refusing to respond. My heart was picking up faster than anything else in my body, causing more blood to be choked up. Small whimpers of discomfort and tears welling up, hating that I don't want to scream. That if I make a sound, I would only be pointlessly wasting my breath. 

"G-Get away!!!!" I raise my voice, before my breaths become short painful pants.

The large dragon settles his body onto the ground, the earth trembling beneath as the rocks around stir and grind against each other. Balling my fists so tightly that my nails dug into my palms, blood trailing down while feeling absolute fear. Punching my thigh I try to make them move, while keeping my eyes on him. 

'Dammit, Ryuji I need you........I hate to admit....I need you......' I scream internally, while I continuously punching my thigh to move them.

My breath quickens as the dragons body towers me, eyes filled with malice. It was like predator corning the prey. Never have I felt so weak, since that very night when I lost my family. Here I'm overwhelmed in pain, and the struggle even breath fresh air in the cold air. Continuously punching my thigh, my fist was shaking out of anxiety and fear. 

I don't want to die........not by his hand.......

"Poor thing can't even stand," Kuragari growls, with amusement lacing his serpent like voice. His large giant head hovers above me, realising how large of an opponent we truly were up against. "Why don't you die here, with the rest of the souls of our family.........end your suffering."

Finally some movement in my legs push myself against the wall, as my back applies pressure to gain stability. My fingers grip the rough ridges of the stone, feeling a few fractures and broken bones in my bone clearly. It wasn't looking well for me, despite how desperate I wanted to live to see his face again. 

Though I never promised.........I want to see him.....

.....just one more time.....Sanemi.....

"Oh......what's this?" His hot breath coax my face, the stench burned my lungs.

Dawn was slowly rising finally after what seemed like hours, as the glowing sun peers from behind the tall mountain range afar.

I need to figure a way to keep him in the sunlight, and fast...........

My eyes slice up with a furious expression, while masking the throbbing pain. Knees almost on the verge of giving out again, I support myself against the wall. Glancing up I noticed a blur at the corner of my eye, recognising who it was. Clearly remaining clueless, I stagger back up to my feet gaining some balance to my weakened state.

Blood rolls down over my left eye while my eyes sharply remain on his, still feeling clouded and foggy in the head. 

"I'm not dying......." I utter out, beneath my shallow breath. ".......not by the likes of you."

Soon pushing forward I leapt towards him and skid across the snow, picking up my blade beneath his chest. Swiftly I hoist my body with every painful bit of strength and momentum, driving the sharp blade into the weak point of his throat. An upturned scale, or so I even thought. Taken back by my sudden attack he tries to bite in my direction, but I kept my hand tightly around my blade to make sure the blade remains embedded into his throat. 

A fountain of blood pours from above me, as his larger body thrashes violently.

"You little bitch!!!!!"

Clenching my jaw tightly while feeling my body jolting feeling my vision becoming bleary, when keeping my eyes on the sun from afar.

We've got this.........just a little longer...........

However his large claws manage to grab me forcefully, and tried pulling me away from the blade. Holding on tightly the blade drags beneath his throat, finding my body coating his dark crimson. His heavy bellows and roars of discomfort reach my ears, only for him to rip my grasp from my weapon. My eyes slowly widen feeling the wind pound against my ears, before colliding into the bed of snow. 

"You....think, a child like you......" he growls, venomously. Blood pooling beneath, as he became slowly regenerating the wound I pierced. ".......could ever become strong? I wish, you.......were no child of mine......you're dead to me......"

His footsteps shook the ground from his large reptilian physique, before opening his jaws wide gathering energy about to blast scorching water at me.

Suddenly a heavy hurricane of an attack came barreling down, causing Kuragari's body to break the earth beneath him. My silver eyes widen in surprise as there was Ryuji, attacking from the blindspot as he drove his blade deep into the skull. The gust of wind spread in all different directions, as my hair flies back from the massive blow. It all came in the spur of the moment, and I was even taken back by Ryuji's sudden strength of power.

Silence soon falls resting in the quiet growth of the forest, allowing myself to register to what had happened as I drag my blade to my knees.

Feeling myself suffocate under the pressure I began to choke up blood, my body hunches over trying to cough it up than letting myself drown in my blood. Clutching my chest, my breath came in short gasps of air trying to ease into the sustained injuries. Did we finally win? Glancing up I saw a shadow cast over his eyes, his anger exploiting through his emotion. He wasn't okay, and definitely looked overexerted. Despite him being one of the strongest hashira, he sure used everything in this battle as if he was weak.

He draws his blade from the thick scaled flesh from father's skull, as his body reverts back to his original demon form to human size.

"Big brother........" I utter out, finding it difficult to speak.

He doesn't response to me as he raises his blade to the neck, allowing him to take the final blow and end the upper moon. It felt all too easy, yet this mission was the hardest I'm accomplished so far. Finally gathering strength in his strike, Kuragari's hand grabbed the blade and snaps it with every bit of strength with a furious expression. Using his other hand he went to send a power punch Ryuji's way, but big brother dodged the attack.

The demon stood up rolling his broad shoulders back, with his scales more prominent than before with his eyes ablaze with rage. 

He grinds his teeth before he charges towards me without warning, causing my breath to hitch as I push myself to my feet and blocked his attack with my blade. My muscles strain under his immense power, that my joints were weakening and I couldn't perform another breathing technique again. "I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna end you and our lineage! You're weak, you're worthless and you'll only become fodder for us, demons!!!"

"GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF HER!!!!!"

Father turns around sharply only for a second, allowing me to drive the blade through the back of his nape. Ryuji grabs the demon and throws him off me, using the blunt end of his blade and jabs it into the demons eyes and gouges it out. It leaves a bloody and gory sight, causing father to regenerate much slowly this time.

This it it! We've got this now! 

"I'M NOT DYING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!" 

Easily by his desperation to flee from the sun, Ryuji locked his rms around him with all his strength and might. His muscles bulge, his body covered in bloody scars and a thin layer of sweat dripping down. Father began to scream out, in a frenzy as he thrashed violently to flee the burning sun that finally graced the mountains. My heart raced in anticipation, seeing the sun slowly drawing nearer to the two on the ground. 

"Thats it........come on......" before finding my vision blurring, and ears ringing again. "Please...?"

However my eyes slowly widen in horror when the Demon began to glow from his scale markings, unleashing a demon art that knocked me from my feet. Hitting the ground on my knees, the jolt ran through my aching body.

The mist from the snow slowly clears as my eyes slowly widen; my breath hitches. There I saw Ryuji's body leaning against Kuragari, unmoving against his shoulder.

Blood drips down into the pool of blood beneath them, not understanding who was the one that was bleeding. Realising they were beneath the shadows of the growth of trees, it gave Kuragari extended time before he burns. What's going on? I don't understand? Shouldn't he be getting exhausted by now?

Standing up I take heavy footsteps closer, lifting my blade while trying to reach them "Ryuji...?" I shakily choke out, in shock.

I can't feel anything again........my body.....

"Sorry son, this could've turned out better......." Kuragari's growls lowly, before releasing Ryuji's body into the snow with a heavy thud. He remains unresponsive, ".........if you only became a demon...I would've spared you life....."

A shallow gasp follows, "R-Ryu--"

Before I could even utter a word out, a pair of golden eyes were in front of mine with malice not giving me time to react.

Out of nowhere he delivers a blow following with a sickening crunch to my ribs, causing the wind to knock from my lungs. Blood erupts from my mouth as I try to gasp for air, as my body collides into the ground again as the earth breaks beneath me. Tears stings the corners of my eyes, as it all came in crashing waves of agony and my vision was fading in and out. How am I even still alive now? 

He soon pulls on my hair tightly letting a whimper slip, "I'm gonna left you writhe in pain, til you draw your last breath," his voice came out muffled, feeling my ears ringing continuously. 

Throwing my head forcefully into the blanket of cold snow, my eyes follows his movements before he suddenly disappears into thin air. Tears subconsciously roll down, melting the snow beneath my cheeks while closing my eyes to ease the pain.....

I failed............

---------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 7.7K 23
"[name], run for your life. Live a normal life, forget about us," her mother whispered as she ushered [name] away from the danger lurking about their...
88.9K 1.6K 15
"๐Œ๐ฎ๐ข๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐จ! ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐๐จ!? ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐’๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ ๐‚๐จ๐ซ๐ฉ๐ฌ...
735K 17.9K 24
โ™ง (Y/N) is a nice gentle demon, but can be quite sensitive at times. (Y/N) became a demon by almost being killed from Muzan Kibitsuji when he was kil...
36.5K 1K 20
โš ๏ธNSFWโš ๏ธ "๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ...